Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='giantqtipz']Oh hell no. I'm getting that one instead. DAMN that looks nice.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the steelbooks look sweet as hell too, especially the illustrated one. Too bad it doesn't sound like neither will be included with the Zavvi edition.

*I added the additional info to my post.

[quote name='barrit']Yea, the steelbooks look sweet as hell too, especially the illustrated one. Too bad it doesn't sound like neither will be included with the Zavvi edition.

*I added the additional info to my post.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, barrit! Thanks for posting!

Came out to $200 USD.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, this figure is much more desirable than the lamp. Zavvi gets my money this time. Now if the Euro could drop a little more...

[quote name='proKoyeon']would be awesome if zavvi had the steelbook...free shipping is always nice - def ordering from them if it's offered[/QUOTE]

If it's a Zavvi exclusive, wouldn't they have to have the steelbook?

[quote name='Zaku77']If it's a Zavvi exclusive, wouldn't they have to have the steelbook?[/QUOTE]

naw, that edition doesn't have a steelbook...i think its just an incentive for pre-ordering the game from those other retailers

So possibly a dumb question, I'd love to get the Xbox version of the zavvi limited edition version with the figure. But I wouldn't even be able to play the game right due to region issues? So really id just be paying for the sake of the figure? Never imported before, thanks for your patience and time :).

Really want to get the Zavvi edition with the GAME steelbook. Will game ship the steelbook to the US if you preorder from their site? I've never preordered with them but have heard that international orders don't always get the preorder bonuses....

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']So possibly a dumb question, I'd love to get the Xbox version of the zavvi limited edition version with the figure. But I wouldn't even be able to play the game right due to region issues? So really id just be paying for the sake of the figure? Never imported before, thanks for your patience and time :).[/QUOTE]

Most Xbox 360 games released in Europe are region locked. PS3 games are not. So, chances are you would not be able to play the 360 version on a stock 360.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']So possibly a dumb question, I'd love to get the Xbox version of the zavvi limited edition version with the figure. But I wouldn't even be able to play the game right due to region issues? So really id just be paying for the sake of the figure? Never imported before, thanks for your patience and time :).[/QUOTE]

It usually goes by publisher. EA and Konami do tend to be region locked. Namco Bandai usually is. Ubisoft, on the other hand, never are. Etc.

Do you guys use your steelbooks? I really want to use mine I got for AC3 at best buy but I don't want to scratch it and it sort of bothers me that I have 2 cases for the same game especially when one is just sitting there empty. Also, it's a pain to get the disc out of the holder, I always feel like I'm going to crack the inner ring if the disc

[quote name='JohnWayne']Do you guys use your steelbooks? I really want to use mine I got for AC3 at best buy but I don't want to scratch it and it sort of bothers me that I have 2 cases for the same game especially when one is just sitting there empty. Also, it's a pain to get the disc out of the holder, I always feel like I'm going to crack the inner ring if the disc[/QUOTE]

If you don't want to keep it, you can eBay it for $15-20.

[quote name='panda911']If you don't want to keep it, you can eBay it for $15-20.[/QUOTE]

Well I do want to keep it, and I've never sold anything on eBay before. I don't understand how to figure out the shipping costs lol. I've tried selling stuff on eBay before and nobody ever bids on it and I always check what other ppl are selling the item for. I figure its because I have 0 ratings

[quote name='JohnWayne']Do you guys use your steelbooks? I really want to use mine I got for AC3 at best buy but I don't want to scratch it and it sort of bothers me that I have 2 cases for the same game especially when one is just sitting there empty. Also, it's a pain to get the disc out of the holder, I always feel like I'm going to crack the inner ring if the disc[/QUOTE]

I have lots of Steelbooks and I don't use them to store the games in them. I just buy them for collection purposes, I'm a sucker for Steelbooks. Also some of the Steelbooks is a b!tch to remove the game out when you try to push the middle plastic that holds it, don't want to risk breaking it.

[quote name='jr1016']I have lots of Steelbooks and I don't use them to store the games in them. I just buy them for collection purposes, I'm a sucker for Steelbooks. Also some of the Steelbooks is a b!tch to remove the game out when you try to push the middle plastic that holds it, don't want to risk breaking it.[/QUOTE]

What do you use to store the games that only come with steelbooks?

[quote name='JohnWayne']What do you use to store the games that only come with steelbooks?[/QUOTE]

I have some blank PS3/360 cases that I use.

I have a ton of steelbooks and I actually use them. I'm not a collector that keeps things sealed or plan to resell anything years from now. If that ever changes, I'll just be clear about the conditions they are in. It is harder to remove the discs, but I've never had that much trouble with them.

Great tip depending on the type of Steelbook you are having trouble taking disc out feeling like it will break: Use fingernail clippers on the little plastic nubs protruding. For some reason the spindle in steelbooks have them I noticed. After I clipped those, it snaps in/out fine no worries of it being too lose or tight.

If the game comes separate from the steelbook, maybe just strip the case down as a backup for some other game, while keeping the manual with steelbook.

ive never bought anything from zavvi before, but ive just placed an order for the metal gear rising. should i expect the box to be worn out when I receive it? i live in the US.

also has anyone preordered the european Injustice: Gods Among Us? if so from which store? i cant find it on zavvi. i have one placed on amazon.com right now, but if i can import the european one, ill cancel it

if you guys have better store recommendations to preorder from, please do share :)

[quote name='giantqtipz']ive never bought anything from zavvi before, but ive just placed an order for the metal gear rising. should i expect the box to be worn out when I receive it? i live in the US.

also has anyone preordered the european Injustice: Gods Among Us? if so from which store? i cant find it on zavvi. i have one placed on amazon.com right now, but if i can import the european one, ill cancel it

if you guys have better store recommendations to preorder from, please do share :)[/QUOTE]

Heh you never saw the old zavvi MGS HD LE thread did you? Some soul crushing pics there.
Honestly I know they said they were trying to improve but I haven't ordered from them since and I was also lucky that mine arrived in decent condition.
This probably wasn't much help to you though, lol

[quote name='evophile']Heh you never saw the old zavvi MGS HD LE thread did you? Some soul crushing pics there.
Honestly I know they said they were trying to improve but I haven't ordered from them since and I was also lucky that mine arrived in decent condition.
This probably wasn't much help to you though, lol[/QUOTE]

boooo... damn...

it wasnt zavvis fault though was it? its the carriers fault?

its still a gamble though ughhh

[quote name='giantqtipz']boooo... damn...

it wasnt zavvis fault though was it? its the carriers fault?

its still a gamble though ughhh[/QUOTE]

It was the fault of whoever runs Zavvi's online fulfillment centers (I'm betting it's contracted out). They were packaged like ass. I ordered three copies of it just to ensure one arrived ok (and just one did). The main problem is the cardboard shipping boxes they used were thin and very malleable so they didn't hold up to normal international shipping bumps & bruises.

I'm also keeping an eye out for a UK pre-order of Injustice. I'm hoping it pops up on Amazon UK now that they ship to the US on some items.

I'm one of the ones who bought the MGS Collection from Zavvi. The box came completely wrecked. Ended up throwing it out. The items inside the box were fine though.

I preordered the Zavvi edition of Revengence, but might stick with getting the US edition instead. All I really want is a steelbook with the game.

As for the UK edition of Injustice, it's so much better than the US edition. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for that to pop up somewhere.

Finally got my ACIII Ubiworkshop Edition today. Unfortunately, they sent me the PS3 game instead of the X360 one. Back to chatting with CS.

I'd recommend not ordering from them in the future. Not worth the hassle.

[quote name='barrit']Ouch, that has got to suck.

On a related note, did anyone get the bundle with the shoes? http://shop.ubi.com/store?SiteID=ub...&pbPage=Griffin&pgm=81141400&ThemeID=29282800[/QUOTE]Are you asking if anyone pre-ordered it or if anyone actually received the bundle? Cause that deal is exclusively for PC and aren't being released till November 20th.

This is the first time I'm hearing about this bundle though. I'm not a PC gamer but my interested was piqued when I read that these were a pair of RG3/Rock the Vote inspired Adidas. Still don't think that warrants a $100+ price tag for the shoes though.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Are you asking if anyone pre-ordered it or if anyone actually received the bundle? Cause that deal is exclusively for PC and aren't being released till November 20th.

This is the first time I'm hearing about this bundle though. I'm not a PC gamer but my interested was piqued when I read that these were a pair of RG3/Rock the Vote inspired Adidas. Still don't think that warrants a $100+ price tag for the shoes though.[/QUOTE]

Oh oops, I didn't even notice the release date, I thought it was already out. I barely ran across it the other day as well and I was surprised I had never heard of it either. I was wondering if anyone here had actually preordered it.

[quote name='scott_matthews']I wish Best Buy would release all those awesome FutureShop Steelbooks down here in the States. :([/QUOTE]

i'm always so jealous of the steelbooks they get...an awesome incentive to buy the game on release

[quote name='scott_matthews']I wish Best Buy would release all those awesome FutureShop Steelbooks down here in the States. :([/QUOTE]

I saw a Dead Island Riptide one today at a BB. I didn't even know that thing existed.

I pre-ordered the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Premium Package Limited Edition at Nippon-Yasan.com with pre-orders as a payment. What that means they'll send you invoice by 2-3 weeks before release date. They accept PayPal and major credit card but don't use instant payment when checking out.

Germany Exclusive

Verapckung the Limited Edition

For the release of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (February 21) there will be in addition to the standard version and a limited edition. This Konami announced today and also named to the details of a pre-order promotion for all pre-orders of the Action.

The story of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance revolves around the well-known character Raiden, four years after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4 works as a security agent for Maverick Security Consulting, a peacekeeping PMC (Private Military Company). A mission to protect an African prime minister ends tragically when he is killed by cyborg assassins - an incident that ended Raiden's hopes for a more peaceful life suddenly and catapulted him straight back to the front line.

Steel Book # 1

Armed with his high-frequency sword, cutting through all that Raiden is in the way, he sets out on his mission, the renegade Private Military Company called Desperado Enforcement at all costs to stop.

Clear that in this template Raiden also the heart of European Limited Edition of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is. This includes a 30 cm tall figure of the cyborg agents from Play Arts' Kai series, which will be available exclusively within the Limited Edition. The limited edition in Europe amounts to 25,000 shares at a price of about € 99.95 - in Germany, the limited edition of Media Markt and Saturn offered.

It also contains a special DLC code that can unlock the White Armour Raiden in the game: In this form, Raiden cause an increased number of objects with life-extending themselves.

Steel Book # 2

Preorder of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, however, have the choice between two different Steelbooks, each containing an exclusive DLC. The first Steelbook comes up with a Raiden Illustration Character Concept Artist Yoji Shinkawa. With the included DLC unlock Raiden player Inferno Armour, with which the hero, the number of portable missiles increases. This steelbook is exclusively available for pre-order at Amazon.de.

The second steelbook shows a rendering of graphics and Raiden contains a DLC code for Raiden Commando Armour, with which he has access to a greater number of projectile weapons. This Steelbook is for pre-order exclusively at GameStop.

All these actions are common to both versions of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, both on February 21, 2013.

The information contained in the Limited Edition Action Figure

Source

So in Germany, the limited edition with the figure is at Media Market and Saturn stores. Then one steelbook is available at Amazon.de while the other is at Gamestop.

I hope Amazon.de puts that steelbook up for order separately. I want their steelbook.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I pre-ordered the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Premium Package Limited Edition at Nippon-Yasan.com with pre-orders as a payment. What that means they'll send you invoice by 2-3 weeks before release date. They accept PayPal and major credit card but don't use instant payment when checking out.[/QUOTE]

How nippon yasan vs zavvi? I have mine preordered at zavvi but I heard bad things about zavvi especiallly in regards to mgss hd collection limited

US is getting the short end lately. All we get is earlier release dates but shitty limited editions.

The European edition with the play kai arts figure is $160 USD about $10 retail more then the US LE version. What kills the deals is after shipping cost for importing I'm guessing you guys who pre-ordered are in the $180-$200 ball park.

Does the Euro. LE come with the lamp also?

[quote name='HarajukuJynx']Damn, that Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition looks sexy af.
Sold out apparently :C[/QUOTE]

Ya, that had a 3 month window for pre-orders. I think it sucks that it was an Namco exclusive. Maybe they'll open up like a week or two of more Wizard Edition pre-orders before release? Game comes out in about 2 months.

That LE guide will be sweet to have too. Early next year is going to break me so hard *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back