Official CAG ESPN NBA2k5 sign-up: League is up, sign up now!!!!

gomer1andonly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Alrighty folks, ESPN NBA2k5 is out and the league is up. I'm sure you all know the drill but I will ask a little more to help make getting a hold of people easier for games. Post the team you would like to take charge of, your XBL Gamertag, and your AIM screen name if you have one. I would like to get the league going in 2-3 weeks so once you get the game, post your stuff and sign up in the league.

League Name: CAGBA
League Password: CAG
League Homepage: http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/league.php?l=44207

Here are the teams and the owners (with XBL Gamertags) so far:

Eastern Conference:

Atlanta Hawks -
Boston Celtics -
Chicago Bulls - Ryosnk (RYOSNK)
Cleveland Cavaliers -
Charlotte Bobcats -
Detroit Pistons - Doubledown (DJ Doubledown)
Indiana Pacers - SteveMcQ (MSBphilin)
Miami Heat - ChrisXE (ChrisStrife) AIM: ChrisStrifeMG
Milwaukee Bucks -
New Jersey Nets - Scahom1 (DipsetNJN) AIM:Scahom1
New York Knicks - thatstoobad (thatstoobad) AIM: nonewwavenofun
Orlando Magic - Gojtron (gojtron) AIM: Gojtron5k
Philadelphia 76ers - Zewone (zewone) AIM: Zewuno
Toronto Raptors -
Washington Wizards -

Western Conference:

Dallas Mavericks - Santurio (Ramo Z)
Denver Nuggets - Nymarbury (Capt Sparrow) AIM: nymarbury
Golden State Warriors - Ph33r m3 (Jin X 89)
Houston Rockets - Gomer1andonly(GomerV1) AIM: Gomer1andonly
Los Angeles Clippers - FrankMcCutcheon (NikeUnlimited)
Los Angeles Lakers - Rvdrock (CephousLSU) AIM: DAC2103
Memphis Grizzles - AJA iALAC (AJ iALAC) AIM: AJ iALAC
Minnesota Timberwolves - Maxflight (Maxflight) AIM: flight2max
New Orleans Hornets -
Phoenix Suns - Petedawg (Gus) AIM:SoCalPeter
Portland Trailblazers - JebusMcLucifer (JebusMcLucifer) AIM: FeldsparMcJebus
Sacramento Kings - his_dudeness20 (His Dudeness 20) AIM: hisdudenessrg
San Antonio Spurs - Magilacudy (HoEDaDdY) AIM: ghettoflyp
Seattle Supersonics -
Utah Jazz -

Thanks to everyone in advance and lets have fun with this league.

What about the Charlotte Bobcats??? will they be in the game?

I also wonder how updated the rosters will be when the game ships....

Good point about the Bobcats, I went to ESPN.com to get the list of teams and conferences and they didn't have them there. Will make sure to add them and everyone else.

[quote name='Santurio']I got my Mavs and my GmrTg has a space in it, just an FYI for those that want to add me their friend list.[/quote]Damn you. Damn you. :evil:

When's your deadline for signing into the game? I'd like to take the Pacers, but I haven't received the game yet.

MSBphilin on Live

[quote name='SteveMcQ']When's your deadline for signing into the game? I'd like to take the Pacers, but I haven't received the game yet.

MSBphilin on Live[/quote]

I'm gonna try for 2-3 weeks for sign up. Sooner everyone signs up, sooner we'll go with it. 3 weeks will be max though. I'll put you down for the Pacers

I put up the link to the league homepage at ESPN.com for everyone who has signed into their teams already. If anyone has a cool design they can make for the front page of it, let me know.

[quote name='ChrisXE']i signed in on the hompeage of our team and says im not a member[/quote]

You did sign into your team on Xbox Live first, right?

List is updated for new owners. Thanks to the few that have signed in, everyone else, get signed in so we can start as soon as possible. Thanks guys.

i wasn't sure about picking this up, but since best buy will have the game for $15 this coming week, and i can use that $5 off xbox live software coupon to get it for $10, i may as well pick it up.

i'll just take the New York Knicks. my XBL gamer tag is "thatstoobad" and my AIM is "nonewwavenofun". i should be buying the game on wednesday.

[quote name='zewone']I signed in. I just got the game and it has to have the WORSE freethrow interface ever. It's god awful.[/quote]

Have you played any of the original NBA2k's? It used to be only lining up the free throws with the R and L buttons. Now its pretty much the same just with timing involved. If anything, it just takes time to get used to and it puts some skill into free throws.

[quote name='zewone']No. I never played any NBA 2k's just something I gonna have to get use to. I spent about an hour practing free throws. Still can't get the hang of it.[/quote]

You'll get it, it was tough back on the Dreamcast, then I got used to it like nothing, then played ESPN NBA basketball from last year and had to re-learn with the timing and making the hoop thing and now its close to second nature. Oh, AJA iALAC, you said you are gonna take the Blazers and thats cool, I even put you down for them, only problem is it said you dropped from the league and I looked and you're still the Sonics. If you want the Blazers, they're all yours.

update...i switched to the Memphis Grizz.

Also...whats up w/ ppl claiming teams and not signing for them? We should have had some type of drawing to figure out an order to pick teams or something, since late comers will be left w/ the scrubs...

[quote name='his_dudeness20']I posted in here, and I do want to join the league. Where/how exactly do I sign up? I'm new to the whole Xbox Live thing.[/quote]

Sign into Live through the game. Go into Leagues and search for the given league's name and type in the password (see OP) and pick your team. Call for your team first, though, and check the list to make sure the one you want hasn't been called for.

[quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='his_dudeness20']I posted in here, and I do want to join the league. Where/how exactly do I sign up? I'm new to the whole Xbox Live thing.[/quote]

Sign into Live through the game. Go into Leagues and search for the given league's name and type in the password (see OP) and pick your team. Call for your team first, though, and check the list to make sure the one you want hasn't been called for.[/quote]

Thanks. I did that, and I'm signed up as the Kings.

im up their every night playing some NBA 2k5 on LIVE. I hope we get this league up and running. ohh yea Gomer I need that rematch :)

Well how about this, I'll give it till the end of this week. Friday night at 10 will be cut off point. Whoever is in the league, we'll go with that. Sound good guys? Oh and Chris, sorry for not being able to play earlier, ended up busy and then plays against Maxflight.

[quote name='Gojtron']We may need to reform, this is never going to work.[/quote]

that's a possibility. i think we may need to look at the other leagues right now (hockey and football) and consider the people who actually play their games as well. i mean, it's kind of lame to not allow someone to play in the league, but at the same time, if they've already shown that they don't play their scheduled games, they can't really be upset about it.

also, i think if you sign up, it should be REQUIRED that you provide an email address and/or AIM name, as that aids communication greatly.

as i said, i will have the game no later than wednesday, so i'll be signing in that evening.

[quote name='thatstoobad'][quote name='Gojtron']We may need to reform, this is never going to work.[/quote]

that's a possibility. i think we may need to look at the other leagues right now (hockey and football) and consider the people who actually play their games as well. i mean, it's kind of lame to not allow someone to play in the league, but at the same time, if they've already shown that they don't play their scheduled games, they can't really be upset about it.

also, i think if you sign up, it should be REQUIRED that you provide an email address and/or AIM name, as that aids communication greatly.

as i said, i will have the game no later than wednesday, so i'll be signing in that evening.[/quote]

Sounds good to me, throw me a challenge my way when you get it, game tag is in SIG

Signed in today. Sorry for the delay. I play my games when I've got my opponentthere. The CAGHL League is kind of slow. I can't find my opponent, but the CAGFL League is going pretty well.

As for the league, I don't like any of the teams left.... I considered Memphis but was too late since they were already taken, so not likely. I own the game so if someone wants a game see my gamertag below..

Hopefully this get going.....I propose if teams aren't signed in by the weekend, they are ALL free to take whatever is left (not just what is on this post)

This can drag on WAY TOO long I feel

bread's done
Back