Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understanding this deal is with how many times your system has been replaced. My 4th return i got a 64 meg memory card. The 5th system I returned I got a wireless controller and Blue Dragon. I got to choose from a list they sent me. Hell I'm at the point I can't wait to send my system back ;)

Looks like mine is coming home (Repair Status: Device Shipped) after just 4 days (from when I sent it), I did get almost a whole month of play from the towel trick, any longer and I would have had to get another coffin.

BUT I see a potential problem.:roll:

I had a pro with hdmi got it right when they came out.
Xbox360 Hardware (SN: 31#######805)
they are sending
Xbox360 Hardware (SN: 21#######005)

So I'm guessing its older so does this mean I will not get a HDMI back?
That HDMI cable was expensive so then what happens? Anyone ever get a lesser systen back, not just a older one of the same you had?

[quote name='dirte1']
I had a pro with hdmi got it right when they came out.
Xbox360 Hardware (SN: 31xxxxx72805)
they are sending
Xbox360 Hardware (SN: 21xxxxx73005)
[/QUOTE]

Your replacement is newer. Check the SN decoder I listed a few posts back. Your replacement was built in the 30th week of 07, while your original was built in the 28th week of 07. I'm not sure if it is safe for you to post your SN's though. Not sure what other people can do with them.

I am still wondering if an SN starting with 9 means it is definitely a relabeled refurb with a new build date. That's what I got.

I just remembered something that I wanted to run by you guys. The agent told me they were gonna send a bigger box so I can include the power supply. I dunno what's that supposed to mean.

[quote name='popemogoth']I just remembered something that I wanted to run by you guys. The agent told me they were gonna send a bigger box so I can include the power supply. I dunno what's that supposed to mean.[/quote]

They told me that also, so I can return my power brick/supply along with the dead 360. Of course when the box arrived it was the regular size box with no room for the power brick. Looks like great customer service once again.

Yep, I hate Microsoft Customer Service. Do they even screen these people? Do they have computer and xbox knowledge? This one bitch that was on the phone with me for almost an hour, all she did was slur her words like she was confused and kept saying " ugh, ugh, ugh ' bitch don't know shit. How can such a succesful company have such low quality customer support?

[quote name='popemogoth']I just remembered something that I wanted to run by you guys. The agent told me they were gonna send a bigger box so I can include the power supply. I dunno what's that supposed to mean.[/QUOTE]

You also have to be careful that they might forget to send you a power supply back even if you send yours in. I think that happened to someone here. For some problems, they suspect it is a power supply problem (although probably not likely), but be prepared to have to call them back for a new power supply if they forget.

My 360 is currently in for repairs. I had it registered online at their site. It was recently updated saying that the system is being sent back to me, and the serial number changed. The warranty I had on my system was good through June 23 at 8 PM of next year I believe. It was close to that anyway. The warranty right now online however says that it has expired and was only good through last December. Will I have to call them and get that fixed? Or will they automatically update it so that I am still under warranty? I don't want my 360 dying in another 3 months and them trying to tell me that it's not under warranty. Thanks

Third 360 i've owned bought it today, started freezing, i'm thinking strange I didn't get a ring of death, kept turning it on and off for an hour letting it freeze each time, finally got one. You know this wouldn't normally mean jack shit to me but christ I had just opened the wrap on Call of Duty 4!

I am so depressed and pissed at the same time lol. I just brought home Rock Band thinking it would be so fucking sick to play it tonight only to find out after assembling the drums that my Xbox360 gave me ring of death. I called in and they are sending me the coffin but i am wondering since i called in is there anyway for me to check my repair status when i send in my 360?

So I call in and besides the idiot saying oh that must be dust causing that then saying the repair process is different when you have done it three times, i'm wondering what the hell he is talking about, well now I know. I have been on hold for........... 24 minutes and counting for a supervisor who needs to explain the differences to me. This is just bull, it seems with each console I send in these calls get worse and worse.

It's the idiots who work Customer Service they don't knw jack. I really hate calling in for help and having to listen to nonsense. Tell me something I don't know. One time I asked my agent if they even owned an Xbox 360.

You guys know you can request a repair via the Xbox web site, without having to call by phone, right? If you log into xbox.com and click "Support" (under your gamer tag), there is a place on the right side that says "Register your console / Repair your console." That takes you to the forms you need to fill out. That's what I did, and I never needed to speak with anyone at customer service.

Just tell them you're at work and you don't have the console with you; that'll circumvent all that useless troubleshooting.

I shipped my bogus box on the 14th, received it yesterday. I shipped it without a faceplate (the original one broke a while back) and they replaced it with a new one. Threw in a 1 Month XBL card as well. Mine never actually RRoD'd (no video), but they replaced it free of charge anyhow (it was a launch unit). I immediately sold it to a friend as I've since bought an Elite.

Aside from not having my console for two weeks, I'm pretty happy with the process.

turned on the thing after a few hours of rock band in the morning, and got the lights

now the damn thing won't turn on

requested a coffin earlier today, and i'm going to be without a 360 for about 3 weeks. awesome.

I have the coffin on it's way since i requested it all online, but do i need to call them or anything?

After three months, with one refurbished system working for about 5 minutes, I have a working Xbox! I used it for about 3 hours last night, and although much louder and hotter than my H3 box, it works (so far).

I want to write a very long, detailed letter and/or e-mail about my experience during this ordeal. Does anyone have good contact information for something better than the generic customer service?

I sent my box off a couple of weeks ago and just got it back today. They sent me a different 360 than the one I sent in. The build date on it is 12-11-2007 though! What I don't have is the hdmi port. They stop doing this? I had a premium system and it looks like they sent me a pro (has a silver disc drive cover thingy) Could they have given me a core with a swapped out disc drive cover? If so, that sucks!

[quote name='Sancho1978']I sent my box off a couple of weeks ago and just got it back today. They sent me a different 360 than the one I sent in. The build date on it is 12-11-2007 though! What I don't have is the hdmi port. They stop doing this? I had a premium system and it looks like they sent me a pro (has a silver disc drive cover thingy) Could they have given me a core with a swapped out disc drive cover? If so, that sucks![/QUOTE]

They most likely sent you a refurbished unit with a new build date. Does the serial number start with 9? I think both premium/pro have silver covers though. But I'm sure they could easily swap them. Otherwise there is no difference from a core main unit. I wonder what the turnaround time for refurbishing is. They might have given you mine. :)

[quote name='scottman']They most likely sent you a refurbished unit with a new build date. Does the serial number start with 9? I think both premium/pro have silver covers though. But I'm sure they could easily swap them. Otherwise there is no difference from a core main unit. I wonder what the turnaround time for refurbishing is. They might have given you mine. :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, it does start with a 9! It seems just barely more quiet than the old one I had. As long as the damn thing works, I am happy. I played some Mass Effect for about an hour with no problems.

I just got the rings of death for the 2nd time......sigh. I just purchased $50 of XBOX Live points for Rock Band downloads. Guess my PS3 will get some loving for a while.

I turned on my 360 this mourning with the great surprise of the red ring.

Not this again, I just hope to god it doesn't take 6 weeks to get a working console like last time.

Well I just got mine back today. (had some problems with fedex), but after 3 hours the screen froze. When I hit the (center)X button I could hear a popup.
So I reset and got no output from the 360. I waited like 3 min for it to cool and it worked fine for another couple hours, then froze again. It froze both times in the postgame lobby of cod4. should I call for another coffin just so I have one handy? Also if they sent me a bad system will they give me any special treatment?

I had the same no video/audio output problem before I got rrod, but not the same screen freeze (no checkerboard and still had some audio).

Don't know if this is old news or what

but a few weeks ago, I was having DRE's on my games, so I called MS to get it repaired, and was told I had to pay because it wasn't under warranty. I told them I had purchased a extended warranty, and that it should be.

Well I found out I had to write a letter to as them to switch the warranty to this console, since it was not my original one. So I sent off the letter.

FAST FOWARD TO TODAY

I called because I hadn't heard anything on the switch, to find out what the deal was. The guy I spoke to (who spoke english) asked me where I got that information from. I told him the last agent I spoke with told me. Well I guess he was a higher up then them (no clue how I got to him) and they were only a teir 1 agent? It turned out that the information that was given to me to write this letter was tottally BS

Anyway, he told me that my warranty had been extended for 3 years, and I shouldn't have had to pay. So I asked what him what does this cover?

Anyway, I'm covered till 2010 (sometime) on EVERYTHING. Red Lights, DRE, No Video, No Audio, etc is what was explained to me by this guy.

I don't know if I'm a special case, because of a problem I had in the past is what he was explaining, but ether way I'm HAPPY...

Just thought I'd share this, since everyone seems to say fuck Microsoft alot here

and to those worried about the Service Site, don't worry about what it claims. I was told that they update it when they can, so even if it claims warranty expired, etc. It's probably wrong

[quote name='Richlough']Jan 3, 2008 6:08 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery

I should get mine back today .[/QUOTE]

My new 360 arrived at 11:30 am today !

Mr Dubbs - I got the same "Need to write a letter" response last night. I had a replacement from a RROD and they never established a new service contract on the "new" one. I will see if they get it figured out from my letter - otherwise will give them another call. Guess I will have some time to play my Wii for a bit. Thanks for the info on your experience with them. Cheers! [Congrats RichLough on getting a system back!] ;)

[quote name='jojoschump2000']Mr Dubbs - I got the same "Need to write a letter" response last night. I had a replacement from a RROD and they never established a new service contract on the "new" one. I will see if they get it figured out from my letter - otherwise will give them another call. Guess I will have some time to play my Wii for a bit. Thanks for the info on your experience with them. Cheers! [Congrats RichLough on getting a system back!] ;)[/quote]

I would contact them again, and ask for a higher up, the guy told me it was a waste to write the letter basically

Got my coffin today and dropped everything off at Fedex, you know when they say they will be sending a bigger box for the power supply the box they send isn't really any bigger, the directions are just different. I crammed it all in there and off it went. BTW when did they stop using UPS?

How long does it take you all to get a coffin? Tomorrow will be two weeks since my repair order has been "submitted" and i've yet to get my coffin.

[quote name='Bezerker']How long does it take you all to get a coffin? Tomorrow will be two weeks since my repair order has been "submitted" and i've yet to get my coffin.[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right, last time I think it was something like three weeks. Because this is the 3rd 360 to go on me they overnighted me a box

Sent mine out on the 20th, came back today on the 3rd. Exactly two weeks, not bad considering the holiday rush I guess. It was weird cause they shipped the coffin out via UPS but they shipped it back via FedEx. Heh. They shipped a one month gold subscription card to me with the 360 which I guess is the usual routine they do.

MFR date is 12-15-2007, no HDMI. Newly manufactured than my old one, which I'm not sure is good or not, but oh well. Off to playing again!

[quote name='shinryuu']Sent mine out on the 20th, came back today on the 3rd. Exactly two weeks, not bad considering the holiday rush I guess. It was weird cause they shipped the coffin out via UPS but they shipped it back via FedEx. Heh. They shipped a one month gold subscription card to me with the 360 which I guess is the usual routine they do.

MFR date is 12-15-2007, no HDMI. Newly manufactured than my old one, which I'm not sure is good or not, but oh well. Off to playing again![/QUOTE]

Mine is 12-18-07 no HDMI .

It appears to be in pristine condition , you don't know how much that pleases me .
I was ready to get some brat's boogered up nicotine smelling POS .

Sorry if this has been brought up in the last few pages. Has anyone with a "new falcon" system had any red rings? I remember reading up to and around the release of these "new chipsets" and I was interested in getting a 360 then other things got in my way an I lost track so now I'm looking into it again and I just wanted to check to see if any of these supposed "newer" 360's were redring proof. Thanks.

[quote name='MrDubbs']Don't know if this is old news or what

*snip*

Just thought I'd share this, since everyone seems to say fuck Microsoft alot here

and to those worried about the Service Site, don't worry about what it claims. I was told that they update it when they can, so even if it claims warranty expired, etc. It's probably wrong[/QUOTE]

See, the fact that you called twice and two people told you completely different things is a bad sign. If I were you i'd call a third time and try to get it in writing.

[quote name='Milkyman']See, the fact that you called twice and two people told you completely different things is a bad sign. If I were you i'd call a third time and try to get it in writing.[/quote]

well the guy claimed to be a teir 3 agent i believe it was, so I'd hope he know

I was kinda hoping someone else would call, to see what they get told, since they keep notes on each call

I recieved a free wireless controller for my fullfillment today. It looks like a brand new controller minus the retail packaging. It came in a small priority box and inside was the controller wrapped inside the green bag when you 1st buy a brand new system.

[quote name='popemogoth']I recieved a free wireless controller for my fullfillment today. It looks like a brand new controller minus the retail packaging. It came in a small priority box and inside was the controller wrapped inside the green bag when you 1st buy a brand new system.[/QUOTE]

Really? How many consoles have broken on you? I'm on number 5 and waiting to get a replacement. It'd be nice to get a controller.

Got the 3/4 Red Ring today. Oh well, at least Microsoft will fix it for free, so I'm not upset. Will they compensate me somehow, since I'm basically losing a month of Live because of this.

I bought a 360 a few months after launch with a replacement program (was required as part of a bundle) at GameCrazy that would last for a year. I went ahead and got a new one when it was almost up, so I've been running on that one since then. This will be my third 360, but the first time that I am going to have to go thru Microsoft to get it. I got my Zune replaced awhile back ago (I broke that myself, but they fixed it for free) and it was quick and painless.

[quote name='isaac']Really? How many consoles have broken on you? I'm on number 5 and waiting to get a replacement. It'd be nice to get a controller.[/quote]
It's was my 2nd time. I wasn't expecting a gift, I was quite surprised. Some one said they've recieved games and accessories and they were on their 5th system.

[quote name='sj41']Got the 3/4 Red Ring today. Oh well, at least Microsoft will fix it for free, so I'm not upset. Will they compensate me somehow, since I'm basically losing a month of Live because of this.

I bought a 360 a few months after launch with a replacement program (was required as part of a bundle) at GameCrazy that would last for a year. I went ahead and got a new one when it was almost up, so I've been running on that one since then. This will be my third 360, but the first time that I am going to have to go thru Microsoft to get it. I got my Zune replaced awhile back ago (I broke that myself, but they fixed it for free) and it was quick and painless.[/quote]
They will compensate your down time with a 30 Day Gold Card.

I just spent a total of 1:45 on the phone with XBL support getting my DLC re-registered to my refurb .
They said it could take a month due to all of my content .
They will call me when all is complete .

I suggest anyone who wants to play their arcade games offline do the same .

[quote name='Richlough']I just spent a total of 1:45 on the phone with XBL support getting my DLC re-registered to my refurb .
They said it could take a month due to all of my content .
They will call me when all is complete .

I suggest anyone who wants to play their arcade games offline do the same .[/quote]

Not worth almost 2 hours to do that.

I called support today to check the status of my Elite Transfer Kit (which I ordered 2 weeks ago), and they knew nothing about it. The first guy told me that they don't do that stuff over the phone, put me on hold, and then hung up. I called back, and this time I began to make progress. The woman on the phone was insisting that Elites came with the transfer cable (they don't...). I told her I have an Elite and gave her my serial number, and she was like ok and asked me to hold on. Then she came back and started asking whether I have an Elite. I had to tell her multiple times in the next several minutes that yes, I do have an Elite. Finally, it seems like things got worked out (FINALLY) and she said that I should get the cable in 8-10 business days. However, since I've been waiting for 2 weeks already, and didn't want to wait another 2 weeks, plus I wasn't sure that I would end up getting it because she seemed confused, I ended up buying a 120GB hard drive, using the cable, and then returning it. ARGH. :bomb:

[quote name='Danil ACE']Not worth almost 2 hours to do that.

[/QUOTE]

I was just sitting playing games with my headset plugged in the phone .

It's worth being able to play my >$100 worth of arcade games and song DLC offline if I take my 360 anywhere .

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back