Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GBAstar']is their a ps3 version of the zombie bait edition through amazon.co.uk or is it sold out?[/QUOTE]
only xbox 360 is exclusive to australia and uk. germany have all 3 versions.

Wow I am glad I checked to see what other games give you $20 in certificates... cuz I just noticed its for gamers club members only. lol So I wont be getting anything. I guess that changes my decision on where I preorder the game cuz I was expecting $20 from bioshock and $20 from injustice.

Sadly I will not cancel bioshock cuz i used coupons to preorder and also got the songbird edition, but I'll preorder Injustice from Amazon. Sure no DLC but I have $25 in amazon points/promo codes. lol

I wish I read that closer in the first place cuz now one of my coupons expires 2moro and they probably wont make it usable before then. lol Stupid Reading.

Sidenote: If I join (as i read its only $15 a year), will it automatically work on stuff I have already preordered? Like say i join 2moro, but I have bioshock and injustice preordered, do I get the $20 certificate for each one still?

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']Sidenote: If I join (as i read its only $15 a year), will it automatically work on stuff I have already preordered? Like say i join 2moro, but I have bioshock and injustice preordered, do I get the $20 certificate for each one still?[/QUOTE]I don't think so--you have to be a GCU member at the time you place the preorder, IIRC.

[quote name='Vigilante']I don't think so--you have to be a GCU member at the time you place the preorder, IIRC.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. You have to be a GCU member at the time of purchase. I pre-ordred ACIII in June but wasn't a GCU member until October and I still was eligible for the $20 cert.

[quote name='kyrhon']I don't think so. You have to be a GCU member at the time of purchase. I pre-ordred ACIII in June but wasn't a GCU member until October and I still was eligible for the $20 cert.[/QUOTE]

I agree because I pre-ordered AC III for the steelbook. Then in July I joined GCU. I got the $20 in certificate so I think you just need to be GCU by the time you pick up the pre-ordered game. Unless they changed something in the system.

[quote name='kyrhon']I don't think so. You have to be a GCU member at the time of purchase. I pre-ordred ACIII in June but wasn't a GCU member until October and I still was eligible for the $20 cert.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bumslie']I agree because I pre-ordered AC III for the steelbook. Then in July I joined GCU. I got the $20 in certificate so I think you just need to be GCU by the time you pick up the pre-ordered game. Unless they changed something in the system.[/QUOTE]Oops, my bad. :oops:

[quote name='Vigilante']Oops, my bad. :oops:[/QUOTE]

It's all good Vigilante no worries. I was just telling them from my experience. I would make sure to talk to a gaming rep to see if anything changed recently. Well they can always get the pre-order refunded and pre-order again to make sure the dates match up if they are really worried about not getting the promo.

noob question about preordering at Best Buy. I'm planning to preorder the Survival Edition of the Last of Us. I know I'm in for a heartache from reading a lot of bad experiences from preordering from BB, such as getting their preorders sold to someone else. The only reason I'm doin it is because I get to burn some free rewardszone certificates.

What's the surest way you actually get your preorder? Do it online? or go to the actual store and pay the small $5 fee for preorder, wake up, stand in line and hope you're the first in the store at release date?

[quote name='zerobscure']noob question about preordering at Best Buy. I'm planning to preorder the Survival Edition of the Last of Us. I know I'm in for a heartache from reading a lot of bad experiences from preordering from BB, such as getting their preorders sold to someone else. The only reason I'm doin it is because I get to burn some free rewardszone certificates.

What's the surest way you actually get your preorder? Do it online? or go to the actual store and pay the small $5 fee for preorder, wake up, stand in line and hope you're the first in the store at release date?[/QUOTE]I preordered the Survival Edition online because I have a bad feeling that an employee at my BBY store will either give it away to someone else, keep it for him/herself, or just misplace it somehow.

Also, after hearing about a few CAGs having issues picking up their God of War: Ascension CEs in-store, I felt more secure having preordered the Survival Edition online. So I suggest you preorder it online.

The only bad thing about doing it online is that you have to pay the full price of the game upfront--if you don't mind doing that, then I think it's a no-brainer. ;)

For folks who preordered Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition from Amazon, are y'all seeing a shipping delay with expected delivery on Thursday, 3/28?

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']For folks who preordered Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition from Amazon, are y'all seeing a shipping delay with expected delivery on Thursday, 3/28?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I'm thinking about canceling because of it. I need it day one.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Help decide what's in the Saints Row IV Collectors Edition

I think I picked the Steelbook, Cloth Map, Handcuff thing, and Wood Cigar Box[/QUOTE]

This is cool, more game companies should do this. T shirt would be good but you know it'd be some XXL monstrosity. I voted up the cigar box too, I'd rather see some unique and weird stuff than the usual statue, art book etc. And belt buckle...when did game belt buckles become a thing?!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes, and I'm thinking about canceling because of it. I need it day one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i got that same message, i really want to play it on launch day.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes, and I'm thinking about canceling because of it. I need it day one.[/QUOTE]
Why do you need it day one?

EDIT: My bad it seems you want to play it day one, I thought there was some special free DLCs on day one, I must have it confused with another game.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Help decide what's in the Saints Row IV Collectors Edition

I think I picked the Steelbook, Cloth Map, Handcuff thing, and Wood Cigar Box[/QUOTE]
Wood cigar box is cool, but then if that happens I would need to get some cigars too...

[quote name='litoeon']So if I order the UK version of Injustice, I'll be able to play it on my US PS3? The DLC including just won't work?[/QUOTE]

You'd have to redeem the UK DLC code on a UK PSN sub account. It will work with the UK game on your US PS3, but maybe not your US account, varies by game, but it should still work if you are using the UK game disc version.

I voted for the Dubstep button....I'm curious on what the hell it is, but it wildly intrigues me. As does the Glass Case with Lights

Other than that, I just hope the Figure, Statue, or R.C Copter don't make it in. I'm tired of C.E's constantly having the same items.

I just preordered the Last of Us Survival edition @ GS. I dont even feel like pursuing the BB preorder even though i have a $20 rewards cert.

Just a heads up for GS preorders, while I was thoroughly obsessing and researching about the differences of the editions of the game, if you look at the GS website it shows on all editions, either Pandemic, Survival, or the Standard>>> that if you preorder @ gamestop you WILL get BOTH DLCs (Sights & Sounds and the Survival pack with the extra Multiplayer skin DLC)

I originally thought that those skins were just for Pandemic. EVEN a standard preorder will get it ONLY IF the preorder is at GS

Voted for both the cigar box and the glass display box with lights, lol.

I would really like to see what that Dubstep Doomsday button is. Also voted for the steelbook and the normal CE stuff that you know everyone else wants, generally.

Best Buy is sold out of BioShock Infinite Premium Edition :'(

I should have pre-ordered weeks ago...now if I want that $20 in RZ, I have to settle for the standard version...

I have a question , I've been outta the loop for a while due to training. Is there anyway that I can get my hands on the Bioshock Infinite Songbird edition? Obviously I can't preorder cuz it comes out next week , but wouldn't there be extras at Best Buy , WalMart ... hell somewhere?? I'd even settle for the premium edition at this point. Any help or ideas would be awesome ... thanks

Bioshock infinite premium edition is still available at Amazon.
As for Songbird, I can bet that some of these will appear at launch(cancelled pre-orders etc). Keep an eye at Amazon & gamestop

I thought GameStop had songbird just few days ago. People were reporting it in this thread and it generated zero interest and discussion.

[quote name='TooPoor']I thought GameStop had songbird just few days ago. People were reporting it in this thread and it generated zero interest and discussion.[/QUOTE]

They have been sold out in-store for a month or two. It was available on the website again up until a few days ago.

Thinking about just getting the Premium off of Amazon ..... if I don't open it could I take it back to some store that has a songbird edition & pay the differnce??

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Thinking about just getting the Premium off of Amazon ..... if I don't open it could I take it back to some store that has a songbird edition & pay the differnce??[/QUOTE]

Does Amazon have retail stores? The answer to your question is no.

[quote name='bojay1997']They have been sold out in-store for a month or two. It was available on the website again up until a few days ago.[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly:
It was first up at Amazon and Gamestop, then it was sold out.

Bestbuy had it from the beginning and for a very long time, I think up until one or two weeks ago. I might be wrong on this, since I recall people having trouble ordering it in-store, however online preorders were open (or it was the other way around).

At one time I remember newegg had it.

Then Gamestop had it again several days ago, for a good couple of days, maybe even a whole week or more, I can't exactly remember.

I gave my Amazon preorder as a no-profit transfer to another CAG. It was completely non-profit, I wanted to help a CAG out, even if it means some extra effort on my end. It was on my TL for a very long time before anyone approached me.

I guess all I am trying to say is, I am really surprised at the interested that it generated now, given the limited level of "hype" it received in the past couple of days.

[quote name='TooPoor']If I remember correctly:
It was first up at Amazon and Gamestop, then it was sold out.

Bestbuy had it from the beginning and for a very long time, I think up until one or two weeks ago. I might be wrong on this, since I recall people having trouble ordering it in-store, however online preorders were open (or it was the other way around).

At one time I remember newegg had it.

Then Gamestop had it again several days ago, for a good couple of days, maybe even a whole week or more, I can't exactly remember.

I gave my Amazon preorder as a no-profit transfer to another CAG. It was completely non-profit, I wanted to help a CAG out, even if it means some extra effort on my end. It was on my TL for a very long time before anyone approached me.

I guess all I am trying to say is, I am really surprised at the interested that it generated now, given the limited level of "hype" it received in the past couple of days.[/QUOTE]

BB Online was sold out for a really long time, so it must have been instore preorders only.

Anyway, I just have a feeling this game isn't going to be all that everyone thinks it will be. I am going to sit back on this one and wait for it's inevitable quick price drops. (If I am lucky, it will end up like the Bioshock 2 CE's)

[quote name='StryderOmega']BB Online was sold out for a really long time, so it must have been instore preorders only.

Anyway, I just have a feeling this game isn't going to be all that everyone thinks it will be. I am going to sit back on this one and wait for it's inevitable quick price drops. (If I am lucky, it will end up like the Bioshock 2 CE's)[/QUOTE]

bioshock infinite will most likely hurt in sales, because of the the delay in release date.

[quote name='StryderOmega']BB Online was sold out for a really long time, so it must have been instore preorders only.

Anyway, I just have a feeling this game isn't going to be all that everyone thinks it will be. I am going to sit back on this one and wait for it's inevitable quick price drops. (If I am lucky, it will end up like the Bioshock 2 CE's)[/QUOTE]

The problem is that retailers are no longer ordering massive quantities of expensive CEs. In fact, I believe Best Buy will not be getting additional copies beyond whatever is preordered in each store or for store pickup. I don't think any other brick and mortar retailer except for GS is even carrying this. Every other retailer was on-line only and has been sold out for a while. So while I don't think this is going to become super valuable, it is going to be about as hard to get as the Borderlands 2 Loot Chest IMHO and will never be available for less than MSRP.

I would also note that IGN's review just came out and they gave it a 9.5. It is definitely going to sell well.

[quote name='bojay1997']The problem is that retailers are no longer ordering massive quantities of expensive CEs. In fact, I believe Best Buy will not be getting additional copies beyond whatever is preordered in each store or for store pickup. I don't think any other brick and mortar retailer except for GS is even carrying this. Every other retailer was on-line only and has been sold out for a while. So while I don't think this is going to become super valuable, it is going to be about as hard to get as the Borderlands 2 Loot Chest IMHO and will never be available for less than MSRP.

I would also note that IGN's review just came out and they gave it a 9.5. It is definitely going to sell well.[/QUOTE]

This will be hard to find but I don't think it will be as difficult as the Loot Chest. I would expect one of the major retailers, if not Fry's, to have it available to order shortly before or after release (albeit limited quantities)

I do agree with you about B&M stores and Collector's editions. Since Black Ops 2 and AC3 released in November I haven't seen a single major retailer carry any physical stock of Collector's Editions---that weren't originally preordered. The only except was Tomb Raider.

I just think they don't want that stuff hanging around taking up shelf space until people pick it up on clearance. I know it sucks for the bargain hunters but I hope it makes the publishers get more creative and make their CE's actually limited or available for preorder only.

[quote name='GBAstar']This will be hard to find but I don't think it will be as difficult as the Loot Chest. I would expect one of the major retailers, if not Fry's, to have it available to order shortly before or after release (albeit limited quantities)

I do agree with you about B&M stores and Collector's editions. Since Black Ops 2 and AC3 released in November I haven't seen a single major retailer carry any physical stock of Collector's Editions---that weren't originally preordered. The only except was Tomb Raider.

I just think they don't want that stuff hanging around taking up shelf space until people pick it up on clearance. I know it sucks for the bargain hunters but I hope it makes the publishers get more creative and make their CE's actually limited or available for preorder only.[/QUOTE]
don't forget about alien colonial marines collectors edition. That will def get clearanced, LOL

[quote name='YBX87']don't forget about alien colonial marines collectors edition. That will def get clearanced, LOL[/QUOTE]

Right. I'm not saying items won't hit clearances but they're not getting carried by physical B&M stores. I think Aliens: CM CE might go as low as $29.99 but it will be on .com sites.

The only place I even saw that was at a GS and again it was unclaimed preorders.

[quote name='GBAstar']Right. I'm not saying items won't hit clearances but they're not getting carried by physical B&M stores. I think Aliens: CM CE might go as low as $29.99 but it will be on .com sites.

The only place I even saw that was at a GS and again it was unclaimed preorders.[/QUOTE]
i think it will probably be gone by then when it hits $29.99, with all the alien franchise fanboys.

[quote name='bojay1997']The problem is that retailers are no longer ordering massive quantities of expensive CEs. In fact, I believe Best Buy will not be getting additional copies beyond whatever is preordered in each store or for store pickup. I don't think any other brick and mortar retailer except for GS is even carrying this. Every other retailer was on-line only and has been sold out for a while. So while I don't think this is going to become super valuable, it is going to be about as hard to get as the Borderlands 2 Loot Chest IMHO and will never be available for less than MSRP.

I would also note that IGN's review just came out and they gave it a 9.5. It is definitely going to sell well.[/QUOTE]
As difficult as the loot chest? I would disagree since the loot chest showed signs of rarity rather early on, and across all platforms. As someone pointed out, it's still available at newegg for the 360 version, simply swap out the game since the statue is individually packaged.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Bioshock infinite premium edition is still available at Amazon.
As for Songbird, I can bet that some of these will appear at launch(cancelled pre-orders etc). Keep an eye at Amazon & gamestop[/QUOTE]

yes it almost always comes back in stock after release..

There will always be the canceled orders but I think they pretend it's out of stock so that when it comes back in stock people are irrational and purchase immediately because they think it's more rare than it is.

[quote name='TooPoor'] As someone pointed out, it's still available at newegg for the 360 version, simply swap out the game since the statue is individually packaged.[/QUOTE]
Not anymore...

[quote name='htz']Not anymore...[/QUOTE]

must have just been someone who canceled. I see that happen often so if you still need it just keep refreshing...

[quote name='TooPoor']I see this is still available as I'm making this post.[/QUOTE]

It's been going in and out for the last three days. I suspect it's because GS has begun authorizing credit cards for shipping and some orders are slowly being cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back