Official Coffin Support Group - Is your 360 Dead? Post Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the fuck? I just got an e-mail from Microsoft.

Dear ,
Xbox Customer Support ID#:

Serial Number:

This e-mail is to let you know that we have received your request for service. However as of today, we have not received your Xbox console and would like to verify that you wish to continue with the service.

If you have not received the shipping materials or are having a problem with the shipment, please contact Xbox Customer Support. If your Xbox console no longer requires service, you can cancel your order by accessing http://service.xbox.com/servicesignin.aspx. You will need your Windows Live ID and Xbox console Serial Number included above to access the status of your order. Once you have logged in, click on “Review your repair status”. Or, please let us know and we will cancel the order for you. If we do not receive the Xbox console within 30 calendar days from the date you first requested service, your order will be automatically cancelled. If you wait longer than 30 days, this service request will no longer be valid and a new service request will be required.

If you have questions about this service, please contact Xbox Customer Support by calling:
Within the U.S.: 1-800-4MY-XBOX
International (direct dial to U.S.): 425-635-7180
Hearing Impaired (TDD device): 1-866-740-9269 or 425-635-7102

The thing is they already replaced my 360 and UPS says it's already in Florida and will be delivered at my house tomorrow?

And they still haven't transferred my extended warranty to the replacement 360.

[quote name='alison']Definitely give them a call - we would have honestly had NO idea that it was coming back today if my bf didn't call MS to check the status. UPS will also give you a call the day before it's scheduled to be delivered with an automated message telling you that you have to sign for the shipment when it's delivered.[/quote]

I actually just went through my brother's e-mail (his e-mail is registered for my GamerTag, and mine for his.. long story, haha), and I found the support number.

I just checked it on Xbox.com, and it seems like it shipped back out on 3/30/08, and should be here on Monday. Kinda long shipping, but oh well, atleast it's done and on it's way back, now I'm as giddy as a school girl, awaiting the return of my 360. :p

[quote name='asrabbit91']Did I get a brand new system back, the new Manufactor date says 3-17 2008[/quote]

Yes, they must have just replaced your system completely. There should be a note somewhere in the packaging, saying they were unable to repair your console, and that they sent you a new one.

update: mine system is in route and is supposed to be delivered on 4/9.
The people that are getting back systems with current build dates is there a way of checking to see if they are in fact "new" systems, maybe by checking the drives?

Ive been waiting for a box for 2 weeks now almost 3. Im sending it in for the 4th time. Heh hopefuly it will be my last, but you never know. It red-ringed on me at the last part of Oblivion.
(Last save was before i entered the last gate.) So I'm angry, but im still addicted to the 360.

Well, hello group. My name is Ryan, and I have a ring'd console.

A quick question. I never bought any extra faceplates, but should I take off my generic white one anyway?

[quote name='rywateska']Well, hello group. My name is Ryan, and I have a ring'd console.

A quick question. I never bought any extra faceplates, but should I take off my generic white one anyway?[/QUOTE]

I would. Maybe you will get another original faceplate and you can customize the one you have now. I dont know if they send you a regular one.

[quote name='addicted2games']I would. Maybe you will get another original faceplate and you can customize the one you have now. I dont know if they send you a regular one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, I'll probably go ahead and do that.

One more question though... How long does it take for the Xbox.com Service website to recognize your service number and zip code? As of right now it will not let me log in, granted that I've only submitted the problem via 18004MYXBOX less than an hour ago.

[quote name='rywateska']Thanks for the tip, I'll probably go ahead and do that.

One more question though... How long does it take for the Xbox.com Service website to recognize your service number and zip code? As of right now it will not let me log in, granted that I've only submitted the problem via 18004MYXBOX less than an hour ago.[/quote]
Give it at least a day.

Well, hello group. My name is Ryan, and I have a ring'd console.

A quick question. I never bought any extra faceplates, but should I take off my generic white one anyway?

[quote name='rywateska']Well, hello group. My name is Ryan, and I have a ring'd console.

A quick question. I never bought any extra faceplates, but should I take off my generic white one anyway?[/QUOTE]

I would. Maybe you will get another original faceplate and you can customize the one you have now. I dont know if they send you a regular one.

[quote name='addicted2games']I would. Maybe you will get another original faceplate and you can customize the one you have now. I dont know if they send you a regular one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, I'll probably go ahead and do that.

One more question though... How long does it take for the Xbox.com Service website to recognize your service number and zip code? As of right now it will not let me log in, granted that I've only submitted the problem via 18004MYXBOX less than an hour ago.

[quote name='rywateska']Thanks for the tip, I'll probably go ahead and do that.

One more question though... How long does it take for the Xbox.com Service website to recognize your service number and zip code? As of right now it will not let me log in, granted that I've only submitted the problem via 18004MYXBOX less than an hour ago.[/quote]
Give it at least a day.

My replacement came, ugh it's from 2006. It works but the back looks like it was opened with a screwdriver, the drive opens slowly. So far i've played a hour or two of Earth Defense Force, but I gotta say i'm really disapointed.

And of course they still haven't transferred the extended warranty to the replacement console.

Why do some people get 2008's while others get banged up 2006's with shitty DVD drives?

[quote name='braindeadalive']My replacement came, ugh it's from 2006. It works but the back looks like it was opened with a screwdriver, the drive opens slowly. So far i've played a hour or two of Earth Defense Force, but I gotta say i'm really disapointed.

And of course they still haven't transferred the extended warranty to the replacement console.

Why do some people get 2008's while others get banged up 2006's with shitty DVD drives?[/QUOTE]

do you think it's worth sending it back and saying that there is something wrong with it? you don't want to be stuck with a machine that is obviously used. A refurb is bad enough but it shouldn't look like you bought it at a pawn shop.

Has anyone had a non-Elite 360 w/ HDMI fail? I'm assuming they have to replace your unit with another HDMI-capable one which would prevent the whole pre-historic replacement issue.

[quote name='StonedJedi']do you think it's worth sending it back and saying that there is something wrong with it? you don't want to be stuck with a machine that is obviously used. A refurb is bad enough but it shouldn't look like you bought it at a pawn shop.[/quote]
This one will definatelly be going back to Microsoft.

And when I just called about the warranty the guy tells me i'm responsible for transfering the extended warranty to the replacement console and that i've got to send proof, write a letter, etc. etc.

[quote name='braindeadalive']This one will definatelly be going back to Microsoft.

And when I just called about the warranty the guy tells me i'm responsible for transfering the extended warranty to the replacement console and that i've got to send proof, write a letter, etc. etc.[/quote]
Oh and the letter inside of the box says they take care of transferring the warranty for you, NO THEY DO NOT. So frustrated, Earth Defense Force is fun though.

[quote name='braindeadalive']My replacement came, ugh it's from 2006. It works but the back looks like it was opened with a screwdriver, the drive opens slowly. So far i've played a hour or two of Earth Defense Force, but I gotta say i'm really disapointed.

Why do some people get 2008's while others get banged up 2006's with shitty DVD drives?[/quote]

LOL braindeadalive, you got my 360!!! :rofl:

so.... I am going to end up with your 360!!!:bomb:

if the status of the system is not updated by Monday, i am calling.

[quote name='ITDEFX']LOL braindeadalive, you got my 360!!! :rofl:

so.... I am going to end up with your 360!!!:bomb:

if the status of the system is not updated by Monday, i am calling.[/quote]

Lol i'm so fed up, I think i'll just keep it since it's working but i'm not going to take care of it like I did the other. Why bother, it'll break anyways ya know?

[quote name='braindeadalive']Lol i'm so fed up, I think i'll just keep it since it's working but i'm not going to take care of it like I did the other. Why bother, it'll break anyways ya know?[/quote]

The system is not what I am worried about, its the hard drive getting corrupt or dying that I am worried about. Imagine spending dozen of hours on save games then to have your hard drive CRASH or CORRUPT your saved games with no warning what so ever. :bomb:

[quote name='ITDEFX']The system is not what I am worried about, its the hard drive getting corrupt or dying that I am worried about. Imagine spending dozen of hours on save games then to have your hard drive CRASH or CORRUPT your saved games with no warning what so ever. :bomb:[/quote]
Are saves able to be backed up on the memory card without screwing up achievement points or anything? I wouldn't ever want to lose the million hours in Oblivion or all the unlocked characters & costumers in Marvel UA.

[quote name='braindeadalive']Are saves able to be backed up on the memory card without screwing up achievement points or anything? I wouldn't ever want to lose the million hours in Oblivion or all the unlocked characters & costumers in Marvel UA.[/quote]

I saw this backup device at gamestop a few weeks ago that uses your PC to *dump* the files so you can save space. I think it was 30 bucks.

Well after having my replacement for 24 hours it's officially broken.

I go to power on, it does the Xbox logo screen then goes right to a black screen with a bunch of writing and code E64 in big letters. Oh and 1 flashing red light.

Fantastic.

[quote name='braindeadalive']Well after having my replacement for 24 hours it's officially broken.

I go to power on, it does the Xbox logo screen then goes right to a black screen with a bunch of writing and code E64 in big letters. Oh and 1 flashing red light.

Fantastic.[/quote]
Called, now to wait for coffin #2.

What's weird is he told me to include the power supply and the box will be from Fed-Ex instead of UPS.

Just a query if you bought the 360 from Best Buy but did not buy their protection plan, would they replace your defective XBox with a new one free of charge? My Best Buy manager friend says yes.

If you have tried I'd like to hear your experiences. Thanks.

[quote name='braindeadalive']Well after having my replacement for 24 hours it's officially broken.

Fantastic.[/quote]

OH fuck!

What game where you playing last? Halo 3? I think this time around I am going to chill out with Halo 3 because it was Halo 3 that killed my last 3 boxes.

I expect mine to kick the bucket within a week of getting here.

I think the E64 error is a bad firmware... in other words the repair center fucked up.

Send it off again but this time pay for shipping to get their in 2 or 3 days instead of a week. Once it's at the center, call them and bitch that this is one died within 24 hours of arrival. Ask for a NEW system with a benQ drive. Press the issue. Call around 10pm EST to get an American.

[quote name='braindeadalive']Called, now to wait for coffin #2.

What's weird is he told me to include the power supply and the box will be from Fed-Ex instead of UPS.[/quote]

I called today about mine too and I got told the same thing. And he didnt say anything about taking the faceplate off either.

My guess is that the reason why they are asking for the power supply as well is because maybe there is an issue between the new chips and the old power supply and that is the reason why the replacement units are breaking down as well.

sweeeeeet. my xbox JUST died.

manuf date 6/2/2007 xbox elite

I might do the towel trick and keep it alive as long as possible. I do have the bestbuy warranty so no worries about coffins here...yet.

[quote name='_Sin_']sweeeeeet. my xbox JUST died.

manuf date 6/2/2007 xbox elite

[/quote]Few questions:
1) What was the last game you played?
2) Did you have any warning signs like graphical glitches before it died?
3) Do you have it plugged into a surge protector or directly into a wall outlet?

Just curious. Thanks.

cod 4, had just done the update. No usual glitches other than the few you get when its loading the update. Loaded up the multiplayer, hopped in the first game, played 2 seconds, froze. RROD since then. Been plugged into a surge protector since day 1 (around august some time)

[quote name='ITDEFX']what killed it?[/QUOTE]

Good question.

1) I live in Seattle, which never really gets higher than 80 in the summer, remains around 35-50 in winter, so it's definitely an area milder than most.

2) My 360 was in a space with TONS of breathing room; it wasn't in a closed center or anything.

3) It got little use, esp. compared to some of the people on this board.

*shrug*

My controller won't sync up with my controller (common issue, I tried my brother's controller and worked fine)
Microsoft is willing to send me a replacement, but I have to ship them my old controller and pay for the shipping, and wait 1-3 weeks for the controller. I think that's BS! I've read online and some people have been able to keep their old controller entirely-- has anyone from CAG went through this?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Few questions:
3) Do you have it plugged into a surge protector or directly into a wall outlet?

Just curious. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

1) guitar hero 3
2) yes, it froze a lot and the graphics were often distorted
3) surge protector

i sent mine in a little over a week ago.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']1) guitar hero 3
2) yes, it froze a lot and the graphics were often distorted
3) surge protector

[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly my situation. Still waiting on my coffin to arrive.

[quote name='Moxio']Good question.

1) I live in Seattle, which never really gets higher than 80 in the summer, remains around 35-50 in winter, so it's definitely an area milder than most.

2) My 360 was in a space with TONS of breathing room; it wasn't in a closed center or anything.

3) It got little use, esp. compared to some of the people on this board.

*shrug*[/quote]

I live in Northern VA, so it gets cold here sometimes. Where the 360 is at is usually one of the coldest room in the house. I kept everything away from it so it had a lot of breathing room. It's going to break down, no matter how much you baby it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Few questions:

Just curious. Thanks.[/quote]

1. Halo 3. Making some cool racing maps in the forge. Started locking up a number of times in the forge then it multiplayer.

2. I have never had any graphical glitches so that was good I guess.

3. Surge protector but it just doesn't matter.

I finally got an update from xbox.com, my 360 has been shipped to customer :)
So I guess by the end of the week, it should be here. Its another serial number so I am praying that it's not someone else's 360 or a pre fall 2007 model. :pray:

I don't know how you CAG's get it back in 2 weeks after sending it off, but mine was 3 weeks. Next time I am slipping a $20 with a note saying "Please fix this as fast as you can ;)" in the coffin.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Hi,
When does the Xbox.com Website Update? I sent it Friday, if that matters.[/quote]

Hi,

It takes a day or two. So you finally got your coffin? When did it come?

Yeah I hope I get a reliable 360 in return, though from what I've heard I can expect to go through this coffin phase many times in the future. Ugh.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I'm so worried i'm gonna get junk returned to me :/[/quote]

You mean something other than a 360 in your box?

[quote name='Moxio']Yeah I hope I get a reliable 360 in return, though from what I've heard I can expect to go through this coffin phase many times in the future. Ugh.[/quote]

I think if we get anything made late 2007 or this year we should be in the green. There has to be some sort of limit to how many 360's can you return to them before they just give you a brand new, factory sealed unit.

My controller won't sync up with my controller (common issue, I tried my brother's controller and worked fine)
Microsoft is willing to send me a replacement, but I have to ship them my old controller and pay for the shipping, and wait 1-3 weeks for the controller. I think that's BS! I've read online and some people have been able to keep their old controller entirely-- has anyone from CAG went through this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back