Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='snakeinthegrass']I bought two .. Not as limited as the Dead Space Ultra Edition (1,000 copies still fetching $700 on ebay) but no doubt will hold resale value if they truly keep this to 5,000 units. At $100 without the game why not?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Burning Karma']Updated my post to include the price of the stuff without the game, a better image of the contents, and a link with closer looks at each piece.[/QUOTE]

Do you think there is any difference in regards to packaging between the version with the game and the version without the game?

I'm going to guess that there isn't... that they will just throw a standard game inside the shipping box...

Anyone have any idea?

[quote name='GBAstar']Do you think there is any difference in regards to packaging between the version with the game and the version without the game?

I'm going to guess that there isn't... that they will just throw a standard game inside the shipping box...

Anyone have any idea?[/QUOTE]

The game ships separate from the box so I would assume not

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']The game ships separate from the box so I would assume not[/QUOTE]

Yeah I reread the description and that is my take too... so at this point it makes no sense to get the version with the game unless you are partial to the DLC that EA is offering.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Anyone know how steelbook bonuses will be shipped from GS? Do they ship them in bubble mailers? :|[/QUOTE]

Yep. They will likely just stuff the steelbook in with the game and put them both in a bubble wrap pouch. I've rarely had them ship bonuses separately and never in a box if it's just a standard size game case type item.

I really wasn't planning on getting the God of War: Ascension collector's edition, but that Kratos statue looks awesome. Its also only $20 more than the standard edition.

I usually get any Metal Gear limited editions, but as big a fan as I am I can't justify $150 for a cool looking lamp that comes with the MGR: Revengeance limited edition.:cry:

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']Anyone know how steelbook bonuses will be shipped from GS? Do they ship them in bubble mailers? :|[/QUOTE]

GS pretty much ships everything in boxes these days. They've gotten really good at packing...

What's the consensus on the Bioshock songbird edition and neca skyhook with regards to rarity? I know songbird has been cut off at GS for a while now.

[quote name='panda911']What's the consensus on the Bioshock songbird edition and neca skyhook with regards to rarity? I know songbird has been cut off at GS for a while now.[/QUOTE]
That skyhook looks REALLY cheap. It's all plastic :drool:

[quote name='TooPoor']That skyhook looks REALLY cheap. It's all plastic :drool:[/QUOTE]

The Enzio gauntlet is cheaply made IMO but that didn't stop people from paying good money for it.

Still a few sites where you can get the songbird edition from. I wish I knew how many they were making.

[quote name='GBAstar']The Enzio gauntlet is cheaply made IMO but that didn't stop people from paying good money for it.

Still a few sites where you can get the songbird edition from. I wish I knew how many they were making.[/QUOTE]
Oh..if you are talking from a reselling perspective, then I have no idea. Personally, I would like a well made, metal brushed replica.

Didn't Bestbuy still have the Songbird? There is a video detailing the statue, it looks pretty good, judging from the video which zooms in a lot on the statue. Unlike that pre-launch BLOPS II video where they shot the video from a distance and do not mention that entire drone is made out of foam :drool:

[quote name='DanteWarrior']1554 left to be exact. The contents don't look half bad to me.
Maybe not $100 good but still nice[/QUOTE]

yeah 100 is a little rich. But seems like a fairly limited item. Really wish the game was in like a special steel or something, not just a standard edition.

[quote name='Vinny']GS pretty much ships everything in boxes these days. They've gotten really good at packing...[/QUOTE]

No they don't. For collector's editions they do, but anything regular game size goes in a padded pouch. If you're worried about a Ni No Kuni steelbook, I would suggest doing store pickup. They will almost certainly not be shipped in a box.

[quote name='bojay1997']No they don't. For collector's editions they do, but anything regular game size goes in a padded pouch. If you're worried about a Ni No Kuni steelbook, I would suggest doing store pickup. They will almost certainly not be shipped in a box.[/QUOTE]

Hm... now that you mention it, that makes sense. I've only been ordering CEs from them for the last 1-2 years.

[quote name='TooPoor']That skyhook looks REALLY cheap. It's all plastic :drool:[/QUOTE]

I know it's going to be most if not all plastic, but is it of a good quality? How were the portal guns from them? Did those come with a stand or anything? Just trying to get a feel since I've never considered anything from neca before. Also I think you're using the drool face wrong lol.

[quote name='panda911']I know it's going to be most if not all plastic, but is it of a good quality? How were the portal guns from them? Did those come with a stand or anything? Just trying to get a feel since I've never considered anything from neca before. Also I think you're using the drool face wrong lol.[/QUOTE]
Regarding the drool face...you get my idea, don't think of it as a drooling for desire, but a prelude to vomiting. Because the vomit icon is too strong for this situation.

Now, the portal gun was nice. Because the style and color can be nicely presented by plastic. The Skyhook, on the other hand, is meant to be metal, no matter how you think about it. The video still shows that it is nicely detailed. I am just saying I would rather like a metal replica, even it would come with a higher price tag.

[quote name='mrboss']1096 dead space 3 dev editions left. I dont think these will make it to monday.[/quote]
909 add-on

EDIT: 848 add-on left as of 3:58 pm

Last edited by a moderator:
i though this was "cheapassgamers" lol. I cannot believe so many people are shelling out $100 + for the dead space 3 dev collectors edition. It seems more like "richassgamers"

[quote name='YBX87']i though this was "cheapassgamer", lol. I cannot believe so many people are shelling out $100 + for the dead space 3 dev collectors edition. It seems more like "richassgamers"[/QUOTE]

What can I say, I love making money. :)

[quote name='YBX87']i though this was "cheapassgamers" lol. I cannot believe so many people are shelling out $100 + for the dead space 3 dev collectors edition. It seems more like "richassgamers"[/QUOTE]

Usual comment from "jealousassposter" :D

[quote name='YBX87']i though this was "cheapassgamers" lol. I cannot believe so many people are shelling out $100 + for the dead space 3 dev collectors edition. It seems more like "richassgamers"[/QUOTE]

Take this in jest but it's more like 'Havealittleforesightassgamer'. It's less than the price of 2 games OOP and it's on pace to sell out in less than 24 hours with a stealth release. This is an actual limited numbered CE for a good series that, if you think about it, keeps out the item that depreciates the fastest, the actual game.

[quote name='confoosious']Are you guys adding up all the editions?[/QUOTE]

I'm just using the add on version without game. I assume when that is sold out they will stop taking preorders of the game bundled

[quote name='MrBoss']I'm just using the add on version without game. I assume when that is sold out they will stop taking preorders of the game bundled[/QUOTE]

No that's not how it works.

[quote name='Burning Karma']How are you guys checking stock? I'm now toying with the idea of ordering the add-on package.[/QUOTE]

If I tell you, you have to report back how much is left for each version. ...

On the add to cart screen, just put in high number. It will tell you if it's too high.

[quote name='confoosious']If I tell you, you have to report back how much is left for each version. ...

On the add to cart screen, just put in high number. It will tell you if it's too high.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, thanks. 804 left!

[quote name='confoosious']I hope the add on doesn't sell out tonight. I want to sleep on a second copy.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to keep one and sell one. That's always the hardest part for me; when a rare item or CE you pick up is suddenly worth 2-4x as much as you paid for it -- not saying this will -- it can be hard to justify letting it sit in your collection. Some people say let it collect dust but I keep my stuff clean. :)

EDIT: 791 left (add-on).

Hey, do you guys have any recommendations for CE's from Germany/Amazon.De? I recieved a 10 Euro promotional credit for physical videogames that expires 03/01/2013, so I was thinking about buying a CE that we can't get in the US. I'm not sure where to find out what games have really awesome exclusive European CE's, though. Thanks for any advice in advance. :D

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...inja-STORM-3-exclusive-offer-w-Figurines.html

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is getting a CE exclusively on Club Namco. It's $80 and includes both the figures from the UK editions, a poster, the soundtrack, a trading card, and the Goku Costume DLC.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I hate online only CE's, but I really might end up getting this one. Huge Naruto fan, and I love the Storm series. Also, the soundtracks for these games have been pretty epic so far

And apparently you can just get the Card/Soundtrack/Poster for 59.99 too......it only says the Poster is exclusive, makes me wonder if the soundtrack might be getting included everywhere

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ugh, I hate online only CE's, but I really might end up getting this one. Huge Naruto fan, and I love the Storm series. Also, the soundtracks for these games have been pretty epic so far

And apparently you can just get the Card/Soundtrack/Poster for 59.99 too......it only says the Poster is exclusive, makes me wonder if the soundtrack might be getting included everywhere[/QUOTE]
I'm a huge fan of the show as well, but I haven't play any Storm series. Do you guys think it's worth picking up though compared to the previous versions or would there be a future price drop?
I really like the figurines though.

[quote name='TommyLove']I'm a huge fan of the show as well, but I haven't play any Storm series. Do you guys think it's worth picking up though compared to the previous versions or would there be a future price drop?
I really like the figurines though.[/QUOTE]
I recommend you play Storm 1 and 2 just for the Boss Battles. Storm 3 is going to probably be the best in the series though.

[quote name='TommyLove']I'm a huge fan of the show as well, but I haven't play any Storm series. Do you guys think it's worth picking up though compared to the previous versions or would there be a future price drop?
I really like the figurines though.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I feel like this will be the best in the series. And the past ones held their value for a decent amount of time, so if you really want to get in while the community is active, you might want to get around release.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...inja-STORM-3-exclusive-offer-w-Figurines.html

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 is getting a CE exclusively on Club Namco. It's $80 and includes both the figures from the UK editions, a poster, the soundtrack, a trading card, and the Goku Costume DLC.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ugh, I hate online only CE's, but I really might end up getting this one. Huge Naruto fan, and I love the Storm series. Also, the soundtracks for these games have been pretty epic so far

And apparently you can just get the Card/Soundtrack/Poster for 59.99 too......it only says the Poster is exclusive, makes me wonder if the soundtrack might be getting included everywhere[/QUOTE]HNNNNGGGHHH

I love Naruto, as well, and I've got so much Best Buy credit that I could buy a Visa gift card to cover the cost of the CE, but with my backlog...but that CE looks so awesome...but graduate classes are starting up again...but UNS3 really does look like the best in the series...and I could always sell that Goku costume DLC for a tidy sum to cushion the financial blow...

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

I'm getting that Naruto CE for sure. Question to vets: if its clubNamco exclusive, it means less possible price drop of e CE in the future, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back