Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
can i ask you a question, why are you interested in this collectors edition? do you just want that statue/figure?
There's actually a couple reasons to be interested in this CE besides being a Saint Seiya fan like airblade is. First, it's exclusive to the PS3, and an anime property at that, so it's pretty much guaranteed to have a small amount of the CEs produced. And then there's the figurine you mentioned. Unlike a lot of figurines/statues thrown into CEs, this one actually has a pretty high value. Similar Saint Seiya figurines start out at a minimum of about $65 (and that's only if you buy it straight from the Japanese manufacturer). Besides it's value, the figurine also has a crazy amount of articulation (Pegasus Meteor Fist pose anyone?). And finally, this figure is also part of a series set and people will be able to get their hands on the figure a little earlier before the series officially launches in December 2013.

I'm glad I managed to get my pre-order in because they've already stopped taking them for the Japanese version on play-asia. Of course I'll cancel it in a second if I can viably find a way to pre-order the English version.

There's actually a couple reasons to be interested in this CE besides being a Saint Seiya fan like airblade is. First, it's exclusive to the PS3, and an anime property at that, so it's pretty much guaranteed to have a small amount of the CEs produced. And then there's the figurine you mentioned. Unlike a lot of figurines/statues thrown into CEs, this one actually has a pretty high value. Similar Saint Seiya figurines start out at a minimum of about $65 (and that's only if you buy it straight from the Japanese manufacturer). Besides it's value, the figurine also has a crazy amount of articulation (Pegasus Meteor Fist pose anyone?). And finally, this figure is also part of a series set and people will be able to get their hands on the figure a little earlier before the series officially launches in December 2013.

I'm glad I managed to get my pre-order in because they've already stopped taking them for the Japanese version on play-asia. Of course I'll cancel it in a second if I can viably find a way to pre-order the English version.
Exactly. :bow:

Cdjapan has it for $130

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BLJS-10235

Wow that thing sold out fast. Guess im keeping mine lol
from a twitter by the official saints row company, they said amazon is right now the only official retailer that is carrying the edition. They are still trying to "convince" gamestop, along with other retailers to carry the edition.

[twitter]SaintsRow/status/361955747187269634[/twitter]

from a twitter by the official saints row company, they said amazon is right now the only official retailer that is carrying the edition. They are still trying to "convince" gamestop, along with other retailers to carry the edition.

[twitter]SaintsRow/status/361955747187269634[/twitter]
^ I guess that means that AZ didn't get all 5,000.

I'm really into collecting and kind of kicking myself that I didn't preorder this right away when I saw the thread but SR isn't really a franchise that has the type of following that will pay out the butt for a CE. I mean SR3 only had one CE and those had to be heavily discounted to move units.

Now they've got at least two in the states and even the standard edition is getting a CEish name (Commander in Chief Edition) so I don't really expect demand to be that high.

BUT I've been wrong before.

I'm really into collecting and kind of kicking myself that I didn't preorder this right away when I saw the thread but SR isn't really a franchise that has the type of following that will pay out the butt for a CE. I mean SR3 only had one CE and those had to be heavily discounted to move units.

Now they've got at least two in the states and even the standard edition is getting a CEish name (Commander in Chief Edition) so I don't really expect demand to be that high.

the commander in chief edition are basically first print/run/ shipment editions. It not a collectors edition at all

the commander in chief edition are basically first print/run/ shipment editions. It not a collectors edition at all
^ I know this... that's why I said it has a "CEish name".

and even the standard edition is getting a CEish name

Point being it's a game that people pick up and play and have fun with and forget about. It's not (at least to me) a game that people get all excited about and buy up merchandise and swag. To me it certainly doesn't quite fit into a AAA branding and it falls short of having a cult following too.

^ I know this... that's why I said it has a "CEish name".

Point being it's a game that people pick up and play and have fun with and forget about. It's not (at least to me) a game that people get all excited about and buy up merchandise and swag. To me it certainly doesn't quite fit into a AAA branding and it falls short of having a cult following too.
it because gta brand had dominated the genre of open-world/ sandbox type games, and set the standard. That is why every new open world / sandbox type games will be view as copy-cat / clones of gta.

So today i decided to add one rule to my CE purchases. It MUST come with statues. So i can display them

No statues + very little interest on game= no buy

Decided to sell many CEs on ebay today to make space. Check out my thread in tge auction forum :)

Anyway, the next 3 CEs im excited about are watch dogs, arkham origins, splinter cell blacklist. Im excited as hell for blacklist. Spy cs merc is back!

It seems to me that 5,000 is a pretty conservative estimate for this CE because as you said, it's not quite a AAA title. But I imagine 5,000 would be pretty easy for them to move at least. I'm sure the SR3 CE was made in a significantly higher print run than this one.

If the other retailers don't get a big allotment of the CE, maybe this CE becomes super valuable?

Game's deluxe edition includes the same steelbook, (seems to be the same packaging as the Gears Judgment LE they offered. I have an unboxing of that if anyone is curious =P). I hate it that this steelbook only seems to be released in 7th gen copies of the game so far. There will also be a Futureshop Canada steelbook for the game. Hopefully that will be G2 now that the 8th gen consoles have G2 cases. Essentially, one must buy G1 steelbooks and 7th gen copies of the game in order to keep up with all the steels released for this game. I look forward to this transition period being over.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/battlefield-4-game-exclusive-deluxe-edition-227297?pageSize=20&searchTerm=battlefield%204

Battlefield4Deluxe360Lge.jpg

Yea im only interested in the steelbook. If it comes with a statue, then thats a different story lol.

so much win today. just snagged myself a PS3 version of Deus Ex Human Revolution Collectors Edition for $111 on amazon.co.uk

it comes with an Adam Jensen play arts figure, and a really nice case. the figure alone is worth $150ish now. crossing fingers it doesnt arrive damaged.

I have a 360 though and not a PS3, but the case comes with a slip cover, which I will throw away.

in case you guys are interested (since this is limited and rare, unlike the Augmented Edition), you can get your hands on it from 3rd party sellers at amazon for around and under $150. Most will not ship internationally, but i suggest you contact the seller to make an exception.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deus-Ex-Revolution-Collectors-Edition/dp/B004XH7IC4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1375260955&sr=8-3&keywords=deus+ex+collector%27s+edition

also, like I said earlier, the case comes with a slip cover, so if you have a ps3 and not a 360, just throw it away and replace the discs inside. check out the unboxing videos on youtube.

and since the Adam Jensen figure is not produced anymore, and this edition is limited, the value will go up.

anyway, now i need to get my hands on the Blacklist silver edition. Ill be happy if I can just get the steelbook and figure.

edit: sorry for bad grammar. it's 5am and i'm trying to fall back to sleep, but cant.

SR4: Game of the Generation Edition is sold out already at Amazon. At least for now.

Glad I got my order in. Hope others did too.

Ah damn it and today was payday for me. >__<

If anyone has a spare pre-order I'd be willing to buy it from you within reason.

Ah damn it and today was payday for me. >__<

If anyone has a spare pre-order I'd be willing to buy it from you within reason.
Not to rub it in, but preordering doesn't charge you, so you didn't have to wait for payday.

It might come back, so keep refreshing.

Ah thank Gat! Went to my nearest rite-aid and bought a giftcard as soon as I read the update. Thanks guys.

gamestop.com will have a limited number of SRIv:GotG sometime tonight, according to the official SR Twitter feed. Also you can't preorder the WubWub edition from GS anymore.

not sure when this will be available for preorder 

WWE 2k14

The collector's edition will feature the game and these extras:

* Exclusive Undertaker packaging in the shape of a coffin

* "American Badass" The Undertaker (with special entrance and gear) and The Ultimate Warrior DLC

* Undertaker controller skin

* DVD/Blu-ray feature on The Undertaker

* Collectible art card signed by The Undertaker

BQhiwv3CcAANz9e.jpg

not sure when this will be available for preorder

WWE 2k14

The collector's edition will feature the game and these extras:

* Exclusive Undertaker packaging in the shape of a coffin

* "American Badass" The Undertaker (with special entrance and gear) and The Ultimate Warrior DLC

* Undertaker controller skin

* DVD/Blu-ray feature on The Undertaker

* Collectible art card signed by The Undertaker

BQhiwv3CcAANz9e.jpg
So is this actually going to be available at retailers this time? The Stone Cold edition last year was exclusive to THQ's online store. Will 2K do something similar?

Game's deluxe edition includes the same steelbook, (seems to be the same packaging as the Gears Judgment LE they offered. I have an unboxing of that if anyone is curious =P). I hate it that this steelbook only seems to be released in 7th gen copies of the game so far. There will also be a Futureshop Canada steelbook for the game. Hopefully that will be G2 now that the 8th gen consoles have G2 cases. Essentially, one must buy G1 steelbooks and 7th gen copies of the game in order to keep up with all the steels released for this game. I look forward to this transition period being over.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/battlefield-4-game-exclusive-deluxe-edition-227297?pageSize=20&searchTerm=battlefield%204

Battlefield4Deluxe360Lge.jpg
Is this for US also? This ad is for the PAL version, and they usually get MANY more Steelbooks than the US.

Is this for US also? This ad is for the PAL version, and they usually get MANY more Steelbooks than the US.
Most likely not going to be released in the US. Anyone who is a steel collector is no stranger to importing, though, and Game ships to the US. This is just a smaller, nicer, cheaper alternative to get this steel rather than the CE from the Czech Republic that was posted just before it.

If you cant get the steelbooks here. Try amazon.co.uk for steelbooks. Sometimes theyre cheaper than buying one from ebay.

Im trying to get my hands on an Arkham City steelbook. Theyre sold for around 7 pounds. Problem is most sellers didnt set their listings to allow international buyers, so im contacting them one by one.

I managed to convince a seller to ship deus ex HR CE (non augmented edition) internationally.

So is this actually going to be available at retailers this time? The Stone Cold edition last year was exclusive to THQ's online store. Will 2K do something similar?
It's at Amazon right now. $100 tag on it. I don't feel it's worth it as it doesn't come with Fan Axxess pass. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind later.

I ordered 3 of the tales of xillia collectors edition on amazon. The order confirmation I got says I ordered 3 of them. I went to my order details and it was changed to 1. I never got a notice from amazon that they changed my order, did this happen to anyone else that bought more than 1 of them or was it just me?

I ordered 3 of the tales of xillia collectors edition on amazon. The order confirmation I got says I ordered 3 of them. I went to my order details and it was changed to 1. I never got a notice from amazon that they changed my order, did this happen to anyone else that bought more than 1 of them or was it just me?
That happened to a number of people I believe.

thanks for letting me know.. do you have a link of where people were talking about it? I'm trying to decide if I should contact amazon about it or just leave it alone and deal with it.
Here you go starting at Post #36. It looks like they went after people that ordered 3 in one order and reduced them to one. People that did three separate orders or apparently ordered just 2 are fine.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316994-tales-of-xillia-collectors-edition-newegg-out-of-stockdiscontinued/page-2

Here you go starting at Post #36. It looks like they went after people that ordered 3 in one order and reduced them to one. People that did three separate orders or apparently ordered just 2 are fine.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/316994-tales-of-xillia-collectors-edition-newegg-out-of-stockdiscontinued/page-2
Thanks for that.. i've never seen amazon do that before, looks like they sold a lot more than they plan on getting. If amazon is editing people's orders I would think this will be rare. I would have at least appreciated an email as i've had the order for months and just now found out about this. I also had already paid for 3 with a gift card and I have no idea if the gift card was credited back to me I just didn't notice and already spent it or if they just took the money.

Changed to one order? Or totally cancelled?. I had 2 orders for months and no problem
I had one order of 3 games, they changed it to 1 game without any notification. They did not cancel the order.

gamestop.com will have a limited number of SRIv:GotG sometime tonight, according to the official SR Twitter feed. Also you can't preorder the WubWub edition from GS anymore.

Guess ill try to order in store, rather there than Amazon

the generation edition is not up yet, not until later tonight probably

I already ordered at Amazon. I want at GS instead

same here, i got tons of credit at gs i want to use
Now live:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/saints-row-iv-emperor-zinyaks-game-of-the-generation-edition/111075

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back