Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPS says mine will be here on the 4th which is great except for the fact they still haven't transferred my purchased warranty to the new serial #.

An hour wasted once, probally many more infuriating phone calls to fix that one.

ups delivered mine on 4/1, the status changed to device received this morning 4/2. Two hours later I checked it and it now say's "Device shipped to customer". Got a new tracking number and ups has received billing info, so it should be shipping back to me today. This seems really quick to me, I also would presume that I am not getting back my machine but rather a refurb.

Not going to be to happy if I get a refurb, even if the red issue is fixed who knows how much wear and tear the dvd drive has on it. I still like the 360 but i'm starting to loathe microsoft.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']It's stupid that they don't extend your Warrenty like Nintendo.[/quote]

This is M$ your talking about.:roll:

Damnit, my original 360 just got the rings. Gotta call Microsoft tomorrow morning. This is the third time this has happened.

Just a question, I got the repaired system back on 9/30/07 and checking Xbox's website, it says the warranty expiration was on 2/16/08. Will they still repair the system for free?

Our 360 started freezing on startup a couple of weeks ago - I believe it first happened on March 15. The 360 was purchased (w/ an extended warranty) in August or September of 2006, so I'm honestly surprised that it lasted this long. The bf called MS on 3/17, got the coffin on 3/20, sent off on 3/21, and we should be receiving our fixed/new/refurb (not sure which one) today.

[quote name='alison']Our 360 started freezing on startup a couple of weeks ago - I believe it first happened on March 15. The 360 was purchased (w/ an extended warranty) in August or September of 2006, so I'm honestly surprised that it lasted this long. The bf called MS on 3/17, got the coffin on 3/20, sent off on 3/21, and we should be receiving our fixed/new/refurb (not sure which one) today.[/quote]

STILL NO BOX FOR ME!
I hate microsoft. I feel like I choose the wrong system :/

[quote name='alison']Our 360 started freezing on startup a couple of weeks ago - I believe it first happened on March 15. The 360 was purchased (w/ an extended warranty) in August or September of 2006, so I'm honestly surprised that it lasted this long. The bf called MS on 3/17, got the coffin on 3/20, sent off on 3/21, and we should be receiving our fixed/new/refurb (not sure which one) today.[/quote]

Hmm, mine was sent in the same day, and they still haven't even started to ship mine back yet, I guess I better give them a call.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']STILL NO BOX FOR ME!
I hate microsoft. I feel like I choose the wrong system :/[/quote]

The original Xbox was a POS in terms of hardware as well.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Hmm, mine was sent in the same day, and they still haven't even started to ship mine back yet, I guess I better give them a call.[/quote]

Definitely give them a call - we would have honestly had NO idea that it was coming back today if my bf didn't call MS to check the status. UPS will also give you a call the day before it's scheduled to be delivered with an automated message telling you that you have to sign for the shipment when it's delivered.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I never, EVER, had a problem with the first Xbox.[/quote]

You got lucky then. My first Xbox was a POS and the supposed "fixed" one Microsoft sent back to me had controller port problems. Still, even with its problems, I'm still enjoying the 360 a helluva lot more than my Wii.

[quote name='ITDEFX']update: my 360 is still at the service center...bah that means they are fixing it vs sending me a new one.[/quote]
I don't know how long yours has been there, but mine was there for about two weeks before they sent me a new one.

[quote name='Rozz']You got lucky then. My first Xbox was a POS and the supposed "fixed" one Microsoft sent back to me had controller port problems. Still, even with its problems, I'm still enjoying the 360 a helluva lot more than my Wii.[/quote]

I'm enjoying my Wii more then my Xbox :/
Especially, since I'm finding out that a bunch of people never get a box. I guess I'll just go look for one.

BTW - Do you guys buy the extended Warranty? I think it's around 30 for a year extra, right?

Forgot to say. But it came back 3/31. Died 3/2, towel trick'd till 3/16. Sent in 3/17. Came back 3/31, fixed. So yay.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']BTW - Do you guys buy the extended Warranty? I think it's around 30 for a year extra, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's $30 a year.

[quote name='Rozz']The original Xbox was a POS in terms of hardware as well.[/quote]

The original xbox was fine with me.

It's the right system, but has several design flaws and they should have spent a year or two to fix them before it was released. but no M$ wanted to beat the PS3 to the market.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']What can I do? They said both people didn't put the "order" for the box.
The Supervisor sounded more ignorant then the person before.[/quote]
Try to put a repair order in via service.xbox.com.

Well, my launch unit finally kicked the bucket and stares at me with those damn red lights. After 30 minutes on the phone with MS, I got a repair order started and must wait about three weeks to get it back fixed. Guess I'll play my other game systems, but I will miss my 360 games I was playing. And the wait starts...............

[quote name='braindeadalive']Try to put a repair order in via service.xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

Wish I would have known that. Might have saved me a lot of time giving my info over the phone.

What the fuck? I just got an e-mail from Microsoft.

Dear ,
Xbox Customer Support ID#:

Serial Number:

This e-mail is to let you know that we have received your request for service. However as of today, we have not received your Xbox console and would like to verify that you wish to continue with the service.

If you have not received the shipping materials or are having a problem with the shipment, please contact Xbox Customer Support. If your Xbox console no longer requires service, you can cancel your order by accessing http://service.xbox.com/servicesignin.aspx. You will need your Windows Live ID and Xbox console Serial Number included above to access the status of your order. Once you have logged in, click on “Review your repair status”. Or, please let us know and we will cancel the order for you. If we do not receive the Xbox console within 30 calendar days from the date you first requested service, your order will be automatically cancelled. If you wait longer than 30 days, this service request will no longer be valid and a new service request will be required.

If you have questions about this service, please contact Xbox Customer Support by calling:
Within the U.S.: 1-800-4MY-XBOX
International (direct dial to U.S.): 425-635-7180
Hearing Impaired (TDD device): 1-866-740-9269 or 425-635-7102

The thing is they already replaced my 360 and UPS says it's already in Florida and will be delivered at my house tomorrow?

And they still haven't transferred my extended warranty to the replacement 360.

[quote name='alison']Definitely give them a call - we would have honestly had NO idea that it was coming back today if my bf didn't call MS to check the status. UPS will also give you a call the day before it's scheduled to be delivered with an automated message telling you that you have to sign for the shipment when it's delivered.[/quote]

I actually just went through my brother's e-mail (his e-mail is registered for my GamerTag, and mine for his.. long story, haha), and I found the support number.

I just checked it on Xbox.com, and it seems like it shipped back out on 3/30/08, and should be here on Monday. Kinda long shipping, but oh well, atleast it's done and on it's way back, now I'm as giddy as a school girl, awaiting the return of my 360. :p

[quote name='asrabbit91']Did I get a brand new system back, the new Manufactor date says 3-17 2008[/quote]

Yes, they must have just replaced your system completely. There should be a note somewhere in the packaging, saying they were unable to repair your console, and that they sent you a new one.

update: mine system is in route and is supposed to be delivered on 4/9.
The people that are getting back systems with current build dates is there a way of checking to see if they are in fact "new" systems, maybe by checking the drives?

Ive been waiting for a box for 2 weeks now almost 3. Im sending it in for the 4th time. Heh hopefuly it will be my last, but you never know. It red-ringed on me at the last part of Oblivion.
(Last save was before i entered the last gate.) So I'm angry, but im still addicted to the 360.

Our 360 started freezing on startup a couple of weeks ago - I believe it first happened on March 15. The 360 was purchased (w/ an extended warranty) in August or September of 2006, so I'm honestly surprised that it lasted this long. The bf called MS on 3/17, got the coffin on 3/20, sent off on 3/21, and we should be receiving our fixed/new/refurb (not sure which one) today.

STILL NO BOX FOR ME!
I hate microsoft. I feel like I choose the wrong system :/

Hmm, mine was sent in the same day, and they still haven't even started to ship mine back yet, I guess I better give them a call.

The original Xbox was a POS in terms of hardware as well.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Hmm, mine was sent in the same day, and they still haven't even started to ship mine back yet, I guess I better give them a call.[/quote]

Definitely give them a call - we would have honestly had NO idea that it was coming back today if my bf didn't call MS to check the status. UPS will also give you a call the day before it's scheduled to be delivered with an automated message telling you that you have to sign for the shipment when it's delivered.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I never, EVER, had a problem with the first Xbox.[/quote]

You got lucky then. My first Xbox was a POS and the supposed "fixed" one Microsoft sent back to me had controller port problems. Still, even with its problems, I'm still enjoying the 360 a helluva lot more than my Wii.

[quote name='ITDEFX']update: my 360 is still at the service center...bah that means they are fixing it vs sending me a new one.[/quote]
I don't know how long yours has been there, but mine was there for about two weeks before they sent me a new one.

[quote name='Rozz']You got lucky then. My first Xbox was a POS and the supposed "fixed" one Microsoft sent back to me had controller port problems. Still, even with its problems, I'm still enjoying the 360 a helluva lot more than my Wii.[/quote]

I'm enjoying my Wii more then my Xbox :/
Especially, since I'm finding out that a bunch of people never get a box. I guess I'll just go look for one.

BTW - Do you guys buy the extended Warranty? I think it's around 30 for a year extra, right?

Forgot to say. But it came back 3/31. Died 3/2, towel trick'd till 3/16. Sent in 3/17. Came back 3/31, fixed. So yay.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']BTW - Do you guys buy the extended Warranty? I think it's around 30 for a year extra, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's $30 a year.

[quote name='Rozz']The original Xbox was a POS in terms of hardware as well.[/quote]

The original xbox was fine with me.

It's the right system, but has several design flaws and they should have spent a year or two to fix them before it was released. but no M$ wanted to beat the PS3 to the market.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']What can I do? They said both people didn't put the "order" for the box.
The Supervisor sounded more ignorant then the person before.[/quote]
Try to put a repair order in via service.xbox.com.

Well, my launch unit finally kicked the bucket and stares at me with those damn red lights. After 30 minutes on the phone with MS, I got a repair order started and must wait about three weeks to get it back fixed. Guess I'll play my other game systems, but I will miss my 360 games I was playing. And the wait starts...............

[quote name='braindeadalive']Try to put a repair order in via service.xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

Wish I would have known that. Might have saved me a lot of time giving my info over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back