Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SPVietBoy']Blah. I think I preordered the loot chest for the wrong system :( either that or it was the only one available. sucks. I'm going to be so poor soon.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the club :lol:

[quote name='TooPoor']Welcome to the club :lol:[/QUOTE]

Is there a gift basket? I could sell some it on ebay... or save money when I go grocery shopping.

Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal our garbage?! Collector's Edition

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/noimage_bonus.jpghttp://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/noimage_bonus.jpg

• Collectable SteelBook packaging with artwork of the Enchiridion - no printing on the outside of the package!
  • The Enchiridion is a Hero's Handbook' carried by Finn
  • Custom stylus of Finn's Gold Sword
  • Exclusive art book with Pen's drawings and activity book (content TBD)
  • Fold out poster of the Land of Ooo
  • Full version of Adventure Time game
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3d...u-steal-our-garbage-collectors-edition/103210

What's the better way to go:

Resident Evil 6 for Ps3
or
Resident Evil 6 for Xbox360

What are the majority of everyone here going to get? I'm debating which one to go for.

[quote name='mr.Dobalina']What's the better way to go:

Resident Evil 6 for Ps3
or
Resident Evil 6 for Xbox360

What are the majority of everyone here going to get? I'm debating which one to go for.[/QUOTE]

PS3 hands down. You get the entire Resident Evil series 1-6, it just feels complete while xbox has the strange 4-6, code veronica, and a movie. Personally I wish they just went all the way and included everything for the PS3

I'm not into the Resident Evil games but DAMN, is that one awesome set for the PS3 with all the games. That's what should've been done for the MGS: HD Collection!

I absolutely hate threads like this, because I may have just been convinced to buy the DOA 5 Collector's Edition.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Absolutely day one purchase for me too. Is it a GS exclusive? Hopefully not, but if so, so be it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon have it available for preorder as well so BBY might have this also.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Love the Adventure Time CE, especially the steelbook. Too bad I do not have a 3DS.

That steelbook for Forza looks ugly. Please change it![/QUOTE]

Have you seen Forza 4 Steelbook, that thing is so plain and the inside is all black. Unfortunately I'm a sucker for steelbooks so I might end up getting it.

for those into trading in games, i'd imagine the tiv for re6 anthology will be very low since its dlc dependent and likely non-transferrable. i already have re5gold on disc so im gonna wait it out for a price drop/coupon for re6. had everything been on disc i would pick it up on release day.

[quote name='jr1016']Amazon have it available for preorder as well so BBY might have this also.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link for it? The only one I can find is the vanilla version.

they have the adventure time ce for ds too. i was gonna use my bb credit to pick up a 3ds just for this game, but i found the listing for regular ds versionce so im gonna go with that. maybe u can too :D

http://www.gamestop.com/ds/games/ad...u-steal-our-garbage-collectors-edition/103211

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Love the Adventure Time CE, especially the steelbook. Too bad I do not have a 3DS.

That steelbpok for Forza looks ugly. Please change it![/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']for those into trading in games, i'd imagine the tiv for re6 anthology will be very low since its dlc dependent and likely non-transferrable. i already have re5gold on disc so im gonna wait it out for a price drop/coupon for re6. had everything been on disc i would pick it up on release day.[/QUOTE]

Smart, I didn't think of it like that. I'll wait patiently for it to drop and grab it when it's a better price. Good lookin' out.

[quote name='jr1016']http://www.amazon.com/Adventure-Tim...7989&sr=8-1&keywords=adventure+time+steelbook[/QUOTE]Hmm. Amazon or GS...or, in other words:

Amazon
-Possibly-bad CE packaging by Amazon only seen upon game's arrival
-Can use Amazon credit
-No tax

vs.

Gamestop
-Ability to see CE's condition when picking up the game
-Have GS credit to use and not much to use it on IMO
-Need to switch Hitman: Absolution preorder to something else (would rather not cancel outright)

:whistle2:k

[quote name='Vigilante']Hmm. Amazon or GS...or, in other words:

Amazon
-Possibly-bad CE packaging by Amazon only seen upon game's arrival
-Can use Amazon credit
-No tax

vs.

Gamestop
-Ability to see CE's condition when picking up the game
-Have GS credit to use and not much to use it on IMO
-Need to switch Hitman: Absolution preorder to something else (would rather not cancel outright)

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I dunno if everyone has this problem, but all the CEs that come in a box that I pre-order from Gamestop in store always have flaws. I'm a fuss pot, so I require all my boxed CEs to be perfect, but they are fairly obvious defects. Then I'm stick trying to get one somewhere else and swap them out or just not buy it and get my pre-order money back. It is quite annoying!

[quote name='Zaku77']I dunno if everyone has this problem, but all the CEs that come in a box that I pre-order from Gamestop in store always have flaws. I'm a fuss pot, so I require all my boxed CEs to be perfect, but they are fairly obvious defects. Then I'm stick trying to get one somewhere else and swap them out or just not buy it and get my pre-order money back. It is quite annoying![/QUOTE]

Since the beginning of the year I have been getting really good quality as far as collectors editions. Amazon doesn't even take it out of the original box, which is usually made by the game manufacturer to protect it in the first place & they put their own packaging on it as well. I think that is the big problem with gamestop, they are removing it from the manufacturer box to display it or whatever & it gets damaged.

FYI I get most of my special editions from amazon except a couple from newegg & both of these places use the original manufacturer crate. I don't shop at gamestop. Only reason I use newegg is because they keep undercutting amazon directly with emails & no tax. I really got sick of gamestop saying minor damage was not an issue, they can go fuck themselves.

Only bad experience I've had lately was dark souls. It came in a larger tin & amazon/UPS fucked me on it. I called bitching & they replaced it & gave me a 20 dollar giftcard. The tin only had a minor dent at the top (which is not ok with these things), haven't had any problems since.

Dunno how many "wrasslin" fans we have on here, but THQ/WWE announce a collector's edition for WWE '13: The Austin 3:16 Edition

http://wwe.thq.com/buy?ed=le

http://shop.thq.com/store?SiteID=th...=T@@-QQoBAlYAABiYHJAAAABX&rests=1342463771804

Available from only THQ and WWE Shop(?). *WWE Shop hasn't listed it on their site yet, but I have a feeling they may not cause today is 20% off any order $50 or more with a promo code.

$79.99 price tag.

edit: Putting a ? and * next to the latter, because some places mention it'll be available on both while others only THQ.

[quote name='outerfox']Dunno how many "wrasslin" fans we have on here, but THQ/WWE announce a collector's edition for WWE '13: The Austin 3:16 Edition

http://wwe.thq.com/buy?ed=le

http://shop.thq.com/store?SiteID=th...=T@@-QQoBAlYAABiYHJAAAABX&rests=1342463771804

Available from only THQ and WWE Shop(?). *WWE Shop hasn't listed it on their site yet, but I have a feeling they may not cause today is 20% off any order $50 or more with a promo code.

$79.99 price tag.

edit: Putting a ? and * next to the latter, because some places mention it'll be available on both while others only THQ.[/QUOTE]

At that price, I'd honestly only get it if it came with the Axxess Pass for all the DLC. I skipped last year's "People's Edition" because the extras weren't worth it, IMO.

[quote name='eres']http://www.zavvi.com/games/platform...he-white-witch-wizard-s-edition/10624958.html

ni no kuni wizard edition up for pre-order on zavvi

damn I already got :gow,TTT2,SF:25 pre ordered[/QUOTE]

So much for that being a Club Namco online store exclusive.

Hmmm... do I keep my Namco preorders through Digital River or try an order through Zavvi? It's like they picked the two absolute worst places for CE shipment.

Even with Zavvi's current sale price and the 0.99 pound shipping the current exchange rate makes them almost exactly the same price shipped from both vendors.

[quote name='scott_matthews']So much for that being a Club Namco online store exclusive.

Hmmm... do I keep my Namco preorders through Digital River or try an order through Zavvi? It's like they picked the two absolute worst places for CE shipment.

Even with Zavvi's current sale price and the 0.99 pound shipping the current exchange rate makes them almost exactly the same price shipped from both vendors.[/QUOTE]

The Club Namco exclusive is for the North American version. I read they only ship to the US though. Zavvi will have the EU version.

EDIT: Just looked into it a bit more. The English versions will have the content that was included in the re-release in Japan. The game was called Ni No Kuni: All in One Edition. (source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/01/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-arrives-on-january-22-2013/) It doesn't sound like you will run into an issue of having to buy DLC from the UK PSN, unless they happen to release more DLC in the future.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Apparently its only 5$ to pre-order the DOA5 CE.

Went and did it today because i knew i'd kill myself if i missed out on it.[/QUOTE]

I read in one of these threads that someone said if it's a GS exclusive CE, you only get charged $5. If it's a CE sold everywhere, then you have to put down $25.

[quote name='barrit']I read in one of these threads that someone said if it's a GS exclusive CE, you only get charged $5. If it's a CE sold everywhere, then you have to put down $25.[/QUOTE]

It's depends on the MSRP. Most of my CE preorders are in the $10-15 range.

Ah, i assumed it would still be 10$ based on the 80$ price. Good to know then

Still dont get why they jacked the price up to 25$ though. Were they getting tons of cancelled pre-orders post release or something?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Weird. My receipt does say "GME Excl CE SD" so it sounds right, wonder why you got charged more[/QUOTE]

Same here, I only put $5 down and the employee actually looked shocked that the computer only required a $5 deposit. Not sure why this other poster had to pay $25 unless the store is doing its own thing.

I have so much GS credit right now (and I'll end up with a bit more after my $25 e-Rewards GC arrives and the trade-in I'm planning for Thursday goes off without a hitch) that I'm contemplating preordering the DOA5 CE just to do something with it, and I'm not even a real fan of fighting games. I did enjoy the somewhat-simple fighting system in DOA: Dimensions :)3ds:), though.

That is why I don't have a boarlands loot chest preordered...The gamestop guy told me CEs have a $25 pre order and I thought he was trying to scam me.

If a game has a collector's edition, and is more than $59.99 it does require $25 down.

There are some exceptions to this though, but the vast majority will require you to put $25 down on it if you want to reserve it.

Supposedly the reasoning behind it is that they think if someone puts $25 down, they're less likely to cancel. You can still move that $25 to another game if you don't pick it up, so there really are no repercussions.

If they really want to guarantee pre-orders, they should charge a fee every time someone cancels.

just canceled my we are tekken pre-order from game and re ordered trow amazon.de(cheaper and it's amazon) can anyone confirm if the game will be playable in English?

Here's an article from IGN stating Namco Bandai has plans to include more contents in the Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition dependent upon the number of pre-orders they receive. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/19/expand-the-ni-no-kuni-collectors-edition-by-pre-ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back