Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
So i finally grabbed a limited edition of Zelda's link Awakening , but the shipping date is January 20 to 25 of 2020, do you think is a placeholder date, or from your amazon.it experience do they ship this late
Yeah, mine says the same thing.

The company is Future Pak and this is only a sample that can be seen as Gamescom.

https://twitter.com/futurepaknbx/status/1163409307871907842

attachicon.gif
IMG_20190819_133428.jpg

Futurepak is making a slip case that holds the links awakening game case
This is only a promotional item to be shown off at a video game conference. They won't be making this as an actual release.

I was able to grab a Daemon X Machina CE from Amazon.de weeks ago for $150ish but I've been waiting for UK and man I'll tell you it's been one hell of a battle.

Almost every single time I got an alert from nowinstock, I always happened to just leave the room or leave the house or go to the bathroom. It's happened like 10 times I felt like I was being taunted by the vg gods. And I mean literally the second I'm away from my computer to go to the bathroom or leave the house or take a shower. Hell, the other night I didn't have anything to do all day, went in the other room to warm something up in the microwave, came back, checked my phone and during those 5 minutes I got the alert and missed it.

So today was another day I had nothing to do all day, so I decided to try and "trick" the vg gods, so I went in the other room and turned on the shower, and waited a second before I hopped in and I swear to you I got the alert on my phone that it came in stock, ran back to my computer and snagged one.

It... worked. And now I'm kinda freaked out, because there definitely was some evil spirit trying to prevent me from getting one and I'm pretty sure I just pissed it off by tricking it.

If I die, tell the world my story.

I posted this in the BestBuy thread, but I figured it was worth sharing here as well since I imagine a lot of folks tried to grab CEs with GCU before it vanished.

My GCU expired several months ago and in preparation I made a bunch of pre-orders. Checked in on some of them today and about half of them had a shipping charge added to them ($1-$5 depending on the order).

Called support in order to have it removed (since I'm an Elite member) and they told me that modifying the order would remove the GCU discount. So I'd either have to pay the shipping charge that was mysteriously added or not get the 20% off.

Probably going to cancel most of the affected pre-orders and wait for price drops instead. I don't really want to continue supporting a company that's going to give me the runaround.

I didn't ask because I moved in June and there isn't a BestBuy near me any longer. The nearest one is a ~45 minute round trip and none of the affected orders are that big of a deal to me (all standard games - Disgaea 4+, Pokemon Sword/Shield, AI: Somnium Files, etc.). If any of my CEs had been dinged I'd be more inclined to do so, though, because I've got Doom, Death Stranding, and Cyberpunk on order from them.

I feel like you should be able to call them to credit back the shipping charge after they ship. They just can't credit back something that hasn't been charged at this point or modify the order.

Yakuza remastered collection coming in February. Comes with physical edition of 3, 4, AND 5 (5 was never released physically in the US when it first came out)[attachment=32650:ECcNTFZUwAAkW6x.jpeg]

Yakuza remastered collection coming in February. Comes with physical edition of 3, 4, AND 5 (5 was never released physically in the US when it first came out)
attachicon.gif
ECcNTFZUwAAkW6x.jpeg
I'll probably buy this just to have 5 in physical form... but I really hope they upgraded the presentation to be closer to PS4 games. The PS3 Yakuza games felt kinda dated (slow menus, long load times, etc.), like they were PS2 games with PS3 graphics.

Great announcement.

It should still have a series of steelbooks to go along with Kiwami 1 & 2.
I don't think the others in steelbook enough to warrant it. Especially 1, I ended up getting it in steelbook for 9.99 from bestbuy. 2 in steelbook is like 30 bucks on amazon now.

I think they realize the demand isn't that great so they are just putting the rest of them in one set and be done with it instead of trying to do them all individually.

Did Crackdown 3 come out? Guess I missed all the ads for it.
I was ready to love it despite its flaws, as I like the first two so much. But the PC version has a lot of issues, and co-op introduced lag to the point that it was borderline unplayable. Interesting that the first 2 games back on the 360 were perfectly fine in that regard. That really says something--something very bad--about the newest one.

Looks like Daemon x Machina LE came up on Amazon ES but sold out in a like a second flat. Bots are crazy these days man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back