Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from what I said earlier, I went ahead and bit on this. I couldn't pass it up and wait until the last minute to make my mind up. I feel that this is one of the few games I'm anticipating that the CE will be worth it. Ni no Kuni, that is.

[quote name='Vinny']There's a pre-authorization but they don't charge until they ship. And as I said in my last post, their packing is shit. [/QUOTE]

They charged me immediately, when I tried to cancel they said they have a no cancellation policy.

Do NOT buy from there.

[quote name='MonkeyKHI']They charged me immediately, when I tried to cancel they said they have a no cancellation policy.

Do NOT buy from there.[/QUOTE]

I paid with Paypal, not knowing that they charged at the time. It's not like I can't afford it, but it does kinda make me wish I had used my card instead. If there's issues with my order come January, (like say they "over sold" the CE and won't have anymore in) they better be on the ball about making it right. Since people's main complaint with them is the poor packaging and not anything like credit card fraud or scams, I'm willing to give it one shot.

This is the second time I've ever ordered a game directly from a company, the first time was when I bought Lunar 2 straight from Working Designs back in 2000.

Didn't hesitate for Ni No Kuni. I was disheartened when I heard it was only for Europe at first. Right when they said for North America (really just US) I pretty much automatically went to the site and decided on it. A little more expensive with shipping and taxes included but I really wanted that book. Looks like it has a chance to be rare eventually too(with Bando Namco's support of RPGs....don't produce a lot cause it's pretty niche.)

From NeoGAF, (maybe your post MonkeyKHI?)

Dear S***********,

Thank you for contacting the Namco Bandai US Online Store.

We have received your request to cancel shipment of your order;
unfortunately we were unable to do so. Namco Bandai has a "no
cancellation policy".

You will be receiving a shipping notification once the product is on its
way, already. If you do not wish to receive the shipment and you would
like a refund, you may refuse delivery.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may caused you. For
further concerns, feel free to email us back.

Sincerely,
M*********.
Namco Bandai US Online Store
Customer Service
[email protected]
Email ID: 2*****

He sent them another email, and they replied with pretty much the same thing.

Ya, the way Namco Bandai handles their orders made up my mind for me to not get this game. Sticking with my $50 Newegg order. Hoping there's a strategy guide though.

[quote name='MonkeyKHI']They charged me immediately, when I tried to cancel they said they have a no cancellation policy.

Do NOT buy from there.[/QUOTE]

Did you use paypal or credit card?

Added NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition to the OP. Still waiting on an Amazon listing.

NBA 2K13 - Dynasty Edition

008248.jpg

Includes:[HIDDENLIST]

• All-new downloadable content: All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite
  • Full-sized basketball: Exclusive custom Spalding and Art of Basketball
  • Exclusive Sound: 2K Sports custom Ink'd earbuds from Skullcandy
  • Custom Skin: NBA 2K13 basketball textured controller skin from Skinit
[/HIDDENLIST]
Release: 10/02/2012
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: GameStop

Assassins Creed 3 Limited Edition announced for XBOX360 and PS3 for North and Latin America.. No Preorder links on major retailers yet.

Just in time for Independence Day, Ubisoft has offered up a way to show a little national pride, Assassin's Creed 3 style. The company has announced the Assassin's Creed 3 Limited Edition, which will retail for $119.99, and come with extra goods, including a huge 24" by 48" Assassin's Creed-inspired colonial American flag. Coincidentally, Ubisoft sent a flag fitting this description to the press last week, and we've placed a picture of it after the break. We're checking with the company to see if this is indeed the banner in question.

There's also a 9.44" statue of new Assassin Connor, and a metal belt buckle, presumably used for holding up your pants while carrying out cold-blooded murders.

The Limited Edition is an exclusive to retailers in North America and Latin America, so Europeans are out of luck on this one. There's also a Digital Deluxe Edition available straight from Ubisoft for the PC, however: It includes a notebook featuring "George Washington's true story" (we hope wooden teeth are involved), three extra single-player missions, two extra in-game outfits, and an Assassin's Creed soundtrack collection. That sells for $64.99, and the game itself will be available on October 30.

Text from http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/02/assassins-creed-3-gets-limited-edition-in-north-america-with-c/

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']Assassins Creed 3 Limited Edition announced for XBOX360 and PS3 for North and Latin America.. No Preorder links on major retailers yet.

Text from http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/02/assassins-creed-3-gets-limited-edition-in-north-america-with-c/[/QUOTE]

Seems...lackluster. I was really hoping we'd get the medallion and journal from the EU Join or Die edition.

Edit: Anyone know a good way to preorder the Join or Die edition for shipping to the US? Just tried Amazon.co.uk and it won't let me ship it overseas.

Edit 2: I think HMV will ship to the US. Now to find out if the game will be region free. AC games have been spotty at best...

Assassins-Creed-3-Join-or-Die-Edition-570x320.jpg

[quote name='ndheah']Ordered the Wizard Edition of Ni No Kuni...Super excited for this title. They did not charge me tax, $108.99 out the door.[/QUOTE]

For $1.XX more, you can get 3-day delivery and expect it by the Friday of that week.

Found an image of the US ACIII LE:

AC3_LELG.jpg

Added this to the OP. I'm thinking the game will be region free for those who'd prefer the EU editions.

From the Ubiworkshop website:

Please note that the game, both the XBOX 360 and PS3 version, will work in EVERY region. The game can be set in English, French, Spanish and Brazilian.

Only difference is George Washington's journal missing and different looking box. Same statue as Freedom edition, plus we get a flag and silver buckle. Silver buckle sold out quick on Ubi's site and they reissued with a gold buckle. So they thought the silver buckle would be pretty sought after. Almost the same DLC and you can add the steel book from BB to make this a better package.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Oh, come on. I want that statue, but Gamestop only?[/QUOTE]

I believe only the DLC is GameStop exclusive. The LE itself should be available everywhere.

Sorry for the confusion, but that was the only image I could find.

[quote name='cag1000']Only difference is George Washington's journal missing and different looking box. Same statue as Freedom edition, plus we get a flag and silver buckle. Silver buckle sold out quick on Ubi's site and they reissued with a gold buckle. So they thought the silver buckle would be pretty sought after. Almost the same DLC and you can add the steel book from BB to make this a better package.[/QUOTE]

The Join or Die edition has a silver medallion that's missing from the US LE.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']?[/QUOTE]

When you pay with paypal, you get charged right away. When you pay with a credit card, you usually see the pending charge and then it drops off your account until the release date.

If he used a credit card and got charged, then Digital River has some explaining to do, especially when their own help section says you don't get charged until the product is released.

I really would have liked the George Washington journal. It's complete BS that we don't get that. UK always gets better CEs for Ass Creed!

The flag is kind of a disgrace, the belt buckle is retarded. As far as I know kids don't wear belt buckles, and who would be caught dead wearing a tacky assassins creed belt buckle. This game developer screws the US again, notice no farcry 3 collectors edition either. These dudes just cater to euro, got to live with it.

Ordered 2 Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition. Shipping was the same for two as it was for one. Went with two day shipping, was only $12.99. I'm not a hoarder either, wanted to buy 2 incase one packaging comes messed up and they are out of stock. If they both come messed up, I'll be pissed. But will have to wait 6 months to find out. If one comes beat up I'll probably just sell it with a cheaper price to a CAG.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I already tried but it's apparently limited to one. I would try to make another account and order another but I dont want to chance getting any cancellations.[/QUOTE]

Strange, I just placed my order for Ni no Kuni Wizards Edition and it let me order 2 of them without a problem. Here's hoping at least one of them shows up in good condition.

[quote name='brutalny']The flag is kind of a disgrace, the belt buckle is retarded. As far as I know kids don't wear belt buckles, and who would be caught dead wearing a tacky assassins creed belt buckle. This game developer screws the US again, notice no farcry 3 collectors edition either. These dudes just cater to euro, got to live with it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The flag is disrespectful, and the other belt buckle sold by Ubiworkshop is a lot nicer.

I already preordered the Ubiworkshop edition with the encyclopedia for Xbox. Now I'm tempted to import the Join or Die edition on PC to get the journal and medallion. Then, I can just ebay the PC copy.

Edit: Just placed an order from HMV for the PC Join or Die edition. ~$61.50 shipped to the US. Hopefully I can get $30 or so selling the game on ebay.

I also agree the flag is a bit disrespectful not to mention I just cant imagine displaying it. I don't know anyone who would wear the belt buckle and the statue is pretty cool but I still see this ending up like all the others and being $30 a year after it comes out. Vanilla copy for me in the steel book will be just fine till it drops in price.

I think the statue is pretty cool and I actually thought the flag was pretty cool too.

I get where some of you are saying it is disrespectful, because it can be seem as disrespectful to troops that died during the war.

But then again it's the old flag with the 13 stars & stripes during the colonial period (which makes the flag on the statue wrong since it has more than 13 stripes). I guess I don't see the big deal unless you knew George Washington was your great, great, great, great, great grandfather or something. But then again if someone was that against it, I doubt they would even want to buy the game to begin with since the whole game can be seen as disrespectful.

I thought of it more like "Hell yea, AC in the US!"

I'm torn on the American CE of AC3. I wanted the flag when I saw Major Nelson tweet a picture of it so now I can have that. But at the same time, I want Washington's journal. Dammit, Ubisoft. This is why we can't have nice things!

[quote name='Burning Karma']I'm torn on the American CE of AC3. I wanted the flag when I saw Major Nelson tweet a picture of it so now I can have that. But at the same time, I want Washington's journal. Dammit, Ubisoft. This is why we can't have nice things![/QUOTE]
You can have nice things if you have enough money:cool:

Husband just preordered the AssCreedThree UbiWorkshop Edition. I had originally wanted to get him the Encyclopedia as a present last year, but wasn't able to, so I'm glad I was able to make up for that somewhat by telling him about this CE :p
[quote name='Refluxx']So, I really want to buy the CE for Ni No Kuni, but from what I'm hearing Digital River sucks...

My question is should I pass on getting this CE because of that? I don't want my $120 CE beat to hell while shipping, but I really want that book.[/QUOTE]
In the same situation: these horror stories about Digital River have me worried, and I would love that book as well. Haven't bit yet, but I think I should do so soon if I really want this. Advice, anyone?

[quote name='scott_matthews']Strange, I just placed my order for Ni no Kuni Wizards Edition and it let me order 2 of them without a problem. Here's hoping at least one of them shows up in good condition.[/QUOTE]
Well that sucks considering someone else said they were charged the same amount of shipping as for a single one. God dammit. Guess I'll just be getting the one and regretting that decision later.

Apparently Hitman Absolution has an updated "DELUXE" Special Professional Edition. You get a 10″ Chibi Agent 47 vinyl statue now.

Source

scaled.php

[quote name='WingsDJY']I believe only the DLC is GameStop exclusive. The LE itself should be available everywhere.

Sorry for the confusion, but that was the only image I could find.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining that to me.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Apparently Hitman Absolution has an updated "DELUXE" Special Professional Edition. You get a 10″ Chibi Agent 47 vinyl statue now.

Source

scaled.php

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining that to me.[/QUOTE]

This is a different package than the Professional Edition we are getting in the US and frankly different than the Professional Edition they already announced for the UK. It appears to be UK only as of now and that there will in fact be two different Professional Editions.

That is amazing! I must have it. Why does it seem like the UK is always getting CEs that we aren't or just getting better versions of them? We are SO much bigger, isn't it feasible that they would sell better here?!

[quote name='Zaku77']That is amazing! I must have it. Why does it seem like the UK is always getting CEs that we aren't or just getting better versions of them? We are SO much bigger, isn't it feasible that they would sell better here?![/QUOTE]

Do CEs in the UK plummet in price within a few months like they do in the US? That's the only reason I can think of.

Edit: I updated the RE6 Archives and Anthology edition images in the OP.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Apparently Hitman Absolution has an updated "DELUXE" Special Professional Edition. You get a 10″ Chibi Agent 47 vinyl statue now.

Source

scaled.php

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining that to me.[/QUOTE]

I'd much rather have this!

[quote name='Zaku77']That is amazing! I must have it. Why does it seem like the UK is always getting CEs that we aren't or just getting better versions of them? We are SO much bigger, isn't it feasible that they would sell better here?![/QUOTE]
1) Europe is actually a bigger market for games than North America these days.

2) Square Enix Europe has released nicer CEs than Square Enix North America for at least a few years now.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Do CEs in the UK plummet in price within a few months like they do in the US? That's the only reason I can think of.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure, like here in the US, it depends largely on the physical size of the CE bundle. Usually the CEs that plummet rapidly in retail price are the ones that take up a ton of shelf space. Retailers (especially brick-and-mortar ones) can't afford to waste that much shelf space on a single product (especially given the tiny retail profit margins on media which is usually only about 15-20%).

My guess is that this is doubly true for UK retailers, most of whom have higher overhead per square foot of retail space than retailers in 90% of the US (given cost of rent comparisons). I've always assumed this was the reason that the UK always got such nice svelte CEs focused on Steelbooks, soundtracks, and the like while here in the US we tend to get loads of over-sized statues and other shelf-fillery.

When I lived in England all media as basically priced the same as it was here, but in pounds sterling. so a $60 game would be a $60 pound game ($96 US at the time). Just a useless fact for everyone as I forgot my point.

[quote name='blueshinra']1) Europe is actually a bigger market for games than North America these days.

2) Square Enix Europe has released nicer CEs than Square Enix North America for at least a few years now.[/QUOTE]

That would be an interesting fact, but where did you get this information? I know certain games have sold better in Europe, but that could be down to just cultural differences. Is it actually the overall trend?

[quote name='Zaku77']That would be an interesting fact, but where did you get this information? I know certain games have sold better in Europe, but that could be down to just cultural differences. Is it actually the overall trend?[/QUOTE]
It was news some years ago. Not sure if current figures would still match it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

As for the Square Enix Europe CEs, I follow several of the company's releases for an FF fansite I help run, and have seen some of the lovely stuff they've been getting for games like Crisis Core and Dissidia.

[quote name='blueshinra']It was news some years ago. Not sure if current figures would still match it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

As for the Square Enix Europe CEs, I follow several of the company's releases for an FF fansite I help run, and have seen some of the lovely stuff they've been getting for games like Crisis Core and Dissidia.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zaku77']I know, I have all of them! :3[/QUOTE]

You guys need to post pics of your stuff in the collection thread. I have a few European CEs but it always seems like there's always more.

When I first discovered how many they have that we don't it took me like a year to track them all down. It's well worth it, though! There's a lot of PSP ones, and a ton of steelbooks we don't have as well.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']

is that cheapyD?[/QUOTE]

:applause: Now I want it.

Wonder if I could get him to sign 47's head.

[quote name='bojay1997']This is a different package than the Professional Edition we are getting in the US and frankly different than the Professional Edition they already announced for the UK. It appears to be UK only as of now and that there will in fact be two different Professional Editions.[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad. Thought it was NA too since that link had it listed as well. Guess that was referencing the one below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back