Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly this just feels like Nintendo's distribution and marketing strategy mixed together. They make retailers fight for allocation by showing their numbers and then also make us think theirs scarcity. I feel like a sheep sometimes.
I mean, false scarcity absolutely spurs FOMO sales, plenty of people on cag admit to falling into it

I keep missing fucking BB lmao. I NEVER take naps and fell asleep for like half an hour.

I missed out when it went live again BUT decided to check anyway (just now) and it was showing up for preorder. Was able to add to cart and then had to play the click checkout/error out of stock game.  Got an order confirmation so crossing my fingers for now.

The steelbook for Metro is slick.

And my steelbook for crackdown 3 came in a bubble mailer in perfect shape.  Very surprised...

The steelbook for Metro is slick.
And my steelbook for crackdown 3 came in a bubble mailer in perfect shape. Very surprised...
Surprisingly my crackdown 3 steelbook was shipped in a box but I do have a spine slash on it. $10 shipped so no biggie

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Official nintendo account tweeted that starting 2/17, purchases of either pokemon let's go eevee/pikachu comes with a steelbook. Can't link atm, but it looks quite nice. Will have to pick up a copy of the game early that day.

EDIT - Only at Best Buy

Wow Metro Exodus: Aurora edition is sold out at both GameStop and Best Buy. Looks like that edition might actually be pretty rare, so if you want one and don't have one yet I would check your local BB stores, two stores have 1-2 in stock within 100 miles of me and that's it.

Wow Metro Exodus: Aurora edition is sold out at both GameStop and Best Buy. Looks like that edition might actually be pretty rare, so if you want one and don't have one yet I would check your local BB stores, two stores have 1-2 in stock within 100 miles of me and that's it.
I have a dozen best buy's with it available locally. It's also available on Amazon

Wal-Mart FE preorder was cancelled...  missed Best Buy again.  Looks like my last resort is GameStop but I don't want to pay $10 jerk off shipping.  Ugh!

You must not have read my earlier rant about BB allowing multiple orders...

W2XUX8A.jpg

Anyway I am glad they cancelled it sooner rather than later as I probably wouldn't have been able to secure another copy elsewhere, but paying more than twice as much for this (considering I can get the standard version for $48 @ BB) does rub me the wrong way...

Too niche to really be of value down the road, and this is a game I can wait for a sale on. While I enjoy these games, it's usually a 15-20 hour jaunt to the end and never played again TBH. $20 seems reasonable for that journey.

My Metro Exodus Aurora Edition came and the outer metal case was dented to the point the steelbook and artbook won’t come out even if you turn it upside down and shake.
I was able to eek it out about a quarter inch after about 20 mins. But what a waste of time.

I’m assuming Best Buy should be cool with an exchange?
Also looks like it was a factory dent bc the slipcover is pristine

My Metro Exodus Aurora Edition came and the outer metal case was dented to the point the steelbook and artbook won’t come out even if you turn it upside down and shake.
I was able to eek it out about a quarter inch after about 20 mins. But what a waste of time.

I’m assuming Best Buy should be cool with an exchange?
Also looks like it was a factory dent bc the slipcover is pristine
They won't give you a hard time about an exchange at all nope.

Thanks guys. Yeah it’s limited but two of the Best Buy’s near me say there’s a few left according to in store pick up st least

Anybody trying to pick up the let's go steelbook from bestbuy? Any ideas if you already have the game?

Was it for shipping? It won't be processed until later this evening or tomorrow.
Store pickup for the steelbook. Seems it's ready for pickup now. Charged a dollar and change but it appears now BB had updated the price to 12.99. Not terrible but still annoying that there's no offer for people who bought the game before.

Order the game with steelbook online, cancel game and steelbook ends up $1
I kept the game on my order to give to a friend but also purchased another copy on a separate order. Cancelled the game on the second order and it kept the steelbook for a buck. So, I instore picked up the game and two steelbooks for $55 after bhphoto price match.
..nice to see they actually sealed these to help with scratches. The RE 2 steels last time weren't and it showed

Store pickup for the steelbook. Seems it's ready for pickup now. Charged a dollar and change but it appears now BB had updated the price to 12.99. Not terrible but still annoying that there's no offer for people who bought the game before.
Are you within your return period? If so, return/rebuy.

Anthem steelbook at Best Buy. $10 without the game.
I just noticed for Crackdown 3 the offer of the steelbook is no longer with the game on the site, were those ones actually semi-limited? Mine is arriving today but I figured that might be like the FO76 one.

Do you think the Anthem one will go fairly quick or be around awhile?

Weird how there’s a bunch of them. I guess only if it’s an EA game. Resident evil 2 steelbooks were nowhere to be found for $10

Weird how there’s a bunch of them. I guess only if it’s an EA game. Resident evil 2 steelbooks were nowhere to be found for $10
Crackdown 3 ones were gone day after launch. Glad to have that and the RE2. Just wish the US had got that Far Cry New Dawn one. Sucks that it's going for like $50-60.

I wouldn't worry about scoring an Anthem SB, those are going to be around for a long time. All the negative press surrounding it right now has the makings for a disastrous launch once word of mouth reaches people taking a wait and see stance. EA originally wanted 10 million in sales, now revised to 5 million; this isn't even going to do 1m at launch the way things are going and because EA has been on a downsizing streak, I wouldn't be at all shocked if they chopped up Bioware next year after they fail to complete the game. I'm still getting the game so I can play it during its prime before people fall off and go back to Apex Legends but the game isn't ready for release, and will end up boring most players through repetition before they even earn enough coins to buy a single non-legendary skin.

Yeah, from the demo times it was pretty obvious the game is not ready for prime time and it doesn't sound like much changed. They need to just do a mass effect trilogy HD and let bioware leave EA

I give Bioware about a 20% chance of existing 1 year from today.  It's really sad. 

Anthem looks like it's going to flop hard. 

Yeah, from the demo times it was pretty obvious the game is not ready for prime time and it doesn't sound like much changed. They need to just do a mass effect trilogy HD and let bioware leave EA
It's been widely advertised that the demos were not representative of the final GA build. Why they let gamers experience something that is different from the final product who knows.

When everything you do has a loading screen, the game should flop.
EA is releasing a day one patch that will fix lots of things, including the exuberant load times.

It's been widely advertised that the demos were not representative of the final GA build. Why they let gamers experience something that is different from the final product who knows.

EA is releasing a day one patch that will fix lots of things, including the exuberant load times.
Alphas and Betas are meant to not be representative of the final product. A demo, however, should be an exact slice of the game you will play at retail. Remember demo discs for PS1? Those were not patchable and were final code. There's absolutely no excusing the "demo" for how it performed and it was, in fact, representative of the final product as the game is now out for people stupid enough to pay for early access with a majority of the same issues.

And seeing as the game is already out, the day one patch already happened. They have been making all the same excuses this entire time of when things will be "fixed". It is not fair to ask delayed judgement and expectations if you're going to release a demo of an unfinished product and then claim it wasn't really representative because patches are coming. Oh, OK, so when the trailer for a movie comes out I shouldn't expect the movie to be the same thing I previewed OR finished when I set foot in the theater. Got it.

The gaming industry deserves to collapse on itself at this point.

Loot boxes, gachas, freemium, pay to win, unearnable costumes, unneccesary censorship, ports of retro games that aren't remasters nor faithful to the original, battle royale everything, digital costing more than physical, retailer specific pre-order bonuses, list goes on.

The daily quest, loot grind, short story type games get really boring really fast.  When I found out that was Anthem, I knew it wasn't for me.  Destiny and The Division already soured me on the genre.

Id say broken games being shipped is a major problem in the industry nowadays. games that require 60gb day one patches, or games like Spyro that only has one of the games on disc. Hate that trend. 

Anthem is a not a good game, it’s okay only because the combat is good.

Nothing will fix it with a day one pass.

So many QOL things are missing and it has less and more repetitive content than destiny 1. The loot variety and visuals are not diverse.

Don’t try to sugar coat the game...also don’t comment on it until you’ve reached max level.

Yea pretty much the whole games as services business model is not designed to benefit gamers experience rather its to provide steady cashflow, go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back