Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehh... I mean I like steelbooks, but I'd never in my life pay $140(with tax) for the Gamestop version if it's basically just a gold edition version with bonus DLC. What an absolutely absurd price. Thing should be $89.99 at most and that's pushing it.

I'll just get the gold edition from BB with GCU.
The GS exclusive UE for Division 2 had a different Steelbook than Gold. I imagine Watch Dogs and Ghost Recon (both have GS exclusive UE's) do the same thing.

Anyone need an Astral Chain or Zelda LA EU CE? In my overnight stupors I managed to snag a couple extra preorders on various Amazon's. I was going to cancel them but figured if anyone was still looking I could sub in an address (and Amazon GC or whatever). Lemme know via PM because I really don't need extras 😅

Idk how to post a pic from mobile but ign posted and deleted a tweet showing some of the figures from the borderlands 3 CE and they look like little army men with no paint...
e1a85a96a50b016d3a78374ff1ae06412e2365ea.png

Anyone need an Astral Chain or Zelda LA EU CE? In my overnight stupors I managed to snag a couple extra preorders on various Amazon's. I was going to cancel them but figured if anyone was still looking I could sub in an address (and Amazon GC or whatever). Lemme know via PM because I really don't need extras
One Zelda LA EU CE, please! I'll DM you.

Anyone need an Astral Chain or Zelda LA EU CE? In my overnight stupors I managed to snag a couple extra preorders on various Amazon's. I was going to cancel them but figured if anyone was still looking I could sub in an address (and Amazon GC or whatever). Lemme know via PM because I really don't need extras 😅
Don't know how this would work but I'm desperate for the Zelda steelbook. Not sure if we could work something out 🤔

Finally managed to cop a DxM order on amazon.uk! It's roughly $30 more expensive than amazon.fr though so I may just end up having to cancel. Maybe the price will drop, idk. I doubt they price match themselves in different countries?

Also c'mon Borderland 3 CE, you gotta do better than army men.

Finally managed to cop a DxM order on amazon.uk! It's roughly $30 more expensive than amazon.fr though so I may just end up having to cancel. Maybe the price will drop, idk. I doubt they price match themselves in different countries?

I had an amazon.fr order but the shipping made it cost $125 delivered. I canceled last night and kept my £70 UK order.

Interesting how all these diff EU region game prices are so diff. My Link's Awakening CE at Amazon IT was $90 but $77 at Amazon UK. I wonder if Amazon FR would be cheaper for the LA CE too? :whistle2:k

I had an amazon.fr order but the shipping made it cost $125 delivered. I canceled last night and kept my £70 UK order.
Wow, you got it a much lower price- mine shows up as 87GBP.

Interesting how all these diff EU region game prices are so diff. My Link's Awakening CE at Amazon IT was $90 but $77 at Amazon UK. I wonder if Amazon FR would be cheaper for the LA CE too? :whistle2:k

Wow, you got it a much lower price- mine shows up as 87GBP.
Yeah I have no idea how it works. My LA at UK works out to like $70, but IT works out to about $101. Now my FR DxM works out to $86 but my UK works out to $111. Makes no sense. Be consistent people!

Also wondering how yours got that low and how I can price match you lol

Yeah I have no idea how it works. My LA at UK works out to like $70, but IT works out to about $101. Now my FR DxM works out to $86 but my UK works out to $111. Makes no sense. Be consistent people!

Also wondering how yours got that low and how I can price match you lol
I'm guessing the item price changed? This is what my ZLA CE summary looks like:

Order SummaryItem(s) Subtotal:GBP 58.32
Postage & Packing:GBP 4.19
Total Before VAT: GBP 62.51
VAT:GBP 0.00

Total:
Grand Total: GBP 62.51
Payment Grand Total: USD 79.75

Not sure about the conversion from GBP to USD but currently it's $77 if I use Google. If you ordered before me (8/25), then I would think your item's price would drop to match (assuming they still have the pre-order price guarantee)... otherwise, not sure what else could be different. Maybe postage?

I'm guessing the item price changed? This is what my ZLA CE summary looks like:

Code:
Order SummaryItem(s) Subtotal:GBP 58.32
Postage & Packing:GBP 4.19
Total Before VAT: GBP 62.51
VAT:GBP 0.00

Total:
Grand Total: GBP 62.51
Payment Grand Total: USD 79.75
Not sure about the conversion from GBP to USD but currently it's $77 if I use Google. If you ordered before me (8/25), then I would think your item's price would drop to match (assuming they still have the pre-order price guarantee)... otherwise, not sure what else could be different. Maybe postage?
Yeah I'm not sure. Also I've noticed the Amazon price converter consistently comes up with higher conversion prices than when using the one on google. No idea which one is correct.

Control deluxe is now showing up in stock at every location around me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm not sure. Also I've noticed the Amazon price converter consistently comes up with higher conversion prices than when using the one on google. No idea which one is correct.
They're both right but paying in USD includes a fee to convert the currency. It's always cheaper to pay in their currency.

See guys, this is why you always pre-order first, think later. I cancel half of my pre-orders, but at least I have it in case I do decide I want it. Just make sure you set reminders in your phone or on your calendar or whatever from a couple weeks out of release so you are reminded in case you don't want to be charged. My phone right now has a billion reminders for games set.

See guys, this is why you always pre-order first, think later. I cancel half of my pre-orders, but at least I have it in case I do decide I want it. Just make sure you set reminders in your phone or on your calendar or whatever from a couple weeks out of release so you are reminded in case you don't want to be charged. My phone right now has a billion reminders for games set.
Same. My calendar looks like a retailer release date chart lol. I've got games, books, and blu-rays all color coded with info in the notes section. It's actually super quick and easy to maintain, and it removes a lot of things for me to think about and remember.

What do you do in instances where you think you have 2+ months to make your mind up and the retailer charges early and sets all preorders to cannot be cancelled? I did this with the DQ XI Switch from Play-Asia thinking I had plenty of time to make up my mind. Next thing I know they did a final charge and drained my bank account $550 that I wasn’t expecting to come out at the time.

I was faced with the dilemma of charge back and not be able to buy from them again or suck it up and keep the switch.

What do you do in instances where you think you have 2+ months to make your mind up and the retailer charges early and sets all preorders to cannot be cancelled? I did this with the DQ XI Switch from Play-Asia thinking I had plenty of time to make up my mind. Next thing I know they did a final charge and drained my bank account $550 that I wasn’t expecting to come out at the time.

I was faced with the dilemma of charge back and not be able to buy from them again or suck it up and keep the switch.
I would not pre order if they charge you right away and cannot cancel unless you are 100% certain you want the item

That’s a different situation. The product page said that you would pay upfront and there were no cancellations.

That’s a different situation. The product page said that you would pay upfront and there were no cancellations.
At the time I placed the pre-order the product page said nothing of immediate payment or not being able to cancel. They didn’t charge me for 2 weeks, then out of nowhere BAM, policy change.

In that case I only buy it if I'm sure I absolutely want it. Just ask yourself if it will drive you nuts not getting one and if you can comfortably afford it. If the answer to those are yes, I buy it, if I answer no to either I won't.

At the time I placed the pre-order the product page said nothing of immediate payment or not being able to cancel. They didn’t charge me for 2 weeks, then out of nowhere BAM, policy change.
We’ll have to agree to disagree here. I didn’t buy it from PA, but I was following it and remember seeing it.

Is play/Asia the only retailer that regularly changes the preorder requirements with no notice? Would I have to worry about this happening with Best Buy or amazon?

Is play/Asia the only retailer that regularly changes the preorder requirements with no notice? Would I have to worry about this happening with Best Buy or amazon?
Amazon is supposedly starting to lock in (i.e. charge well in advance of shipping) certain preorders in certain non-US markets. It hasn't done so in the US just yet, I haven't heard anything about Best Buy going in that direction, but they do an authorization at the time of preorder that drops off, so you do need to consider that as well.

Amazon is supposedly starting to lock in (i.e. charge well in advance of shipping) certain preorders in certain non-US markets. It hasn't done so in the US just yet, I haven't heard anything about Best Buy going in that direction, but they do an authorization at the time of preorder that drops off, so you do need to consider that as well.
Crap, which markets are confirmed for Amazon? I have way too many preorders between all the sites, I'd like to still have an option to cancel them.

wow. dont order from Play Asia. they always so damn expensive. especially the shipping. i ordered mines from Amazon JP. it's about $400 shipped.

wow. dont order from Play Asia. they always so damn expensive. especially the shipping. i ordered mines from Amazon JP. it's about $400 shipped.
We effectively paid about the same, the play Asia listing includes the special edition of the game which is close to $150 by itself.

In the future I’ll be much more wary of buying from play Asia though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back