Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
pe_glamshot.jpg

Sep 3.

Nice. Will keep my Best buy order open just in case, but grabbed from GameStop for $91 total ($110 gift card for $86 + $5) after using discounted gift cards from Bitmo.

Edit: and, yeah, free edge shipping! It's back

Got it, Thanks!

Also if Walmart is doing this there will be a lot of these IMO. Hopefully more go up on Best Buy so I can GCU it.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”
I put in my order as well, but am anxiously awaiting to use GCU

Got it, Thanks!

Also if Walmart is doing this there will be a lot of these IMO. Hopefully more go up on Best Buy so I can GCU it.

I'm also hoping for BB GCU. But mine expires at the beginning of March

Got it, Thanks!

Yesterday I said I didn't think this would be rare. But Walmart carrying this will have no bearing on how rare it will be. They had the Fire Emblem Fates SE also. In fact just about every major video game retailer carried the Fates SE, even Frys.

I wouldn't trust walmart either, but when places are selling out in 10-20 mins each time , basically if you blink or get in your car it dissappears....gotta do what you gotta do

Any reason why everyone is going nuts over this or just the fact that its Fire Emblem? It doesn't look like it contains the best items for a $100 CE.
I don't know why I keep reading this. It contains a steelbook, CD soundtrack, and an art book which is #s 1-3 in order of preference for me, and nearly half of the other collectors on here. Plus it's only $100. It's actually thee perfect kind of collector's edition.

I don't know why I keep reading this. It contains a steelbook, CD soundtrack, and an art book which is #s 1-3 in order of preference for me, and nearly half of the other collectors on here. Plus it's only $100. It's actually thee perfect kind of collector's edition.
Damn it was a simple question wasn’t meant to take shots at it I was generally curious. I think it’s pretty decent just didn’t know why people were going apeshit over this other than namesake. But can’t wait for the people to start returning this like everything else when it becomes widely available.

Any reason why everyone is going nuts over this or just the fact that its Fire Emblem? It doesn't look like it contains the best items for a $100 CE.
Nintendo really doesn't get a lot of special editions for games, compared to Sony and Microsoft, anyway, so probably a little bit of that combined with the franchise name. I mean Persona 4 Golden Gun on the Vita goes for $400-500 brand new and all it has is a case and some stickers with a normal version of the game. So sometimes the prices on these just don't make sense.

I just have to figure these will come back in stock, I doubt it will actually be super limited but you never know.

Damn it was a simple question wasn’t meant to take shots at it I was generally curious. I’ve seen better CEs for cheaper and don’t see people going apeshit for it so I just thought it might have something to do with namesake. But can’t wait for the people to start returning this like everything else when it becomes widely available.
Fire Emblem fandom is huge. You don't seem to be aware of that. Maybe for some scalper types but most people won't be returning this. People have also been waiting for a home television console FE mainline game for a very long time. There hasn't been one since Radiant Dawn on the Wii in 2007.

That's the other great part about a $100 CE, especially if you can get it for $80 with GCU. I don't really care if it drops in price. It might be $65 in a year if they don't sell, well so what?

Regardless of all the non-fan flippers in here that get all wishy washy and return the FE: Echoes CE when it stays at msrp, this is one of the seminal, first party Nintendo CE must-haves. FE is just as important as Zelda, Mario, or Metroid.

Damn it was a simple question wasn’t meant to take shots at it I was generally curious. I think it’s pretty decent just didn’t know why people were going apeshit over this other than namesake. But can’t wait for the people to start returning this like everything else when it becomes widely available.
Doesnt look like they were implying you were taking shots. They were just giving their opinion, just like you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses as I’m not a huge Fire Emblem fan so I just didn’t understand the big hoopla over this. Hope everyone that wants one can get one.

Walmart has been pretty trusty and has had good service in regards to collector's editions, the once or twice a year that I've had to order from them.  They also come in better condition than Amazon or Best Buy for whatever reason.  They usually use boxes. 

Walmart has been pretty trusty and has had good service in regards to collector's editions, the once or twice a year that I've had to order from them. They also come in better condition than Amazon or Best Buy for whatever reason. They usually use boxes.
thanks good to know cuz this is my first time ordering a ce from walmart

I walked into my local store just now and they said they couldn't do a web in store order for it.
damn i was told on reddit Well good and bad news. It’s pre orderable however it’s gonna be an online pre order or web in store pre order for the special edition

I walked into my local store just now and they said they couldn't do a web in store order for it.
Did they check anyway or just deny you outright? Otherwise maybe try again at 2pm CST: https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1096110057966714881/photo/1

I went to eBay for shits and giggles to check the prices for Left Alive: Mech Edition, which I already bought from the SE store ($186 after taxes and shipping). Oh man, those cats there are ridiculous

$279, $300, even a few for $400, while it’s still available for preorder on SE’s site for $160!

What took the cake was someone piecing everything out:

$100 for the steelbook, didn’t specify if the game would be included (you never know with these scalpers, smh)

$150 for the figure

$60 for the art book

All I could say was, “Wow...”

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back