Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blinknot4']What is this? - I've never even heard of it...[/QUOTE]

It's an MMO/Shooter that is somehow also tied into a SyFy network television program. This thing screams free to play, so I'm not sure how anyone could justify putting out that kind of money on a CE for a totally new IP.

[quote name='bojay1997']It's an MMO/Shooter that is somehow also tied into a SyFy network television program. This thing screams free to play, so I'm not sure how anyone could justify putting out that kind of money on a CE for a totally new IP.[/QUOTE]

That's because us X WOW players would sooner go back to paying for WOW subs then play that.

I wouldn't play that MMO if subs were free and you gave me the game for free.

I'd trash it sell it or trade it.

[quote name='bojay1997']It's an MMO/Shooter that is somehow also tied into a SyFy network television program. This thing screams free to play, so I'm not sure how anyone could justify putting out that kind of money on a CE for a totally new IP.[/QUOTE]

I went to the comic con panel. It's something like the game occurs in San Francisco while the TV series occurs in St Louis (or maybe the other way around). There are some aliens that invade earth and some other aliens that help you fight back. There are some crossover characters from the TV show that will go to the game city, and events in the game city will influence the TV show.
I have no idea on the the gameplay or anything else.

ya the game takes place in SF and its an mmo/shooter. its made by trionworlds, the same company that made/runs Rift. the studio that does Rift is in Redwood City and the studio that does Defiance is in san diego, which makes no sense to me since you would think the bay area studio should be doing the bay area game. weird huh.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']

Apparently Hitman Trilogy HD is getting a premium edition with an artbook. :D[/QUOTE]

It's a first run like The Last Story. Same price as the vanilla version.

Wow, I wasn't expecting $39.99 for that. I'm considering preordering the Premium Edition, but the artbook isn't all that big and I could see the vanilla edition dropping in price a short time later...:whistle2:k

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']
hitmantrilogy1.png

Apparently Hitman Trilogy HD is getting a premium edition with an artbook. :D[/QUOTE]

This made my day. Love this series and am more than happy to rebuy the games in HD. Thanks!

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Pre-order action

Order now Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance front-Steelbook and you get the free steelbook: Revengeance for the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 along with a Metal Gear Rising.

Here's how: Simply place a checkmark next to a game and a steelbook and add items to your shopping cart. Run your order as usual over.

The reduction in the amount of steelbook price will be displayed at the end of the ordering process in the overview.

:ps3: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - EUR 57,99 (EUR 48,73 after VAT)
:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - EUR 57,99 (EUR 48,73 after VAT)
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Steelbook for PS3 - EUR 14,99 (EUR 12,60 after VAT)
:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Steelbook for Xbox 360 - EUR 14,99 (EUR 12,60 after VAT)

Shipping
Game Only - EUR 5,99
SteelBook Only - EUR 3,00
Game + SteelBook - EUR 5,99

Note:
- Please note that purchases via Amazon.de Marketplace are excluded from this promotion.
- This offer is based on a discount per order.

Amazon.de

Has anyone come across a pre-order listing for that UK collector's edition of Injustice: Gods Among Us? I keep checking Amazon UK, Zavvi, and Game but they all just have the standard edition posted.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Has anyone come across a pre-order listing for that UK collector's edition of Injustice: Gods Among Us? I keep checking Amazon UK, Zavvi, and Game but they all just have the standard edition posted.[/QUOTE]

Interested in this too

Well, here's yet another Japanese CE/LE I came across that we'll probably never see.

Any Macross fans? Macross 30 LE also known as the "30th Anniversary Super Galaxy Box" edition:
002.jpg
48e1cfa5-s.jpg

Here's what's included:
  • A box illustrated by Macross mechanical artist Hidetaka Tenjin
  • A collection of layout and animation sketches chosen by Hirotaka Marufuji from the in-game animation
  • A collection of designs for the game's characters and mecha
  • A collection of event and campaign posters for the Macross 30th anniversary
  • Macross 30th Anniversary booklet
  • Product codes to download special "Marking Valkyrie" versions of the VF-25 and VF-1S
It's pretty reasonably priced too at 11,800 yen or around $145.

And credit goes to ANN.

Both versions of the game will also include:
...about 113 minutes of voice actor interviews, as well as the in-game CG movies "Burning Fire" and "Get it on-Flying Rock" from the earlier Macross Ultimate Frontier and Macross Triangle Frontier games

Which is probably all on the Blu-ray that's pictured above.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Well, here's yet another Japanese CE/LE I came across that we'll probably never see.

Any Macross fans? Macross 30 LE also known as the "30th Anniversary Super Galaxy Box" edition:

002.jpg

Here's what's included:
It's pretty reasonably priced too at 11,800 yen or around $145.

And credit goes to ANN.[/QUOTE]

As a long-time Macross fan, this is tempting.

WTF?!?! Did somebody edit my post and take out the picture of the Macross LE I originally linked to? I'm gonna insert a smaller pic and put in in spoilers then. fucking weird.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Pre-order action

Order now Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance front-Steelbook and you get the free steelbook: Revengeance for the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 along with a Metal Gear Rising.

Here's how: Simply place a checkmark next to a game and a steelbook and add items to your shopping cart. Run your order as usual over.

The reduction in the amount of steelbook price will be displayed at the end of the ordering process in the overview.

:ps3: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Steelbook for PS3 - EUR 14,99 (EUR 12,60 after VAT)
:360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Steelbook for Xbox 360 - EUR 14,99 (EUR 12,60 after VAT)

Shipping
Game Only - EUR 5,99

Note:
- Please note that purchases via Amazon.de Marketplace are excluded from this promotion.

Amazon.de[/QUOTE]Import-noob question: If I'm interested in the PS3 steelbook, do I have to create a new account on Amazon.de or can I use my Amazon.com account somehow?

[quote name='Vigilante']Import-noob question: If I'm interested in the PS3 steelbook, do I have to create a new account on Amazon.de or can I use my Amazon.com account somehow?[/QUOTE]

Nope, your US account will work.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Pre-order action

Shipping
Game Only - EUR 5,99

Note:

Amazon.de[/QUOTE]

Thank pinoy! Ordered a :360: Steelbook :)

Not so fast!

In-store only: Pre-order Metal Gear Rising: Revengence now and receive a Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook!

How to get this deal:
Pre-order Metal Gear Rising: Revengence today and receive a Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook!

*Please note this offer cannot be combined with any other promotion. Offer valid until February 18, 2013. Limit one per customer, per purchase. Limited quantities, while supplies last. See in-store for full details

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I think GameStop or Best Buy may offer Metal Gear Rising: Revengence Exclusive Steelbook any time soon.[/QUOTE]
As soon as they do, I'll cancel my Amazon.de order.

So I have the metal gear PS3 CE on preorder...Is anyone else buying it for the $149 or do you think it will tank? I'm using 'free money' from the AZ vintage trade fiasco, but I am not sure I feel comfortable paying that much for a CE.

[quote name='Jinque']has anyone heard anything about the Injustice UK CE edition?[/QUOTE]

Only that the statue for that one is immensely better (in my opinion anyway) than the US one >: (

[quote name='slowdive21']So I have the metal gear PS3 CE on preorder...Is anyone else buying it for the $149 or do you think it will tank? I'm using 'free money' from the AZ vintage trade fiasco, but I am not sure I feel comfortable paying that much for a CE.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I believe it may tank a bit. Personally, I hope it does anyway. A lot of CEs seem to be dropping in price shortly after release, because people overstock big titles like crazy and then they end up not selling well at all. Like when God of War 3's CE was on clearance for $20 about 6 months after it came out (I paid $99.99 on launch). I just can't justify spending $150 on a CE of a game. I know that makes me cheap as all get out, but my limit is $100.

[quote name='Daniel09']Does Amazon not do release date delivery anymore?[/QUOTE]
They do if you have Amazon Prime. They should do it without for like 99 cents, I think. Something like that.

[quote name='slowdive21']So I have the metal gear PS3 CE on preorder...Is anyone else buying it for the $149 or do you think it will tank? I'm using 'free money' from the AZ vintage trade fiasco, but I am not sure I feel comfortable paying that much for a CE.[/QUOTE]

It's too expensive, and it's a 'side' game. I'm pretty sure it is going to go down a ways.

Stupid question: How the heck do i sign up to club namco?. Do i have to purchase something first? I really hope they will restock the Ni No kuni Wizards Edition.

[quote name='Hraesvelg']Stupid question: How the heck do i sign up to club namco?. Do i have to purchase something first? I really hope they will restock the Ni No kuni Wizards Edition.[/QUOTE]

I think you just create a profile. I don't think it's a special club or anything like that. That's what I did anyway.

As for them getting more in, it would be nice if they would but I highly doubt it. Considering the game is about a month from launch, it'll probably go gold in the next week or two.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']:ps3: God of War: Omega Edition (South America)

PS3G0861_det1.jpg

47% off MSRP

Before $74.990 CL = $157.79 USD
Now $39.990 CL = $84.14 USD

.Zmart.cl[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they ship overseas?

I apologize if this has been addressed before(which I'm sure it has) but I have a question about the BioShock Infinite Ultimate Songbird CE. I'm a huge fan of the series and I have both the CE's for the other games but I'm on the fence with this one. Do you guys think its worth the price or will it be like BioShock 2's CE and the price tanks and eventually ends up at Best Buy for $10 new?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='blazenumb1']I apologize if this has been addressed before(which I'm sure it has) but I have a question about the BioShock Infinite Ultimate Songbird CE. I'm a huge fan of the series and I have both the CE's for the other games but I'm on the fence with this one. Do you guys think its worth the price or will it be like BioShock 2's CE and the price tanks and eventually ends up at Best Buy for $10 new?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

There is really no way to tell until the game is out and its selling or not. You are either gonna end up in the "I'm holding off to buy it till it drops to ______, oh shit it sold out? WTF!" crowd, or "I can't believe I paid this amount for this shit and now its 20 bucks" butthurt crowd though usually. So base it off which one you can live with better I guess.

[quote name='blazenumb1']I apologize if this has been addressed before(which I'm sure it has) but I have a question about the BioShock Infinite Ultimate Songbird CE. I'm a huge fan of the series and I have both the CE's for the other games but I'm on the fence with this one. Do you guys think its worth the price or will it be like BioShock 2's CE and the price tanks and eventually ends up at Best Buy for $10 new?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to wait. If I miss out on that statue, that's fine. I ordered the Premium edition (back when Newegg had that $12 off preorder promo) because $70 for a statue just isn't worth it, to me anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this 6-8 months from now on clearance racks for $30-50, but with some Collector's Editions it really is hard to tell.

[quote name='rishiraja']I wonder if they ship overseas?[/QUOTE]

According to the site they do not ship outside Chile. Anyone have a lead on a site that will ship this to the US?

[quote name='Blaster man']Wow look at all these obscure JRPG's. I've never even heard of any of them.[/QUOTE]

I tend to avoid most Japanese games like the plague. Especially the "RPGs." Earlier games from SNES, 64, GBA etc. were pretty good, but there's not much of worth coming from Japan now.

Hey guys,

Can those of you with the borderlands 2 ulce steelbook tell me of your outer case is damaged, with paint chips and scratches (even if they're minor)? If you don't mind ��

I just noticed that there's a minor chip on mine, and its strange because my steel ook never left the box. I've always kept it in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back