Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DanteWarrior']$100 for a used one - Probably Yes.
For a new sealed copy - very unlikely[/QUOTE]

Agreed. After all, it cost $80 + $10 for shipping and if you sell on ebay you'll probably be paying $15+ in ebay fees, so basically someone would be breaking even or losing money if they sold it new for $100.

[quote name='Donut2922']Whoa. I ordered one from there literally 4 hours ago. Glad I locked one in.[/QUOTE]

so glad i pre ordered one on amazon like months ago and almost forgot about it lol

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Agreed. After all, it cost $80 + $10 for shipping and if you sell on ebay you'll probably be paying $15+ in ebay fees, so basically someone would be breaking even or losing money if they sold it new for $100.[/QUOTE]

yeah id be looking for used. I'd want to actually play it and i cant really keep anything sealed around my house anyway.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Should i be worried if my order for Kingdoms of Amular collectors edition is still pending? I tried to email them but their site wouldnt work.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's any reason to worry about getting it. It's just that if you ordered after Jan 31st it will take them a few days to get around to shipping your order. I think they got backlogged getting the release day shipments out and are slowly (maybe very slowly) catching up to orders placed after the 31st.

[quote name='Fatbot3']yeah id be looking for used. I'd want to actually play it and i cant really keep anything sealed around my house anyway.[/QUOTE]

In that case, just wait a couple of weeks and some of them could likely pop up on ebay after people finish the main quest line and decide to try to recover some of their investment while the game is still selling at a premium.

Having received my Special Edition, I have to say that while it's quite nice and a reasonable deal at $80, I'm thinking they could have done a bit better on the extras (at least based on my preferences).

Here's what you get:
1) The game (duh)

2) Pre-order in-game bonus items (pretty standard these days, but nice to have anyway and a nice perk for people that buy the game new)

3) Soundtrack CD (something I expect to be in ALL CE's, so glad to see they included this...and not some stupid MP3 download crap but a physical CD)

4) Set of gaming dice and a black bag with "A" logo (actually pretty nice dice in a plastic box and the bag isn't too shabby either, but I don't play games that use dice so it's a bit of a "meh" for me)

5) Box of all 40 "Destiny Cards" (I already had a few of these I picked up at ComicCon last year and these looked to be pretty much the same in look, feel and quality. They aren't bad, but they are kind of useless. No stats or descriptions on the cards...just a picture and name on the front and the same pattern on the back for all of the cards. While they tie into the game's Destinies, they don't really have any use that I can see in or outside of the game. Just something related to the game to collect, but I'm thinking they could have done something more interesting/engaging if they had descriptive text on the back side that tied into the destiny and game story. Or even better would be if you could play some sort of game with them).

6) Parchment map (overall, not too bad. While I'm a fan of cloth maps, I'm not a fan of how they often degrade over time...paint coming off or bleeding, etc. However, some of my old Ultima maps are still looking pretty nice, so I'd still prefer quality cloth maps because they feel much more luxurious and special).

That's just my take and other may love the dice and/or the Destiny cards.

That said, I really do like the Troll and the artwork in the Collector's and Signature Editions. Those are much more unique and special for me given that both are of a very high quality and are very limited in numbers.

Hey guys..any websites anywhere selling Mass Effect 3 CE for Xbox? I ordered mine, but I gf wants her personal copy too. I'm looking all over the net, without success. Hopefully I don't have to go to ebay for one.

For anyone that missed out on the Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning Special Editions, I just noticed they have a few more for sale:

XBOX: 5 copies
PC: 4 copies

Which explains why the site was still not showing "Sold Out" before even though you couldn't put anything in your cart.

However, now both Signature Edition and Collector's Editions have a big "Sold Out" on the picture for the item.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']For anyone that missed out on the Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning Special Editions, I just noticed they have a few more for sale:

XBOX: 5 copies
PC: 4 copies

Which explains why the site was still not showing "Sold Out" before even though you couldn't put anything in your cart.

However, now both Signature Edition and Collector's Editions have a big "Sold Out" on the picture for the item.[/QUOTE]

Dude you are awesome; ordered a 360 one. Figured it was worth it instead of trying to chase one on ebay that might not ever pop up.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Dude you are awesome; ordered a 360 one. Figured it was worth it instead of trying to chase one on ebay that might not ever pop up.[/QUOTE]

Cool, glad you were able to pick one up!
Now looks like they are down to 1 and 3 (360 and PC).

I'm super close to pulling the trigger on the Dark Edition of Witcher 2 but I really think it might be something that sits on the shelf at Gamestop and slowly dwindles down to $60 before they all get bought up. I wish Amazon got a non-digital bonus item. I adore my trinkets.

Unless they produce way more of them than the PC collector's, I don't know. I never saw another witcher 2 CE PC version besides the one I preordered and bought. Hopefully the team kepts it low too.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Unless they produce way more of them than the PC collector's, I don't know. I never saw another witcher 2 CE PC version besides the one I preordered and bought. Hopefully the team kepts it low too.[/QUOTE]

I actually think they would produce a ton more of that CE and honestly until I just recently looked Amazon still had some, even though they were at 129.99.

Hey DarkonJohn, Nice to see another CAG wondering around the KoA:R forums! :D

Wait so is the Witcher's CE limited to a certain amount? I was thinking about picking it up sometime soon with a $25 gift card at gamestop.

[quote name='Vap']How the hell do I add kingdoms to the cart on their site? It says preorder but I can't click on it.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you probably missed out. The "Order" button was replaced with the text "Pre-order" after they ran out of stock. This happened yesterday, but then they added a few more (less than 10 XBOX and less than 10 PC copies) earlier today, but those went pretty quickly. There's a slim chance that they may have a few more leftover, but I'd say that once they replace the picture with one that says "Sold Out" like they did with the Collector and Signature Editions, then it will definitely be all over. Unlike every other CE I've seen, they've quoted specific numbers of how many will be produced and they are sticking to them.

Did anyone order the BlazBlue: CSEX Limited Edition from Amazon and have it ship today? I hopped on the temporary $39.99 price drop deal about a month back and it should be shipping today, but Amazon still lists it as "Not Yet Shipped" and clicking on the product page shows it as temporarily out of stock.

:fingerscrossed: Hopefully I'm just being impatient and it'll ship later on today.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Did anyone order the BlazBlue: CSEX Limited Edition from Amazon and have it ship today? I hopped on the temporary $39.99 price drop deal about a month back and it should be shipping today, but Amazon still lists it as "Not Yet Shipped" and clicking on the product page shows it as temporarily out of stock.

:fingerscrossed: Hopefully I'm just being impatient and it'll ship later on today.[/QUOTE]

Aksys is really bad about getting stock to Amazon and other retailers. Every game I have ever preordered by Aksys doesn't get to Amazon until later in the launch week and I end up getting them on the following Monday with Prime.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Did anyone order the BlazBlue: CSEX Limited Edition from Amazon and have it ship today? I hopped on the temporary $39.99 price drop deal about a month back and it should be shipping today, but Amazon still lists it as "Not Yet Shipped" and clicking on the product page shows it as temporarily out of stock.

:fingerscrossed: Hopefully I'm just being impatient and it'll ship later on today.[/QUOTE]I also got in on that price drop mistake and while the product page says it's "Temporarily Out of Stock", my order page says that it won't be delivered until 2/17, this Friday, so I predict that it won't arrive until next week (like the poster above me said has happened with prior Aksys games).

[quote name='Vigilante']I also got in on that price drop mistake and while the product page says it's "Temporarily Out of Stock", my order page says that it won't be delivered until 2/17, this Friday, so I predict that it won't arrive until next week (like the poster above me said has happened with prior Aksys games).[/QUOTE]

My status says that as well. Thanks for the update y'all, I was unaware of Aksys' delivery history. Oh well, no rush, I still have UMvC3 and KOFXIII to keep me busy.

finally received my KoA: Reckoning Special Edition, a week after release date. I guess that's what i get for paying the standard shipping...

i also pre-ordered the BlazBlue: CSEX Limited Edition, still not yet shipped.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but if you are still wanting to get the KoA:R Special Edition, I think they sold at least one more today.

I opened the page for LE orders (http://limitededitions.reckoning.com/) this morning, got distracted before I looked at it and noticed that I was able to pick "PC" as the platform and click on the "Purchase Now" button. But I guess I took too long because when I went to my cart page, it said I needed to remove the item from my cart (which happens when there are none left). When I went back to the main page it then said "Sold Out" where the "Purchase Now" button had been, which makes me think they had at least one for sale for a brief period.

It's doubtful they'll have any more for sale, but if you really want one it wouldn't hurt to keep checking the site for another day or two on case one pops up.

Added Prototype 2 Blackwatch Collector's Edition. I could only find a pic of the PAL one, so if anyone finds a pic of the US one feel free to change it or post it here, thanks. I believe it's the same content shown.

Prototype 2: Blackwatch CE (PS3/360/PC)

scaled.php

Includes:
  • PROTOTYPE 2 RADNET Edition Content
  • Free PROTOTYPE 2 DLC Pack #1 – Colossal Mayhem
  • Official PROTOTYPE 2 Soundtrack CD
  • Exclusive PROTOTYPE 2 Hardbound Art Book
  • Dark HorseDigital Comic "PROTOTYPE: The Labrinth"
  • 20% Discount Voucherat PROTOTYPE Merchandise Store
Release: 04/24/2012
Price: $79.99
Where to Buy: TBD

For those interested, the BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend Premium Edition is up for pre-order in the UK. It brings:

The Premium Edition contains:
· The Limited Edition version of BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend on PS3, PS Vita or Xbox 360 which includes:
· 12 high-grade Hahnemuehle Torchon sketch cards for an exceptional reproduction of concepts and technical drawings from the BlazBlue archives.
· The sought after ‘Song Interlude’ soundtrack, featuring music from Extend and two vocal arrangements, Childish Killer and Blue-Bloom composed by Daisuke Ishiwatari.

An exclusive Manga pack in a beautiful Ragna sleeve, which includes;
· The original, first volume of the BlazBlue manga which has received a limited reprint due to popular demand.
· Volume 2 of the BlazBlue Manga, localised and published for the first time for western audiences.
· Hazama and Ragna poster featuring an illustration by BlazBlue character designer, Yuuki Kato. (folded)

blazb.jpg

You can pre-order now. Apparently, it's going to be limited to 200 copies. You can pre-order it here: http://store.blazbluegame.com/blasblue--continuum-shift-extend---premium-edition-pre-order-584-p.asp

Damn it, have the BB in my cart, just can't pull the trigger. Way too much money spent on this stuff the past few months with shipping to the US it comes to about $100.

For the Brotherhood collectors that converted to use at gamestops was this for both consoles and should it automatically ring up at the register? Saw one at a local gamestop but didnt have time to price check.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Amazon has started the process to ship my order for Blazblue Continuum Shift LE. I ordered when it was 39.96.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Tracking info says it should be here tomorrow. Couple days late, but I'm not complaining about getting an LE for the SE price. :bouncy:

BlazBlu is 102.70 shipped for me. Hmmm not sure about the price considering what it comes with. At 200 copies though it may be something fairly rare in the future.

Only 3 left of the premium blazblue extend edition. Hurry if you want 1

Now it's sold out, are they known to add more for sale later.

Warning to anyone who ordered the BlazBlue CS:EX limited edition from Amazon. Just got mine and they shipped it in a bubble mailer, box was crushed all to hell. Contents inside are fine, though. Just a heads up to anyone who likes to keep their LE/CEs in tip-top shape.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana']Warning to anyone who ordered the BlazBlue CS:EX limited edition from Amazon. Just got mine and they shipped it in a bubble mailer, box was crushed all to hell. Contents inside are fine, though. Just a heads up to anyone who likes to keep their LE/CEs in tip-top shape.[/QUOTE]*sigh* My copy also arrived in a bubble mailer, and while it wasn't crushed that badly, there's still some obvious "damage" to the outer box (e.g. bottom is bent inwards so the front-bottom corner is sticking out very slightly).

I've already sent an email to Amazon's CS asking for a partial refund. :headache:

EDIT: That was fast--I was offered an $8 refund to my GC credit (from which I paid the entire $39.96 amount), which is perfectly fine with me; $31.96 for a $59.99 CE is not bad...not bad at all. :D

Just got mine. Was worried a little due to the comments of bad shipping, but my package doesn't have any external damage to the box despite also coming in a bubble mailer. Just pray and hope your orders come safely.

Wow Witcher 2: Dark Edition on 360 already sold out at Amazon.... are these going to be as limited as they were for PC? Haven't found anything online indicating production run amount, Gamestop is the only place left apparently.

[quote name='BlurredReality']Wow Witcher 2: Dark Edition on 360 already sold out at Amazon.... are these going to be as limited as they were for PC? Haven't found anything online indicating production run amount, Gamestop is the only place left apparently.[/QUOTE]
I was really hoping Best Buy would carry the Dark Edition, but it doesn't seem like they will - a shame, especially since they have the best pre-order bonus. I guess GameStop it is then, reluctantly.

[quote name='BlurredReality']Wow Witcher 2: Dark Edition on 360 already sold out at Amazon.... are these going to be as limited as they were for PC? Haven't found anything online indicating production run amount, Gamestop is the only place left apparently.[/QUOTE]

Son of a bitch. I thought this was a gamestop exclusive. Now I gotta pay tax on this thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back