Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait, I shouldn't exchange my 360 to Microcenter because recovering my gamertag will damage it when I get the other system? Will it affect my marketplace points or anything else?

[quote name='ITDEFX']So wait, I shouldn't exchange my 360 to Microcenter because recovering my gamertag will damage it when I get the other system? Will it affect my marketplace points or anything else?[/quote]

..why don't you just explain the situation and tell them you want to put your HD on the new system and the new HD on the system you're bringing back because you want to keep all your game saves and all? I let my customers do this all the time.

[quote name='Scorch']..why don't you just explain the situation and tell them you want to put your HD on the new system and the new HD on the system you're bringing back because you want to keep all your game saves and all? I let my customers do this all the time.[/QUOTE]

Well actually on Friday when we were doing the exchange with my cousin's Red Ringed 360, they said he had to give them the hard drive :(. So I don't think i will be able to keep the hard drive.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well actually on Friday when we were doing the exchange with my cousin's Red Ringed 360, they said he had to give them the hard drive :(. So I don't think i will be able to keep the hard drive.[/quote]

then I would ask what's the difference in this hard drive and that one? a drive's a drive regardless of the content

[quote name='Scorch']then I would ask what's the difference in this hard drive and that one? a drive's a drive regardless of the content[/QUOTE]

True, but I may be at the mercy of the store policy.

Such bullshit.

The system that I sent in Dec 1 and got back Dec 28 is now having issues again.

Yesterday it freezes up once. No big deal. I cut it off and cut it back on and it's fine the rest of the day.

Today, it freezes up. Cut it off, but this time when it comes back on the sound is breaking up. Great. It never gets to the dashboard. Turn it on/off a few times and it eventually red rings.

Now, I call Xbox support, and of course, they are basically useless. We troubleshoot everything and the guy has me take my hdd off (it finally booted). I put the drive back on, clear the cache and the system seems to be fine.

5 minutes after the call, I try another game. Again, this one freezes up. Again, I can't even get past the 360 logo screen. I get them on the phone again, and tell them the deal. They authorized a repair, even though it didn't have the RROD permanently.

Has anyone had any luck with sending a console in (the second time) that has issues like this? This is getting fucking stupid. Should they be able to repeat these issues?

[quote name='SpitFire158']What does the reference number that they gave me do?[/quote]

Prevents you from having to go through the same bullshit in the future when you call them up. I gave them a reference number and they were able to skip all of the "have you done this and this" questions.

How can you tell if MS repaired anything in the 360 when it was sent it?

I got back the same unit and it seems to work fine, but I'm wondering what they actually did to it? I mean, for all I know, they could have just did the towel trick to get it to work for a bit and then sent it back.

Well I have to say so far I'm impressed. Granted I haven't sent it in yet, but they FedEx overnighted me a box, and sent me a label to overnight the system to them...

My second system RRoD'd on me today. Went through the whole processing repair steps and asked about the free Undertow download I'd be missing out on. She suggested that i download it with another console with my harddrive and that there was nothing else she could do.

[quote name='gugaplex']My second system RRoD'd on me today. Went through the whole processing repair steps and asked about the free Undertow download I'd be missing out on. She suggested that i download it with another console with my harddrive and that there was nothing else she could do.[/quote]

Same thing I'm going to have to do. Fortunately my friend has an extra 360 he's going to let me borrow.

My system is acting quite fucked up right now. Cut it on and play a game. The game will lock up 3-5 minutes in. Restart the system and it won't cut on. Open the cd tray and immediately get the RROD.

Wait 30 seconds, cut it off, cut it back on and it hangs up. Do this all again and the system starts up fine. Go to play the same game as before and it immediately locks up again.

Cut it off for the third time, and back on, and the system now behaves like everything is fine and nothing has happened.

My 360 was delivered to Microsoft in Texas today. Anyone have an idea of how long before i will see my replacement?

[quote name='sol44']My 360 was delivered to Microsoft in Texas today. Anyone have an idea of how long before i will see my replacement?[/quote]

2-3 weeks minimum.

[quote name='sol44']My 360 was delivered to Microsoft in Texas today. Anyone have an idea of how long before i will see my replacement?[/QUOTE]

It took mine exaqctly 2 weeks from initial call for the coffin. Of course I live in Texas.

I sent back the system I got from Amazon in early december. Lot 738 CSON (zephyer) and got back a system made 4 days earlier same Lot 738 CSON. Although now a Falcon model (certain). However, I got a 203 watt ps and have since been told conflicting reports about its influence on the system over heating.
Anyone with more knowledge about this?

And big thanks to Suko_32 and Amazon errors to get this falcon for 70 dollars :) after selling the bundled games and such :).

I called MS about buying another warranty for my 360 as I'm on my 3rd system which I thought was covered. I found out that the warranty I bought in JAN. 2007 was cancelled on April 24th and it didn't cover the one had now so I had to talk to supervisor in which he informed me it should of transferred but didn't and told me they would call me back in 3-5 days after they fixed it. I also found out that since I bought a 1 year warranty before my only choice was to buy a 2 year warranty since I have already have purchased a 1 year extened warranty. Is this true? or is this bullshit?

Well my "repaired" console I got back in July just RRoD'd. Just got done filling out a repair order on xbox.com. Hopefully it won't take as long as it did back then, since my original xbox RRoD'd right after they extended the warrenty, so everyone and their brother were sending in any 360s they had sitting around.

[quote name='AK85']Well my "repaired" console I got back in July just RRoD'd. Just got done filling out a repair order on xbox.com. Hopefully it won't take as long as it did back then, since my original xbox RRoD'd right after they extended the warrenty, so everyone and their brother were sending in any 360s they had sitting around.[/quote]

Yeah, wtf is this? I just got a supposed "new console" in August and it breaks again! I really wish they would just make a "WORKING" product and not a POS that breaks all the time.

[quote name='seen']Yeah, wtf is this? I just got a supposed "new console" in August and it breaks again! I really wish they would just make a "WORKING" product and not a POS that breaks all the time.[/quote]

I hope I can get it running for a short time tomorrow to download Undertow

I just did a halo 360 repair, sent it in last week called the number and they said it was sent back today. I for one am very surprised glad that i will be able to get the free game now.

So for those of us who got a refurb with manf dates in 12-2007 (I myself have 12-15-2007), what exactly do we have? It is just a repaired console that has a new sticker on it?

I spoke to the FedEx guy when he delivered my 360 and he said that he delivers tons of 360..... he said one day his whole truck was filled with 360 repair coffins.

[quote name='caedeskhan']So for those of us who got a refurb with manf dates in 12-2007 (I myself have 12-15-2007), what exactly do we have? It is just a repaired console that has a new sticker on it?[/QUOTE]

That seems to be the case.

I've only played my replacement for a few hours so far, but I have to say it doesn't get that hot at all. The fan is still loud, but it's only slightly warm to the touch. I also measured the power use and it turned out to be less than 175W even though I have the older 203? W power supply. Do all 360s use less than 175W or did they replace mine with a falcon?

Ok quick question for everyone. My system is scheduled to arrive in TX tomorrow. I just check on my repair status on the Xbox website and it says I have no devices registered which is not right. Is this normal? I heard they just send out different consoles instead of repairing the one they sent in, could they be changing the serial number on the website? I just dunno if thats normal.

[quote name='scottman']That seems to be the case.

I've only played my replacement for a few hours so far, but I have to say it doesn't get that hot at all. The fan is still loud, but it's only slightly warm to the touch. I also measured the power use and it turned out to be less than 175W even though I have the older 203? W power supply. Do all 360s use less than 175W or did they replace mine with a falcon?[/QUOTE]

you have to get a flashlight and peep through the holes.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/824/824183p1.html

Thats a falcon motherboard, it has 2 copper rings on the right and a 1 piece heatsink. The older motherboards have 3 copper rings and a copper piece going right through the heatsink.

Son of a bitch.....

remember those posts I made about my 360 suddenly refusing to play halo 3 and locking up when trying to load any type of map a few months ago? Well I finally exchanged my 360 today. Popped in the old hard drive, fired up and guess what? SAME PROBLEM!!! I had the spare HD so I put that in and guess what? It works fine now. :wall:

It was the hard drive all this time. Seriously I can't believe it. Every other game would play fine even Ace Combat 6, but it would refuse the play halo 3 causing my machine to lock up. The drive for the exchange is a Samsung drive (same as the last one), so I hope that this one doesn't give me a DRE.

Here I was, just minding my own business playing my last Portal advance map when all of a sudden...blamo...RRoD. I took it back to Gamecrazy to exchange it for another used Pro, but after calling all the Gamecrazys in a 20 mile radius they ended up just giving me a brand new Pro bundle! Plus they refunded the warrenty I bought. So the RRoD actually helped me get 2 games and $40 back :D...is that a first?

So my serial number showed up on the website again and it was changed to device received at service center or something but now my serial number is gone again and it says I have no devices registered and now its been like that for over 24 hours. This cant be normal.

Bleh. My 360's deterioration is becoming exponential. The disc drive used to make some odd noises; now, it routinely makes horrific grinding noises, the disc will stop spinning, and I'll hear it start back up as if nothing happened. It's iven me several "disc unreadable" errors when the disc is flawless, and as soon as I got booted to the menu, I started the game back up and it worked fine. It's also got major overheating issues; my 360 feels warm/hot to the touch on the left side (if it's vertical), and that's after only a few minutes, in a well ventilated area, at the menu screen/watching a movie. No RRoD though.

I got it off Overstock, and since I have their Protection Plan, I'll be sending it in to them to get fixed... or something. I dunno, it won't cost me anything, and as long as it works better then when I sent it away, I'll be happy.

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Bleh. My 360's deterioration is becoming exponential. The disc drive used to make some odd noises; now, it routinely makes horrific grinding noises, the disc will stop spinning, and I'll hear it start back up as if nothing happened. It's iven me several "disc unreadable" errors when the disc is flawless, and as soon as I got booted to the menu, I started the game back up and it worked fine. It's also got major overheating issues; my 360 feels warm/hot to the touch on the left side (if it's vertical), and that's after only a few minutes, in a well ventilated area, at the menu screen/watching a movie. No RRoD though.

I got it off Overstock, and since I have their Protection Plan, I'll be sending it in to them to get fixed... or something. I dunno, it won't cost me anything, and as long as it works better then when I sent it away, I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen to me and it eventually resulted in a RRoD.

add me to the list. I get a loud beep and the game seizes up and the screen messes up with everything interlaced poorly. This sucks ran smoothly the whole time I had it and just out of the blue today got shitty

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Has my problem not happened to anyone else?[/quote]

I just checked mine, and it says I have no registered devices as well....

Xbox #3 has officially bit the dust. I called MS a few minutes after I got it and the coffin is on the way. Kinda disappointing since I just got Rock Band, but oh well, I still have a PS3 and Wii to play.

Quick question if i get a new(or more likely just different) machine, my DLC is tied to the hard drive not the machine right? Or will I have problems accessing my arcade games?

[quote name='jlarlee']Quick question if i get a new(or more likely just different) machine, my DLC is tied to the hard drive not the machine right? Or will I have problems accessing my arcade games?[/QUOTE]

no it is tied to the machine, so you'll have to be logged on to xbox live with the profile that purchased the game to play it.

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Excellent, at least im not alone. Thanks for looking.[/quote]

I just checked again, and mines back registered

[quote name='Milkyman']no it is tied to the machine, so you'll have to be logged on to xbox live with the profile that purchased the game to play it.[/QUOTE]

ah that blows. so if my internet ever goes out my arcade games will be off limits. Thanks for the answer

Motherfucker just tried to play a game and the POS keeps giving me unplayable disc errors again! It did this like a month or two ago but then started working the day I was gonna send it back. It worked fine a couple hours earlier toaa when I watched a DVD on it. Usually don't do that since i'm already on #3 and this thing is obviously to fragile to use besides in emergency gaming situations.

At least I have a Wii and PS3 but I stupidly keep supporting M$ and buying games on the 360. I should have learned my lesson already and go to the PS3 for everything besides online games. Sadly that's what I was trying to play I loves my online sports games...

WOW, talk about fast service...

They overnight me a box, with an overnight sticker to overnight the thing to them

They got my 360 this past Friday and then just now I got this email

Dear Mr Dubbs,
Xbox Customer Support Service Request ID #: xxxxxxx
Serial Number:

we are happy to share with you that your service request is completed and your Xbox console is now ready for return shipment. We will e-mail you again with the shipment tracking information when your Xbox console has been shipped.
You can also track the status of your order online by accessing http://service.xbox.com/servicesignin.aspx. You will need your Windows Live ID and Xbox console Serial Number included above to access the status of your order. Once you have logged in, click on "Review your repair status".

If you have questions, please go to www.xbox.com for the most up to date information.

Thank you for your business.
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Note: Please do not reply to this message, as it is not a monitored e-mail address.[/font]

2nd repair. looks like they sent me back the same console, but either replaced the drive or fixed it. my problem this time was games would not load unless I tried 10-15 times. Gears gave me the most trouble. i booted it up no problem 3 times in a row with the fixed xbox.

Bring on #4, i'm on hold right now. I sent my dead console in last time myself and paid the UPS charge just to knock a week off the process (3 days to me and 3 days back). Saved my coffin and asked again today about just sending it back myself and she was like sure but if you have the coffin we can just email you a prepaid shipping label. So save your coffins people!

EDIT: Just came back on the phone and gave me my confirmation number and said the prepaid label will be on the way via email but could take up to 24 hours to process.... Still beats thursday receiving the box....

[quote name='$hady']just tried to play a game and the POS keeps giving me unplayable disc errors again! It did this like a month or two ago but then started working the day I was gonna send it back. It worked fine a couple hours earlier toaa when I watched a DVD on it. Usually don't do that since i'm already on #3 and this thing is obviously to fragile to use besides in emergency gaming situations. [/QUOTE]

I having the same problem and I just finally got fed up with it this weekend. Some games I can't even get them to start up and other give me errors while I'm playing the game.

I am figuring I have a bad disc tray or laser lens. Called for service and the funeral services are scheduled for during the week. This will be my third service call.

The whole process was smooth and since I am still covered under warranty its at no cost to me.

I will be out of the 360 scene for a while now but I got my Wii and PS3 to hold me over.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I have yet to receive my second box. It's been 9 days now. Awesome.[/quote]

Me too....I have only been waiting 6 days, but I don't think it took this long last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back