Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']Namco is doing a program called "Ninostarter", which they'll keep track of all the pre-orders of the Wizard's Edition of Ni no Kuni on Club Namco. The more pre-orders there are, the more content Namco will add to the bundle, all while keeping the same price. The program ends August 31st, so spread the word.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean that the Wizard Edition is going to be rare or not?

[quote name='backseatdog']Does that mean that the Wizard Edition is going to be rare or not?[/QUOTE]Maybe? The game doesn't release until January, so for this promotion to end 8/31, maybe Namco-Bandai will cut off preorders after that date? :???:

[quote name='Vigilante']Maybe? The game doesn't release until January, so for this promotion to end 8/31, maybe Namco-Bandai will cut off preorders after that date? :???:[/QUOTE]

if i preorder it from their website, does it allow you to cancel later on?

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']if i preorder it from their website, does it allow you to cancel later on?[/QUOTE]From the site:

If you chose to pay by check or money order and have not yet sent your payment, your order will automatically be cancelled after 30 days.
You can submit a request to cancel your order on the same day the order was placed (unless your product is on backorder). Please note that your request may not be able to be approved because your order has already been shipped. Click here to submit a request to cancel your order. If your order cannot be cancelled, you will get an email notification when the order is shipped. You can also look up your order to view the shipping status of your order.

[quote name='eres']just canceled my we are tekken pre-order from game and re ordered trow amazon.de(cheaper and it's amazon) can anyone confirm if the game will be playable in English?[/QUOTE]

It should just be a PAL copy, so yes. You're probably just looking at some German writing on the package.

Here's the official Ninostarter page for Ni no Kuni's Wizard Edition. It keeps track of how close it is to reaching the goal (which is at 35% at the moment). It keeps track of how close it is to reaching the goal (which is at 35% at the moment) and how many fans/Facebook Likes it has.

I'll post any major updates to the program, mainly when it's close to reaching or it's hit the goal. At the moment, it's at 35% towards pre-order goal #1.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Does the Club Namco store charge when the order is submitter or when the game ships?[/QUOTE]

If you pay with a credit card, then it charges when shipped. There might be an initial charge, but the money is usually put back in and then taken out when shipped.

With paypal, the money is taken out at that time.

Has there been any comparisons of the DOA demos? I have it preordered on the 360 since Team Ninja has done more games on it than the ps3,just curious if anyone has heard anything.

I feel that I would enjoy this thread more if it had not only release price but the soon after cratered price and people can add groans of overpaying or false "limited" editions.

Anyone think there is a chance of a price drop on the Guild wars 2 collectors. It has been sitting at 149.99, but there still seems to be tons out there?

It's not technically a collector's edition, but I think we should add Kirby's Dream Collection :)wii:), the 20th Anniversary Collection for the Kirby series,to the OP.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of info to go on aside from its system, possible release date (9/16 according to Gamestop.com), and contents judging from this packshot taken from Newegg:

78-190-298-02.jpg

-Wii Game Disc
-CD Soundtrack
-Collectible Book

Amazon doesn't even have a listing for this yet, but Gamestop does; oddly enough, it's listed as being priced at $39.99, $10 below its "MSRP" of $49.99. It's hard to say right now at what value Nintendo plans to price this collection (by comparison, the Super Mario All-Stars Collection retailed for $29.99, IIRC), so whether this is a good deal remains to be seen.

[quote name='Vigilante']It's not technically a collector's edition, but I think we should add Kirby's Dream Collection :)wii:), the 20th Anniversary Collection for the Kirby series,to the OP.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of info to go on aside from its system, possible release date (9/16 according to Gamestop.com), and contents judging from this packshot taken from Newegg:

78-190-298-02.jpg

-Wii Game Disc
-CD Soundtrack
-Collectible Book

Amazon doesn't even have a listing for this yet, but Gamestop does; oddly enough, it's listed as being priced at $39.99, $10 below its "MSRP" of $49.99. It's hard to say right now at what value Nintendo plans to price this collection (by comparison, the Super Mario All-Stars Collection retailed for $29.99, IIRC), so whether this is a good deal remains to be seen.[/QUOTE]

Nice, but this just reminds me how Zelda got hosed in the US.

[quote name='outerfox']http://us.battle.net/wow/en/services/collectors-edition/

Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition

Comes in two Flavors:

Physical $79.99

Digital Deluxe: $59.99

Don't think there's a picture of the back just yet, will update when one pops up.[/QUOTE]

I don't own any WoW games, but might try to get the art book for cheap. I'm into Panda related stuff.

Potential dumbass question: Are WoW expansions also standalone? Or would one still need to get the base WoW?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You need vanilla WoW and the other expansions to play MoP.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Sounds like the entry cost would be pretty steep for a new player if you wanted all the content.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Ouch. Sounds like the entry cost would be pretty steep for a new player if you wanted all the content.[/QUOTE]

Eh. Burning Crusade comes with Classic WoW now. I think Wrath is $20 and Cata is about $30 now. So about $50 on top of the expansion. Plus there's the whole Scroll of Resurrection thing going, so if you quit anytime before Cataclysm came out, you can have a friend send you a scroll and get a free upgrade to Cata.

7645534182_d2e830acab.jpg

Box Art. Also Gamestop will start taking pre-orders for it tomorrow, and it's available on Amazon now: http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraf...keywords=mists+of+pandaria+collectors+edition

Link from Gamestop: http://www.ebgames.com/pc/games/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria-collectors-edition/103752

A recent e-mail from the NISA Online Store let me know about two (2) Mugen Souls Limited Editions. Information and pre-order details have been added to the OP.

Like their other Limited Editions, once it is gone, it is gone. With a limited print run, it is better to pre-order now while you still have the chance. This way, you can regret later than not pre-ordering it at all.

[quote name='Trueblade']A recent e-mail from the NISA Online Store let me know about two (2) Mugen Souls Limited Editions. Information and pre-order details have been added to the OP.

Like their other Limited Editions, once it is gone, it is gone. With a limited print run, it is better to pre-order now while you still have the chance. This way, you can regret later than not pre-ordering it at all.[/QUOTE]

What is the track record on NISA's Limited Editions lately in terms of rarity? I recall opting out of their Disgaea 4 Bundle and was correct in doing so since I got it at a big discount a few months later.

[quote name='backseatdog']What is the track record on NISA's Limited Editions lately in terms of rarity? I recall opting out of their Disgaea 4 Bundle and was correct in doing so since I got it at a big discount a few months later.[/QUOTE]

It seems like they have started to make their CEs exclusive to their online store. (Neptunia Mk2, Meruru, and Mugen Souls.) I think for Disgaea 4, only the full figurine set + CE was limited to their store. The other CE (without the full figure set) was sold at other retailers. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong about the normal Disgaea 4 CE. I just know it wasn't exclusive to their store, but I don't recall if that included the full set of figurines + CE set as well.

Anyone think Mark of Mastery will be hard to come by? I'd love to wait for a price drop but it's looking like it may sell out and never return.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Anyone think Mark of Mastery will be hard to come by? I'd love to wait for a price drop but it's looking like it may sell out and never return.[/QUOTE]

Are stores still taking preorders on them? Even Amazon stopped.

Edit -- Ah, Amazon put them back up. I'll just put my foot in my mouth now.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Ouch. Sounds like the entry cost would be pretty steep for a new player if you wanted all the content.[/QUOTE]

Apparently if you buy MoP you have the option of getting everything else for an extra $20, so $60 total to be able to play.

It's not bad at all.

I was bored at work and felt like contributing, so I added the Guild Wars 2 collector's edition to the OP. Just was looking at it on Amazon, expensive, but looks like a solid CE.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Is it me or Giraffe giving special treat? :lol:[/QUOTE]

This has already been mentioned about a month or two ago when the pictures came up.

[quote name='Zaku77']Amazon UK don't ship games to the US. I know I saw it on one of the other sites that do, though. I think it was HMV.[/QUOTE]

Yup, HMV will ship games to the US. I have the Assassin's Creed III Join or Die Edition preordered from there.

[quote name='Zaku77']UK will also be having RE6 steelbooks
Not sure if they're different.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they'll be different:
51LLi6jM6mL._AA300_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back