Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
In the past year I have become quite a little CE/LE collector due to CAG shenanigans. I preordered ME3 CE as soon as it popped up. I was going to do the same for Skyrim because, like ME, I love the series.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the $150 price tag. Oh and did not preorder it

[quote name='iggypop123']150? might end up like the black ops one, uber cheap after 8 months.[/QUOTE]

Ubber cheap as in still in the $100 range? I struck a gold mine buying 2 of these from gohastings at 30 bucksa pop. Sold just the codes for 75 and 85 bucks.

Hardcore Oblivion fans will probably buy it anyway, but who else would pay $150 for a statue, art book and soundtrack? The only 150 ubber editions I can think of are Reach and Black Opps. Both had exlusive miltiplayer codes that were the most prized items in the ubber editions, something that this CE lacks. $100 would have been a fine price.

$150 for that?

I like blizzard's CEs. for example;

Starcraft 2 was $100 for the CE ( $40 more than regular), and it came with art book, soundtrack, making of dvd, a unique USB drive that came with the starcraft 1 already on it (a $25 value alone for the game..) unique ingame stuff and a pet for WoW.

Now that is actually worth it, but $90 more for a statue and a map? no thanks.

to be honest, when i read the news about the CE on gametrailers i assumed it would be $100. but then i read further and saw that its $150.

bitches be MAD SON!

I was waiting for Skyrim CE information. 60 bucks seems fine for me. If the statue spoke, then maybe I wouuld get it :p.

[quote name='pigeon12']I was waiting for Skyrim CE information. 60 bucks seems fine for me. If the statue spoke, then maybe I wouuld get it :p.[/QUOTE]

But if the statue spoke we'd all die due to the effects.

I'm pretty disappointed by the price point for Skyrim CE. I hope it comes to Target. I'd love to pick it up under $37 after final clearance and discount.

you guys have no idea how tempted i am to buy that CE on release day... the fact that gamestop news claims that it is in "extremely limited quantities"..

son of a bitch!

[quote name='sdclippers']Even if it is, that alone shouldn't justify the purchase[/QUOTE]

the only justification i need is... the fact that.. its a collectors edition...

trust me im no sucker for CEs.. but when it comes to CEs of the games im hyped for.. i just get sucked in..

ughhhhguorbgorubgoubgoaubg ok i wont buy it.. i fucking wont! im gonna wank to get rid my stress over this...

edit: do you guys remember when batman AC CE was "on sale" for 59.99? do you guys think it happened because no one preordered it at regular price? what if no one preorders this and amazon decides to cut it to $100? :lol::lol::lol: amazon you better do that shit motherfucker!

[quote name='giantqtipz']the only justification i need is... the fact that.. its a collectors edition...

trust me im no sucker for CEs.. but when it comes to CEs of the games im hyped for.. i just get sucked in..

ughhhhguorbgorubgoubgoaubg ok i wont buy it.. i fucking wont! im gonna wank to get rid my stress over this...

edit: do you guys remember when batman AC CE was "on sale" for 59.99? do you guys think it happened because no one preordered it at regular price? what if no one preorders this and amazon decides to cut it to $100? :lol::lol::lol: amazon you better do that shit motherfucker![/QUOTE]
Yeah I got 2 of the Batman CE but it really doesn't look like it's worth much more than that. The CE doesnt come with a game case ffs. The game slides into a sleeve in the art book.

CEs are just a joke nowadays. And it sucks when something actually collectible/rare comes along because you'd never know it until it's too late.

I'd love the Skyrim CE but these 149.99 CEs seem like such a horrible deal unless they will actually be limited. Anyone know if Bethesda or anyone has commented on the actual number made.

I'd happily pay 70-80 for it because I love he series but this is another case of only half the CE really appealing to me. Love the artbook, no room for the statue.

Given how "limited" Oblivion 5th was... I'm not gonna buy this at $150 :/

Hopefully I can find it for $60 down the road like Halo 3 and Reach Legendaries.

im contemplating on canceling my ps vita preorder and allocating the gift cards towards the Skyrim CE. thats how bad i want it. omfg that "EXTREMELY limited quantities" gimmick is getting me all worked up. holy shit dude...

edit: and im working on a paper too so im going to be on the computer for the entire weekend. that shit isnt gonna help me cope either

The artbook in the Skyrim CE does look much larger than your typical included artbook. It looks more like the types that are sold separately for $30 and up.. I still think they should have added one or two things to really make it worth it. A soundtrack, or some DLC or something.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Skyrim CE not worth $150 for me. Hope it'll drop down like so many other CE's have recently...[/QUOTE]

i hope its not "EXTREMELY" limited

is anyone here going to buy this thing? the size of the artbook and statue dont make this worth it? 12" statue and 9x7" book?

I'm usually a collector's edition guy, but Gears 3, War in the North (Which is missing from the list.) AND Skyrim have all been huge disappointments for what you're getting for the price.

Anyone have a recommendation for importing the Resistance 3 LE that Europe is getting and whether or not region coding is going to be an issue for that game?

[quote name='vomder']Anyone have a recommendation for importing the Resistance 3 LE that Europe is getting and whether or not region coding is going to be an issue for that game?[/QUOTE]

Second this. I've been eyeballing that Survival Edition of the game for awhile now. Region coding is only an issue for DLC, the game will play fine on any PS3.

Also, info regarding the UK Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time CE would be appreciated as well.

I wish the US Arkham City CE didn't come with an animated feature film that's already been out since 2008 and is a DVD copy to boot. That's pretty weak. How about a digital download of Batman: Year One maybe?

Wow... that Skyrim CE seems like a huge ripoff for $150. I mean, that Artbook looks nice as does the dragon PVC statue but I can't imagine those two things costing an additional $90.

im sold. preordered it. gonna apply gift cards as i go. hope i can cut the cost down to at least $80..

just applied $6 bucks and there is still some tax left over

[quote name='spideymike']I wish the US Arkham City CE didn't come with an animated feature film that's already been out since 2008 and is a DVD copy to boot. That's pretty weak. How about a digital download of Batman: Year One maybe?[/QUOTE]

It's odd that it's not on Blu-ray for the PS3 (unless it is?) since the EU CE will have Batman Under the Red Hood on Blu in the CE

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's odd that it's not on Blu-ray for the PS3 (unless it is?) since the EU CE will have Batman Under the Red Hood on Blu in the CE[/QUOTE]

I just got the BR version of Gothan Knight for $5 last year at Wal-Mart post Black Friday. I also got Under the Red Hood on BR for about that much too come to think of it. Either way, it's an unnecessary bonus item for Bat-fans who probably already own the movies. I would have rather gotten a hardcover copy of the Arkham City graphic novel from DC Comics.

sorry if this was mentioned before during the thread but i didnt see it on the main OP but i just saw if you pre-purchase Deus Ex Human Revolution from Gamestop on PC Digital Standard or Augmented edition you get Deus Ex: GOTY edition and Deus Ex: Invisible War for free.
again im sorry if it was mentioned before.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Uncharted 3 CE unboxed by Nolan North. It's presented really nicely, and the steelbook looks very nice. Nolan is quite the character himself, I still think they should just use him for the movie (if there will still be one made)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCC7ZZILapY[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was fantastic. I can barely rationalize getting a 100$ CE but Uncharted is as close as I'm gonna get. Any idea if its actually limited?

[quote name='Fatbot3']Wow, that was fantastic. I can barely rationalize getting a 100$ CE but Uncharted is as close as I'm gonna get. Any idea if its actually limited?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know that as well. I'm ready to pull the trigger now and just pre-order, but I can't help but feel like this might be the Helghiest Edition all over again. Makes me wish all LE/CE/SE were truly limited, that way early adaptors could buy with confidence and not worry about losing money later to some firesale:cry:

[quote name='Animekatt']I tried to add this to the wiki, but I guess the post got too long.

Batman: Arkham City Collector's Edition
(PS3/360)

batmanarkhamcity.jpg

Release: October 18
Price:
$99.99
Includes:

• Custom Batman statue produced by Kotobukiya
  • Collectible art book
  • Early access to the Iceberg Lounge Challenge Map and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns skin
  • Batman: Arkham City album from WaterTower Music including original songs by hit artists, available via digital redemption
  • Bonus DC Universe animated original movie, Batman: Gotham Knight
  • Four collectible cards

Where to buy:
BestBuy
GameStop
[/QUOTE]

No steel case? And some where saying not even a regular game case?

Assassin's Creed Revelations ULTIMATE EDITION

fuck that... played AC2 and man it was so easy.. especially when you can carry a lot of potions and your heatlh bar expands tremendously.

"Gamestop announced today some details on their Assassin’s Creed: Revelations – Ultimate Edition. Essentially, it will consist of the pre-order-exclusive Signature Edition content plus a plastic statue of Ezio and DaVinci’s flying machine.

The price tag? $90 and $100 for PC and consoles respectively. That’s $20-per-plastic-toy before you reach for a calculator. Since the Signature Edition is, y’know free with pre-order."

ac-revelations-ultimate.jpg

[quote name='shrike4242']Let's hope this Assassin's Creed Revelations CE isn't a GS exclusive.[/QUOTE]
It is, and I don't understand WTF is wrong with Ubisoft and CE's. They never bring over the EU ones they've had and they're almost always superior. In this case, we get two more toys whereas they get an art book chronicling the events so far. DO NOT WANT!

For all of these so called "limited" editions just wait a month and a half and they will be almost half off. These things are so over produced that their value drops below the standerd edition of the same game very quickly.

[quote name='dallas riley']No steel case? And some where saying not even a regular game case?[/QUOTE]

Yea I thought that it would come with those cases without the bar code on the back. My gamestop does give cases for games if I brought a game without the original case from there. Why don't you try that

i just got fable 3 limited edition @ gamestop. It had the preowned sticker on it and also i am friends with the manger so its worth double checking

[quote name='Jodou']It is, and I don't understand WTF is wrong with Ubisoft and CE's. They never bring over the EU ones they've had and they're almost always superior. In this case, we get two more toys whereas they get an art book chronicling the events so far. DO NOT WANT![/QUOTE]

Revelations "ultimate bundle" doesn't really belong in this thread. It's not a collector's edition, but just the Signature Edition along with two separately boxed toys that Gamestop is selling separately as well. You're basically saving $15 off MSRP for the two toys if you buy them with the game.

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/toys/assassins-creed-brotherhood-7-inch-ezio/92958

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/toys/a...incis-flying-machine-gamestop-exclusive/92944

[quote name='Jodou']It is, and I don't understand WTF is wrong with Ubisoft and CE's. They never bring over the EU ones they've had and they're almost always superior. In this case, we get two more toys whereas they get an art book chronicling the events so far. DO NOT WANT![/QUOTE]

Agreed. I am still pissed we are not getting the Animus Edition. :bomb:

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland Premium Edition (PS3)

a-totori_big_prem.jpg

Release Date: September 27, 2011
Price: $59.99

Atelier Totori Premium Set Includes:
• Atelier Totori Premium Box
- Atelier Totori for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook (+30 pages)
- Atelier Totori OST

• FREE Bonus 18"x24" double-sided poster while supplies last! (NISA Store Exclusive) This poster is made of tear-resistant and waterproof paper, whose creases will appear fainter with time. Once this poster is out, we will not be restocking this bonus item. We will note here when the poster is no longer available.

Where to Buy:
NISA Store
Amazon

[quote name='dallas riley']Is that Uncharted 3 steel case the same size as normal ps3 cases?[/QUOTE]

most likely G1 sized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back