Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called today and my system is on its way back. It was picked up last night, so I'm hoping it'll be here by the weekend. I got my tracking # so I can view the progress. UPS don't fail me now!!

[quote name='doc_zaius']got the three red rings. I'm wondering if I should use EB games extended warranty or just send it back to xbox.[/quote]

If you send it back to MS, you'll most likely get a refurb with a different serial number. I'm fairly certain that would then void your EB warranty.

My launch unit died for the 4th time and thanks to TRU's replacement plan, a refund is coming my way. For some reason they sent back the bricked 360 so I'm wondering if I get an Elite and the migration kit, could/should I transfer my old hard drive? Also, any constructive ideas on what I could do with a dead 360?

Well it looks like even with the free month of Live they gave me, I may still be out a few days, if not longer. Coming up on the 4 week anniversery of the call in a few days.

[quote name='PanzerNinja']My launch unit died for the 4th time and thanks to TRU's replacement plan, a refund is coming my way. For some reason they sent back the bricked 360 so I'm wondering if I get an Elite and the migration kit, could/should I transfer my old hard drive? Also, any constructive ideas on what I could do with a dead 360?[/quote]

I'll give you $20 +shipping for it.

Ordered my coffin on 5/23, got my 360 back on 6/20.

They gave me a replacement and it seems to be working fine. It also came with a 1 month live card.

I bit the bullet after talking them down to %50 off the service charge. $68 to fix it plus another year of warranty. still bullshit but better than $140

funniest part was taking it up to UPS store. as soon as I walked in the guy laughed and said "360 huh" said it was the third today and they get a few in every single day. just at one small store in my town... Nuts.

[quote name='KRS-2']I bit the bullet after talking them down to %50 off the service charge. $68 to fix it plus another year of warranty. still bullshit but better than $140

funniest part was taking it up to UPS store. as soon as I walked in the guy laughed and said "360 huh" said it was the third today and they get a few in every single day. just at one small store in my town... Nuts.[/quote]

When my 2nd coffin was delivered the other day, the UPS guy was like "They didn't fix it right, huh?" Same guy who delivered the 'repaired' unit two weeks ago, saying "Here's an xbox I need you to sign for."

I find it funny since the boxes only say Repair Center in the "From address."

[quote name='sp00ge']When my 2nd coffin was delivered the other day, the UPS guy was like "They didn't fix it right, huh?" Same guy who delivered the 'repaired' unit two weeks ago, saying "Here's an xbox I need you to sign for."

I find it funny since the boxes only say Repair Center in the "From address."[/quote]

pathetic when the old ups store guy knows all the problems video game consoles are having.

ups is probably loving it though...

Just got my system back yesterday...opened it:

It's a refurb...along w/ a 1 month free XBox Live Card.

I hope this refurb lasts.

Well I've just joined the club. Got the 3 red lights this afternoon, and called MS. Luckily I got a very nice guy who actually sounded like he was American. Said I should get the coffin in 3-5 days along with a 1 month subscription card to Live.

Sucks because I was really looking forward to Overlord Wednesday-.- Guess I'll switch my Darkness preorder over to the PS3 version.

I've recently had my Xbox 360 crap out on me. I have had it since a little after launch and it was manufactured in 2005 i believe. I'm pretty sure I am out of warranty since I've had it for a couple of years. Is there anything I can do get it fixed for no cost?

You can try to talk to them and see if you can work out a discount. Be civil and super-friendly, but even still it depends heavily on the Service Rep you talk to.

*saved spot*

I'll be joining this thread soon. my drive is having a hard time reading games and goes from perfectly fine, to not reading anything, to perfectly fine, and back. I guess sometime within the next few weeks it'll stop reading discs altogether.

and for that time, I've got this ready:
6aiwjuh.jpg

:)

[quote name='LiveCrazy_Joe']Does anybody know how the long the warranty is on a refurbished unit. When I get mine back do I have a full year again?[/quote]

If you sent your console in for repairs, your warranty (whether you receive your original console back or a refurb) is [i believe] the remaining warranty on your original console or 90 days, which ever is longer.

Well my 360 is dead. I'm getting the red ring on startup now, and if the console actually does boot, it locks up a minute or so after. I figure it's overheating, but I have no idea why since I've always kept it in a well circulated area.

No warranty either :(

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I put just the console in the box right? None of the wires?[/quote]Correct. No hard drive either. Oddly enough, I was told to also take off the faceplate. When I got it back (the third console) it was a brand new one, but I'm not trying to attribute one thing to another.

Depends. The last one for me was sent out as soon as the broken one was received. Unfortunately, the one they sent me was also broken, so it's gotta go back.

Mine died a couple of days ago. I'm not gonna bother with MS since I have a gamestop warranty. This will be console #4 (3rd this year) for me.

I'm an oddity. My launch console worked near flawlessly until March when the dvd drive wouldn't work. Second 360 didn't last a week (basically ate my Oblivion disc). Now this third console won't read xbox/xbox 360 games at all (cds are fine though).

I wish I could be like everyone else and get 3 red rings, at least I could try the towel trick with that.

[quote name='Surferflames']That's from when they receive it?[/quote]
no.. that was the total time for me receiving the coffin, sending mine off, them receiving it, then me receiving a new one.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Correct. No hard drive either. Oddly enough, I was told to also take off the faceplate. When I got it back (the third console) it was a brand new one, but I'm not trying to attribute one thing to another.[/quote]

Funny you mention that, because the exact same thing happened to me. They told me to take off the faceplate, and I got a brand new console back last Friday (not that I'm complaining!).

Sending back my 4th system now (3 with ROD and 1 the refurb they sent me was crap so I requested a new one).

Here's hoping 5th times a charm, but my guess I'll be posting again in a month.

Mine is not completely broken but it froze two times today, and both discs were bought brand new and have no scratches. However after I finish a song in Guitar Hero II it beeps and freezes and in DOA 4 it randomly froze during multiplayer. It beeped both times. This is crap and I'm very upset about this, I just got it this Christmas and it's already crapped out? fuck this, all these great games but a faulty console?

At least some of you guys got warnings. Mine was working perfectly fine the night before, had never had it freeze or anything since I got it. Turned it on the next day, red rings. I only got it in November.

Well my xbox was received today at noon. Once they receive it how long do they take to send another new or refurbished one back. It shouldnt take that long I imagine since I only live two hours away from Mcallen TX.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']At least some of you guys got warnings. Mine was working perfectly fine the night before, had never had it freeze or anything since I got it. Turned it on the next day, red rings. I only got it in November.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what happened to my sister's 360. I was playing it the night before (Call of Duty 2) and then the next day, 3 red lights. :cry:

I've had my console since launch and the manufactuor date was October 2005. I've never had any problems. A few weeks ago when I turned it on, I got one red light and error 79 (if iremember correctly) which after some research I discovered was a "generic hardware failure." It suggested to remove all usb devices and the hd and then try to reboot. Before I attempted that, I shut it off, removed my xbox 64mb memory card and rebooted, the error and 1 red lights were gone!!!! I then plugged back in the memory card, no issues since then. Very strange, anyone else run into a similar issue? I've since them been able to save to and delete from the memory card. I'm positive that the card was plugged all the way in that day.

I'm not willing to settle with "it was an issue with the memory card."

Well there's a nice flaw in their service website system. Once they decide to give you a new box with a new serial number, your tracking goes to hell. Guess I need to call to see the status now.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']At least some of you guys got warnings. Mine was working perfectly fine the night before, had never had it freeze or anything since I got it. Turned it on the next day, red rings. I only got it in November.[/QUOTE]

Same thing just happened to me. This will be my second to send in for repair. Very irritating...*holds up thumb* thanks Microsoft!

Well, shit, I was just reading through bits and pieces of the article and noticed his latest problems--some cracking audio in Forza, which I get. It's very rare and is very brief, but color me worried. Somehow posting here makes me feel like it'll go any minute. Damn you, MS.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, that's what happened to my sister's 360. I was playing it the night before (Call of Duty 2) and then the next day, 3 red lights. :cry:[/quote]

That is exactly what happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back