Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody opens their 3ds only 90 degrees either though. The top usually faces down when open unlike a laptop. It's usually only seen closed. I understand the point, just think it's a little different from laptops.

I missed this when the system launched and really wanted one but was too poor to pay for it in full like gamestop wanted. I like the Hyrule edition better, but for a new system in box, this looks like a good buy.

I'm a little confused by what you mean. In the photos linked to the 3DS, like al special edition 3DS handhelds, when opened the artwork is upside down. That's what I can't stand.

I'm a little confused by what you mean. In the photos linked to the 3DS, like al special edition 3DS handhelds, when opened the artwork is upside down. That's what I can't stand.
When you hold it and play it, the back faces down. You don't really see the artwork. I understand you. I just never really think about that because I only see the cover closed.

When you hold it and play it, the back faces down. You don't really see the artwork. I understand you. I just never really think about that because I only see the cover closed.

Ah yes. Knowing it's upside down to others when in use is what irks me. It's a bad design in my opinion. It's why Apple always designs their items with the logo right side up.

https://twitter.com/futurepress/status/1103431858489053184?s=21
giphy.gif

Let's hope FS doesn't do something stupid like release the book months after the game launches, like they did with Ni no Kuni 2.

Let's hope FS doesn't do something stupid like release the book months after the game launches, like they did with Ni no Kuni 2.
The Amazon page shows April 15th, 3-4 weeks after release. Hopefully that doesn't change.

Ah yes. Knowing it's upside down to others when in use is what irks me. It's a bad design in my opinion. It's why Apple always designs their items with the logo right side up.
They were making the argument that your screen on a 3ds is generally parallel to the floor unlike a laptop which rest at 90 degrees so other people never really see the design.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Prima died because their guides were crap unless David Hodgson wrote them. Future Press guides are very well researched and written
Truth, an understatement as a matter of fact. FuturePress is the standard when it comes to guides, be it regular or Collector’s editions. They get down to the nitty gritty with the wealth of knowledge in each guide. My first FP guide was Killzone 2, which I imported from the UK for $30. I sucked at multiplayer, but got better very fast (less than a week) after reading up on the section in the book. They break everything down so well. Stuck with them ever since. I also had the BradyGames guide and there was absolutely no comparison (ended up selling it for $5).

Fun fact: My second FP guide - Bayonetta, imported from the UK through Amazon, $30 brand new!

That may be true, though a guide should never come close to and surpass the cost of the game. Especially when games anymore consistently change days and weeks post launch. Most games nowadays play entirely different months or years later, making the guides obsolete.
When it comes to FuturePress guides on Amazon, the price usually comes down before it releases, which you’re guaranteed to get if you preorder.

That Darkest Dungeon "CE" is a better candidate for the GOTY thread, assuming all the DLC is on cart/disc. And in hindsight, it's way more attractive than the Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition I bought.

After seeing the unboxing of DMC5 CE, I was disappointed. The vehicle is pretty tiny than what I expected and it’s really not worth the $150 in MY opinion.

That Darkest Dungeon "CE" is a better candidate for the GOTY thread, assuming all the DLC is on cart/disc. And in hindsight, it's way more attractive than the Darkest Dungeon Ancestral Edition I bought.
The Best Buy listing also mentions "This version of the innovative turn-based RPG contains all DLC releases, plus special bonuses that include a riveting comic book." I'm pretty sure the comic book was included in the Special Reserve Games Special Edition so I have to wonder if some other items from that are included.

The Best Buy listing also mentions "This version of the innovative turn-based RPG contains all DLC releases, plus special bonuses that include a riveting comic book." I'm pretty sure the comic book was included in the Special Reserve Games Special Edition so I have to wonder if some other items from that are included.
Oddly, it also says the PS4 version comes with the comic. :p

I just noticed that the New 3DS XL Majora's Mask Edition NIB is in stock at the Nintendo Store for $199.99. These sold out hard back in 2015 and appear to be selling on Ebay for ~$280 new.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod880778&categoryId=cat750772
And all gone.
Mine shipped already. Nice. thanks dnl2ba

Another MSRP CE gem appears to be available at the Nintendo Store:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Special Edition - $139.99

Nintendo Store has surprised me with some amazing back stock at times. Still mad I didn't order those NIB colored DSi XLs for $75 when they went on clearance a few years ago. I thought I ordered, but I apparently never submitted until after they were OOS.

Catherine Full Body Premium Edition is up on Bestbuy, now I can cancel Amazon's

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah looks like PS4 sold out for delivery at BB again. Xbox One is available for pickup near me but not until March 13th, which likely means it's a shipment from another region.

Was able to grab a couple Deluxe Editions last night.  Still in the preparing state, so we shall see if they are even fulfilled.

Do you know the difference between the two CE's on Amazon Japan? One's cheaper than the other.
Amazon usually has two editions for things, with one "Amazon exclusive" including something small like an extra poster or keychain. In this case if you translate to English it says "Original Panorama Colored Paper"

Mine says shipped now
Mine are store pickup. I had ordered the regular edition there for the pre-order content, and the Deluxe came available after the release date. So I just set it for store pickup at the same spot since they didn't have limited stock. We shall see if I even get them lol.

EDIT: They are ready for pickup. fucking score lol

Just watched an unboxing for the DMC5 CE, so glad that amazon cancelled my order a few months ago. I guess they check the card sometimes when you preorder, and I got it for $119, card declined, so they cancelled. 

Just watched an unboxing for the DMC5 CE, so glad that amazon cancelled my order a few months ago. I guess they check the card sometimes when you preorder, and I got it for $119, card declined, so they cancelled.
At $120 it still feels like a rip-off

https://twitter.com/nintendeal/status/1104069046922809345?s=21
Yeah, I mentioned Bendy appeared to be getting a wide retail release a few days ago when I saw it up for preorder at Bull Moose. Some Gamestop exclusives stay exclusive, but some of them do go to wide release later on.

That DMC5 CE is a huge ripoff. I thought the motorhome lit up lol
Pretty unfortunate missed opportunity imo. Hard pass. At least the game is good and I honestly shouldn't be spending $150+ anyways lol

I also get the feeling it will be available for a lot cheaper in the near future.

Catherine Full Body Premium Edition is up on Bestbuy, now I can cancel Amazon's

Thanks for posting this as I have been waiting for this to come in stock at BB so I can use my GCU although for some reason I could not for the life of me get the $1 for pickup no matter what I did so just got it shipped.

Thanks for posting this as I have been waiting for this to come in stock at BB so I can use my GCU although for some reason I could not for the life of me get the $1 for pickup no matter what I did so just got it shipped.
The promo may have ended. I haven't seen it show up lately either

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back