Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is worried about damage from shipping for the FF steelbook, steelbooks are kinda a big thing over in Europe, so Amazon knows to ship them well. I ordered 4 blurays steelbooks from amazon.de just recently. It came in 1 big cardboard enclosure, not a box but more like a wraparound enclosure. Inside was 4 individual boxes. Inside each box was 1 bluray wrapped in bubble wrap. Postal service actually just came by as i was typing this and dropped off a small box with a single steelbook packaged well. So 5 for 5 perfect steelbooks.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I think iNCREDiPiNOY wants to start the group.

PM him about it :p[/QUOTE]

Well if it's him or yourself, I want 2 PS3 copies now actually :p Hope you guys organize this fast. Don't want to find out that it's sold out on amazon.de or something and than our hopes get dashed.

A massive, massive fucking warning to anyone picking up Skyward Sword CE at BBY (or any other retailer that does this).

Their yellow stickers with the price on them are impossible to take off. They put them over the holofoil part of the packaging, and it'll rip the gold right off it when you try to peel the sticker off leaving you with a square of silver....

[quote name='ssjmichael']ugh that sucks. I hate when they do stuff like that[/QUOTE]
Indeed. Reminds me of all those CE's of various games that Best Buy ruins with security cable. They tighten the cable so much that it destroys the packaging.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Indeed. Reminds me of all those CE's of various games that Best Buy ruins with security cable. They tighten the cable so much that it destroys the packaging.[/QUOTE]Uh-oh...Maybe my preordering the FFXIII-2 CE at BBY wasn't such a good idea, then...

At least I have my Amazon preorder as a back-up. :)

Don't think they cable the pre-orders though, just some floor stuff. It should be safe. Also I think most of the stores moved to that plastic shell, if the game fits that is.

[quote name='namzor']don't think they cable the pre-orders though, just some floor stuff. It should be safe. Also i think most of the stores moved to that plastic shell, if the game fits that is.[/quote]
this.

A bit pricey, but it comes with some cool stuff. Will add to the op in a bit, thanks Z

edit: Added!

Max Payne 3 - Special Edition (PS3/360)

This Special edition is for Pre-orders only and will supposedly be cut off on Jan. 15th

maxpayne3special.jpg

Includes:[HIDDENLIST]

• 10" Max Payne Statue
  • Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons pack (DLC)
  • Classic Multiplayer Character Pack (DLC)
  • Bullet-shaped Keychain
  • Original Still-Life Art Prints
  • Official Soundtrack
[/HIDDENLIST]
Release: 03/13/2012
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Amazon

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Max Payne 3 is getting a CE. They are supposedly cutting off pre-orders on Jan 15th. I think I might have to snag one of these, especially on Amazon and if it looks like it isn't rare, just cancel it and get it at another time after a price drop.[/QUOTE]Damn, if they had a 70-80 dollar version without a statue I would be very tempted... but 100 bucks is just too pricey for me.

Very cool for those who want/need it. :)

[quote name='ssjmichael']A bit pricey, but it comes with some cool stuff. Will add to the op in a bit, thanks Z

[/QUOTE]

I agree a bit pricey. However since Amazon is pretty much no hassle to cancel pre-orders, I will lock mine in right now and if it truly is cut off when they say it is and it rockets in price I keep it. If they end up lying about the print run (like everyone seems to do *looks at Atlus) then I shall cancel. :)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']A massive, massive fucking warning to anyone picking up Skyward Sword CE at BBY (or any other retailer that does this).

Their yellow stickers with the price on them are impossible to take off. They put them over the holofoil part of the packaging, and it'll rip the gold right off it when you try to peel the sticker off leaving you with a square of silver....[/QUOTE]

Yup, my copy from Fry's is also like that.

I got my Zelda SS CE from K-mart, minty mint :)

Pre-ordered the Max Payne 3 SE for $100... Better lock in now than regret later, Jan 15th deadline, wow, they're really pushing the envelope this time.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I agree a bit pricey. However since Amazon is pretty much no hassle to cancel pre-orders, I will lock mine in right now and if it truly is cut off when they say it is and it rockets in price I keep it. If they end up lying about the print run (like everyone seems to do *looks at Atlus) then I shall cancel. :)[/QUOTE]

My plan exactly! Too easy on Amazon to just lock in, not worry about being charged and just cancel later, they make it so hassle free. And yeah the pizza box edition for Catherine is STILL available on Amazon to order, so I've been playing it by ear lately on these CE/LE/SE's. It's why I didn't order the Skyrim or Uncharted CE's yet, as I don't see stock depleting too fast, so I feel comfortable waiting out the eventual drops. Hope that happens sometime in next 7 days;)

[quote name='Trueblade']If there is a group order for just the steelbook of FF XIII-2, let me know.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

i have question, is the tekken hybrid CE will be limited print just like MGS HD CE? i just cancel the kof preorders as the ost will still be available after release...wondering should i cancel tekken hybrid CE to wait for price drop...

too many of these collections have stuff in games. i would rather have physical things not digital, especially since its just made up to avoid buying used games.

[quote name='Astroranagun']i have question, is the tekken hybrid CE will be limited print just like MGS HD CE? i just cancel the kof preorders as the ost will still be available after release...wondering should i cancel tekken hybrid CE to wait for price drop...[/QUOTE]

That's a tough one to answer because you honestly never know, but history can help us some with this one. To my knowledge, no fighting game CE's have sold out during the launch window (sure someone will correct if otherwise), so you have a pretty good chance of waiting it out. Seems only occasional big name games (like MW3 recently but back in stock) or RPG's that have special editions, sell out quickly and that being a combination of low print run and/or high demand.

On the other hand, the Tekken LE is PS3 only, so you have to factor that in when thinking about stock levels and that it's only the price of a normal X360/PS3 new release. This might aid in depleting stock faster or maybe nobody cares about Tekken and you'd have a chance on waiting for a drop. Personally, there's nothing better than a LE/CE/SE priced at the normal amount of a new release, so for only $60, I'll be picking mine up tomorrow. The $100+ editions are the ones sometimes worth waiting on.

[quote name='Jodou']Figured I'd post this here as well for anyone wanting the FFXIII-2 steelbook. Amazon.de has it for ~$27 shipped. It comes with the DLC codes (I doubt they work for the US), three lithograph cards, and BB pre-order book (obviously in German though) as well.

I should also note that this is sold and shipped by Amazon.de, not a third party seller.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering about this, it really is the same pre-order book as Best Buy? And it's not an artbook, but a inbetween games filler information, so the German matters?

I was thinking Amazon pre-order ($80) + this ($27-30) would get you everything, including the steelbook most important part. This the best way to go if you want a steelbook (and physical bonuses like full soundtrack)?

[quote name='GreenSpark']That's a tough one to answer because you honestly never know, but history can help us some with this one. To my knowledge, no fighting game CE's have sold out during the launch window (sure someone will correct if otherwise), so you have a pretty good chance of waiting it out. Seems only occasional big name games (like MW3 recently but back in stock) or RPG's that have special editions, sell out quickly and that being a combination of low print run and/or high demand.

On the other hand, the Tekken LE is PS3 only, so you have to factor that in when thinking about stock levels and that it's only the price of a normal X360/PS3 new release. This might aid in depleting stock faster or maybe nobody cares about Tekken and you'd have a chance on waiting for a drop. Personally, there's nothing better than a LE/CE/SE priced at the normal amount of a new release, so for only $60, I'll be picking mine up tomorrow. The $100+ editions are the ones sometimes worth waiting on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your advice :) and wondering should i pick up the $80 price point of mgs HD LE from gamestop? lol like the artbook thou...

[quote name='Astroranagun']Thanks for your advice :) and wondering should i pick up the $80 price point of mgs HD LE from gamestop? lol like the artbook thou...[/QUOTE]

Yes. It is OOS everywhere and there are no indications of it getting a reprint.

hmm... anyone know if the crystal edition from amazon.de will be in german? I assume it will be considering my sonic generations is too... but holding onto hope lol

Does anyone know what the big deal with Best Buy stores lately? I tried to use that pre-order machine to reserve the Collector's Edition of FFXIII-2, but that machine never seem to have that available to reserve despite the original version being reserveable, and I went through three different BB stores having the same result.

It'd probably be easier to reserve it online, but I prefer to reserve a copy in-store with a portion of money rather than paying in full.

You can just give them the SKU to pre-order it... XIII-2 isn't in their system yet that you can print out the slip or anything.

I don't have the SKU for it off the top of my head, but someone kindly posted the PS3 one in... some thread. Sorry, you gotta dig for it >.>

Not like looking it up online is a difficult thing. Still, do I just come up to the customer service with my printed paper of the game's site (with SKU) and ask them to make a five-dollar reservation?

The SKU online isn't the same. That one forces you to pay $79.99, and I'm not sure if that even counts as a 'pre-order'.

But yeah, if you know it just give it to them and they'll punch it in. Works the same way.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I've been wondering about this, it really is the same pre-order book as Best Buy? And it's not an artbook, but a inbetween games filler information, so the German matters?

I was thinking Amazon pre-order ($80) + this ($27-30) would get you everything, including the steelbook most important part. This the best way to go if you want a steelbook (and physical bonuses like full soundtrack)?[/QUOTE]It's advertised as the Novelle, which I'd have to assume is the exact same thing BB is getting since that's normally how these chopped up bonuses work in the US.
[quote name='vashtheowner']May be a stupid question, but if we order that FF XIII-2 steelbook will it be charged as soon as the order is placed or when it is shipped?[/QUOTE]
Shipped.

[quote name='Devulture']Not like looking it up online is a difficult thing. Still, do I just come up to the customer service with my printed paper of the game's site (with SKU) and ask them to make a five-dollar reservation?[/QUOTE]Like PrinnyOtaku said, that SKU applies to the full $79.99-priced version, but based on what the employees at my BBY said, you can't just pay $5 of that to reserve your copy--you would have to pay the entire amount, unfortunately.

The (very) helpful employees at my BBY spent nearly 30 minutes trying to help me reserve the FFXIII-2 CE for PS3 and were hopefully successful--my receipt reads "PS-PS3-FINAL FANTASY XIII PRE", so there's no way to verify that that is indeed the PS3 CE (based on the wording, I pray I didn't actually "reserve" the original FFXIII for PS3 :shock:), but I'm hoping for the best. Also, the CE actually does show up on the preorder machines if you type "Final Fantasy Collectors" into the search bar, but there's no "Preorder" button for either system. :cry:

Anyway, this is the SKU on my receipt: 9698818. Maybe someone can verify that this is the preorder SKU for FFXIII-2 CE (PS3).

[quote name='Vigilante']Anyway, this is the SKU on my receipt: 9698818. Maybe someone can verify that this is the preorder SKU for FFXIII-2 CE (PS3).[/QUOTE]

I have my receipt for the Collector's pre-order. It's 4120037

On the receipt, it says: PS-PS3-FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 C

[quote name='Animekatt']I have my receipt for the Collector's pre-order. It's 4120037

On the receipt, it says: PS-PS3-FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 C[/QUOTE]And the SKU for the full product (on BB.com) is 4120055...

...Crap.

I don't know what I preordered, then. Looks like I'll have to go back and fix this...

Thanks for posting that.

360 one: 4120046

Go to your gaming section as usual. The only difference is you're giving them the SKU instead of the printed out slip. So they're punching it in instead of scanning the barcode.

@vigilante, that looks like the regular edition >.>

EDIT: Lovely Amazon shipped me a fucking crushed Skyward Sword LE. It seems like out of all the fragile CEs and guides I order, a good 80% of them come damaged.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='no_exit']GAH!! Why do I have to be so weak when it comes to this stuff.

Looked at the FF steelbook on amazon.de and ended up noticing that the Arkham City Steelbook Edition was still available so I picked up both.[/QUOTE]

The FF steelbook is so nice. Why isn't there is a USA version?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']
EDIT: Lovely Amazon shipped me a fucking crushed Skyward Sword LE. It seems like out of all the fragile CEs and guides I order, a good 80% of them come damaged.[/QUOTE]

This is why I have pretty much strayed away from Amazon with most of my CE orders sadly and have gone to gamestop because I get my pick of the best conditioned one. I would love to stay with Amazon but after my Dark Souls came dented, I had enough. I still have a few on order with them due to various credits but have been happy with gamestop's condition of my CEs. I know it isn't 100% their fault either. Half my boxes from Amazon come looking like the UPS man played soccer with the package :bomb:

Oh it's the warehouse workers' fault. Packaging Skyward Sword CE in one of those foldover-cardboard sheets. fuck you you lazy ass mofos. Can't grab some bubble wrap and a proper box?

I wish I kept one of the copies I got from K-Mart instead of eBaying it. Now I'm left with one copy from Best Buy whose price sticker ripped off the gold foil, and a squish copy from Amazon.

And this is one of the few CEs I REALLY wanted for my collection.

I'm gonna place pre-orders for future stuff at GameStop just so I have a place to return these shitty Amazon copies to.

Man, sorry to hear about that. I'm not sure what the deal is with Amazon and their shipping policies with CE games that come in boxes. After the fiasco with the Persona 2 shipping, I just started to get my CEs from Gamestop. I'd rather have peace of mind and pay the tax than to go through that with Amazon.

Just an update on the SKU thing for FFXIII-2 CE.

It didn't work for me. The computer system in my local BestBuy is unable to locate the game, thus I can't reserve the edition.

That's not to debunk the information AnimeKatt has given, but it is a fair warning for those who attempted to do what I tried and failed.

It seems like more and more people are getting things damaged from Amazon because of poor packaging. That's a disturbing trend.

I noticed they have a Packaging Feedback option on order pages, which I think is fairly new. You can rate how the package was and even upload a picture. I encourage everyone who has had problems with their packaging to do this, and hopefully after enough people do, they'll get tighter standards at the warehouses

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back