Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh that Kingdom Hearts DE box is sturdier than I thought. I thought it'd be the super thin cardboard you usually get. Thankfully I got mine in good condition. It's better quality but not invincible as that crushed pic of it earlier in the thread showed.

Well, got the Resident Evil 2 Collectors Edition today finally. My excitement immediately turned to horror as soon as I saw the box, There was a huge punctured hole on the shipping box, and of course once I opened it, noticed the same huge punctured hole in the CE Box. as well as a small puncture on the statue box. Luckily the Statue itself was not damaged. called gamestop and they basically just said either ship it back for a refund or suck it up if you want to keep the item that's now sold out (I know the Xbox One version still show in stock, but its actually also sold out as of an hour ago). I know it's UPS's fault but other retailers wouldve kept a few in the warehouse for damage replacements, then again GS is going under pretty soon probably so they wouldn't give a damn. I wish they would stop getting exclusive rare CE's though.
Gamestop really blows dick lol

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost Edition PS4/XBO is $47.97 at gamestop (gamestop exclusive)

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Tom+Clancy+s+Ghost+Recon+Wildlands+Ghost+Edition,28zu0,134f&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Twitter&utm_campaign=deeplink&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=0wLgH49VWzI-eP0sUVRH_dwjF3N9qpyi9g#

attachicon.gif
139199zLELG.jpg
The statue is really nice and the steelbook is kinda hard to see at some angles. I got it at launch and was happy with it.

I wonder if the USA's last national game store chain dying will expedite the death of physical media?
It has much more to do with availability of high-speed bandwidth. When X1 was released, they flipped back to a disc drive because there were too many people that can’t have an “always on” “download everything” system.

We’ll see what the state of connection (in US) is when they push out the PS5.

It has much more to do with availability of high-speed bandwidth. When X1 was released, they flipped back to a disc drive because there were too many people that can’t have an “always on” “download everything” system.

Yeah I find it funny how my internet speed hasn't increased in almost 20 years since I first went off to college. The cost has nearly doubled though, and in that time we've received no improvement in performance. There are just paid fast lanes now. That's what happens when you have no government oversight in regards to ISPs and internet services. Google, Facebook, everyone harvests and collects your personal information and distributes it however they please. All these companies just do whatever the F they want.

You could pay $160+/month for fiber-optic internet in my area if you felt so inclined. I don't know anybody who does that. I knew one guy who signed on for the $99/month thing; they jacked his prices up two months later to $150+ fees. He was livid and said "never again".

The roll-out of 5G is going to really fill in the last remaining gaps in true high speed broadband coverage in most of the US. I still think the PS5 will have a physical media option, but I also suspect it will be the last console generation to do so.

The roll-out of 5G is going to really fill in the last remaining gaps in true high speed broadband coverage in most of the US. I still think the PS5 will have a physical media option, but I also suspect it will be the last console generation to do so.
Physical all the way, I don't really buy digital

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

It’s really too bad 5G will also blast everyone with high-frequency radiation all the time given base stations need to be within a few hundred meters. Game-changing tech but with health consequences. There’s always a give and take.

It’s really too bad 5G will also blast everyone with high-frequency radiation all the time given base stations need to be within a few hundred meters. Game-changing tech but with health consequences. There’s always a give and take.
Good thing we've all played enough Fallout to survive in a world with mutated creatures.

I like physical copies.  Digital gets delisted in 2 years because of stupid licensing problems.  See most Marvel games.

Yeah I find it funny how my internet speed hasn't increased in almost 20 years since I first went off to college. The cost has nearly doubled though, and in that time we've received no improvement in performance. There are just paid fast lanes now. That's what happens when you have no government oversight in regards to ISPs and internet services. Google, Facebook, everyone harvests and collects your personal information and distributes it however they please. All these companies just do whatever the F they want.

You could pay $160+/month for fiber-optic internet in my area if you felt so inclined. I don't know anybody who does that. I knew one guy who signed on for the $99/month thing; they jacked his prices up two months later to $150+ fees. He was livid and said "never again".
Internet speed isn't too big of a problem, bandwidth limits/caps can be. Comcast/Xfinity and most other ISPs have 1TB bandwidth cap or some excessive use policy. I average around 500-600GB each month although in December, trying out Xbox Game Pass, I blew past 1TB and got my first warning from Comcast about it. Fortunately you get 2 courtesy months in a 12-month period, so it's no big deal, but I'm being more careful with game downloads. I forget what the consequence is, might just be paying an addition $50 per month or something. At one point they may have had something to disconnect your service entirely, but I think that is at their discretion. I think Business plans are exempt or at least have a different terms of service.

Game downloads, video streaming, online backups, etc. all can add up quickly.

Internet speed isn't too big of a problem, bandwidth limits/caps can be. Comcast/Xfinity and most other ISPs have 1TB bandwidth cap or some excessive use policy. I average around 500-600GB each month although in December, trying out Xbox Game Pass, I blew past 1TB and got my first warning from Comcast about it. Fortunately you get 2 courtesy months in a 12-month period, so it's no big deal, but I'm being more careful with game downloads. I forget what the consequence is, might just be paying an addition $50 per month or something. At one point they may have had something to disconnect your service entirely, but I think that is at their discretion. I think Business plans are exempt or at least have a different terms of service.

They automatically add on 50 GB for $10 each, but cannot exceed $200 in charges each month. I don't see anything about cutting people off. I assume you can keep going as long as you pay. The extra $50 a month is for their capless plan.

Speed is a problem when you get 1 mb down

There's still 50 million homes in the U.S. that have access to either no high speed internet, or access to one 25mbps or lower  provider. This isn't to mention the people who have data caps or anything like that. I frankly don't expect to ever see completely digital mainstream consoles. I think the option will be there, and they will offer incentives for people to do it (lower console cost, game cost, etc.) but I suspect there are FAR too many video game consumers like myself, who frankly would be more likely to walk away from gaming permanently (or go back to being PC only) if they were to push a system that couldn't read physical discs.

We will see, but the whole physical/digital thing has ALWAYS seemed exceptionally silly to me. There are lots of places in the world high speed internet is far from a sure thing - they are going to want to drive people to it, but the backlash and loss of sales would be enormous if one of the main companies forced digital only.

There's still 50 million homes in the U.S. that have access to either no high speed internet, or access to one 25mbps or lower provider. This isn't to mention the people who have data caps or anything like that. I frankly don't expect to ever see completely digital mainstream consoles. I think the option will be there, and they will offer incentives for people to do it (lower console cost, game cost, etc.) but I suspect there are FAR too many video game consumers like myself, who frankly would be more likely to walk away from gaming permanently (or go back to being PC only) if they were to push a system that couldn't read physical discs.

We will see, but the whole physical/digital thing has ALWAYS seemed exceptionally silly to me. There are lots of places in the world high speed internet is far from a sure thing - they are going to want to drive people to it, but the backlash and loss of sales would be enormous if one of the main companies forced digital only.
Your stats are off. It's a little over ten million households at this point. The 50 million number was in reference to households that only had access to one provider offering speeds of 25mbps or higher with the assumption being that with no competition comes higher prices. While 5G and similar technologies won't solve all the access problems, the relatively lower cost of installing 5G infrastructure is going to go a long way in reducing the 10 million. Frankly, in a country with 128 million households, 10 million isn't a huge market segment, especially since many of these households tend to be older, poorer and otherwise outside of the demographics of the typical gaming consumer. The all-digital future is a lot closer than you might think and datacaps are a problem easily solved by some deals between publishers and Internet providers that would allow a free download of games or other digital products. The savings to publishers in not having to cut retailers in and pressing and shipping physical inventory around the country that could go unsold will more than cover any such costs.

Your stats are off. It's a little over ten million households at this point. The 50 million number was in reference to households that only had access to one provider offering speeds of 25mbps or higher with the assumption being that with no competition comes higher prices. While 5G and similar technologies won't solve all the access problems, the relatively lower cost of installing 5G infrastructure is going to go a long way in reducing the 10 million. Frankly, in a country with 128 million households, 10 million isn't a huge market segment, especially since many of these households tend to be older, poorer and otherwise outside of the demographics of the typical gaming consumer. The all-digital future is a lot closer than you might think and datacaps are a problem easily solved by some deals between publishers and Internet providers that would allow a free download of games or other digital products. The savings to publishers in not having to cut retailers in and pressing and shipping physical inventory around the country that could go unsold will more than cover any such costs.
Where are your statistics for 5G installation costing lower from? It’ll be more expensive than 4G was because it uses millimeter wave band (hence a lot more carcinogenic than 3G/4G) and requires base station coverage every several hundred meters. The coverage will be swiss cheese for rural areas so not sure how you think it’ll increase access.

Where are your statistics for 5G installation costing lower from? It’ll be more expensive than 4G was because it uses millimeter wave band (hence a lot more carcinogenic than 3G/4G) and requires base station coverage every several hundred meters. The coverage will be swiss cheese for rural areas so not sure how you think it’ll increase access.
Holy shit, shut up already.

Speed is a problem when you get 1 mb down
Yeah, that can be. My parents get max 3Mbps if they are lucky, so hard to download stuff and can barely do video streaming, if at all. Apparently the lines are old and going/gone bad, but my parents would have to pay to have it fixed.

There's still 50 million homes in the U.S. that have access to either no high speed internet, or access to one 25mbps or lower provider. This isn't to mention the people who have data caps or anything like that. I frankly don't expect to ever see completely digital mainstream consoles. I think the option will be there, and they will offer incentives for people to do it (lower console cost, game cost, etc.) but I suspect there are FAR too many video game consumers like myself, who frankly would be more likely to walk away from gaming permanently (or go back to being PC only) if they were to push a system that couldn't read physical discs.

I hope you appreciate the irony of rejecting a digital only console in favor of a PC where physical died off a long time ago. Not disagreeing with the sentiment though.

Anyone review the KHIII PS4 Pro? What condition/shipping box did it arrive in?
I got my Japanese one yesterday, the box arrived in perfect condition even though they only put a bit of packing paper inside. I have not opened. I have GameStop one coming tomorrow.

I got my Japanese one yesterday, the box arrived in perfect condition even though they only put a bit of packing paper inside. I have not opened. I have GameStop one coming tomorrow.
two kingdom hearts ps4 pros for home enjoyment eh

In fact they are easy skips. Games that are guaranteed to be $19.99 within just a few months.

Anyways my next two pickups are going to be Anthem and Trails of Cold Steel 1 on PS4.
TBF Anthem will probably be $19.99 in a few months too. But I did like the beta, I’m still probably getting it at launch.

What difference is the Japanese vs us?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Random question, if I get a PAL version of a game, I won’t be able to use any dlc from the NA ps store with it right? Or a dlc that came with a NA version of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back