Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-order or otherwise, I don't know that I've ever had an order from BestBuy arrive when it's supposed to. It's usually 1-2 business days late.
Probably because I'm elite plus, but I always get my pre-orders on release. They will over night them if they have too. Happened with Rage 2.

Probably because I'm elite plus, but I always get my pre-orders on release. They will over night them if they have too. Happened with Rage 2.
I'm Elite Plus as well. I still have GCU and my wife and I bought a few appliances from BestBuy that have kept us in the qualifying spending range.

On more than one occasion they've "overnighted" something at like 9 PM from a few states away (which is too late for the carrier to reasonably deliver it in time). Support has been Play-Asia levels of atrocious for me, too on the few occasions I've bothered contacting them.

I'm Elite Plus as well. I still have GCU and my wife and I bought a few appliances from BestBuy that have kept us in the qualifying spending range.

On more than one occasion they've "overnighted" something at like 9 PM from a few states away (which is too late for the carrier to reasonably deliver it in time). Support has been Play-Asia levels of atrocious for me, too on the few occasions I've bothered contacting them.
Maybe there is a error in the shipping diagnostics to your address? Usually they ship ups ground 2 business days before launch. Never before. So they know how long it takes UPS to get to me.

For me bestbuy is the best shipping. I cant remeber last time something wasent ship to me when I was supposed to get it. Hell I have had employees drive from a store near by and drop stuff off we have ordered.

Maybe there is a error in the shipping diagnostics to your address? Usually they ship ups ground 2 business days before launch. Never before. So they know how long it takes UPS to get to me.
I don't even think it's that, their system just legitimately seems to forget to ship my stuff sometimes. This is an order I placed earlier in the week that was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, still listed as "preparing" and it's past 10 PM my time:

3RnGHTS.png

I don't even think it's that, their system just legitimately seems to forget to ship my stuff sometimes. This is an order I placed earlier in the week that was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, still listed as "preparing" and it's past 10 PM my time:

3RnGHTS.png
Sometime Bestbuy system won't update on the consumer end, happened to me a few times when stuff not shipping out despite delivery expect to be tomorrow. The status then magically update to "Delivered" the next day. Hit up with Bestbuy CS to see how things looking from their end.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Maybe they meant Friday, May 17 2024
At this rate I suppose so. I'll post back in five years when it gets delivered.

Sometime Bestbuy system won't update on the consumer end, happened to me a few times when stuff not shipping out despite delivery expect to be tomorrow. The status then magically update to "Delivered" the next day. Hit up with Bestbuy CS to see how things looking from their end.

I got a "delayed" email this morning and the order now has no delivery date. :roll: I'm not surprised, just disappointed (again).

Sometimes when things aren't moving its because they are trying to pick items from other stores to ship out.
Which is fine, I get that logistics are challenging. However, I do wish their dates reflected that or was at least transparent enough to provide a range rather than assert a specific day. If it's going to take them a week to deliver, I'd rather them just tell me that than string me along by missing dates and delaying the order.

The sad thing is, my backlog is so massive it pretty much doesn't matter if new stuff gets delivered on time. I barely play online multiplayer stuff anymore (maybe I'll pick that back up as my kids get older) and for single player, there's no need to play it immediately.

Oh ya, Kickstarter is scammy as shit, never doing that again. We were suppose to have our exclusive "Physical Collector's Editions" of Indivisible the beginning of 2018. Still nothing and they're now releasing standard editions physically at Amazon & everywhere else. They implied that by backing them the "physical CE" was essentially the only way to get a physical copy. Bunch of crooks.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is showing a free metal case offer now with purchase at Best Buy (Switch version only currently):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-nintendo-switch/6346504.p?skuId=6346504

Sigh...I guess my KIckstarter copy still comes with exclusive slip cover for nearly double the price. Remind me to think long and hard about doing Kickstarters in the future.
At least it wasn't like Mighty No. 9. Put your money to fund them? We'll reward you with no upgrade path to the better versions other people get before you.

Be sure you keep an eye on it. I had a 20$ order- said preparing for 2-3 weeks, then said shipped. Never got it called around week 5. They said it was lost. Called the carrier- they never received it from Best Buy. Called BB back- she said carrier lost it- told her they said otherwise- asked if she had any info stating this from carrier- no sir. Then she said 30 day policy. It’s too late, sorry.

Lol. Filed a complaint @ BBB. They admittedly took my money and didn’t ship an item.

Nicalis's store just launched: https://store.nicalis.com/

None of the mythical Vita games yet, but they did distribute a discount code for your first purchase: 15OFFONJOIN

Lots of launch editions and bonus goodies are there, figured it was worth posting here as well.

Hmm my Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth ''Showtime'' Premium Edition order from Amazon just got marked as shipped and to be delivered by the 22nd..

Hmm my Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth ''Showtime'' Premium Edition order from Amazon just got marked as shipped and to be delivered by the 22nd..
I received mine today and of course it came in a huge bubble mailer and was completely crushed. Surprising that it came so early before the release date though.

I received mine today and of course it came in a huge bubble mailer and was completely crushed. Surprising that it came so early before the release date though.
Most retailers get punished for releasing things before release date, let alone over 2 weeks before. This is Amazon though so I doubt Atlus/Sega will do anything about it.

Will be nice if they let other retailers release early because of it, but again I doubt that will happen.

Not sure if this is the place for this, but SE rewards sale going on.  Some items for only 10 pts, like the FF Type-0 steelbook.  Shipping kills again, unless you redeem for more stuff.

can't get into my SE account and reset password email still never showing.

Who wants to get / sell me a Kingdom Hearts steelbook ?   :whistle2:  :D/

no idea on my points, guess we'll see

can't get into my SE account and reset password email still never showing.

Who wants to get / sell me a Kingdom Hearts steelbook ? :whistle2: :D/

no idea on my points, guess we'll see
Yeah just ridiculous, I just gave up as well. Should not have to reset password every time I want to buy something

I had so much trouble trying to login to order Stormblood CE that I decided I wasn't going to resub to FFXIV. It's sad that the authentication is so messed up.

Would've been nice if KH one as cheap as the FF Type 0

Looks like it did? I remember getting these so I checked my order, they were 150 pts back in Aug 2017, which is when they re-launched the store and people get extra points or something. They're down to 30 pts now so, pretty big drop.

Edit* shipping was also way cheaper too, for that steelbook and a mini-artbook for FF Type-0, it was only $9. Now shipping for 1 steelbook is $10.

Edit* But I'll say this, their new store is WAAAAAAYYYY better than the one run by those nightmare-y terrible DigitalRiver.

Looks like it did? I remember getting these so I checked my order, they were 150 pts back in Aug 2017, which is when they re-launched the store and people get extra points or something. They're down to 30 pts now so, pretty big drop.

Edit* shipping was also way cheaper too, for that steelbook and a mini-artbook for FF Type-0, it was only $9. Now shipping for 1 steelbook is $10.

Edit* But I'll say this, their new store is WAAAAAAYYYY better than the one run by those nightmare-y terrible DigitalRiver.
KH 30 points? I'm seeing 120

Got very lucky with a game today.

I was tracking it and it was marked as "delivered" from the post office at around 5:00. But it wasn't in the mailbox and I had no mail either. Usually in this case it means they were late on the delivery and just marked it as delivered and they'd deliver it tomorrow, but at 5:30 my mail was delivered and the game wasn't in there with it. Thankfully, I was home and not busy and I looked outside and saw the postman out there down the other end of the street still delivering mail." I ran him down and he was like "huh... that's odd. If I had your package I'd definitely have delivered it with the rest of your mail. Then he's like "oh crap wait, what is your tracking number?" and I showed him. and he's like crap, I'll be right back. And I saw him drive down to the next street over, get out of the delivery truck and run over to a house, hop back on the truck and drive back over toward me. And he's like sorry I delivered it to the wrong house.

If I wasn't home that would have been a lost package, unless the residents were honest enough to bring it over to me.

The stresses of ordering CEs and LEs.

Got very lucky with a game today.

I was tracking it and it was marked as "delivered" from the post office at around 5:00. But it wasn't in the mailbox and I had no mail either. Usually in this case it means they were late on the delivery and just marked it as delivered and they'd deliver it tomorrow, but at 5:30 my mail was delivered and the game wasn't in there with it. Thankfully, I was home and not busy and I looked outside and saw the postman out there down the other end of the street still delivering mail." I ran him down and he was like "huh... that's odd. If I had your package I'd definitely have delivered it with the rest of your mail. Then he's like "oh crap wait, what is your tracking number?" and I showed him. and he's like crap, I'll be right back. And I saw him drive down to the next street over, get out of the delivery truck and run over to a house, hop back on the truck and drive back over toward me. And he's like sorry I delivered it to the wrong house.

If I wasn't home that would have been a lost package, unless the residents were honest enough to bring it over to me.
The stresses of ordering CEs and LEs.
I have a PO Box that I try to use for everything unless it's not eligible for PO Box delivery. My post office also recently added street address delivery (kind of like a UPS store mailbox), so I may switch all my deliveries to the post office. They haven't lost a single package in the 2 years I've been doing it this way.

How is the square enix store with just shipping those individual steelbooks. Have some points to burn but won’t be worth that shipping cost if it comes all banged up

How is the square enix store with just shipping those individual steelbooks. Have some points to burn but won’t be worth that shipping cost if it comes all banged up
I've ordered a few over the years and they've packed them pretty well.

Anybody had any luck with regards to DLC codes still working for Amazon warehouse purchases? Like, used or like new editions that otherwise come with season passes and the "bonus downloadable content may have already been redeemed" disclaimer. What's our verdict? Lost cause? Crap shoot?

Anybody had any luck with regards to DLC codes still working for Amazon warehouse purchases? Like, used or like new editions that otherwise come with season passes and the "bonus downloadable content may have already been redeemed" disclaimer. What's our verdict? Lost cause? Crap shoot?
Don’t expect the codes to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back