Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Tell me about it:

:ps3: FFXIII-2 CE (+ CE guide)
:ps3: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND CE (2/14)
:wii: The Last Story CE (2/17)
:ps3: Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 Gamindustri Savior Set (i.e. CE) (2/28)
:360: Mass Effect 3 CE (+ CE guide) (3/6)

That's more CEs in the span of three months than I've gotten in the past year, and that's just through March! Hopefully this won't continue through the year...:drool:[/QUOTE]

yeah, getting those as well except The Last Story CE, they said it won't play in my Wii.

for this year:
Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition (PS3) + CE Guide (got it)
SoulCalibur V: Collector's Edition (PS3) + CE Guide (got it)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Special Edition (PS3) + CE Guide
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND Limited Edition (PS3)
Phantom Breaker - Limited Edition (360)
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 LE: Gamindustri Savior Set (PS3)
Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition (PC) + CE Guide
Street Fighter X Tekken: Special Edition (PS3)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Special Edition (PS3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 CE (PS3)
Max Payne 3 - Special Edition (PC)
Diablo III Ultimate Edition (PC)

*Witcher 2 Dark Edition (x360), not sure yet, i already have the CE for PC.

and the year is just starting, compare to the last few years, this year started big with all these CEs.

maybe i'm just disappointed seeing CEs of skyrim, infamous 2, batman AC and others go cheap really fast.

I went ahead and preordered my Witcher 2 Dark Edition from Gamestop today. They had the best preorder bonus, IMO, so I went with them. I have Max Payne 3 SE, Mass Effect 3 CE, and RE: ORC SE all ordered from Amazon, so that's it for me when it comes to confirmed collector's editions this year. There's a lot of really good looking collector's editions releasing early this year for sure.

[quote name='hecaitomix']planned not to buy any CE this year, since they tend to get lower in price after few months, but i failed.

ordered for release date delivery: FFXIII-2 CE and Soul Calibur V CE + their CE guides

now contemplating if i should get the Special Edition of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, don't like the shipping cost.[/QUOTE]

Not only did you buy 2 CE,you bought 2 CE that came out the same day and were the first 2 CE of the year! Lol..sounds like me.

For anyone thinking about the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning limited editions, they sold out of the Signature Editions (300 @ $270) in less than a week after the went up for sale and it now looks like the Collector's Editions (700 @ $200) are now sold out. All that remains are the Special Editions (2,000 @ $80) and based on the recent order number's people have posted in the forums (over 2,500, where the max would be under 3,000 based on quantities of each), I'd estimate they'll be sold out of those very soon, especially given the positive attention the game has been getting recently.

This is one of the few games I've seen where they posted the exact quantities of each limited edition that will be produced and the quantities are pretty limited.

While it is a new IP, if the game does well (which it looks like it probably will) along with the follow-up MMO, these limited editions could actually be pretty rare and in demand. In any case, they certainly won't be showing up on Amazon for 50% off the list price like nearly every other CE produced by EA, Blizzard and other big publishers.

Kingdom of Amalur SE is sold out for PS3 & only 49 copies left for Xbox 360. And I agree that they will never be sold at less than their current price

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Kingdom of Amalur SE is sold out for PS3 & only 49 copies left for Xbox 360. And I agree that they will never be sold at less than their current price[/QUOTE]

Just checked:
PS3 = 0 copies
360 = 24 copies
PC = 29 copies

I'm guessing they'll be sold out tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhg, wasn't going to... but... Pre-ordered KoA:SE.
Also, as happy as I was/am with my SoulCalibur V CE... the game is kinda... lacking. It's fun but there isn't much to do outside of online and versus.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Just checked:
PS3 = 0 copies
PC = 34 copies
360 = 36 copies

I'm guessing they'll be sold out tonight or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Just curious where did you find those numbers?

[quote name='iwasbor3dz']Just curious where did you find those numbers?[/QUOTE]

Add them to you cart and the increase the quantity and it will tell you how many are available.

Just updated the number again. Going fast ;-)

[quote name='kylerg']Damnit. Decided to get the ME3 CE at Bestbuy and today they are sold out. FFS.[/QUOTE]

For what system?

It its 360:
Try Buy.com, Sears.com, or Origin.

I am in the same boat. I forgot to order from Amazon so I had to order it from Sears.com.

You could also wait and see if Amazon gets them back in stock.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Add them to you cart and the increase the quantity and it will tell you how many are available.

Just updated the number again. Going fast ;-)[/QUOTE]

That $10 shipping charge is really making it hard to pull the trigger but there are only 30 left :headache:

[quote name='coopscohen']That $10 shipping charge is really making it hard to pull the trigger but there are only 30 left :headache:[/QUOTE]

It only goes up a bit more if you buy additional copies, so try to find some friends that want a copy and buy in bulk :lol:

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Add them to you cart and the increase the quantity and it will tell you how many are available.

Just updated the number again. Going fast ;-)[/QUOTE]
OOHH! That's clever. Yup, most people tend to wait til the last minute to buy these sort of things. Ordered my Collector's edition for KoA:R a week ago. But it still says Pending Fulfillment. :(

[quote name='ChosenOne1']For what system?

It its 360:
Try Buy.com, Sears.com, or Origin.

I am in the same boat. I forgot to order from Amazon so I had to order it from Sears.com.

You could also wait and see if Amazon gets them back in stock.[/QUOTE]

I ordered from Origin after not taking advantage of the BB offer. With Origin you get an exclusive AT12 Raider Shotgun.

[quote name='iwasbor3dz']OOHH! That's clever. Yup, most people tend to wait til the last minute to buy these sort of things. Ordered my Collector's edition for KoA:R a week ago. But it still says Pending Fulfillment. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, last time I got in this countdown mode was when they had the game+watch sale for 999 on the NDS.

[quote name='iwasbor3dz']OOHH! That's clever. Yup, most people tend to wait til the last minute to buy these sort of things. Ordered my Collector's edition for KoA:R a week ago. But it still says Pending Fulfillment. :([/QUOTE]

That's what I saw on the forums. A ton of orders that appear to be have been placed a week or so ago are still Pending Fulfillment which is why a $10 shipping charge seems a bit much.

[quote name='coopscohen']That's what I saw on the forums. A ton of orders that appear to be have been placed a week or so ago are still Pending Fulfillment which is why a $10 shipping charge seems a bit much.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it's even worse for those in Canada. They have to wait 10-30 days (I think) for it to arrive. Anyone else order from them?

Today is the day of bad decisions. A month or two ago, I saw that stupid Super-Ultra Collectors Edition for KoA, I put it in my cart and said "this game has alot of positive buzz so I wouldn't be surprised if these CEs go fast" but I decided against it. Then I decided to wait until I got GZ Unlocked to get the ME3 CE. I am dumb.

I ordered from Origin after not taking advantage of the BB offer. With Origin you get an exclusive AT12 Raider Shotgun.
When did you order? I preordered about an hour and a half ago from Origin but I am concerned about a possible issue... even though they have a link for the 360 version and you can add it to your cart, when you click on "More Info" it takes you straight to the PC DL version. I wrote them an email to make sure I will be getting the 360 version and not the PC one, hopefully this isn't a mistake, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. It's my own fault for procrastinating, though to be fair I already have the PS3 one secured, I just wanted to get a 360 one to sell and offset the cost a bit.

[quote name='iamsmart']Today is the day of bad decisions. A month or two ago, I saw that stupid Super-Ultra Collectors Edition for KoA, I put it in my cart and said "this game has alot of positive buzz so I wouldn't be surprised if these CEs go fast" but I decided against it. Then I decided to wait until I got GZ Unlocked to get the ME3 CE. I am dumb.

When did you order? I preordered about an hour and a half ago from Origin but I am concerned about a possible issue... even though they have a link for the 360 version and you can add it to your cart, when you click on "More Info" it takes you straight to the PC DL version. I wrote them an email to make sure I will be getting the 360 version and not the PC one, hopefully this isn't a mistake, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. It's my own fault for procrastinating, though to be fair I already have the PS3 one secured, I just wanted to get a 360 one to sell and offset the cost a bit.[/QUOTE]

I placed my order earlier in the day. I had the same issue as you but at checkout the item is specifically listed as a physical product and for the 360. Also, it appears that redirect happens regardless of platform as I selected the PS3 preorder and was taken straight to the PC DL version.

Thank god, I didn't pull the trigger on Kiingdom of Amalur CE's..as much as I like collecting CE's this one, I passed up..$200 for any limited edition is too much for my wallet. I guess we'll see over time, on how much this will be worth..My Mass Effect 1 LE factory sealed is still king of the CE ebay marketplace :p....Now I can just buy the regular edition game of KoA for my gf.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Thank god, I didn't pull the trigger on Kiingdom of Amalur CE's..as much as I like collecting CE's this one, I passed up..$200 for any limited edition is too much for my wallet. I guess we'll see over time, on how much this will be worth..My Mass Effect 1 LE factory sealed is still king of the CE ebay marketplace :p....Now I can just buy the regular edition game of KoA for my gf.[/QUOTE]

While the KoA Collector's Editions aren't doing much, the $250 Signature Editions are a very different story.

[quote name='winterlane']While the KoA Collector's Editions aren't doing much, the $250 Signature Editions are a very different story.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and a lucky 12 people that bought the Signature Edition were able to upgrade to the Exclusive Edition, and 3 of those sold on ebay for over $2,000 each (one I think went for $2,900). Given that these were truly limited in production to published numbers (unlike any other "limited" edition I've seen), I expect the price of these will continue to go up over time...unless the game completely sucks, which indications are generally that it doesn't suck and is actually good to pretty good to really good.

In any case, there's only 24 XBOX copies and 28 PC copies left of the Special Editions, so they probably won't be around after tomorrow...which all things considered, selling out of ALL limited editions by the first or second day of release seems like a pretty unusual situation.

Has anyone seen the Box to the EA Kingdoms of Amalur CE? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger in the case that they finally sell all 3000 and it massively jumps in price. I'm not interested in a CE that is a unmarked brown box with stuff in it though.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Has anyone seen the Box to the EA Kingdoms of Amalur CE? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger in the case that they finally sell all 3000 and it massively jumps in price. I'm not interested in a CE that is a unmarked brown box with stuff in it though.[/QUOTE]

The "Collector's Edition" and the "Signature Edition" are both sold out. I believe the "Special Edition" one that's still available is supposed to come in a box similar to the boxes for the Mass Effect or Halo (non-Legendary) CEs. I can confirm when mine arrives, it shipped out last week and should be here today or tomorrow.

Not sure about the special editions but the signature came in a huge black box with the logo on it, and everything inside had the logo too, including the Styrofoam packing for the figure.

[quote name='scott_matthews']The "Collector's Edition" and the "Signature Edition" are both sold out. I believe the "Special Edition" one that's still available is supposed to come in a box similar to the boxes for the Mass Effect or Halo (non-Legendary) CEs. I can confirm when mine arrives, it shipped out last week and should be here today or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Just saw youtube videos posted. Pretty nice box and design. I really want to buy but until my game comes out I don't know if I can play it.

Only 8 PC Special Editions left as of this posting. A minute ago there were 16, so it looks like someone may have bought 8 at once to possibly resell later.

All PS3 and 360 Special Editions are gone (as are all Collector and Signature Editions, which have been gone for a few days).

No, I bought 6 of the 360 versions, lol and I'm not kidding. I gave it a chance to sell out because I'm not like the other reseller's. I'd like to give an opportunity to real gamers to get it. In turn it's the same way when I miss out on something pay extra to if I really want it. I guess it all balances out in the end. Just feel bad for real fans who can't afford to get their hands on it right away. I also like to keep my cost as low as possible to be fair to others unless it's really rare.
Like my borderlands clap trap poster. EBay and their stupid fees make it almost impossible to keep prices low especially for the video game department. I also let my buyer's know if they pay me off EBay I can lower the price for them. Just saying all this before everyone turns on me, ok I'm done say what you have to I won't get upset.

1 more thing I'm not as bad as some who go and buy all the skylander figures in one shot and don't even give anyone an opportunity to buy. If I ever get that bad I will just check myself into a clinic.

I'm certainly not one to get pissed at others for buying up extras for possible resale...unless the seller does their best to restrict sales to 1 per customer and a person circumvents this buy creating multiple bogus accounts so they can buy multiple copies. But in cases where the seller lets you buy as many as you want, then why not buy as many as you want? There's not guarantee you'll make a profit (especially when factoring in the absurd ebay fees).

If someone misses out or is too indecisive, oh well. Like the Rush song goes "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

I actually bought a couple of extra PC Special Editions for future sale (to friends or maybe ebay) because I think they'll be in demand if/when the mod tools come out. since the mods would only work with the PC version. While they haven't announced they'll release mod tools, based on the guys running the company it definitely sounds like they would like to release them and build up that sort of community because that's what they would want themselves as gamers.

There was reasonable time for everyone to get into this. I kinda wished I had jumped but I figure if my game does well I'll pay the mildly inflated ebay price. I'm just mad that I waited this long for the ME3 preorder and like others in this thread I'm chasing it around the internet.

[quote name='Fatbot3']There was reasonable time for everyone to get into this. I kinda wished I had jumped but I figure if my game does well I'll pay the mildly inflated ebay price. I'm just mad that I waited this long for the ME3 preorder and like others in this thread I'm chasing it around the internet.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat with the ME2 CE but was lucky enough to grab 2 copies from Amazon immediately after the release (probably cancelled preorders). But I learned my lesson...always preorder from Amazon ASAP if yo have the slightest interest in a CE. You an easily cancel if you can get a better price elsewhere or change your mind and you are usually protected from Amazon price drops that occur between when you place your order and when it ships.

While I expect the ME3 CE and Diablo 3 CE to become available again, I'm glad I locked mine in so I don't have to worry about it. Amazon FTW!

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I was in the same boat with the ME2 CE but was lucky enough to grab 2 copies from Amazon immediately after the release (probably cancelled preorders). But I learned my lesson...always preorder from Amazon ASAP if yo have the slightest interest in a CE. You an easily cancel if you can get a better price elsewhere or change your mind and you are usually protected from Amazon price drops that occur between when you place your order and when it ships.

While I expect the ME3 CE and Diablo 3 CE to become available again, I'm glad I locked mine in so I don't have to worry about it. Amazon FTW![/QUOTE]

I'll preorder the Diablo 3 CE at Best Buy since I have a ton of credit there. Hopefully I can find a coupon to use between now and release on it.

[quote name='ROCK1LEE']Thanks, DarkonJohn. You made me feel a little better :) sometimes I feel so bad for doing it,[/QUOTE]

Personally, the more I dwell on it, the more I think its better just to not share how many copies you buy. Has mentioning that you bought multiple copies of a game ever brought about a positive discussion? If you say you bought multiples for your friends or as stocking stuffers, etc. then people think you're a bullshitter, if you have to buy multiples so your girlfriend or other family members can all play on their own systems people will say you have some strange home dynamic (I know I would), and if you buy them to resell then people will think you took their potential copy when you really didn't need it.

It makes people that didn't get a copy bitter, so they point fingers at the people who are casually bragging about all of their copies, then those guys start banging the "you snooze you lose" drum in retaliation, and the whole argument contributes to making CAGs bitter and competitive. I'm guilty of it myself, I buy an extra copy of a CE to resell and offset the cost of my own game, but I'm starting to think that even if your intentions are good, it's probably better to keep it to yourself.

[quote name='iamsmart']Personally, the more I dwell on it, the more I think its better just to not share how many copies you buy. Has mentioning that you bought multiple copies of a game ever brought about a positive discussion? If you say you bought multiples for your friends or as stocking stuffers, etc. then people think you're a bullshitter, if you have to buy multiples so your girlfriend or other family members can all play on their own systems people will say you have some strange home dynamic (I know I would), and if you buy them to resell then people will think you took their potential copy when you really didn't need it.

It makes people that didn't get a copy bitter, so they point fingers at the people who are casually bragging about all of their copies, then those guys start banging the "you snooze you lose" drum in retaliation, and the whole argument contributes to making CAGs bitter and competitive. I'm guilty of it myself, I buy an extra copy of a CE to resell and offset the cost of my own game, but I'm starting to think that even if your intentions are good, it's probably better to keep it to yourself.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree and thanks for pointing that out. I think in many cases the person (like myself and probably ROCK1LEE ) is just excited about the release, which causes them to buy extra copies and then sometimes this come out when sharing their enthusiasm in the forums. They (we) aren't trying to gloat or anything, just getting carried away by their (our) enthusiasm for the game. But as you said, rarely does anything good come from this sharing because people often react exactly as you said.
:whistle2:#

Just checked and now the reckoning special edition is sold out. Glad I bought 1 earlier today. Is it 2,000 per system or 2,000 total between the systems.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Just checked and now the reckoning special edition is sold out. Glad I bought 1 earlier today. Is it 2,000 per system or 2,000 total between the systems.[/QUOTE]

I already asked that question on the Reckoning forums....2,000 Special Editions total across all platforms. Same with the 300 Signature and 700 Collector's Editions.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I already asked that question on the Reckoning forums....2,000 Special Editions total across all platforms. Same with the 300 Signature and 700 Collector's Editions.[/QUOTE]

Crap, there's a chance I may never see one then. I could see this being as rare as the Crysis 2 Nano Edition.

Amalur Special edition is totally awesome.

Still don't think the Troll statue or the litho editions were worth it. That troll statue looks fugly & the $10 troll statue that you get from BestBuy (free with LOTR preorder )looks much better

But the special edition packaging & contents looks amazingly nice!!

After seeing the unboxing thread of the special edition that was posted a few pages back, I agree. Made me very happy with my purchase. I love the look of the outer box it comes in. One of the nicer special editions i've seen.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Amalur Special edition is totally awesome.

Still don't think the Troll statue or the litho editions were worth it. That troll statue looks fugly & the $10 troll statue that you get from BestBuy (free with LOTR preorder )looks much better

But the special edition packaging & contents looks amazingly nice!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, while the Special Edition was targeted at the typical person that likes to buy limited/collector editions of games (in the $70 - $100 range) I think the Collector's and Signature Editions were clearly targeted at people that collect high-quality figures and artwork related to their favorite areas of interest.

The figure is of the Sideshow Collectibles category (which sell for $200+) rather than the "Dead Space 2 replica plasma cutter" POS category (or even the Skyrim CE dragon). And the artwork is of far higher quality (and far more limited in production) than the typical rolled up mass-produced poster you might get in a typical game CE. If those things aren't your cup of tea, then it's not worth paying that much, but having been to ComicCon several times, there is clearly a market for such things and for that market I think the pricing was pretty reasonable.

But when you think about it, is there any other CE you've seen that was completely (and permanently) sold out (other than ebay resellers) the day after the game's release? Pretty amazing IMO, especially from a company doing their first release.

[quote name='Youngnoble']You can now add origin (ea's website) to the sold out list of the 360 version of mass effect 3 collectors edition.[/QUOTE]

Whoa. I ordered one from there literally 4 hours ago. Glad I locked one in.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']But when you think about it, is there any other CE you've seen that was completely (and permanently) sold out (other than ebay resellers) the day after the game's release? Pretty amazing IMO, especially from a company doing their first release.[/QUOTE]

I guess it was mainly due to the limited numbers & the fact that they stuck to it.
But honestly - considering the numbers, it still took a long time for them to sell out since they were announced.
I am sure if they had released some kind of unboxing video earlier, it would have sold out much faster.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']I guess it was mainly due to the limited numbers & the fact that they stuck to it.
But honestly - considering the numbers, it still took a long time for them to sell out since they were announced.
I am sure if they had released some kind of unboxing video earlier, it would have sold out much faster.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, while the Signature Editions (at $270) sold out pretty quickly (I think it was less than a week), I was a bit surprised that the Collector's Edition took as long as it did to sell out. But I'd attribute that to lack of awareness of the game (being a new IP) and a lack of awareness of the existence of the CE's (probably the bigger factor since you could only buy them from one site and they only way to find that site was a link from the Reckoning home page). I think once the game got some attention from the reviews the last couple of days, the awareness increased and the rest of the stock sold pretty quickly.

Assuming the game does well, it should be interesting to see what they do with the CE's for the MMO. I'm thinking they'll still do something very limited, so those might be even harder to catch.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Yeah, while the Signature Editions (at $270) sold out pretty quickly (I think it was less than a week), I was a bit surprised that the Collector's Edition took as long as it did to sell out. But I'd attribute that to lack of awareness of the game (being a new IP) and a lack of awareness of the existence of the CE's (probably the bigger factor since you could only buy them from one site and they only way to find that site was a link from the Reckoning home page). I think once the game got some attention from the reviews the last couple of days, the awareness increased and the rest of the stock sold pretty quickly.

Assuming the game does well, it should be interesting to see what they do with the CE's for the MMO. I'm thinking they'll still do something very limited, so those might be even harder to catch.[/QUOTE]

I'm generally a fan of actually "limited" editions depsite how screwed I may be in getting this at a later date, especially considering it was available all the way up until this morning.

I just hope it won't be impossible to find the thing ebay for 100 bucks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back