Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Scorch']Did you double, triple, and quadruple check that it's set to either TV or HDTV on your audio/video cords where it goes into the console? I was having the same problem then noticed somehow that the switch had been flipped.[/quote]
Yeah making sure the switch was in the correct position was the first thing I checked. I've also tested it on 3 different displays (HDTV, normal TV, and computer monitor). Since I got no picture with the AV cables as well as the VGA adapter, I'm pretty sure the problem lies within the Xbox 360. I'm almost positive that the GPU is fried or dead because the console still functions as normal (no red lights and if I hit the shoulder buttons I can hear the blades moving).

Finally got a 360 back after the huge fiasco. It wasn't the new one they promised (no surprise), but it is a year newer than my launch console and the refurb they sent me last time. It was pretty clean (not as clean as my original, mind you). Hopefully all the time went into adding a new heat sink. But now I have an additional 3 years to putter around.

I played the heck out of it this weekend, and I'm happy again!

I don't understand why there is a 4 to 6 week wait if everyone is getting a refurb right now and not the console they shipped to them. What really burns me is I spent money for a new console. If I wanted a refurb I would have bought one.

good news everybody, apparently 4-6 weeks was crap and my 360 was sent out on the 20, though i have a feeling it will prob be a refurb, i just hope it lasts and I dont have to send it back again

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']good news everybody, apparently 4-6 weeks was crap and my 360 was sent out on the 20, though i have a feeling it will prob be a refurb, i just hope it lasts and I dont have to send it back again[/quote]

That is encouraging, hopefully everyone will start getting theirs back soon.

What kind of warrenty do you get with the console they send back to you? Do the 3 years start over, do you just get a 90 day limited one?

[quote name='ncibob']I don't understand why there is a 4 to 6 week wait if everyone is getting a refurb right now and not the console they shipped to them. What really burns me is I spent money for a new console. If I wanted a refurb I would have bought one.[/QUOTE]

I was told 10-12 days for them to fix my system.

They are apparently fixing most systems now instead of sending replacements. I think this was in one of their press releases when they extended the warranty to 3 years?

Broken June 8
Received Coffin June 15
Coffin received at the repair center June 20
Received back from Microsoft July 16

4-6 weeks is correct.

[quote name='azortex']I was using Pelican Fan stand, didn't do me any good. Still got the 3RR. I did not get the intercooler because I heard it makes your 360 even louder!

Fan Comparison:
http://console.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTA5MiwxLCxoY29uc29sZQ==[/QUOTE]

Its sad to say but I think we just all need to wait for a new "model" to come out that fixes the problem which seems to be overheating. Its too bad, I would have gotten a 360 already.

well. my serial number on the service page has changed but it still says "received at service center" when I click on the new number. Anybody have this happen to them? It changed on Saturday and I thought they were just waiting to ship it today, but no go.

my system froze once yesterday while i was playing forza, then it worked fine for the whole 2 hours i played it. today i turn on the system and played one race then the system kept freezing. now i can't even start a race before the system freezes. the 3 flashing red lights shows up once in awhile and other times the system turns on fine just to freeze again a minute later. now i gotta call MS again, this will be my third system in less than a year.

[quote name='AK85']That is encouraging, hopefully everyone will start getting theirs back soon.

What kind of warrenty do you get with the console they send back to you? Do the 3 years start over, do you just get a 90 day limited one?[/QUOTE]

i am pretty sure it just continues from the old warranty

does the new extended 3 year warranty cover things besides the three red lights of death cause mines fucked up but its not the three red lights and i dont feel like paying to repair it

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i am pretty sure it just continues from the old warranty[/QUOTE]
The rest of the original warrenty or 90 days. Whichever is longer.

[quote name='nonrandomhero']ordered my coffin today.......[/quote]

Same I was worried because I thought my console wasn't under warranty I was happily surprised to hear I had until aug 9th to do so, I was lucky it broke sooner rather then later.

[quote name='PatricoSwavey9']does the new extended 3 year warranty cover things besides the three red lights of death cause mines fucked up but its not the three red lights and i dont feel like paying to repair it[/QUOTE]

NO. The 3 year extended warranty ONLY covers the Red Ring of Death (as MS knows they screwed up).

As for freezing during FORZA in another post. I guess that is a common problem with Forza, and maybe that is why there are an abundance of RRoD issues.

Does anyone else have the same problem im having with my 360, a while ago when the last update came out giving us a new blade. I downloaded it and when my xbox restarted itself all of my colors were messed up like i dont even see the color green anymore its replaced with blue and whenever i pop in a game i got two red bars on the top and bottom of my screen, kinda like watching a dvd except they're red instead of black, it just all around looks like shit. And its not my tv cause i hook my wii up to the same AV ports I call up xbox and tell them im not paying to fix it cause their stupid update broke my system but they said sense there is no other case like this i sill have to pay for the repair. Another weird thing is any videos ive d/led like the free southpark episode comes in perfectly fine, the colors are correct and everything. Anyone else have this same problem or know how to fix it?!?!!?

Called again today and got another story. Now I'm told that the xbox most likely can't be fixed and I'll be sent a 'new' one (most likely a refurb). I told her great, since the one I sent in was 'new' unit they sent me that arrived broken. Then she went into the whole "I'm going to attempt to get your issue expedited..." blah blah blah. "Please call back in 1-2 weeks to get a tracking number for your xbox."

They've had it for two weeks now, and they still can't give me a definite? All I'm hearing is a bunch of scripted BS. So much for having my xbox back while I'm still on vacation from work.

They received my old unit but now when I log in to check status, they are showing a different serial number with the warranty status as out of warranty and no pending repair. No email indicating its been shipped out or anything.

Does this mean I'm just supposed to wait around until this crappy refurb unit gets shipped out to me?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I sent mine in almost a week ago, and yet, no word on if they got it or not...[/quote]

You didn't copy down the tracking number on the return slip?

Still nothing new for me....no new serial #, nothing. This sucks...I guess I'll get it back when Madden 08 comes out (hopefully). Although, I wanted to play NCAA 08 FIRST!

I spoke to MS this morning, only took about about a minute to get thru after a week of waiting over a half hour each time and finally giving up. They recieved my 360 on 7/16. He said there is still another 2 to 3 weeks until it will be shipped backed. The reason being is that this one will be fixed and shipped back to me. He assured that I would not be getting a refurbished and was a 100% sure that it would be the one I sent in. I don't know how how true that is because everyone here seems to be getting a refurbed one back.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah...hurray for football games... :roll:[/QUOTE]

What is your point? Do you like games where you roll the dice/wait your turn....yes, I enjoy SPORTS, like a red-blooded male should.

Let's try not to bash in here.

I think they received mine also on 7/16, so if I have to wait 2-3 more weeks, that just sucks, as that is not acceptable.

[quote name='doubledown']yes, I enjoy SPORTS, like a red-blooded male should.[/quote]
I don't enjoy sports T.T

Anyway, as I mentioned with mine, they got it on the 3rd and sent it out on the 21st. So it's going to take about 2 and a half weeks.

I think too many people want the same system so it's taking longer than before. I rather get a refurb if it means getting the system back a week or 2 earlier. Especially since once your broken 360 is fixed, it's a refurb too.

I agree that waiting over a month is totally not acceptable in this situation. It seems they are not prepared at all to support the 3 year warranty extension due to the backlog they have. It sucks that mine broke at all but did it have to be the day before the warranty revision, bad luck for me. I just wish I knew a better avenue to complain to MS about this. There 1-800 # gets you no where other than frusterated.

The reason why I wan't my same system back over a refurb is that I know how mine has been taken care of. I don't want one that has been kicked into a corner of a bedroom when is was done being used or banged around across the living room floor. All my home theater components are kept well venilated and and nice and neat on my entertainment center. You also hear about others who get a system that is older than the one that they shipped in and have new problems such as not being able to read all there games (DDR).

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I don't enjoy sports T.T

Anyway, as I mentioned with mine, they got it on the 3rd and sent it out on the 21st. So it's going to take about 2 and a half weeks.[/quote]

I don't either, but apparently, we're supposed to. :roll:

Anyway, i'm going on vacation this weekend, so not having my xbox won't be a huge deal. I just hope it doesn't take too long.

So now they are for sure giving you back the same console? Or a new one, maybe?

Mine cant read games, cracks them, gets 3 RROD, makes odd noises and is LOUD AND HOT.

Does anyone still have a copy of the packing instructions they send with the box?
They sent the instructions in spanish to me and im not sure if there is something I am missing.

[quote name='OGHowie']I'm guessing it's taking MS longer now because they are adding heatsinks to all systems in for repair?

I found this at llama.com: http://forums.llamma.com/viewtopic.php?t=11134[/QUOTE]

Interesting if true....I guess this is there semi-permanent "fix". I just want mine back sooner than later. I guess if this is true, I should get the same serial # back...which I could care less about, since I already sent 3 in.

[quote name='AvidWriter']So the newer ones straight from the factory after whatever date should have a new heatsink? If thats true and if thats the problem...well I'd need some proof. : \[/QUOTE]

i doubt we'll ever hear anything officially, unofficially, or rumored from Microsoft... since they don't want a recall on their hands...

The only specific way is to open up a random console after the supposed "new" 65nm chips are out and see if it has the new heatsink, I suppose.

Yeesh... this shouldn't even be the conversation we're having... It's indeed frustrating to think that every time my 360 churns up, it might be its last. :)

[quote name='AvidWriter']So the newer ones straight from the factory after whatever date should have a new heatsink? If thats true and if thats the problem...well I'd need some proof. : \[/QUOTE]

They only way is to open it up after you get yours back from warranty but that voids our warranty so I don't think many of us are willing to do that. Llama is full of modders so they don't mind voiding their warranty by opening the system.

[quote name='sp00ge']Odd. Yet I'm being told I'm getting a replacement because mine "can't be repaired." It was getting a disc errors.[/quote]

Man, your console must have been all kinds of borked up.

[quote name='sp00ge']Odd. Yet I'm being told I'm getting a replacement because mine "can't be repaired." It was getting a disc errors.[/quote]

Are they sending you a new replacement or a refurb?

Mine does the same thing...but worse. :D :bomb:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Man, your console must have been all kinds of borked up.[/quote]

It was a 'refurb' they sent me.... go figure. I bet they sent me one that was just receieved as broken.

I want a brand new console. Jesus, Ive been onboard since day 3 of the xbox 360 and I want either the same console REPAIRED (not looked at and then shipped back) or a new one.

This is ridiculous. For all I know I could be getting a 360 from a sex addict that has lube and shit on it. :cold: Waaaah?

That's my biggest concern. Mine looks pristine, but for all i know there's cocaine residue or something on it that could convict me of a crime in the future. What if some killer had your system and left evidence on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back