Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Collection of Mana physical edition is up at Gamestop.  Releases 8-28-19 for $39.99  Digital version went up for sale on the e-shop today.

202317b.jpg

Looks like I need to dust off my EU accounts trying to get Zelda CE :/
Nice to see that, now I just have to catch it for the 5 seconds it's available!

Looks like it -_-
Whatre the best places to have EU accounts (shipping safety wise) and which sites carry the most things togther (to minimize shipments)? Need the Pokemon and Zelda EU special edditions :(

It looks bad but lets see how this plays out. If they can give a quality experience, a bunch of new enemy's, locations, and characters. We'll all be in, Remember, there treating this as a reboot with the original parts of the story still there. I still think there will sections, where we are outside Midgar.

I think we'll get a full skill upgrade system when it comes to things like leveling. It won't feel incomplete. And we'll get a since of closer after each installment.
Oh you poor optimistic fool. I’ll be your shoulder to cry on when they break your heart.

Lmao wait seriously? I guess I missed that they were still doing an episodic release. Even barring how ludicrous that makes the price of the CE, you re telling me that each disc is going to have more content than the likes of Witcher 3 or something like Red Dead 2? I am loath to support this until all the parts come out, and maybe not even then. I think it sets a bad precedent for the industry. Hey guys, let's release 1/4 completed games and charge $80 for special editions for each one! Nothing wrong with that! /rant
Yes, as they explained all new content was made for the remake so Midgar will encompass an entire BD worth.

See, this is what is called a remake; not a remaster like RE2. :whistle2:

sigh....square just confirmed that the FF remake will only focus on Midgar and future episodes will have the rest of the game.

Apparently each future episode is going to have its own game (each will have 2 blu ray discs)

ugh...I know this was talked about years ago but this just upsets me.
Wait wtf? I never played FF7, and this remake isn’t even the full game / story? Ffs. Looks like I’ll never play the infamous FF7.

On a side not, hoping we’re able to order that Links Awakening Europe CE on amazon EU some how. Pre ordered the US version just in case.

Wait wtf? I never played FF7, and this remake isn’t even the full game / story? Ffs. Looks like I’ll never play the infamous FF7.

On a side not, hoping we’re able to order that Links Awakening Europe CE on amazon EU some how. Pre ordered the US version just in case.
Just buy a copy of the original... It's available through PSN and Steam...

Here's my thought regarding the whole part 1 being only Midgar thing. While Midgar is only like first 10% of the original game, I highly doubt that means this will be episode 1 of 10 of the remake. I'm still guessing the entire remake will consist of 3 parts. With part 2 ending with that incident with Aerith (spoilers maybe lol). And part 3 for everything afterwards. The reason Midgar is so focused is because originally Square had a vision regarding an very expanded and detailed Midgar area but limitations to technology back then held them back on realizing this vision. Which is why they're so dead set on doing this now. There were tons of stuff that had to be cut or compressed in the original regarding Midgar. I think for the remainder of the game after Midgar, it'll probably be similar in scale as the original game. We'll see if this is how it turns out. Also when talk about breaking down into Episodes, Kitase said in interview comparing the episodic format to other trilogies like FF XIII and Xenosaga, being 3 separate full games in the same main story. Which is why I think they planned for 3 games also.

Uh, just about every single website and publication out there... It came directly from SE's mouth.

Square said they dont even know how many episodes its going to be.

https://www.destructoid.com/square-enix-says-they-don-t-know-how-many-episodes-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-be-557124.phtml

Cant say Im not interested in spending the money to keep buying episodes just to get the whole game. Im not exactly a ff7 super fan to begin with. So Ill either wait and see if it all gets put in one bundle eventually, or wait and buy them cheap off ebay or maybe Ill just skip it all together as I have more than I can play as it is. I defintely wont be buying day one versions each time, thats going to be a minimum of 120 bucks, but Id wager it will be in 3 parts.

NOA site only shows dreamer (is it for illegal immigrant students??) and lists just game and book. $10 more for just the book sounds right. Glad I still have GCU.

91WpY8b6iHL.AC_SL1500_.jpg

Youre right, just the book. I didnt get my hopes up we would get the steelbook also for just 70 bucks. Im still getting it but kind of bummed no steelbook.

Do you mean at Best Buy? Preorders were months ago. Then it was delisted. It was recently relisted, but has not actually been able to order.
Damn, missed that one by a mile!

Also, it randomly got restocked at Best Buy and said it was available to preorder but was out of stock in about 10 seconds.

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/dragon-quest-xi-s-switch-hardware-bundle-special-editions-announced-for-japan

Dragon Quest XI getting a special edition bundle with a special edition Switch, probably Japan only

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Did amazon japan already sell out or has it always been third party sellers? I tried to buy last night or maybe early this morning and it told me can't ship to US on preorder; but at this point I don't recall if it was a third party seller.

Did amazon japan already sell out or has it always been third party sellers? I tried to buy last night or maybe early this morning and it told me can't ship to US on preorder; but at this point I don't recall if it was a third party seller.
Its there, just doesnt seem to ship to USA

Its there, just doesnt seem to ship to USA
I only see third party sellers. Are you seeing amazon JP as seller?

Third party sellers typically do not ship to USA, but I've had luck with Amazon shipping to US. Typically I have to wait a bit after the listing before it opens for USA shipping, for some reason.

I only see third party sellers. Are you seeing amazon JP as seller?

Third party sellers typically do not ship to USA, but I've had luck with Amazon shipping to US. Typically I have to wait a bit after the listing before it opens for USA shipping, for some reason.
You're right. I went back and both listings are from 3rd partys. Odd

My thing is, Midgar usually takes me between 3-4 hours in FFVII, certainly not more than 5. If THAT segment of the game has been expanded to fill two blu-ray disks and is all they have ready by 2020 - 5 years after the game was announced - how long will it be before the full thing is finally available? Could it really take 10 more years?
Square isn’t built for modern gaming. They’re a dinosaur. Their producers have proven time and time again they can’t ship products within reasonable timeframes and even then not even complete products. Once they can no longer milk their nostalgia franchises, they’ll also go the way of the dinosaurs.

Yep, and they also devalue their games.   Everything from Square is ~$20-25 in just 3-4 months.   It always feels like you get terrible value for buying their new games.  It makes no sense to buy anything from them for retail price if you're not going to play it immediately. 

Kingdom Hearts 3 is $24.99 on Amazon right now for instance.  I bet some people are regretting their purchases. 

Yep, and they also devalue their games. Everything from Square is ~$20-25 in just 3-4 months. It always feels like you get terrible value for buying their new games. It makes no sense to buy anything from them for retail price if you're not going to play it immediately.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is $24.99 on Amazon right now for instance. I bet some people are regretting their purchases.
Dude I bought the KH3 LE for $80 at launch...it's been $40 recently during all these sales. FML, never again.

Oh man, is there always this many CEs announced/listed during E3? Cannot remember if I just wasn't able to keep up as much in past years or what  but seems like a lot. I've got $1000+ in preorders based on the pending hold charges from my credit card. 

Oh man, is there always this many CEs announced/listed during E3? Cannot remember if I just wasn't able to keep up as much in past years or what but seems like a lot. I've got $1000+ in preorders based on the pending hold charges from my credit card.
Nowadays, yes

Oh man, is there always this many CEs announced/listed during E3? Cannot remember if I just wasn't able to keep up as much in past years or what but seems like a lot. I've got $1000+ in preorders based on the pending hold charges from my credit card.
I actually think it was a slow year. With all of the other game and pop culture shows, it seems like CEs are being spread out among them all. In fact, the last couple of years there have been CEs announced at San Diego Comic Con which seems odd given that E3 is usually a month before.

Whatre the best places to have EU accounts (shipping safety wise) and which sites carry the most things togther (to minimize shipments)? Need the Pokemon and Zelda EU special edditions :(
I usually go for an associated Amazon if I can since the prices aren't marked up

More reason why I didn't bother pre-ordering this year. Comic-Con is next month and I rather spend my money there. Also, I made the mistake pre-ordering CE only to not play them *stares at DOOM CE*...all the way through. Props to those that were able to pre-order all their games but if I could have just been able to pre-order at Best Buy with GCU AND not be hit with pre-authorized charges I would be happy.

Not a bad E3. Pre-ordered the collectors edition of Death Stranding when it went up a week or two ago whenever that was (because that one I have to have), plus ordered the Deluxe edition of FFVII. That one might stay in stock long after it launches but I'd rather guarentee that I get one. Plus that's a game I'm really excited for, though I don't know how the hell they've stretched Midgar to 2 bdroms.

Also ordered Cyberpunk but not the CE. I know CDPR collectors editions tend to be rare, but it's super pricey and I can get a steelbook just for a basic pre order at BB so thats the move.

Not bad. Not too much, but enough for me to be satisfied

So far all I have on PO is the Death Stranding LE, FFVII LE, and D2 Shadowkeep CE. Just planning on getting the standard editions for everything else I'm interested in. These days I feel like I just have too much junk and as a result I think the days of me getting big ticket CEs are pretty much over, just steelbook LEs for games I want that offer it and that's pretty much it unless it's one of the few series I really love. 

So far all I have on PO is the Death Stranding LE, FFVII LE, and D2 Shadowkeep CE. Just planning on getting the standard editions for everything else I'm interested in. These days I feel like I just have too much junk and as a result I think the days of me getting big ticket CEs are pretty much over, just steelbook LEs for games I want that offer it and that's pretty much it unless it's one of the few series I really love.
Have you seen this anywhere other than the Bungie Store? Or have you seen Bungie say that it will be an exclusive?

Edit: Never mind, it says "BUNGIE STORE EXCLUSIVE" on the store's front page.

CEs have just gotten kinda too much for me. When they first started appearing ~10 years ago I would buy almost all of them because I was a sucker for 'collectors' or 'rare' stuff. Nowadays I dont buy almost any except the true games I am really looking forward to, and even then I usually pass on expensive, large ones.

Only one I ever regret not buying was Last of Us Post Pandemic, which at the time I thought was a ridiculously high price. 

1K might only be three CEs given the rise in prices.

Pre-orders I have open are:

Monster Hunter Steelbook - Gamestop
Borderlands 3 CE - Gamestop
Death Stranding Special Edition - Gamestop
Biomutant CE - Amazon
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Wolves Collector's Edition - Ubisoft Store
Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition - Best Buy

Pre-orders I've not done yet but looking at

Control Premium Edition
Watchdogs 3 CE  (The Skull steelbook is the only good looking one)
Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition  (Kinda want to wait out the post launch steelbook)
Final Fantasy VII Premium Edition (No $250 for me thanks)

It feels like more than that.

Only have 3 CE locked in: Death Stranding, Cyberpunk and FF7R. Couldn't pull the trigger on any of the Ubisoft one since those will go on sale and I think 3 months is the time needed for it to be usable with the 20% coupon.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back