Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received the following e-mail from the Class of Heroes 2 physical collector's edition Kickstarter project that failed to get off the ground last year. Looks like they are indeed trying to do two versions of a limited run physical production of the game. See below for details:

We're sending out a message thanking all the backers that supported our ultimately unfunded effort to do an awesome Deluxe Edition of Class of Heroes 2. It didn't work out as a deluxe edition, but that's not because all of you didn't try hard, and we really appreciate the support you showed. Due to a stream of fan requests over the last few months still requesting even a regular physical version we have been able to negotiate a pre-order only physical release of the game that will also come with a download code if we can hit a minimum number of preorders for it. We wanted to tell you first that, as a believer and backer of our CoH2 Deluxe Kickstarter, you may have the opportunity to preorder a Kickstarter Supporter Physical+Digital Edition of the Class of Heroes 2 game that will have different disc art than the "general" preorder version. Because this is planned to be a preorder only physical release and the game will be digital only from release day onward, the physical game will be rare, but the Kickstarter Supporter edition will be even more exclusive. We have to hit a combined 2500 units to be able to do the physical edition, so we will first do a "general" non-binding signup via email where fans indicate their interest, and then if we have at least 2500 fans indicating they want to preorder, we'll open an actual preorder signup and the physical version will be a go. Fans that preorder will also be able to vote for the cover art to be used. Look for details, including pricing and the "I'm interested in a preorder" email address very shortly.

[quote name='TooPoor']Post-Pandemic is still in stock, anybody who wanted it would have got the chance to preorder it at this point.

I'm no expert, but did the previous GS exclusive CEs (that went rare afterwards) held their preorder window for this long?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by "this long" two weeks where it was out of stock for several days?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I don't see why people think the DOA 5 CE is rare. I can still find them. There is a PS3 copy and a Xbox copy at one of my local stores. It was hot when it first came out, but it's died down quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude.. this one time.. I saw metroid prime trilogy on clearance at Target. Tooootally not hard to fine.

Sarcasm aside their is at least a 50% chance that if your GS does have DOA5 CE or Walking Dead CE it is no longer sealed. Pass.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I just received the following e-mail from the Class of Heroes 2 physical collector's edition Kickstarter project that failed to get off the ground last year. Looks like they are indeed trying to do two versions of a limited run physical production of the game. See below for details:[/QUOTE]

Man, I don't think they should have any problems getting 2500 people to get interest in this game. I'd be all over that.

Last year the only CE's I remember people being upset over not getting were:

-Witcher 2 Dark
-Borderlands Loot Chest
-Persona 4 Gold
-Darksiders 2 Mask

Just recently Ni No Kuni wizard's.

Other LE's were widely available I assume as I didnt really see a uproar from fans on it being hard to find.

[quote name='MrBoss']Last year the only CE's I remember people being upset over not getting were:

-Witcher 2 Dark
-Bioshock Loot Chest
-Persona 4 Gold
-Darksiders 2 Mask

Other LE's were widely available I assume as I didnt really see a uproar from fans on it being hard to find.[/QUOTE]

Man I missed out on that bioshock loot chest...

[quote name='MrBoss']Last year the only CE's I remember people being upset over not getting were:

-Witcher 2 Dark
-Bioshock Loot Chest
-Persona 4 Gold
-Darksiders 2 Mask

Other LE's were widely available I assume as I didnt really see a uproar from fans on it being hard to find.[/QUOTE]

I dont know, i got P4G: Solid Gold quite easily. i dont get the big deal over Ni No Kuni. ive played it, it's really not that great. DmC is better.

[quote name='wmoran27']I dont know, i got P4G: Solid Gold quite easily. i dont get the big deal over Ni No Kuni. ive played it, it's really not that great. DmC is better.[/QUOTE]

their are always going to be a few sheep that want something last minute just because they can no longer obtain it easily.

This unfortunately is part of human nature.

Their are also going to be nincompoops like the above poster [two up] that think because something comes back in stock a day before/after release, or is spotted at a target in passing that it is all of a sudden easily accessible to everyone else.

Lastly you're going to get either the severly misinformed or the trolls who make comments like "MGS HD LE isn't rare... I'll pick it up at BB on clearance" when it was a GS/AZ exclusive or the posters who says things like "This game isn't rare my gamestop is showing stock today" which coincidently is release day and it is a well known fact that gamestop stock checker will count preorders are part of their stock.

[quote name='GBAstar']What do you mean by "this long" two weeks where it was out of stock for several days?[/QUOTE]
Well, to be honest I not know what should be categorized as a "long" preorder window before OOS, I remember the loot chest was OOS faster?

[quote name='TooPoor']Well, to be honest I not know what should be categorized as a "long" preorder window before OOS, I remember the loot chest was OOS faster?[/QUOTE]

Not really a good comparable. Loot Chest was a CE for an established IP, Last of Us is a new IP.

[quote name='wmoran27']I dont know, i got P4G: Solid Gold quite easily. i dont get the big deal over Ni No Kuni. ive played it, it's really not that great. DmC is better.[/QUOTE]

P4G was easily pre-orderable, until they ran out of stock. If you managed to get one after that, good for you; that's anecdotal, though, and it was still hard to get. Also, you just compared a character action game to a JRPG. I would say that Total War Shogun 2 is light years better than COD, but that's a stupid comparison now, isn't it?

[quote name='RPGamer246']Got my dead space dev team edition today! Love it! #2185/5000[/QUOTE]

Got mine today. #2092. It's very nice. For the OCD collectors it's not sealed.

Odd thing, I'm guessing because of the weather, there was condensation on the outside of the tin. It came in a styrofoam coffin which was good.

Yep see no difference here. A cute kid wielding a spell book with magical powers is being compared to a guy who wields guns, a sword, and a scythe. Yes this makes total sense.

So they've changed the art on the steelbook in the UK/EU Injustice: Gods Among Us CE? Dang it - that was half the reason I was going to import it. I really liked the look of the first steelbook image they released. Not sure if I'm going to bother getting it now as I don't like the new steelbook art.

[quote name='salty tbone']Got mine today. #2092. It's very nice. For the OCD collectors it's not sealed.

Odd thing, I'm guessing because of the weather, there was condensation on the outside of the tin. It came in a styrofoam coffin which was good.[/QUOTE]

I got mine today also. I think the number was 2767. It is a thing of beauty and was worth every penny.

-Witcher 2 Dark
-Bioshock Loot Chest
-Persona 4 Gold
-Darksiders 2 Mask

unless im mistaken there isnt a bioshock loot chest. I think you mean Borderlands 2 ultimate loot chest.

[quote name='integralsmatic']Yep see no difference here. A cute kid wielding a spell book with magical powers is being compared to a guy who wields guns, a sword, and a scythe. Yes this makes total sense.[/QUOTE]

I Just mean i think dmc is more fun to play than ni no kuni.

[quote name='wmoran27']I Just mean i think dmc is more fun to play than ni no kuni.[/QUOTE]

Opinions are like blah blah blah. :roll:

Seriously, never understood why some people feel the need to post about how they didn't really "get" why everyone is enjoying whatever the popular game of the moment is. Can't you just accept that not everyone likes everything & move on?

On topic, I'm now strongly considering grabbing one of those Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 CE sets. I was trying to ignore that game, but a good friend just sent me a trailer that may have pushed me over the edge. Doesn't help that I have newfound respect for that dev after Asura's Wrath last year. And that set looks to pack a lot of bang for the buck for just $20 extra.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah im not a gamers unlocked, so.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you're not a member given all the BB deals that have been posted up in the last year.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Not really a good comparable. Loot Chest was a CE for an established IP, Last of Us is a new IP.[/QUOTE]I'm not comparing the games, only the preorder window during which it is available. And hoping to get some ballpark numbers from vets.

did u play ultimate ninja storm 2? it was like naruto's wrath. i don't care for the anime at all but that game is crazy fun. even the title screen/music made me feel like i was playing asuras wrath. good stuff.

[quote name='argyle']Opinions are like blah blah blah. :roll:

Seriously, never understood why some people feel the need to post about how they didn't really "get" why everyone is enjoying whatever the popular game of the moment is. Can't you just accept that not everyone likes everything & move on?

On topic, I'm now strongly considering grabbing one of those Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 CE sets. I was trying to ignore that game, but a good friend just sent me a trailer that may have pushed me over the edge. Doesn't help that I have newfound respect for that dev after Asura's Wrath last year. And that set looks to pack a lot of bang for the buck for just $20 extra.[/QUOTE]

So can i ask, which special edition games are worth getting to sell on Ebay? I'm a broke college student hoping to earn some money. My job isn't cutting it ^^

I would keep those conversations via PM as any posts related to it will start a shouting match and eventually all posts related will be deleted.

[quote name='henry00x']i am looking for opinions on the Aliens Colonial Marines CE, do you guys think its worth it?[/QUOTE]
I think it might drop in price quite quickly. Doesn't seem to be a lot of hype for it. I like the figure that comes with it, though.

[quote name='TooPoor']I'm not comparing the games, only the pre-order window during which it is available. And hoping to get some ballpark numbers from vets.[/QUOTE]

That's my point, those pre-order windows aren't comparable because there are too many variables in play. An existing IP will have a higher sales target, a higher visibility, higher marketing allotment, and higher production runs. For the most part, none of those things exist with a new IP.

Sure, Last of Us is a fairly high-profile new IP, but the fact is that only games who pay attention to the industry will know much about it. Knowledge of Borderlands 2 on the other hand was inescapable due to the wild success of the first title.

It should be expected that a pre-order window for a truly "limited" premier IP sequel would be much, much shorter than the pre-order window for an equally limited new IP. Take the Dead Space Ultra Limited edition. It was a new IP and was limited to just 1,000 units and the pre-order window from EA lasted almost up to the release date.

[quote name='henry00x']i am looking for opinions on the Aliens Colonial Marines CE, do you guys think its worth it?[/QUOTE]
I can see this one hitting $50 before selling out. No way would I pay $100 for it.

[quote name='panda911']Oh man, just the metal box is going for over $100. Slight regret canceling my dev team edition.[/QUOTE]

Damn, couldn't agree more. Though, all in all, I'm not looking forward to DS3, but the art work on it was pretty neat. Selling off one or two items and breaking even would have been good enough for me and then keeping the real neat stuff. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

Yeah I really just wanted the Marker statue, but couldn't justify spending $100 for it. Now I know I could've broken even and actually made some money while keeping ithe statue. XP

[quote name='panda911']Oh man, just the metal box is going for over $100. Slight regret canceling my dev team edition.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you there. Cancelled mine also. I just couldn't justify it not being a very big Dead Space fan. They also sold so slowly I didn't know if they'd take off. Lesson learned.

Random, but I'm excited for The Last Of Us previews that are supposed to come out tomorrow. Word is it's good. Surprise surprise.

Dumb question, but I assume there is no coupon code that can waive the shipping fee at Namco Bandai store for Naruto?

Also, did any of you get the $20 voucher from the Ni No Kuni fiasco?

[quote name='TooPoor']Dumb question, but I assume there is no coupon code that can waive the shipping fee at Namco Bandai store for Naruto?

Also, did any of you get the $20 voucher from the Ni No Kuni fiasco?[/QUOTE]

PM Sent.

[quote name='6er']am I the only one that thinks the splinter cell RC airplane is awesome?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']...yeah, pretty much.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got excited until I heard it's made of foam again. Then I had all kinds of horrible flashbacks related to the care package.

My two Dead Space 3 Dev Team Edition bundles showed up last night. I'm happy I pulled the trigger on them, they are bigger than I was expecting.

Ended up with numbers 114/5000 and 2832/5000.

Think I'll flip the 2832 and keep the low-numbered 114.

Somewhat interestingly, they shipped my two copies in one of the big carton shipping boxes from their manufacturer in China (thing is huge, I could sit down inside of it and be entirely inside it lol). Each carton originally held 4 Dev Team Editions and on the outside is marked as carton #923 of 1250 (which further backs up the claims and numbering of a 5000 print run).

[quote name='scott_matthews']My two Dead Space 3 Dev Team Edition bundles showed up last night. I'm happy I pulled the trigger on them, they are bigger than I was expecting.

Ended up with numbers 114/5000 and 2832/5000.

Think I'll flip the 2832 and keep the low-numbered 114.

Somewhat interestingly, they shipped my two copies in one of the big carton shipping boxes from their manufacturer in China (thing is huge, I could sit down inside of it and be entirely inside it lol). Each carton originally held 4 Dev Team Editions and on the outside is marked as carton #923 of 1250 (which further backs up the claims and numbering of a 5000 print run).[/QUOTE]

I wonder if those big boxes will be worth anything like how old SNES games and system shipment boxes are. (Of course it would take 20 plus years).

So The Last of Us Pandemic Edition is basically ending up so limited as most were thinking/hoping? I love the statues that come with SOME of these games, but I do love the fact that they are limited as well. Whats every ones current thought on this edition since it still seems readily available on Gamestop.com?

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']So The Last of Us Pandemic Edition is basically ending up so limited as most were thinking/hoping? I love the statues that come with SOME of these games, but I do love the fact that they are limited as well. Whats every ones current thought on this edition since it still seems readily available on Gamestop.com?[/QUOTE]

Well, it's only February and this game releases May. If gamestop hopefully ends their online preorders by the end of this month or even by the end of march then things might get juicy. Look at the DeadSpace 3 dev kit. Took a while to sell out, but once it went, everyone got hungry.

Did the Deadspace 3 Dev really sell out that slowly? I preordered when I first heard of it and don't think availability lasted very long. I too am wondering about how supposedly "limited" the PPE is. Initially when it went OoS was a good sign, but now I wonder how many they plan on making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back