Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='outerfox']Ya, that had a 3 month window for pre-orders. I think it sucks that it was an Namco exclusive. Maybe they'll open up like a week or two of more Wizard Edition pre-orders before release? Game comes out in about 2 months.

That LE guide will be sweet to have too. Early next year is going to break me so hard *sigh*[/QUOTE]
I and most others that planned on buying it were waiting till it was closer to release. The damn website had a cutoff for their pseudo kickstarter but didn't mention that was ALSO the cutoff for the fucking limited edition.

[quote name='Blaster man']I and most others that planned on buying it were waiting till it was closer to release. The damn website had a cutoff for their pseudo kickstarter but didn't mention that was ALSO the cutoff for the fucking limited edition.[/QUOTE]

I think they cut it off so early because they were only making enough collectors editions to cover the preorder.

Gamestop does have an exclusive Steelbook with the preorder of the standard edition of Ni No Kuni. Obviously, it doesn't have all the extras that the Collector's Edition does, but it is $40 cheaper.
271094_bonusLG.jpg

They should combine the lamp and the figure to have the sword in the figure light up. Perhaps place the entire figure in a glass tube so that the sword can sparkle like a tesla coil, while being held by Raiden.

[quote name='gravel']Gamestop does have an exclusive Steelbook with the preorder of the standard edition of Ni No Kuni. Obviously, it doesn't have all the extras that the Collector's Edition does, but it is $40 cheaper.
271094_bonusLG.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How does the gamestop preordering work? I've never preordered with them before. Do you get the tin right away or when you pickup the game? Are you guaranteed the preorder bonus or is it some limited quantity bullshit? Also, can you cancel easily online? I'd rather have the CE version but if that's not available maybe I should go for this...although I'm not sure it's worth it to pay full price for this tin. Someone early listed the UK version, I wonder if they'll even ship to the US? I've tried to buy from Amazon UK before and they wouldn't ship to me. I had to get from people on eBay Uk.

Well, Amazon UK let me pre-order the CE but in the past they wouldn't ship games to me in the US. I don't know if they'll honor it. Has anyone actually purchased from Amazon UK (not a third party) and had them ship to the US?

edit:
They must have changed the policy since I last tried a few years ago.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/203-9080774-4267127?ie=UTF8&nodeId=524836
I'm still hoping that someone who ordered before can post on here how it went.

[quote name='Blaster man']Well, Amazon UK let me pre-order the CE but in the past they wouldn't ship games to me in the US. I don't know if they'll honor it. Has anyone actually purchased from Amazon UK (not a third party) and had them ship to the US?

edit:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/203-9080774-4267127?ie=UTF8&nodeId=524836
I'm still hoping that someone who ordered before can post on here how it went.[/QUOTE]

Order from amazon germany

[quote name='Blaster man']How does the gamestop preordering work? I've never preordered with them before. Do you get the tin right away or when you pickup the game? Are you guaranteed the preorder bonus or is it some limited quantity bullshit? Also, can you cancel easily online? I'd rather have the CE version but if that's not available maybe I should go for this...although I'm not sure it's worth it to pay full price for this tin. Someone early listed the UK version, I wonder if they'll even ship to the US? I've tried to buy from Amazon UK before and they wouldn't ship to me. I had to get from people on eBay Uk.[/QUOTE]

A few you receive them when you preorder. The majority you get when you pick up the game. The Ni No Kuni steelbook is when you pick up the game.

In many cases they get far more preorder bonuses than preorders. Like with Child of Eden. Nobody preordered, but most of them were shipped over 50 posters. In other cases it's extremely limited and still first come first serve. Like the Xenoblade preorder bonus. Four people preordered it at the store I got it from, but they only got two booklets.

I have no idea about canceling preorders online. Never done that before.

[quote name='Blaster man']Well, Amazon UK let me pre-order the CE but in the past they wouldn't ship games to me in the US. I don't know if they'll honor it. Has anyone actually purchased from Amazon UK (not a third party) and had them ship to the US?

edit:
I'm still hoping that someone who ordered before can post on here how it went.[/QUOTE]

You got lucky because Amazon UK literally just started shipping games to the US a few weeks back. Whether it lasts is another question as I imagine the US publishing arms aren't going to be happy with people being able to easily import games at lower than US prices in some cases. In any event, I have ordered and received maybe 7-8 games from Amazon.UK in the past few weeks and they were shipped in either bubble pouches or standard looking brown cardboard Amazon boxes. I haven't ordered oversize CEs from them, so I have no idea how they pack fragile items.

[quote name='bojay1997']You got lucky because Amazon UK literally just started shipping games to the US a few weeks back. Whether it lasts is another question as I imagine the US publishing arms aren't going to be happy with people being able to easily import games at lower than US prices in some cases. In any event, I have ordered and received maybe 7-8 games from Amazon.UK in the past few weeks and they were shipped in either bubble pouches or standard looking brown cardboard Amazon boxes. I haven't ordered oversize CEs from them, so I have no idea how they pack fragile items.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information. :)
Like I said, I tried to order some stuff from them years ago and ended up buying some things from eBay's UK site.
There's really only a few consoles it will matter for anyway.
PS3/PSP/PSV and DS games (but not games specific to the DSi) should work but the Wii, Xbox 360, DSi specific games, 3DS, and presumably the Wii U are/will be region locked.

If I get word that I'll be able to buy the Wizard edition locally then I'll cancel the foreign pre-order. They haven't exactly been transparent about availability.

[quote name='Blaster man']Speaking of special editions....I didn't know that one came out for Tales of Graces F. Wonder if I should import this as well?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Graces-Special-Day-Edition/dp/B007X13MJ0

I just used a currency conversion calculator and that's roughly $60...[/QUOTE]
This appeared previously in one of the threads. I personally am torn between importing this or the Japanese version for the VA. I would like both, but my wallet doesn't agree. There are some Youtube unboxing videos, the artbook is pretty cool.

[quote name='TooPoor']This appeared previously in one of the threads. I personally am torn between importing this or the Japanese version for the VA. I would like both, but my wallet doesn't agree. There are some Youtube unboxing videos, the artbook is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the game yet and that price is barely more expensive than the regular US version!

[quote name='Blaster man']I haven't played the game yet and that price is barely more expensive than the regular US version![/QUOTE]
I know, I am waiting out on those Zavvi sales to grab one, hopefully.

edit:

I am in the US and have ordered from Amazon UK. I just received my Assassins Creed 3 Join or Die Edition over the weekend. I also have successful orders put through for Ni No Kuni Wizard, Far Cry 3 Insane, and Hitman Absolution Deluxe Pro. All PS3 editions, btw.

[quote name='bojay1997']You got lucky because Amazon UK literally just started shipping games to the US a few weeks back. Whether it lasts is another question as I imagine the US publishing arms aren't going to be happy with people being able to easily import games at lower than US prices in some cases. In any event, I have ordered and received maybe 7-8 games from Amazon.UK in the past few weeks and they were shipped in either bubble pouches or standard looking brown cardboard Amazon boxes. I haven't ordered oversize CEs from them, so I have no idea how they pack fragile items.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember any specific examples?

I've only ordered some blu-ray from Amazon.co.uk because yes they were cheaper, and never came out in US or out of print like Ghost in the Shell 2.0. But more recently I've ordered from Amazon.de for some games that have better extras or just don't get localized in US or no physical copy anyway. I just remember their shipping was like $12 or $16 alone.

Another thing is, I'm just fed up with lame US releases, seeing all the UK releases have better CE's. Most of the time, the extra cost to import is worth it. But if it's cheaper, please point me in that direction!

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Do you remember any specific examples?

I've only ordered some blu-ray from Amazon.co.uk because yes they were cheaper, and never came out in US or out of print like Ghost in the Shell 2.0. But more recently I've ordered from Amazon.de for some games that have better extras or just don't get localized in US or no physical copy anyway. I just remember their shipping was like $12 or $16 alone.

Another thing is, I'm just fed up with lame US releases, seeing all the UK releases have better CE's. Most of the time, the extra cost to import is worth it. But if it's cheaper, please point me in that direction![/QUOTE]

I can tell you that when the PS3 was fairly young I tried to order from Amazon UK because the prices there had dropped like crazy while the games here were full price. I don't remember all the games but I remember one was Uncharted (1) and another was LittleBigPlanet. They were roughly $20 (after conversion) and still $60 in the US! I ended up buying them from eBay UK. So I'd definitely keep a look out for that during the next console cycle.

[quote name='Blumpkin']IGN Just spilled the beans on the awesome looking Walking Dead Collectors Edition. Unfortunately it looks like a GameStop exclusive, but I think the extra $40 is well spent.

twdcollectors-editiongamestopjpg-fcdc8c_800w-610x356.jpg

The set will be available for $69.99 on December 4th and includes:
  • A disc containing all five episodes of the game
  • The Walking Dead Compendium One (which normally retails for $59.99 and includes the first 48 issues) with exclusive Charlie Adlard cover art
  • A Collector’s Edition box featuring Charlie Adlard artwork
Full story: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/21/the-walking-dead-the-game-retail-bundle-details

Nothing on GameSpot's website yet for the collector edition, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for it.

Also note that you can get the season pass if you only want the digital version for just $19.99[/QUOTE]

I just realized that the $19.99 season pass is a different WD game. The new one that's coming out in December is not a point and click game... The Activision game is actually $59.99, so you're really getting the compendium volume one for $10! I might have to to pre-order this.

[quote name='Serpentor']I just realized that the $19.99 season pass is a different WD game. The new one that's coming out in December is not a point and click game... The Activision game is actually $59.99, so you're really getting the compendium volume one for $10! I might have to to pre-order this.[/QUOTE]

No, you're not. This isn't the collector's edition for Activision's Walking Dead...this is the collector's edition for Telltale's Walking Dead. It's not a shooter.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']No, you're not. This isn't the collector's edition for Activision's Walking Dead...this is the collector's edition for Telltale's Walking Dead. It's not a shooter.[/QUOTE]
Doh, you're right, thanks for the correction... The WD CE is not the Activision's TWD: the video game, which coming out 12/31/13... Sorry about the confusion!

[quote name='henry00x']happy i ordered the songbird edition, had a feeling it would sell out[/QUOTE]

It still shows all 3 collector's editions up there on amazon for me.

I'm sure most of you guys saw this was announced yesterday. The UK Gamestop exclusive DMC: Son of Sparda Edition. The packaging sure looks awesome - not sure about the necklace. The Gamestop UK website doesn't currently have it up for preorder, but soon I'm sure.

Warning, this image is MASSIVE:
dmc-x360-special-editwiieb.jpg

Not exactly a CE, but I saw this earlier:

Assassin's Creed Anthology and it comes with a steelbook. It's only for France for now, but Ubi said they will be making an official announcement this week. The games come with all DLC and lithographs.

919hkIyl14L._AA1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blinknot4']I'm sure most of you guys saw this was announced yesterday. The UK Gamestop exclusive DMC: Son of Sparda Edition. The packaging sure looks awesome - not sure about the necklace. The Gamestop UK website doesn't currently have it up for preorder, but soon I'm sure.

Warning, this image is MASSIVE:
dmc-x360-special-editwiieb.jpg
[/QUOTE]
actually seems rather disappointing hope it will get something more substantial

[quote name='eres']actually seems rather disappointing hope it will get something more substantial[/QUOTE]

Wait, so all five fucking games is not substantial for you?

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Wait, so all five fucking games is not substantial for you?[/QUOTE]Uh...you know he was talking about the DMC: Son of Sparda Edition, not the Assassin's Creed Anthology, right?

[quote name='showtimefolks']the walking dead collectors edition will only be 10.000 copies. so get yours while you can if interested[/QUOTE]

Who cares? It's a flimsy cardboard box and a different cover on a book you can buy elsewhere for less. Do you collect cardboard boxes and slightly different covers? I can understand if you were going to buy both items anyway, but if you're specifically buying this because you think it will be rare or valuable, you are kidding yourself.

[quote name='bojay1997']Who cares? It's a flimsy cardboard box and a different cover on a book you can buy elsewhere for less. Do you collect cardboard boxes and slightly different covers? I can understand if you were going to buy both items anyway, but if you're specifically buying this because you think it will be rare or valuable, you are kidding yourself.[/QUOTE]
I'll take this over the shitty arse overpriced SF Collection any day.

A lot of the CE have dropped in prices.
Uncharted 3 CE at BB is only 30 dollars.
Skyrim CE at GS is 60 dollars.
FF13-2 is 40 dollars at most stores.
SoulCalibur V CE 40 dollars at GS.
Mass Effect 3 N7 CE 30 dollars at GS.
And so on. I recomend if you want a CE you look at the stores prices right now because it probably cost less if it has been out for more then 6 months. Some might be sold out by now though.

[quote name='Kikyou1']A lot of the CE have dropped in prices.
Uncharted 3 CE at BB is only 30 dollars.
Skyrim CE at GS is 60 dollars.
FF13-2 is 40 dollars at most stores.
SoulCalibur V CE 40 dollars at GS.
Mass Effect 3 N7 CE 30 dollars at GS.
And so on. I recomend if you want a CE you look at the stores prices right now because it probably cost less if it has been out for more then 6 months. Some might be sold out by now though.[/QUOTE]

not many collectors or limited editions are worth the asking price, if a game is made by a big publisher chances are there will be plenty meaning 4-6 months wait time but can pay less than half the price

i wanted witcher 2 dark edition i think it was called and around me in new orleans total of 8 gamestops got 1 and that was a pre order. so sometimes its hard to judge, i just got max payne 3 for $30 when i pre ordered GTA5 which i was planning to buy anyway. so that's huge saving for a game that came out not that long ago

walking dead
bioshock
gta 5

these 3 are the ones i see being very limited

[quote name='bojay1997']Who cares? It's a flimsy cardboard box and a different cover on a book you can buy elsewhere for less. Do you collect cardboard boxes and slightly different covers? I can understand if you were going to buy both items anyway, but if you're specifically buying this because you think it will be rare or valuable, you are kidding yourself.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this one... The cardboard box can easily be "hand made." The WD game is the very same standard version, no steelcase or anything. The only noticeable thing is the cover of the WD Compendium Vol 1, a different cover. However, that's plain lame no matter how you look at it. The compendium is not even hardcover for the record...

It's a limited collector's item. You can't hand make that box, and a different cover is still a different cover. For people that collect, this is plenty.

Passed on Persona 4 Solid Gold preorders since I've played the PS2 game, didnt want a Vita before, and have yet to play P3, but now I want it. What are the chances of the Solid Gold showing up at GameStop, or preferably Frys?

[quote name='IzzyF3']Passed on Persona 4 Solid Gold preorders since I've played the PS2 game, didnt want a Vita before, and have yet to play P3, but now I want it. What are the chances of the Solid Gold showing up at GameStop, or preferably Frys?[/QUOTE]Unlikely, though there is a chance of some popping back up on Amazon as we draw closer to the release date, as what happened with The Witcher 2: AoK Dark Edition. I'm kind-of-sort-of holding out for that happening--if I can get one, I will; if I can't, I have the $29.99 Newegg preorder of the standard edition.

[quote name='giantqtipz']man... we keep getting the editions with crap extras.

what the hell??[/QUOTE]

1) C'mon, you don't like avatar hats!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back