Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a nice box as well: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pokemon-sword-and-pokemon-shield-double-pack-switch/

cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png
No mention of anything but the two games included.

Doubt it comes with the steelbook. Last time they did it, the NA version was just the two games with a code for an in-game item. The EU got both games with the steelbook.

Have a feeling it’ll be the same thing again.

Forgot about that one. It may have been Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire actually. I just remember one double pack being released as-is over here while it had the steelbook overseas. It would say on the front if it came with it, wouldn’t it?
It was Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, but to be fair, that was several years ago before steelbook editions were really a thing. I'd be pretty disappointed if these bundles don't come with a steelbook case when PAL versions are getting them.

Destiny 2:  ShadowKeep CE:

:xb1: -- https://bungiestore.com/products/preorder-destiny-2-shadowkeep-collectors-edition-xbox-one
:ps4: -- https://bungiestore.com/products/preorder-destiny-2-shadowkeep-collectors-edition-ps4
:pc: -- https://bungiestore.com/products/preorder-destiny-2-shadowkeep-collectors-edition-steam-pc

Steam_ESRB.jpg

Contents:

Digital Products delivered via Email before September 17, 2019:
  • Digital Code for Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe Edition, with Digital Deluxe Edition In-game Bonuses
  • Digital Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Original Soundtrack
Collector's Edition Exclusive Physical Collectible Bundle Contents delivered on or before September 17, 2019:
  • A Collector's Edition exclusive In-game Emblem Code: An exclusive in-game emblem code printed inside the physical collectible bundle.
  • Hive Cryptoglyph Replica: Follow clues in the Collector’s Edition to unlock the Hive Cryptoglyph and its secret contents. Dimensions: 7.8”L.
  • Metal Luna Mission Container: A metal Luna mission folio that holds esoteric relics and records. Dimensions: 8.6”L x 5.9”W.
  • Luna Mission Handbook: Containing 40 pages of schematics and design documents.
  • Luna Journal: A 160-page journal featuring additional story content that is bound with the mysterious charms and talismans of Eris Morn.
  • Artifacts from the Golden Age
More photos:

1000x1000_HiveKey_ec2c6edc-79a6-4c5b-a134-faeff21f57d2.jpg

1000x1000_ManualBooklet_75fe22a0-6483-43f5-8607-c4af720762ae.jpg

1000x1000_Notebook_c106f8ea-b5d9-4e0f-99cb-14cff2e09be3.jpg

1000x1000_Soundtrack_3abb404c-04b5-4b0b-b5dc-4fdc426e2383.jpg

No mention of a SteelBook per se, but I don't really care beause I'm buying it anyway. :) Also, I'm not sure if this is a Bungie Store exclusive or not.

If destiny is embracing MMO and cross save, does that mean any content I buy on PS4, is unlocked on ANY platform?
The main game is going free to play, but I'm sure you will need to buy the expansions on any platform you move to. It sounds more like a save transfer than a real cross play.

Also, Destiny digital premium edition things always suck, so don't buy the CE for that reason.

Edit: And a very big no for $150 for that hive sex toy edition Bungie is trying to sell.

The main game is going free to play, but I'm sure you will need to buy the expansions on any platform you move to. It sounds more like a save transfer than a real cross play.

Also, Destiny digital premium edition things always suck, so don't buy the CE for that reason.

Edit: And a very big no for $150 for that hive sex toy edition Bungie is trying to sell.
Hive. sex. toy.... perfect :applause: :bow:

The steelbook collector in me wants to snag it right away, but it's not very nice looking and I don't like the look of the covermon.

Ubisoft store has a pretty big E3 sale going on and both Division 2 CEs are in stock and 33% off. In 1 week (still during the sale) the game will be 3 months old and the 20% off for 100 uplay points should work. That's if the games are still in stock.

https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?dwvar_5b06a39a4e0165fa45ffdd05_Platform=xbox1&pid=5b06a39a4e0165fa45ffdd05&lang=en_US&edition=Dark%20Zone%20Definitive%20Collector&source=detail

No other CEs are in stock, but a few figures/statues are and on sale.
Hey thanks for this. Do you know the exact date we would be able to apply the 20% off uplay points? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Regarding the Pokemon Dualpack: Nintendo of America usually puts out inferior CEs/bundles compared to Nintendo of Europe so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the steelbook ends up EU-exclusive. For what it's worth I've yet to see any confirmation that it is included.
Since Amazon didnt have it at launch like they did with a few of the other 3ds two packs, I'm pretty much expecting Nintendo to pull another Let's Go and give it to Best Buy 3 months after the game comes out and charge $40 for the steelbook alone.

whomever is doing the CAG feed is pretty funny lol

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1137819494787756035/photo/1

I used my $10 birthday discount on xbox gold this morning.  It would have been nice to save $25 instead of $7, but oh well.  I got it pre-ordered. My card expires before then, so got a gift card and paid in full.  I like doing that anywho if I don't go to gamestop and pay it off slowly in store.

Cyberpunk CE will be in the bargain bin guaranteed; not worth. Even then, nothing really enticing about it unless it's limited (hint: it won't be). Grabbed a regular copy since free steel, $10 reward, and GCU can't be beat.

Looks like the game + and exclusive box like they have been doing recently. So, an expensive drone in a separate box.
Yep. The photo they are using is deceptive as it almost makes it seem like there is a unique steelbook that's part of the drone package, but it looks like all Ultimate Editions come with the steelbook.

That CE has a ton of stuff, I’m in! Still got GCU so that softens the blow. Even if it ends up bargain bin, I love the setting and feel, there’s also a chance it’ll be like the Witcher 3 CE which is still valuable

Found some other expensive collectors Fallout that just went live at

https://gear.bethesda.net/collections/new-products

Exclusive Pip-Boy 2000 Mk VI Red Rocket Variant $175.00 (limited to 500 units)
Pip-Boy 2000 Mk VI FM Radio Module PRE ORDER $40.00
Pip-Boy Bluetooth Speaker Stand Kit PRE ORDER $80.00
Pip-Boy 2000 Mk VI - Preassembled PRE ORDER $150.00 (limited to unlimited units?)

For a extra $30 Season pass for TWO addons ONLY? That is super expensive! Not even a steelbook or anything.

Raze Hell with the DOOM Eternal Deluxe Edition which includes:
  • Year One Pass
    Access to two campaign add-ons to release within first year of DOOM Eternal's launch date. Featuring new perspectives and new ways to play, these standalone stories explore the cataclysmic events that led to earth's fall against the demons.

[*]Demonic Slayer Skin
[*]Classic Weapon Sound Pack
  • Throwback sound effects for all your DOOM Eternal guns

That CE has a ton of stuff, I’m in! Still got GCU so that softens the blow. Even if it ends up bargain bin, I love the setting and feel, there’s also a chance it’ll be like the Witcher 3 CE which is still valuable
Hopefully they don’t overshoot with CDPR newly found fame- this game is hyped but Witcher 3 is likely more popular- expect it will be gone quickly. Plus it’s a bit more expensive.

Cyberpunk CE will be in the bargain bin guaranteed; not worth. Even then, nothing really enticing about it unless it's limited (hint: it won't be). Grabbed a regular copy since free steel, $10 reward, and GCU can't be beat.
You didn't follow The Witcher 3 CE closely did you? :whistle2:$

Yea Witcher 3 CE was one of those that dried up quickly after release and became quite valuable even though it never really sold out during preorder

You didn't follow The Witcher 3 CE closely did you? :whistle2:$
I think it helped that Witcher 3 lived up to and exceeded the hype... wondering if Cyberpunk can. I'm more or less wondering why it hasn't been made playable yet, given it's been in development for so long and its release is less than a yr away.

Theres a good chance we get a final fantasy 7 remake CE after the square conference.

And if I miss it
Got my credit card ready for the eventual overpriced Squeenix CE with $50 shipping...Also hoping I don't miss it.

Conflicted about the Cyberpunk CE. It's cool and the Keanu Reeves inclusion makes me want to buy it day 1, but I'm not sold yet. Hoping it doesn't end up like the Witcher. Always regretted not buying the one extra we had at my store because I was too broke that week.

Yea Witcher 3 CE was one of those that dried up quickly after release and became quite valuable even though it never really sold out during preorder
I remember I didn't really care for the Witcher 3 CE even after hearing that it was becoming hard to find shortly after release, nothing regarding value yet. Then on a random visit to Best Buy while I was waiting in line to pay, I noticed a single Witcher CE sitting on a top shelf between the pickup and checkout counters. Asked if it was for sale, they checked with a couple people and said I could buy it since it wasn't a pickup order. Purchased on the spot.

This was also 2-3 weeks, maybe even a month after release, not really sure about the timeline since it was so long ago, but easily best impulse buy to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back