Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Still no sign of mine either, with no tracking number available.[/QUOTE]

Same. Still nothing, was expected by May 7... :cry:

[quote name='shakespeare']Wow...just was told that the carrier has reported it lost in transit...[/QUOTE]

How can the carrier report it as lost if they don't have a tracking number...? I check my Amazon UK box and there's nothing you can track it with.:whistle2:k

[quote name='YBX87']it comes with the steelbook[/QUOTE]

I bought it because the statue was nicer, and it was cheaper.

[quote name='Vinny']How can the carrier report it as lost if they don't have a tracking number...? I check my Amazon UK box and there's nothing you can track it with.:whistle2:k

I bought it because the statue was nicer, and it was cheaper.[/QUOTE]

but it does come with a steelbook like i said

[quote name='blinknot4']Same. Still nothing, was expected by May 7... :cry:[/QUOTE]

Same here, I was supposed to get mine on May 7. At least I'm not the only one still waiting but at this point I don't have much hope that it will actually be delivered.

Got my UK injustice CE couple of days back, but it was in a flimsy box with no protection.
Was badly damaged with the CE box squeezed like hell. The statue had a broken hand & maybe other broken pieces too :cry:
Will try to get this from ebay for a reasonable price if possible

[quote name='YBX87']but it does come with a steelbook like i said[/QUOTE]

Oh, I wasn't trying to say otherwise... just adding my 2 cents to why the PAL CE was better.:)

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Got my UK injustice CE couple of days back, but it was in a flimsy box with no protection.
Was badly damaged with the CE box squeezed like hell. The statue had a broken hand & maybe other broken pieces too :cry:
Will try to get this from ebay for a reasonable price if possible[/QUOTE]

My CE box was slightly crushed too. And the hand from Wonder Woman is detached, but AFAIK, it's supposed to come off. I wasn't going to open mine but with a detached hand, there's no reason to keep it sealed. There's a lot of people in the US have who this, and are selling just the statue or game... you should be able to snag a nice box from eBay.

[quote name='Vinny']Oh, I wasn't trying to say otherwise... just adding my 2 cents to why the PAL CE was better.:)

My CE box was slightly crushed too. And the hand from Wonder Woman is detached, but AFAIK, it's supposed to come off. I wasn't going to open mine but with a detached hand, there's no reason to keep it sealed.[/QUOTE]

i do agree, the uk collectors edition are far superior, more bang for your buck. but then in most cases, all the european collectors edition for games are always superior/ better value than US collectors edition.

[quote name='YBX87']i do agree, the uk collectors edition are far superior, more bang for your buck. but then in most cases, all the european collectors edition for games are always superior/ better value than US collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

Also in this particular case, if you preordered the game at Amazon UK at least, it was actually like $20+ cheaper than the US version. So that was another plus.

[quote name='kintanos']Also in this particular case, if you preordered the game at Amazon UK at least, it was actually like $20+ cheaper than the US version. So that was another plus.[/QUOTE]
unfortunately, with all the horror stories I heard on here from several posters about importing CE from outside of US. THe $20 is just not with the headache.

[quote name='YBX87']unfortunately, with all the horror stories I heard on here from several posters about importing CE from outside of US. THe $20 is just not with the headache.[/QUOTE]

Its because most members chose standard shipping. Its pretty ridiculous though, how much difference $3 makes. No tracking? 3 weeks difference? Id be pissed as hell.

Im still trying to preorder watch dogs dedsec edition via UK. Wont work. Gonna keep trying.

I got my answer right now they lost my shipment and are issuing a refund, man next time I know to pay for upgraded shipping. At least I got the dead island riptide CE no problem with the lowest shipping.

[quote name='pacino408']I got my answer right now they lost my shipment and are issuing a refund, man next time I know to pay for upgraded shipping. At least I got the dead island riptide CE no problem with the lowest shipping.[/QUOTE]

I got the same response. Any chance that it may still come in? That statue looks amazing

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Why did so many people order a UK Injustice CE?[/QUOTE]
Don't tell me you were satisfied with the US CE:whistle2:#

My reply back from amazon was basically wait till the 21st and then contact them back. So no refund yet on mine yet. There has to be some type of hold up though in customs or something though for so many of us to just not have it yet. So who knows? We might get refunds and it show up sometime in the future. Either way, even with the regular shipping my dead island got here before the estimated time, so this is just a goof somewhere.

I didn't order this time, but I have had this happen to me before when ordering internationally. The package was held at customs for almost two months, declared lost, refunded, but arrived eventually.

[quote name='TooPoor']I didn't order this time, but I have had this happen to me before when ordering internationally. The package was held at customs for almost two months, declared lost, refunded, but arrived eventually.[/QUOTE]

Lol nice! Not damaged I assume.

They also told me it may come and if it does to contact them and they will re-charge me. But I got my two emails this morning giving me the 50 pounds(?) back into my account.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Lol nice! Not damaged I assume.[/QUOTE]
Customs did open the outer box, and resealed it using their official tape. So as long as it shipped with an outer box it should be fine.

[quote name='pacino408']They also told me it may come and if it does to contact them and they will re-charge me. But I got my two emails this morning giving me the 50 pounds(?) back into my account.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it comes and you forget to tell them.

Delivery estimate: 7 May 2013.
Nope, no receiving it yet. But refund is processing. Not sure $2.38 US foreign fee is non-refundable when paying through Amex.

Standard shipping.

In non-Injustice UK CE news, Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection :)ps3:) is up for preorder at Amazon for $49.99 with a 7/9 release date, and includes the following:

Metal Gear Solid (PS1 version, so no trophy support, FYI)
Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition (which includes the MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition
Two Ashley Wood digital graphic novels
100 page artbook spanning the 25 year history of Metal Gear Solid :)shock:)

I was honestly expecting at least $69.99, so I might just preorder this (though I'd have to do something about the copy of MGS4 I've had for a couple of years in my backlog #-o). What do you guys think about the value?

Source: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-49-99-on-amazon-given-july-9th-release-date/

Interesting, Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection seems to be a very good deal. :lol: Seeing considering the price for MSG: HD Collection. The digital graphic novels and the 100 Page Artbook sweetens the deal even more imo.

I just have one question: Is it possible that the 100-page artbook is digital? The article doesn't say one way or the other if it's a physical book, but it would explain the oddly low price (though I definitely wouldn't complain if it's just a great deal).

That is a good price for MGS Legacy. I haven't even purchased the HD collection yet but given the number of re-releases and "bundled" games these days, I'll just keep on waiting for this to drop.

[quote name='Vigilante']I just have one question: Is it possible that the 100-page artbook is digital? The article doesn't say one way or the other if it's a physical book, but it would explain the oddly low price (though I definitely wouldn't complain if it's just a great deal).[/QUOTE]

Its been confirmed to be a physical artbook. Imo, a complete no brainer. Preorder since this is going will likely be a limited print and getting it inside a store more than likely means its going to be damaged.

[quote name='finstersucks']Its been confirmed to be a physical artbook. Imo, a complete no brainer. Preorder since this is going will likely be a limited print and getting it inside a store more than likely means its going to be damaged.[/QUOTE]

It appears to be softcover and small (DVD case sized) based on the few pieces of promo art out there. Not sure it's worth rebuying the same games again just for an artbook.

I just preordered KH 1.5 HD and SMT:4

Summer is going to be so fun.

That brings my limited edition collection to 4. Not bad I think

[quote name='tEhLoNeR']I just preordered KH 1.5 HD and SMT:4

That brings my limited edition collection to 4. Not bad I think[/QUOTE]
I think you missed a zero to be considerd as "not bad":booty:

But you will get there. I wasn't collecting CEs before I joined CAG, now I got an entire display shelf (and the shelf was specifically bought for displaying these suckers), and looking for a second shelf.

[quote name='tEhLoNeR']I just preordered KH 1.5 HD and SMT:4

That brings my limited edition collection to 4. Not bad I think[/QUOTE]

Well, you beat me. I only have 3. :lol:

[quote name='TooPoor']I think you missed a zero to be considerd as "not bad":booty:

But you will get there. I wasn't collecting CEs before I joined CAG, now I got an entire display shelf (and the shelf was specifically bought for displaying these suckers), and looking for a second shelf.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just started... 3 of those were bought within the year. Finally having some disposable income really helps too.

Now I'm curious on how big this shelf is... How many CE's do you have there?

[quote name='bojay1997']It appears to be softcover and small (DVD case sized) based on the few pieces of promo art out there. Not sure it's worth rebuying the same games again just for an artbook.[/QUOTE]

Nah, its looks more like the zone of enders hd collection limited edition. A softcover artbook, 2 separate blu ray discs on 1 case, and a packaging.

[quote name='finstersucks']Nah, its looks more like the zone of enders hd collection limited edition. A softcover artbook, 2 separate blu ray discs on 1 case, and a packaging.[/QUOTE]

Please explain how you came to this conclusion. All of the official pictures posted thus far show the art book identical in size to a DVD case. I would love for it to be nicer and bigger, but I doubt that's gonna happen for $50.

[quote name='tEhLoNeR']Yeah I just started... 3 of those were bought within the year. Finally having some disposable income really helps too.

Now I'm curious on how big this shelf is... How many CE's do you have there?[/QUOTE]
About 6 foot something. It's forms a fold so it essentially triples the storage space.
The outside is all glass, I drilled a hole to the back so that I can run wires to provide lighting. The frustrating part is when different CEs have different height, and it is best that you have adjustable racks, but my wife hates shelves with adjustable racks, says they look Ikea-cheap. When you get to that point I can provide some tips if you are space constrained.

Relative to the vets here I just started as well. For some CEs like Skyrim, Diablo III and ULCE I like to lay out the goodies (along with a sealed CE guide) and display another sealed one in the back, so space is killing me now.

USPS dropped off my Injustice UK CE. Box looks like they were playing soccer with it. Luckily the statue is ok in it, and only one corner of the box is crushed in a little.

[quote name='TooPoor']

Relative to the vets here I just started as well. For some CEs like Skyrim, Diablo III and ULCE I like to lay out the goodies (along with a sealed CE guide) and display another sealed one in the back, so space is killing me now.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha... yeah, it sucks when you start to run out of space. It's been a battle for me for the last year or two. I don't have room for my Injustice CE and not sure what I'm going to do next month when my TLS Post Pandemic Edition comes in which is probably going to be as big as Skyrim.

[quote name='Vinny']Hahaha... yeah, it sucks when you start to run out of space. It's been a battle for me for the last year or two. I don't have room for my Injustice CE and not sure what I'm going to do next month when my TLS Post Pandemic Edition comes in which is probably going to be as big as Skyrim.[/QUOTE]
I have the PPE incoming as well. Only one copy though. I don't think it is as high and wide as the Skyrim statue, so shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Not sure if this has been posted but the CE for Xillia is back in stock at Amazon.com.

Lucky I checked it 'cuz I signed up for the email notification when pre-orders would start again but never got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back