Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']Well my Xbox has now been accepted at Mesquite and delivered. Hopefully they're fast. This has been quite a clusterfuck so far.[/quote]

JC, can i ask you how long it was (about) between seeing the "your package has been put on hold" message at UPS to when it was delivered/accepted whatever? And did your status update on the xbox site (changed to device received at service center)? Thanks.

So I get my 2nd replacement Xbox 360 back today and it works fine (although it sounds like a ShopVac when its running). Then I went online and checked my extended warranty status and they changd it from 12/8/2008 to 6/1/2008 when they swapped consoles. So I call them up and they tell me that I need to send them a letter with the proof of extened warranty in order for them to change my warranty expiration date back to the original 12/8/2008. What a complete joke.

So, my husband ever so attentively forgot to take the game we had in our 360 out before packing it up and giving it to me to ship. Meaning my copy of Burnout Paradise is on it's way to Texas. I could strangle him.

We're going to call tech support in hopes we can explain the situation and get the disc back, but I'm just curious if anyone's successfully gotten something back they sent in accidentally, or if I may as well start saving for a new copy because there's a snowball's chance in hell we'd get it back.

And though I doubt this will make a difference, the reason we sent it in was due to disc drive errors. Wouldn't read the discs, making horrible noises, etc.

Mine from launch finally went rrod. I have never had a system fail on me (I started back with NES). Approx how long has it taken you guys to go through this process once you got the coffin?

Ugh, what a pain. Called just now, was told that they received my first 360 (have two going to the service center) on the 5th and that it would take them a week to fix it and another week to send it back to me. They haven't started my repair. I am gonna be PISSED if I don't get my 360 back for Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Gotta play it on launch day (gonna play smash till then). Dammit, and the wait continues....

[quote name='jezebelseven']So, my husband ever so attentively forgot to take the game we had in our 360 out before packing it up and giving it to me to ship. Meaning my copy of Burnout Paradise is on it's way to Texas. I could strangle him.

We're going to call tech support in hopes we can explain the situation and get the disc back, but I'm just curious if anyone's successfully gotten something back they sent in accidentally, or if I may as well start saving for a new copy because there's a snowball's chance in hell we'd get it back.

And though I doubt this will make a difference, the reason we sent it in was due to disc drive errors. Wouldn't read the discs, making horrible noises, etc.[/quote]

Don't be surprised if they keep that system, and give you another one and someone else gets your 360 with a commentary copy of BP :bomb:

So I was playing Halo 3 awhile ago and suddenly the screen turned all cel-shaded like. After re-starting my 360 all went back to normal. Now today I was playing Turok and it happened again, however now there is no video or audio coming out from my TV. Looks like I need new cables? My 360 is still starting up fine, no RRoD (knock on wood).

[quote name='ITDEFX']Don't be surprised if they keep that system, and give you another one and someone else gets your 360 with a commentary copy of BP :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I fully expect that to happen, but we went ahead and called in-- they supposedly added notes to the repair so hopefully we'll get it back, but I won't believe it until I see it!

So for me, in North Carolina, it was 2 weeks and 2 days from when I called support to when FedEx first tried to deliver the replacement. On the downside, the gave me a system that is 1 day older (10/22) than mine was (10/23/2005) so hopefully it was repaired for the same problem and is not a ticking graphics time-bomb as well.

Hi, my name is misfit13b, and I got a RROD. (Ownership time before failing: two years, two months.)

So far, it's taken two weeks to get my console to Texas, I'm hoping the return trip will be faster.

Question: When I log in to the support website at Xbox.com, I'm told that "You have no registered devices." I know I registered it when I got it. Every time I call the 800 number, that automated moron tells me nothing new. What's the best way to get the most current status information?

[quote name='jezebelseven']I fully expect that to happen, but we went ahead and called in-- they supposedly added notes to the repair so hopefully we'll get it back, but I won't believe it until I see it![/QUOTE]

If I get my 360 back with your disc, I'll mail it to ya. ;)

[quote name='misfit13b']
Question: When I log in to the support website at Xbox.com, I'm told that "You have no registered devices." I know I registered it when I got it. Every time I call the 800 number, that automated moron tells me nothing new. What's the best way to get the most current status information?[/quote]

Same thing here. I know I registered when I got it, but I couldn't re-register until after the repair was completed. Once I did, all it gave me on the website was that there were no open repairs. Automated dude on the phone gave no information during the process other than the repair was started, and when I called back after I registered on the website it said it was shipped - no date, no tracking number, nothing. It seems to me you have to re-register with the support website before calling in and starting a new repair ticket. I'll try that next time it breaks ;).

This sucks. The one I just got today is manufactured on 8-16-2006. At least my last one was new(er). It was made in November and I got it at the end of November. I wanted to sell this one on anyway, so maybe it won't really affected its value.

Well just got off the phone with customer support and had a supervisor tell me that they truthfully lost my 360 at the repair center :applause: (explains why I still don't have one back after a month). He said that they should be sending one back to me sometime before Wednesday.

So far they haven't hit any dates that they have given me, so it looks like Late Wednesday or Thursday I will be calling back. :roll:

Hope to get my coffin tomorrow or Weds. The first one that broke was a kick in the nuts since it only lasted about 6 hours before the RROD struck. This one may be even worse though since Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is less than two weeks out...

[quote name='jkircos']I just got the RRoD on my launch system. Do you guys call the number up or just send the request through email?[/quote]

For both of my systems (one was a launch console, the other is the Halo 3 xbox 360) I did it thru their online site (IIRC service.xbox.com). It might be quicker if you call though, haven't tried it because I HATE calling Microsoft with a passion. A couple days ago I wanted to cancel a credit card from my account (in which I had to call them for) and they wanted my gamertag. I tried to say "X as in x-ray" and she kept thinking it was an "S." I finally said something like "it's X as in X Y and Z" She still couldn't figure my gamertag out and I said something like "Have you ever had the travel mix called 'Chex Mix'?" She replied that she has heard of it and then I finally said that it was spelled EXACTLY like that. Ugh, Microsoft. Haha, what a funny bunch of people they have.

[quote name='chex20']For both of my systems (one was a launch console, the other is the Halo 3 xbox 360) I did it thru their online site (IIRC service.xbox.com). It might be quicker if you call though, haven't tried it because I HATE calling Microsoft with a passion. A couple days ago I wanted to cancel a credit card from my account (in which I had to call them for) and they wanted my gamertag. I tried to say "X as in x-ray" and she kept thinking it was an "S." I finally said something like "it's X as in X Y and Z" She still couldn't figure my gamertag out and I said something like "Have you ever had the travel mix called 'Chex Mix'?" She replied that she has heard of it and then I finally said that it was spelled EXACTLY like that. Ugh, Microsoft. Haha, what a funny bunch of people they have.[/QUOTE]

I did it through the website too, never spoke to a single dude in india.

[quote name='chex20']For both of my systems (one was a launch console, the other is the Halo 3 xbox 360) I did it thru their online site (IIRC service.xbox.com). It might be quicker if you call though, haven't tried it because I HATE calling Microsoft with a passion. A couple days ago I wanted to cancel a credit card from my account (in which I had to call them for) and they wanted my gamertag. I tried to say "X as in x-ray" and she kept thinking it was an "S." I finally said something like "it's X as in X Y and Z" She still couldn't figure my gamertag out and I said something like "Have you ever had the travel mix called 'Chex Mix'?" She replied that she has heard of it and then I finally said that it was spelled EXACTLY like that. Ugh, Microsoft. Haha, what a funny bunch of people they have.[/QUOTE]

Do they just send out the coffin? Or do I get an email first?

[quote name='jkircos']Do they just send out the coffin? Or do I get an email first?[/quote]

If your lucky you will get a email ;) First one (my main Halo 3 xbox) I didn't receive ANYTHING by email/letter/phone. Nada! When I called the other day the guy asked me for a number that I was suppose to get from a email but I simply told the guy I didn't receive an email and had to give him my serial number. As for my other system that I'm in the process of receiving the box (haven't actually got the box yet though) and so far received 3 emails. One said that it's in the process of notifying the repair center to send a box out to me. One was to say that my box has shipped and the final email I got so far is saying how I should go about preparing my xbox to ship it out to them.

Looks like I'm finally joining the club as well as my elite just RRoD and served me well since August. It seems a 7-8 month lifespan is average for these damn 360s.

I just wanted to make sure that I do have the RRoD though, as my 360 doesn't even turn on anymore and just displays the three rings despite me playing some Culdcept Saga just two days ago with no symptoms whatsoever. I read that some of you guys had their 360's die mid game but mine came from out of the blue. I just want to get your opinions before I use my BestBuy PRP and hope I get no shenanigans from them.

Can somebody help me? I have a 360 with one red light in the bottom red corner. I also get an error message thats in multiple languages.

I went to xbox.com support and found out from there that one light should be easy to fix. I did everything they said, but nothing worked. 2 days ago, I tried the towel trick. I got the light again, but after a few reboots, my 360 began to work. Then, yesterday, I turned on my 360 and played Bully for 5 minutes. Then, I got weird green lines all over my screen, so I went back to the dashboard and rebooted my 360. Then, I got the one light again. Yesterday night, I tried the towel trick again, but it didn't work. Now, I'm stuck with one red light. Does the 3 year warranty cover this?

[quote name='dim2192']Can somebody help me? I have a 360 with one red light in the bottom red corner. I also get an error message thats in multiple languages.

I went to xbox.com support and found out from there that one light should be easy to fix. I did everything they said, but nothing worked. 2 days ago, I tried the towel trick. I got the light again, but after a few reboots, my 360 began to work. Then, yesterday, I turned on my 360 and played Bully for 5 minutes. Then, I got weird green lines all over my screen, so I went back to the dashboard and rebooted my 360. Then, I got the one light again. Yesterday night, I tried the towel trick again, but it didn't work. Now, I'm stuck with one red light. Does the 3 year warranty cover this?[/quote]

What error code do you get (that is, if you get an error code)? I had that on one of my many 360s and IIRC its a hardware failure.

Crap...my second RROD in 4 months. I play maybe 2 hours a week on the damn thing. I'm pissed.

Any idea on how much Gamestop gives you on trade? I would bring in the refurbed one MS sends me obviously.

I hate to say it but I think it's time to switch to PS3.

RC

[quote name='rscaramelo']Crap...my second RROD in 4 months. I play maybe 2 hours a week on the damn thing. I'm pissed.

Any idea on how much Gamestop gives you on trade? I would bring in the refurbed one MS sends me obviously.

I hate to say it but I think it's time to switch to PS3.

RC[/quote]

Depends on if you have all original packaging, number of controllers, any games that you trade in (if any), hard drive (and what size). If it was to be a normal premium (refurbished o'course) then I would guestimate $125-150. I would give them a call tho to make sure. Probably though, much less seeing as a refurbished 360 on their site without hard drive goes for $200.

I hesitate to post here again in fear that it'll actually bring on the end of the 3rd 360 MS has sent me (I've had four total thus far). My friend was playing Burnout for a few hours tonight and when he left and I went to drive around for a bit, I got a small graphical glitch at the top. Here's to hoping that it was only a passing moment.

[quote name='chex20']What error code do you get (that is, if you get an error code)? I had that on one of my many 360s and IIRC its a hardware failure.[/quote]
E74 is the error code, I still have one red light. Can anyone help?

bought my 360 from a friend, got red ring of death (but i payed him 250$ for the 120gig hard drive along wit 2 games and 2 controllers so i cant complain) and i started to die on the inside. I got the red ring at the worst time, the day before spring break. i feel gipped right now....

Argh..... this is the 4th time my system has randomly LOCKED UP during halo 3 this week. I was making a neat map edit in the forge when all of a sudden bam, a lock up. Does my magic 8 ball predict a Red Ring in my future?!??!

This would be my 3rd refurb from microcenter. I could take it back for another one, but with the quick turn around from MS, I could just order my coffin and hope they fix it.

ok, it happened AGAIN in the forge. Another lock up :whistle2:( I take it either my 360 is about to RRoD on me or that the forge part of Halo 3 is buggy.

Well it finally happened..........

at 12:25 AM EST March 18, 2008.....my 3rd 360 died.

This is the 3rd time HALO 3 has fucked up my 360.

The first one Red Ringed on Halo 3.
The second one had a part of the hard drive corrupted by halo 3 (making it unplayable).
The third.........death by halo 3.

I am tired of this shit. 3 360's in 6 months.

Oh well I got Brawl to keep me going.

It's just sitting there right now with no hard drive and nothing plugged in, it's so sad. :whistle2:(

And I was gonna put the wacky Viva Pinata faceplate back on, now I can't.

my Xbox has been sitting at the repair center for 12 days without a word from them. Does it usually take this long? After the WEEK long shipping debacle I'm going on 3 weeks that this crap has been going on.

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']my Xbox has been sitting at the repair center for 12 days without a word from them. Does it usually take this long? After the WEEK long shipping debacle I'm going on 3 weeks that this crap has been going on.[/quote]

You might want to call them and bitch...you might get a free headset, controller or a game(but don't expect a new release title though).

[quote name='ITDEFX']You might want to call them and bitch...you might get a free headset, controller or a game(but don't expect a new release title though).[/quote]

They won't give you anything. Their policy is that they hold xbox 360s for up to 15 days when it first arrives at their repair center. Wait 3 more days and if you don't hear anything, call them then. Mine took 10 days and it sat at the repair center for a full day before it was sent out. Mine finished Saturday (this past Saturday) and didn't ship out till yesterday because UPS doesn't work on Sundays. Should have it sometime this week tho.

Funny thing is, mine had no problems what so ever. I sent it back because I wanted a new falcon motherboard and heatsink (mine was pretty loud). I called them and they said that since they couldn't fix it, they are sending me a brand new Halo 3 xbox 360 with a new serial number. :lol:

[quote name='chex20']They won't give you anything. Their policy is that they hold xbox 360s for up to 15 days when it first arrives at their repair center. Wait 3 more days and if you don't hear anything, call them then. Mine took 10 days and it sat at the repair center for a full day before it was sent out. Mine finished Saturday (this past Saturday) and didn't ship out till yesterday because UPS doesn't work on Sundays. Should have it sometime this week tho.

Funny thing is, mine had no problems what so ever. I sent it back because I wanted a new falcon motherboard and heatsink (mine was pretty loud). I called them and they said that since they couldn't fix it, they are sending me a brand new Halo 3 xbox 360 with a new serial number. :lol:[/quote]

Wait, so nothing is wrong with your 360 and you sent it back and in return they are giving you a new 360 halo 3 edition?!?!?

[quote name='braindeadalive']I've got my reference # and now I wait for the coffin, sad sad stuff.[/quote]

You should have asked them for the label over email instead, mine arrived 12 hours after I requested it :)... so it's going out tomorrow.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Wait, so nothing is wrong with your 360 and you sent it back and in return they are giving you a new 360 halo 3 edition?!?!?

Well, originally I had a halo 3 edition xbox 360 so they are just replacing mine. The only real problem was the fan noise. I bought a H3 Edition Xbox 360 because I thought that I would receive the falcon/benq but didn't and so I wanted one and sent it in. Hopefully I get a falcon/benq (anything but a Hitachi-LG :bomb: ). The customer service rep confirmed that it was a H3 Edition Xbox 360 when I called a couple of days ago. Gonna try calling again and see what's up because everytime I check UPS it still says "Electronic Shipping Information Received" and it's been like that since Saturday (Sunday UPS doesn't work but should of had some kind of change on Monday).

[quote name='chex20'][quote name='ITDEFX']Wait, so nothing is wrong with your 360 and you sent it back and in return they are giving you a new 360 halo 3 edition?!?!?

Well, originally I had a halo 3 edition xbox 360 so they are just replacing mine. The only real problem was the fan noise. I bought a H3 Edition Xbox 360 because I thought that I would receive the falcon/benq but didn't and so I wanted one and sent it in. Hopefully I get a falcon/benq (anything but a Hitachi-LG :bomb: ). The customer service rep confirmed that it was a H3 Edition Xbox 360 when I called a couple of days ago. Gonna try calling again and see what's up because everytime I check UPS it still says "Electronic Shipping Information Received" and it's been like that since Saturday (Sunday UPS doesn't work but should of had some kind of change on Monday).[/quote]

oh ok...

Haha, geez, I just got off the phone with customer support. I talked to some guy who barely could understand me and I politely asked him whats the deal with UPS and my xbox 360 not being shipped. I told him it has stayed at "Electronic Shipping Information Received" since Saturday. He said that his computer said it was shipped. Just now, about 30 mins later, UPS site finally updates and says it was picked up and scanned. What aholes

"Scheduled Delivery: 03/24/2008" fuckers

Alas comrades the inevitable has happened. On March 18, 2008 my Xbox 360 has seen the Reaper that is the RRoD. By the grace of God himself the warranty still has 3 weeks on it. The fact that I JUST purchased my copy of Call of Duty 4 is like a kick in the balls with pointed steel toe boots. Shootin' n00bs online or even punchin' some bears and wolves in Oblivion will have to cease for Lord knows how long. Amen.

I've been fighting it for over a month...original RROD, got it working again, E74, Video going all white (except for the radar...now that's a fun way to play....NOT) during halo live matches, more E74, and finally another RROD.

I had already received my coffin after my original support call the first of February. I had to call and set up a new incident number because it expires after 30 days. They emailed me the new UPS label, I printed it, pasted it and took it to UPS on Monday....

Today, when I realized I didn't have to step over the now non-existent network cable when walking down the hall and into my bedroom (where the router is)...a small tear rolled down my cheek.

Ok I am currently packing my 360 and taking it to the nearest UPS store. Other than packing the 360 right..do I need to include anything else or will they take it, open the package up, scan the serial number and fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back