Official Christmas/Holiday Loot Thread

Well, I won't know for certain until tomorrow but I'm pretty sure I got lots of clothes. Strange that not much has changed over the years. Hated getting clothes as a kid and I don't much care for it as an adult.

A bunch of gift cards, Alice in Wonderland glass tumblers, a few Disney Vinylmation figurines, a big book of coupons to different restaurants and entertainment venues around town, Mario Kart notepads, a box of Thin Mints, and a can of Spotted Dick that I can't wait to re-gift.

Edited to add day 2 gifts:

$25 Best Buy gift card (saving this for a set of headphones)
ceramic door knobs for my closet door (currently remodeling my Mandy cave)
A neat wall hanging decoration
Some bath stuffs

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly shopped for myself since I know the family just gives me clothes and it just pisses me off more since I have to go and make time to return them. clothes are pretty much the troll's gift

Bought myself a Galaxy SIII during the BF deals at Best Buy
Sleeping Dogs
WWE 13
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Pokemon Conquest
Accessories for the SIII. Case, Game Klip, MHV HDMI adapter, and a C-Pen

Yes I was my own santa this year.

FarCry 3
The Sly Collection
Clothes

Finally upgraded my phone and bought an iPhone 5 at WalMart ($137 for the 16GB) as a gift to myself.

My girl gave me 100 in Steam cards, 50 in Amazon cards, 25 in Google Play Cards and a bunch a random trinkets. All in all not bad.

What I've gotten so far:

-$100 cash
-$50 check
-$20 iTunes GC
-A bunch of crappy chocolate

The cash and check will go to my new laptop fund. My dad keeps asking me how much I have saved up so far which makes me think he's going to make up the difference for whatever I decide on getting and make that my Christmas present. Which I'm fine with :D

So far:

Apple earpods
Jaws - blu ray
Empire of the Sun - blu ray
Amazing Spiderman - blu ray
Socks
Gloves
Laptop cleaning kit
Money

I predict more blu rays later I think.

Opened stuff from my dad last night and got:

$50 Best Buy Giftcard
Madden NFL 13
Two T-Shirts

Not too shabby. Going to my mom's tonight where I predict more games and not sure what else. Didn't have a whole lot on my wish list this year since half of it I already bought myself.

If you want to pretend the fantasy football gods gave me the gift of winning my league this past weekend as an early present, then I also have $150 in cash.

New Columbia winter jacket (the big gift I asked for)
Couple shirts for work
Couple gimmick tshirts
New travel mug
Winter gloves
Sleep pants
Candy
Scraper and winter stuff for my car

Simple Christmas, but very satisfying.

I don't think I'm getting much else, so here's pretty much my haul:
$25 gamestop card
$50 amazon giftcard
Cabin in the Woods
Dr. Who Season 7 part 1
Nerdy shirts and sleep pants
Sonic Racing All-Stars Transformed for Wii U
And the big gift from the wife :

29555_10200292504184239_493157431_n.jpg

[quote name='possum1284']clothes are the worst gift ever
Adam[/QUOTE]

Not if you have someone who buys you the clothes you desire.

Here is hoping my g/f bought me some Crown Royal or Johnnie Walker Black. 1.75l please! :cool:

[quote name='GamerDude316']New Columbia winter jacket (the big gift I asked for)
Couple shirts for work
Couple gimmick tshirts
New travel mug
Winter gloves
Sleep pants
Candy
Scraper and winter stuff for my car

Simple Christmas, but very satisfying.[/QUOTE]

Those are all gifts I would greatly appreciate as well.

So far I have received:
$100 holiday bonus
A nativity scene
Weed

Can't complain. It's more fun to give than receive anyway. I gave some sweet presents this year.

[quote name='Habbler']So far I have received:
$100 holiday bonus
A nativity scene
Weed

Can't complain. It's more fun to give than receive anyway. I gave some sweet presents this year.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you did well to me.

Got some more money so hopefully will get a 16GB Nexus 7 tomorrow along with some blu rays if possible (Indiana Jones, Prometheus 3D, E.T)

Money (used for new running shoes and some gear)
Walking Dead Compendium Volume 2
The Dark Knight Rises Bluray
Coldplay Live 2012 Bluray/cd
Clothes
Couple beer glasses
Starbucks Kcups.
Calendar

Some hoodies (i love my hoodies)
Dark Knight Rises Blu Ray
Cabin in the Woods Blu Ray
Ted Blu Ray
Far Cry 3
gift cards
Dress clothes (wife picked out for our date nights)
Ipod Nano

Was told out of the blue that I am getting a divorce on the 23rd, then a bunch of people bought me and brought me bottles of alcohol after I posted the story to Facebook and I said that I wanted alcohol for Christmas. 8 awesome friends came through even though I posted it kind of kidding.
1 fifth of Jack Daniels
1 fifth of Suaza gold that came with mix and glasses
2 fifths of crown (1 from two separate people)
1 fifth of Jagermeister
24 pack of bud light
18 case of budweiser
1 fifth of watermelon pucker
1 fifth of peachtree pucker
1 fifth of red stag with a shot glass and other stuff
1 fifth of hypnotiq
1 pint of hennessy
1 15 dollar Taco Bell gift card that the 11 year old step son of my friend gave me.
1 bowl filled with candy from my 5 year old niece.

Besides about 8 beers I haven't touched any of it yet. One reason is there so much to choose from that I wouldn't know where to start.
I also got some gift cards from family and probably going to get more since I only did Christmas eve at one out of three of the places I was supposed to go to and didn't feel like going anywhere today.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Was told out of the blue that I am getting a divorce on the 23rd, then a bunch of people bought me and brought me bottles of alcohol after I posted the story to Facebook and I said that I wanted alcohol for Christmas. 8 awesome friends came through even though I posted it kind of kidding.
1 fifth of Jack Daniels
1 fifth of Suaza gold that came with mix and glasses
2 fifths of crown (1 from two separate people)
1 fifth of Jagermeister
24 pack of bud light
18 case of budweiser
1 fifth of watermelon pucker
1 fifth of peachtree pucker
1 fifth of red stag with a shot glass and other stuff
1 fifth of hypnotiq
1 pint of hennessy
1 15 dollar Taco Bell gift card that the 11 year old step son of my friend gave me.
1 bowl filled with candy from my 5 year old niece.

Besides about 8 beers I haven't touched any of it yet. One reason is there so much to choose from that I wouldn't know where to start.
I also got some gift cards from family and probably going to get more since I only did Christmas eve at one out of three of the places I was supposed to go to and didn't feel like going anywhere today.[/QUOTE]

I really like a lot that the Taco Bell compliments the other gifts

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Was told out of the blue that I am getting a divorce on the 23rd, then a bunch of people bought me and brought me bottles of alcohol after I posted the story to Facebook and I said that I wanted alcohol for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Full story?

[quote name='blindinglights']Full story?[/QUOTE]

So she started hanging out with a new group of friends a year or two ago. Then she started going out gradually more and more and was eventually spending like 80 a night 5 nights a week at a bar. I kept telling her to stop spending so much because we were just fine on money but I started tracking things with mint.com and seen that we finally were losing more than bringing in. Oh and these friends didn't have jobs half the time so she was buying them crap.
So in November she wants to buy a house. We go through the paper work then she tells me that one of her friends is going to be homeless and see if they could stay in my computer/game room so I was like sure. That way I had unknowingly packed most my stuff and had it all ready in storage for after we got the house. Oh and I sold over 5 grand of stocks so we would have money for the down payment and cost of buying the home. Which I didn't want to do but she talked me into it. Then the house hit a snag where the person selling didn't actual own it so it fell through. Two days later I am at a friends house and she calls me and tells me to come outside and that she wanted to talk with me. Go outside and she tells me that she isn't happy and wants a divorce and has known for awhile. So pretty much stalled it out a month so she could try to get that house. it was five bedrooms and I am pretty sure she wanted those extra rooms so her poor ass friends could stay there and they could drink all the time.
Plus our only pet that was a cat that we had for 7 years died not even a week earlier.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Story[/QUOTE]Through all that, I saw no mention of kids, so I'm just going to assume you have none. Is this correct? If so, it makes divorcing this woman dramatically easier. I don't want to badmouth someones wife, but that sounds really shitty and you should definitely get out while you can.

If you could somehow prove that she was trying to stall the divorce till after you got the house, I'm sure that would drastically help you in making a case for yourself in divorce court.

Good luck and merry Christmas. Get smashed and think of the new year as a fresh start.

20121225091941675.jpg

Also:
$20 cash
$25 Amazon GC
$50 Visa GC
Power Rangers Samuraizer
Captain America action figure

Christmas with my father's side tomorrow, so probably a few bucks more.

Yeah I got everything moved but a big screen tv. No kids because we both never wanted any. Plus all our credit cards and cars have always been separate names and I opened a new bank account for the stock transfer so have my own all ready. I agree that it was very shitty plus the fact that she didn't bring up that she was unhappy before. Like she wasn't even going to try to fix. Probably her friends bad mouthing me for constantly reminding her not to spend so much and to stop buying other people stuff.
Oh plus another shitty thing. That night I was going to have friends come over and help me move my stuff. She kept asking me when and I told her I didn't know but it would be a few hours. She didn't want me coming over because she was having friends over to drink so she moved most my stuff and brought it to me so I wouldn't go over there. I almost thought, my name is on that lease so I'll invite my friends over and have a party also but I didn't.

$100 in cash
Resident Evil: Retribution Blu
Expendables 2 Blu
And my favorite gift of all: The World's Largest Gummi Bear which is 5 lbs and over 10 inches tall which I will probably eat for the next several months.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']So she started hanging out with a new group of friends a year or two ago. Then she started going out gradually more and more and was eventually spending like 80 a night 5 nights a week at a bar. I kept telling her to stop spending so much because we were just fine on money but I started tracking things with mint.com and seen that we finally were losing more than bringing in. Oh and these friends didn't have jobs half the time so she was buying them crap.
So in November she wants to buy a house. We go through the paper work then she tells me that one of her friends is going to be homeless and see if they could stay in my computer/game room so I was like sure. That way I had unknowingly packed most my stuff and had it all ready in storage for after we got the house. Oh and I sold over 5 grand of stocks so we would have money for the down payment and cost of buying the home. Which I didn't want to do but she talked me into it. Then the house hit a snag where the person selling didn't actual own it so it fell through. Two days later I am at a friends house and she calls me and tells me to come outside and that she wanted to talk with me. Go outside and she tells me that she isn't happy and wants a divorce and has known for awhile. So pretty much stalled it out a month so she could try to get that house. it was five bedrooms and I am pretty sure she wanted those extra rooms so her poor ass friends could stay there and they could drink all the time.
Plus our only pet that was a cat that we had for 7 years died not even a week earlier.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that blows. You didn't notice any signs during the marriage that she would pull this crap at all? Like she just flipped a switch one day and that is that? Crazy.

Anywho, here is my Christmas haul:

From fiance:
- Big Bang Theory Season 5.
- Super Mario Galaxy 2.
- Video Rocker chair for my nerdy man cave.
- Super Mario pajama pants.
- A new Adidas hat.

From fiance's parents:
- $20 cash
- A groovy coffee mug
- A hardcore awesome ping pong table for my nerdy man cave.

From my parents:
- $30 Target gift card.
- Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
- Mario Kart 7
- Body Wash
- Giant bag of candy

From my sister:
- $25 Best Buy gift card.

From my boss #1
- $15 Chipotle gift card.

From my boss #2
- An imported Japanese scoreboard for my ping pong table.

Overall a pretty awesome Christmas.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Dude, that blows. You didn't notice any signs during the marriage that she would pull this crap at all? Like she just flipped a switch one day and that is that? Crazy.
[/QUOTE]

Yup, even was shopping for carpet and paint last week. My idea and she went with me. Never thought she would pull the crap either especially how she did. Not the same personality as when I married though.

$100 in Gift Certificates to HockeyMonkey(I need to buy new Ice Hockey Skates) and I got $50 Amazon Gift Card, clothes and a new Norelco Shaver. Oh and tons and tons of Candy and other various junk foods..... I told them I am trying to get healthier and that is what they give me.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Yup, even was shopping for carpet and paint last week. My idea and she went with me. Never thought she would pull the crap either especially how she did. Not the same personality as when I married though.[/QUOTE]Well if you've made up your mind and want to go through with the divorce, then I'd just cut off all contact to your wife. Don't do anything vindictive that could screw you over later. Once the new year starts, get a good divorce lawyer as soon as possible and explain the entire situation. After that, just let all contact with your wife run through your lawyer and try to put yourself in the best position to make this as quick and painless as possible.

Like I said, good luck and don't let this ruin your holiday.

Oh, and my updated loot list:

-$100 cash
-$50 check
-$20 iTunes GC
-$25 gas card
-Clothes and with more to come
-Homemade gift basket with food and sweets
-Some scratch offs
-And a bunch of crappy chocolate that I have somehow managed to devour over the last day

Dude, sorry to hear that.

How long were you married for and looking back now, do you realize any red flags?

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Yeah I got everything moved but a big screen tv. No kids because we both never wanted any. Plus all our credit cards and cars have always been separate names and I opened a new bank account for the stock transfer so have my own all ready. I agree that it was very shitty plus the fact that she didn't bring up that she was unhappy before. Like she wasn't even going to try to fix. Probably her friends bad mouthing me for constantly reminding her not to spend so much and to stop buying other people stuff.
Oh plus another shitty thing. That night I was going to have friends come over and help me move my stuff. She kept asking me when and I told her I didn't know but it would be a few hours. She didn't want me coming over because she was having friends over to drink so she moved most my stuff and brought it to me so I wouldn't go over there. I almost thought, my name is on that lease so I'll invite my friends over and have a party also but I didn't.[/QUOTE]

Cash
Garmin Nuvi 50LM GPS
UFC on Fox 6 tickets
Coheed and Cambria concert tickets (My favorite band)
Coheed and Cambria Poster
Coheed and Cambria: Neverender Children of the Fence limited edition box set
Far Cry 3
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
2 pairs of Khaki pants
Chicago Bulls hat

[quote name='billyrox']Dude, sorry to hear that.

How long were you married for and looking back now, do you realize any red flags?[/QUOTE]

Not in the past few months. Probably too trusting on what I let her run around and do. I didn't want her drinking and driving home so allowed her to stay over at friends houses. We lived too far out for a taxi. Married two years, dated 4-5 years before that. Didn't turn sour til she hung out with that group of friends. She also lost friends of her that were from before I met her because they didn't like how she changed and she ditched a lot of them.

$75 in Amazon gift cards
Mad Catz Soul Calibur V Fightstick
Portal 2 replica gun
TMNT PJ Pants
NES X-Men
NES Darkwing Duck
NES Spider Man (Complete)
NES Totally Rad
NES Snake Rattle n Roll
NES Conquest of the Crystal Palace
SNES Wolvering Adamantium Rage
E-Tank energy drinks
Custom Zelda T-Shirt
Prototype 2 Collector Edition
Borderlands CL4P-TP Figure
Xenoblade Chronicles

My wife and I also got a Wii U Deluxe for both of us with Sonic Racing and NSMBU

Money
Socks
Underwear

2x $25 Amazon Giftcards (bought Zombi U)
$25 Best Buy Giftcard (From my boss)

From the GF
Blanket (she is custom designing and making me one)
1 LB of Coffee
Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Cashews and Bacon
Winter Hat (says Zombie Killer on it)
Bar of NES Soap
Mini Portal Turret (one of those small collectors ones with like 20 designs).

Overall happy with my gifts.

Not much action on this thread this year but I will post what I got.

$480 (including 50 dollar visa gift card)
Nexus 7
Adventure Time calendar
$20 in Googleplay Funny Money
Deadpool print
Link & Dark Link print (I don't know where these came from so I will have to look it up)
Toybox poster from fangamer
Windwaker poster from fangamer
Dark Knight Returns Kotobukiya statue (Batman and Joker)
T-shirt from Meat Bun
Game of Thrones Sweat Shirt
Some sweat shirts, pajama pants, flannel shirts
3 different types of running gloves (going to keep 1 or maybe 2 of them)
Deus Ex for the 360
Signed cover art print from Fables (Comic book series)
2 movie tickets
3 pairs of gloves (really only need one pair so may drop off, or donate the other ones somewhere)
32 gb flash drive
Portal 2 book ends
blue tooth headset
2012 silver dollar
paper craft monsters

I believe that is it. Our family goes hog wild with the whole Christmas thing. I know it is a little silly, but it just seems to be the way we go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too much this year, although I was glad to get the 8-Bit Christmas Wreath and 8-Bit Stocking (free via Geek points) from Thinkgeek when they were offering free shipping.

No games, which is a first, although a good bit of cash. I'll more than likely be helping myself to a 3DS XL with those proceeds...

$50 Sheetz card
2 new front tires w/studs
Help payment on my dentist bill since my work doesn't offer any dental insurance

bread's done
Back