Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
This is funny, I'd actually seen a tempting copy of Oblivion 4 GotY @ K-mart today, and I figured it might be the time since I hadn't bit on it yet, but this seems like the perfect chance to jump in (much like I did with the GoW Triple Pack). Not a bad deal in the least, thanks for posting.

I've been browsing bestheda's forums and still couldn't come up with an answer on whether or not there's trophies implemented.

Too bad there's no pocket guide like the original CE, from what I've seen its was a nice backstory book. Couldn't care less about the coin. And I really hope the coupon doesn't need the guide with it, or that you can pick the HC Skyrim guide at least.

Games like this I tend to want all the variations...Like Space Quest, Space Quest 2, and Hero's Quest 1/Quest for Gory 1. So I will be buying this.

[quote name='Pride7ds']Not sure how good this price is but Splinter Cell: Conviction CE for 360 is $33.25 at Amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Clancys-Splin...5LQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306073888&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Not bad, considering vanilla version is $20 pretty much everywhere, and it was a good game.
Considering the extras, if you were holding out, now's the time to bite.

Also, the Xbox 360 AvP: Hunter Edition (which I have been eyeing, but lack the funds for ;_; ) has been $38ish for a while, instead of $99.99 MSRP. It kills me because I've seen the game for $20 new, but the extras seem worth the extra $20, and even if your facehugger model comes broken you can have it replaced for free.

[quote name='popaloo']I've been browsing bestheda's forums and still couldn't come up with an answer on whether or not there's trophies implemented.[/QUOTE]

No, there haven't been.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The disc included is the same as the GOTY edition I believe so I doubt anything has changed on the Trophy front[/QUOTE]
This is the first game ever re-released like this... Technically it's introduced as a "new" game (new edition, aiming at new or old fans) so it should have trophy supports. Then again, it's an old game slapped in new packing, a game released before the trophy requirement. The collector in me want to get it, but I really want trophies too...

Well, finally pre-ordered Catherine and Agarest War. Heres to hoping for some good Blockbuster flips to get some Amazon Gift Cards at Best Buy.

wow, i didn't even know about the elder scrolls anniversary edition. def hoping it pops up on amazon soon.

sori if did it wrong
i editied the first page under Catherine b/c Gamestop now allows for pre-order of the deluxe edition on both systems
already put down $10

[quote name='eau']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/24/infamous-2-hero-edition-the-unboxing/[/QUOTE]

So how "rare" is this one? Really I just want the bag. Judging by the Killzone 3 bundles I see everywhere, I should be fine, right?

As much as I love collector's edition for the swag and developer commentary, I feel like the publishers have abused our trust and are just trying to help their bottom line by milking the games that can afford this stuff now. Thanks to CAG, I have smartened up and waited for cheaper prices, but I liked it when I could limited editions that would actually be "limited." It made me feel special. :cry:

[quote name='Brother Daz']Its up on Amazon now for pre-order

Xbox

PS3

PC[/QUOTE]
Ordered one thanks, I never played Oblivion good thing I held off for so long, the steelbook is a bonus :)

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine Collector's Edition announced through G4 and confirmed on THQ's storefront.

[quote name='Namzor']Warhammer 40K: Space Marine Collector's Edition announced through G4 and confirmed on THQ's storefront.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Here's a link for lazy folks like me

http://store.thq.com/store/thq/en_US/pd/productID.230211700#purchaseDetails

From G4:
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, THQ's upcoming third-person action shooter will be getting the Collector's Edition treatment this September, and select retailers will be offering different pre-order bonuses as well. The niftiest of the bunch? PC gamers who purchase digital versions from select retailers will get a free copy of Darksiders. Despite our own review, I loved that game.
Here's what you get with the Collector's Edition, available exclusively at THQ's webstore.:

• 10” replica Purity Seal
  • Glossy hardback art book
  • Official Space Marine soundtrack
  • Premium pack of 25 foiled character information cards
  • A copy of the game, packaged together in a premium box set.
The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 editions are available for $99.99 and the PC edition for $79.99. Head on beyond the break to see what different retailers will be offering as bonus items.

warhammer-40000-space-marine-collectors-edition-pre-order-bonuses-announced.jpg

Damn, I love Warhammer 40k (back from the table top game, pre everything else) and I don't want to have to spend anymore money at this time. Oh well, FOR THE EMPEROR!

[quote name='Namzor']You should probably link all the preorder bonuses from the G4 website.[/QUOTE]

I updated my post. Thanks for the suggestion. I was having trouble finding the details on THQ's US site.

Ill save the people a trip to the G4 website.

Other exclusive pre-order offers include unique multiplayer weapon and armor skins which will allow loyal Space Marine fans to distinguish themselves further on the battlefield.

• The Emperor’s Elite Pack, only available at Gamestop, includes the unique Space Wolves and Black Templar chapter armor skins
  • For players who prefer the nefarious forces of Chaos, The Traitor Legion Pack includes the complete armor sets for the Iron Warriors and Emperor’s Children and is only available at Best Buy.
  • The Golden Relic Chainsword, the primary close combat weapon for Space Marines, is only available at Amazon.com
  • The Golden Relic Bolter, a powerful ranged combat weapon, is only available at Walmart.
  • PC Gamers can celebrate their love of the Dawn of War series by donning themselves in the iconic red and bone colored armor of the Blood Ravens Chapter as well as receiving a FREE copy of Darksiders on PC when they pre-order the PC game through Steam.
  • PC Gamers also have the choice of pre-ordering their copy of Space Marine through THQ’s E-Store to get an exclusive PowerSword weapon for multiplayer.
  • Finally PC Gamers who choose to buy a digital copy of Space Marine through select digital retailers will be offered a FREE copy of Darksiders on PC.

Just a note for everyone planning on buying the DNF Balls of Steel edition: the Duke bust that comes with it is only 5 inches tall. This coupled with the fact that Amazon is still taking pre-orders on all versions of the game made me decide to cancel my pre-order and wait for a price drop.

[quote name='Namzor']Ill save the people a trip to the G4 website.

Other exclusive pre-order offers include unique multiplayer weapon and armor skins which will allow loyal Space Marine fans to distinguish themselves further on the battlefield.

• The Emperor’s Elite Pack, only available at Gamestop, includes the unique Space Wolves and Black Templar chapter armor skins
  • For players who prefer the nefarious forces of Chaos, The Traitor Legion Pack includes the complete armor sets for the Iron Warriors and Emperor’s Children and is only available at Best Buy.
  • The Golden Relic Chainsword, the primary close combat weapon for Space Marines, is only available at Amazon.com
  • The Golden Relic Bolter, a powerful ranged combat weapon, is only available at Walmart.
  • PC Gamers can celebrate their love of the Dawn of War series by donning themselves in the iconic red and bone colored armor of the Blood Ravens Chapter as well as receiving a FREE copy of Darksiders on PC when they pre-order the PC game through Steam.
  • PC Gamers also have the choice of pre-ordering their copy of Space Marine through THQ’s E-Store to get an exclusive PowerSword weapon for multiplayer.
  • Finally PC Gamers who choose to buy a digital copy of Space Marine through select digital retailers will be offered a FREE copy of Darksiders on PC.
[/QUOTE]
I'm getting sick of this retailer-exclusive preorder bullshit. First Mortal Kombat, then Gears 3, now this, and coming soon, Ratchet and Clank all 4 one. At least with Ratchet, it is just an early unlock instead of impossible to get the item without buying four copies of the game.

In most cases the exclusive in-game items end up becoming available to everyone at some point. And they rarely have any meaningful impact on the game itself, so it's really just a matter of whether you want to drive yourself crazy by being an completionist that obsessively collects things that have little real value.

The only things that matter to me are things like the "free game" bonuses which have measurable value.

Yeah this preorder bullshit is really annoying me as well. I will give you a huge case in point. Check Amazon UK for the Dungeon Siege 3 "Limited Edition", its a European exclusive that for a cheaper price than the normal edition across all platforms, gives them all of our so-called "exclusive" preorder DLC from all our stores, included with the game already......... Now that pisses me off.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I'm getting sick of this retailer-exclusive preorder bullshit. First Mortal Kombat, then Gears 3, now this, and coming soon, Ratchet and Clank all 4 one. At least with Ratchet, it is just an early unlock instead of impossible to get the item without buying four copies of the game.[/QUOTE]

I am too. At least now publishers realize the money to be made in putting them on XBL/PSN so your best bet is to toss them up on eBay right away.

All of the Mortal Kombat preorder DLC is comoing to XBL/PSN and soon...

I would like to have the Space Marine CE but I don't see myself paying an extra 40+ dollars (no free shipping) for it when the THQ won't even give me any sort of preorder DLC bonus for my platform of choice.

*drool*

I love R3's cover art. I would absolutely love to have a steelbook version of it. Some of the other stuff is pretty funny, though I wouldn't really mind the toy soldiers, lol

Gosh, I want that. I'm guessing they'd charge $100+ since it's not your simple "here's exclusive DLC" bundles. Certainly hope it's offered state side.

If Killzone 3 Helghast Edition is any indication, Sony probably will publish a surplus of these that will need to be discounted. Here's to hoping, right?

The Resistance 3 SE looks good, but another UK exclusive :whistle2:( I don't mind, but the online contents don't always 100% work. I'll stick to the US releases, thanks for the info though.

Well knowing Sony they will shaft "US" on our LE/SE, if they even give us one. I love the contents of the Survivor edition and with an included Steelbook this might be worth importing.

Heck, if we don't get something of equal value then I'm going to hold off on getting this game on release date.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I am too. At least now publishers realize the money to be made in putting them on XBL/PSN so your best bet is to toss them up on eBay right away.

All of the Mortal Kombat preorder DLC is comoing to XBL/PSN and soon...

I would like to have the Space Marine CE but I don't see myself paying an extra 40+ dollars (no free shipping) for it when the THQ won't even give me any sort of preorder DLC bonus for my platform of choice.[/QUOTE]
Motherfucker Resistance 3 is doing it too. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...medium=social&utm_campaign=R3_preorder_052611

Meanwhile, Europe gets all that shit nicely bundled in a SE or LE package.

The US should get an R3 CE of its own, and it'll likely include a "super DLC" pass like all the other PS3 CE's that were announced so far (LBP2, KZ3, and inFamous 2)

Looks like some other places (Like Australia and Germany), are getting a Special Edition of Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time

Been trying to find a picture, but it comes with an Ocarina, a song book, and a few other things.

On a side note, looks like Gamestop FINALLY added Catherine's LE to thier Site/Store systems

[quote name='dgwillia006']Looks like some other places (Like Australia and Germany), are getting a Special Edition of Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time

Been trying to find a picture, but it comes with an Ocarina, a song book, and a few other things.

On a side note, looks like Gamestop FINALLY added Catherine's LE to thier Site/Store systems[/QUOTE]

Ah. Been reading about this for a couple of days. Forgot I should post it here.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS with an actual Ocarina:

http://kotaku.com/5805347/this-version-of-ocarina-of-time-comes-with-an-actual-ocarina

And Europe appears to get cooler cases:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/05/ocarina-of-time-puts-those-new-3ds-cases-to-good-use/

GameStops near me have stopped taking pre-orders for the inFamous 2 Hero Edition because they hit their allotment.

Someone else should call their local stores and check! I'm wondering if I should actually put a pre-order down for it at this point...

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']GameStops near me have stopped taking pre-orders for the inFamous 2 Hero Edition because they hit their allotment.

Someone else should call their local stores and check! I'm wondering if I should actually put a pre-order down for it at this point...[/QUOTE]

Depends? Do you actually want it? If so, then yes, if not, then meh. Doesnt really seem like its worth the price to me personally.

On a side note, i cancelled my Amazon order of Agarest Zero LE and pre-ordered it in Gamestop, along with Catherine LE (For 360). Kept my Amazon order for the PS3 LE version of Catherine though.

Though, im kicking myself for not pre-ordering Gear's 3 Limited Edition sooner. Guess ill just get it from Amazon or Best Buy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back