Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have my preorder in. I know its not a very "CAG" thing to say, but I'm seriously glad that I buy CEs of games cause, you know, I like the game and want extra stuff. I'm not buying it just cause it's limited, or how many will have it. This is a fucking awesome CE, and I'll easily pay 150 for a badass series that I love and a cool chest.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']You are correct. I totally misread what you said. I thought you were saying the deciding factor would be how many were produced while you were actually saying just the opposite. My bad. Well, at least were on the same page as I agree 100%.[/QUOTE]
Its no worries, glad to see were sharing in on the excitement. Quick question, anyone else notice that amazons picture for the borderlands 2 loot chest edition doesn't have the vending machine casing for the bobblehead? Small thing I know but being the vending machines are such a big part throughout the game id hope Amazon isn't somehow not including it.

apparently the loot edition of borderlands is a decent deal. comes with all that DLC and the awesome chest. now where is the best deal? Gamestop has it come with a bonus free ARENA dlc possibly like moxxi, and some kinda rocket launcher. Amazon has no sales tax in my area which is a decent amount of extra loot, but they haven't put any promo credit or exclusive DLC on theirs. Best buy has no special offers as far as I can figure but I have a $250 gift card there thanks to their awesome credit system, and they will price adjust if any retailer decides to price drop this within the 60 days (possible but doubtful)

How long do you think this edition will be available for pre order? I should probably lock down 1 just in case and cancel it if a better comes out.

I would preorder with amazon now to be on the safe side. But as I said in my last post the prop vending machine bobblehead case is NOT pictured in amazons listing. I dont know if this is by error but if im paying $150 I want every thing that should come with it.

I am going to say its safe to assume that there are only two big editions, one with the chest and one without, and wherever you go its going to have the same crap in the box, only a potential for different bonus items.

yes I saw the image and the different one out there, but most of them say that they may not represent the final blah blah.

I pre-ordered my Borderlands 2 loot chest from Amazon. I just cant give Gamestop another penny from my wallet, regardless of how good of a deal they may have.

The more I look at that borderlands chest, the more I love it. I am definitely going to order a 2nd chest for the sole purpose of making a mold. As cool as this chest is in plastic, imagine how cool it would be if it was cast in metal. It will be a great project for me once I am done working in the fall. I haven't been this excited for a CE release in a long time.

Sooo I went to check my amazon order to see if maybe they updated the picture to include the Vending Machine bobblehead case. Now when I click on the order it says "image not available". So now the whole picture has been taken down, kinda strange.

I was at least hoping for some type of the artbook/background info physical item like we got in Reach. That thing is a fairly good read for fans, and this just kind of seems lackluster. Reach's LE was way better than this, IMO, especially considering that it was $20 less. I do like that the case appears to be a steelbook, though...

I preordered the loot chest for borderlands 2, my wife made me do it because we both loved borderlands. It's the most expensive CE I have ever bought hope I won't regret it.

[quote name='TooPoor']I preordered the loot chest for borderlands 2, my wife made me do it because we both loved borderlands. It's the most expensive CE I have ever bought hope I won't regret it.[/QUOTE]

I want to pre-order this so bad but most big box collectors editions usually hit the cleareance at some point so I'm just going to hold out until then. I was able to score Skyrim, KZ3, and Gears at almost half the price so its not unrealistic. The only way I'll jump on this day one is if they say its limited.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I want to pre-order this so bad but most big box collectors editions usually hit the cleareance at some point so I'm just going to hold out until then. I was able to score Skyrim, KZ3, and Gears at almost half the price so its not unrealistic. The only way I'll jump on this day one is if they say its limited.[/QUOTE]

ofcourse they'll say it's limited.. you might aswell pre order it now if that's the case ;)

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I want to pre-order this so bad but most big box collectors editions usually hit the cleareance at some point so I'm just going to hold out until then. I was able to score Skyrim, KZ3, and Gears at almost half the price so its not unrealistic. The only way I'll jump on this day one is if they say its limited.[/QUOTE]
You are probably right, for this only i will pay full price since we are both big fans of the game and that never happens aside from LBP series.

But I thought the 150 version is limited and numbered?

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I was at least hoping for some type of the artbook/background info physical item like we got in Reach. That thing is a fairly good read for fans, and this just kind of seems lackluster. Reach's LE was way better than this, IMO, especially considering that it was $20 less. I do like that the case appears to be a steelbook, though...[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this "UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet" would end up being somewhat comparable to the book included in Reach. I have no idea, but that does sound like it will be a physical item.

"Forward Unto Dawn" better be on a disc...

[quote name='BrandonJF']I was thinking this "UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet" would end up being somewhat comparable to the book included in Reach. I have no idea, but that does sound like it will be a physical item.

"Forward Unto Dawn" better be on a disc...[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're right. That'd be sweet if true, and make me much more interested. I think that "Forward Unto Dawn" will definitely be on a disc too, so that also makes it better. I really wish that they would send out a pic showing all the contents or do an unboxing to give us an idea of what the physical items would be.

[quote name='BrandonJF']I was thinking this "UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet" would end up being somewhat comparable to the book included in Reach. I have no idea, but that does sound like it will be a physical item.

"Forward Unto Dawn" better be on a disc...[/QUOTE]

I agree it does sound like a physical item.

I don't think I could buy a Halo CE/LE though for full price. It seems that they are always available well after launch and at a discount.

[quote name='TooPoor']You are probably right, for this only i will pay full price since we are both big fans of the game and that never happens aside from LBP series.

But I thought the 150 version is limited and numbered?[/QUOTE]

Remember, this is the same publisher (Take 2) that did a puportedly "limited" numbered edition for Duke Nukem Forver which is still widely available for a fraction of the release cost. Not saying that will definitely happen on this one, but it's not like it's hand numbered either, so nothing prevents them from doing hundreds of thousands of copies.

Gamestop added Borderlands 2 to their website:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Borderlands+2

Borderlands 2 Ultimate LootChest Limited Edition

More details

• Replica Borderlands Loot Chest
  • Creatures of Pandora Wide Format ID Chart
  • Field Notes from Sir Hammerlock
  • Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
  • Four Lithograph Postcards
  • Vending Machine Bobblehead Box
  • Four Sticker Set
  • Exclusive Steelbook Case
  • Game Disc
  • Comic Book Download
  • Authentic Mercus Bobblehead
  • Inside the Vault Hardbound Book
  • Cloth Map of Pandora

I've probably typed this before, but I'll type it again. I still can't believe that they aren't releasing a version of Hitman that comes in his suitcase. Come on.

[quote name='Vigilante']Nitpicking here, but maybe you mean the Dark Souls LE tin case? The ME3 CE did have a steelbook for the game discs.[/QUOTE]

The Mass Effect 3 case was Steelbook knockoff. Check out the images here (the spine is oddly hinged in the middle). I'm predicting that's what the NHL 13 case will also be like since it doesn't need to hold any physical extras.

[quote name='KtMack23']Anyone else pre order this bad boy? GS made me put $25 down to pre order.[/QUOTE]

I just saw it on Amazon. The extras aren't very enticing to me, so I probably won't bother unless the price drops.

[quote name='lpj8']The Witcher 2 Dark Edition for Xbox 360 is showing in stock at Fry's.com. Seems like it is out everywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Just picked one up. Thanks! :D

[quote name='KtMack23']Anyone else pre order this bad boy? GS made me put $25 down to pre order.

3729KH3DMarkofMastery-1024x1015.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I was wondering when this would finally go up for preorder, thanks for the heads-up. $54.99 seems so weird... is this the first game to ever have an MSRP that isn't in the 10s of dollars?

[quote name='iamsmart']I was wondering when this would finally go up for preorder, thanks for the heads-up. $54.99 seems so weird... is this the first game to ever have an MSRP that isn't in the 10s of dollars?[/QUOTE]

It's roughly a 33% markup from the regular edition, like the $80 CEs for $60 games, so that might be why.

[quote name='dutch72']GameStop told me this evening that they require 25 dollars down for all CE's from now on.[/QUOTE]

That is what the manager at mine told me too. I guess it doesn't matter the price of the CE anymore, which is what they did previously.

I was wondering why when I pre-ordered Hitman the other day that I was charged $25 for it so I asked today.

That Kingdom Hearts CE looks pretty lame and cheap to produce. Still debating with myself whether or not to order a Borderlands 2 CE. I just want to know if they'll ever release the preorder DLC for everyone because without that the Gamestop DLC be extremely short-lived and divisive.

[quote name='dutch72']GameStop told me this evening that they require 25 dollars down for all CE's from now on.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? If thats national thats just sucks

Might start ordering more on Amazon if thats the case, i like being able to just throw 5$ down months ahead, not having to pay the majority of the thing off long before launch

[quote name='dgwillia006']Seriously? If thats national thats just sucks

Might start ordering more on Amazon if thats the case, i like being able to just throw 5$ down months ahead, not having to pay the majority of the thing off long before launch[/QUOTE]

yep. i thought it was 5 until i preordered max payne 3 special edition. had to put $25 down payment

So Amazon updated their picture of the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition and it still doesnt show it including the vending machine casing for the bobble head. I dont understand..

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']So Amazon updated their picture of the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition and it still doesnt show it including the vending machine casing for the bobble head. I dont understand..[/QUOTE]

Neither do I and that's why i might pre-order it at Gamestop just to make sure

[quote name='dgwillia006']Seriously? If thats national thats just sucks

Might start ordering more on Amazon if thats the case, i like being able to just throw 5$ down months ahead, not having to pay the majority of the thing off long before launch[/QUOTE]

It used to depend on price at GS. Under $100 was $10. Over $100 was $25. BB still takes $5 deposits for all in-store CE preorders regardless of price.

[quote name='randomdud']That Kingdom Hearts CE looks pretty lame and cheap to produce. Still debating with myself whether or not to order a Borderlands 2 CE. I just want to know if they'll ever release the preorder DLC for everyone because without that the Gamestop DLC be extremely short-lived and divisive.[/QUOTE]

It is a shame it didn't come with the 10th anniversary boxset for all of the DS titles, but it's still decent. And for the first KH special edition state side, it'll be a day one pick up for me.

The Hitman CE will drop in price. I am 100% sure of it with that one. I love the series, but I'll be waiting. Always better to wait on those when they aren't at risk of being rare.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Ugh I cant handle Amazon somehow messing up and not shipping the correct item with Borderlands ULCE. Off to Gamestop with my preorder now![/QUOTE]

im pretty sure both vendors will get the same box with the same contents.

otherwise gamestop would have been advertising this vending machine as an exclusive on top of their arena.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']im pretty sure both vendors will get the same box with the same contents.

otherwise gamestop would have been advertising this vending machine as an exclusive on top of their arena.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Its not like the retailers pack everything into these CE's. They all get the exact same thing, unless they have a deal for exclusive content that makes theirs different and I have seen zero evidence that this is the case with Gamestop.

As for Gamestop now requiring a 25 dollar deposit on CE's, I don't know why anything surprises me anymore coming out of that company. As bad as EA is, Gamestop should have been voted the 2012 worst company in America. In fact, they should have won it the last 5+ years in a row. Why people continue to shop at that company is one of the great mysteries of the universe.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Absolutely. Its not like the retailers pack everything into these CE's. They all get the exact same thing, unless they have a deal for exclusive content that makes theirs different and I have seen zero evidence that this is the case with Gamestop.

As for Gamestop now requiring a 25 dollar deposit on CE's, I don't know why anything surprises me anymore coming out of that company. As bad as EA is, Gamestop should have been voted the 2012 worst company in America. In fact, they should have won it the last 5+ years in a row. Why people continue to shop at that company is one of the great mysteries of the universe.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Gamestop fan by any means, but it seems like the $25 deposit at least makes sense. How many times on this very site do people talk about how they preorder a CE at Gamestop and several other retailers waiting to see if it sells out and if it does, then they go through with the preorder so they can flip it. If not, they don't end up purchasing the item. Gamestop orders from their distributors based on pre-order numbers. Allowing someone to plunk down $5 on a $100+ item is really not a deterrent to flippers and people who just have no intention of making the purchase. The $25 is still refundable, but at least it's a bit of a deterrent and it allows people who really intend on buying something for their collection a chance at getting something before it sells out to flippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back