Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't the one questioning him about it? Reading comprehension.
I was demonstrating the circular pattern it has. I full well understood what you said. And if you're going to use reading comprehension as a comeback you should learn that putting a question mark at the end of a statement renders the statement unusable. Or were you legitimately asking the question to yourself?

But since there is nothing to be gained from this line of conversation I will just drop it and move on.

I was demonstrating the circular pattern it has. I full well understood what you said. And if you're going to use reading comprehension as a comeback you should learn that putting a question mark at the end of a statement renders the statement unusable. Or were you legitimately asking the question to yourself?

But since there is nothing to be gained from this line of conversation I will just drop it and move on.
No, I was literally asking you that question sarcastically and the grammar is perfectly legit. Again... -Reading comprehension-

They recently refreshed. Initial stock just vanished everywhere mostly right away. Assuming they printed more.
Anything is possible, but the game has only been out for a little over two weeks, so I'm not sure they did an actual reprint. It may just be that not all the stock got to the distributor and on to the retailers initially.

No copies within 250 miles of STL, but available on the website. GS is sold out.
Quite a few stores in California have copies and as you said, it's available to ship on Bestbuy.com and on Amazon.com, Target.com and Walmart.com. Maximum Games don't exactly get broad distribution in general beyond the usual online retailers, so I don't know that this particular game is an outlier in that respect.

Quite a few stores in California have copies and as you said, it's available to ship on Bestbuy.com and on Amazon.com, Target.com and Walmart.com. Maximum Games don't exactly get broad distribution in general beyond the usual online retailers, so I don't know that this particular game is an outlier in that respect.
Didn’t know Walmart & Target websites carried it. Was wondering if this would become the new Ys VIII & be worth more than MSRP when it goes out of print.

Didn’t know Walmart & Target websites carried it. Was wondering if this would become the new Ys VIII & be worth more than MSRP when it goes out of print.
Well that sucks.. I was putting off buying Ys VIII because I got pretty much every Xseed game on sale/discount but looks like that wasn't there case here. I figured that, especially since this got a NS release, I could still grab the PS4 version for cheap.

i think id like outward, not sure if i wanna pay $40 for it tho

from what im seeing it got a morrowind survivalist game look to it. 

Is Outward any good?
I beat the game. Well, one of the three playthrough options/routes you get. I'd say it's fully worth $40 to support the dev. It can be a little brutal at first and you will die a decent amount the first fw hours you play. But it was also quite refreshing to play a game that just let you explore. The magic system is really rewarding as well. There are no levels in the game so you become stronger solely from the gear you find/create both armor and weapon wise, or from the items you learn to craft.

Was definitely worth a purchase for me, I plan to go back and restart it soon and play through another of the 2 remaining storyline options.

I beat the game. Well, one of the three playthrough options/routes you get. I'd say it's fully worth $40 to support the dev. It can be a little brutal at first and you will die a decent amount the first fw hours you play. But it was also quite refreshing to play a game that just let you explore. The magic system is really rewarding as well. There are no levels in the game so you become stronger solely from the gear you find/create both armor and weapon wise, or from the items you learn to craft.

Was definitely worth a purchase for me, I plan to go back and restart it soon and play through another of the 2 remaining storyline options.

Is crafting a main part of the game? I have never enjoyed having to farm materials and craft things, I always find it tedious to me. Even though I beat skyrim like 3 or 4 times I never crafted anything because it's never been fun to me.

Is crafting a main part of the game? I have never enjoyed having to farm materials and craft things, I always find it tedious to me. Even though I beat skyrim like 3 or 4 times I never crafted anything because it's never been fun to me.
Only to the point that you want to focus on it. For me, crafting was simply looking up a recipe or two online for weapons primarily and then creating it. Most of them are very simple though where you need for instance 2x an item that drops every time you kill a mob of xxx and then a piece of linen cloth and another item which is everywhere.

Food wise you COULD go crazy and craft as much as you want, I stuck to just creating jerky for mostly the entire game which is just 2 salts and 2 pieces of meat and that creates 5 jerky to use in battle. I am not one to scavenge and scrounge for things for crafting either and I still enjoyed it. Most of the good gear I found was in bandit camps or dungeons I found around the world.

Looks like Days Gone CE is only store pickup now at Best Buy. I am sure there will be some available for order online when it drops. Then again, maybe not. Might be another god of War Stone Mason Edition type situation.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/days-gone-collectors-edition-playstation-4/6321364.p?skuId=6321364
I'm really trying to decide if I should keep my pre-order on this or not. Like all indications seems to be they made plenty of these. The game looks nice, I'm more of a sucker for the Statue/Steelbook than anything but statue quality on games is so hit or miss and can be from amazing (GoW, DS 3) to just utter trash.

They only sent 1-2 copies so it won't always show as available even if a store does have it.
The site actually states either 1 or 2 copies available for the stores in my area that have it. That started somewhat recently. It used to just say there were a "few" left, but now if there are 3 or less it will state the exact quantity.

AC Odyssey Gold Ed is $46.20 over at Ubi Store. You can get another 20% discount for redeeming 100 uPlay coins (one redemption per account).

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

AC Odyssey Gold Ed is $46.20 over at Ubi Store. You can get another 20% discount for redeeming 100 uPlay coins (one redemption per account).

Never ordered from Ubi Store. Would the steelbook be shipped in a box or bubble mailer? How is customer service (if the steelbook is shipped in the latter and arrives damaged)?

Never ordered from Ubi Store. Would the steelbook be shipped in a box or bubble mailer? How is customer service (if the steelbook is shipped in the latter and arrives damaged)?
Box with air bubble (at least thats how they sent my The Crew 2 Gold Ed). CS response time is slow but should get response within a week.

Rage 2 ce Xbox out of stock on bestbuy. And amazon. Still good to go on gs

More videos of the game out today, it’s looking cool

Just saw an unboxing for MK11 kollectors and I've changed my mind. Gamestop is not allowing a cancellation even though it hasn't shipped. Do I just return it in store or send it back?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just saw an unboxing for MK11 kollectors and I've changed my mind. Gamestop is not allowing a cancellation even though it hasn't shipped. Do I just return it in store or send it back?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Either one works fine, but I'd probably call CS to avoid shipping charges if they required them on this CE like they have on others.

I seen pics of the mask it looked nice mk11
Pretty torn on whether I want to keep it or return it, It looks pretty nice in the video but disappointed that they confirmed its made out of cheap plastic for $200. I will say that only 20K made is pretty rare for the MK CE though, For the last Mortal Kombat there was 70K made of just the European Kollectors Edition and that one actually ended up being pretty rare in the long run, then you have god knows how many of the Coarse MK X CE's made here in North America.

Pretty torn on whether I want to keep it or return it, It looks pretty nice in the video but disappointed that they confirmed its made out of cheap plastic for $200. I will say that only 20K made is pretty rare for the MK CE though, For the last Mortal Kombat there was 70K made of just the European Kollectors Edition and that one actually ended up being pretty rare in the long run, then you have god knows how many of the Coarse MK X CE's made here in North America.

The 20k number though is arbitrary since it seems many went out for free to 'influencers'.

Ugh, why did NA have to get the absolute ugliest metal case for MK11 imaginable? I kept thinking that the images were placeholders but nope, that's really it. Now I have to order the infinitely nicer Game version and hope it makes it one piece in a bubble mailer, which is basically the trench run of international shipping.

Ugh, why did NA have to get the absolute ugliest metal case for MK11 imaginable? I kept thinking that the images were placeholders but nope, that's really it. Now I have to order the infinitely nicer Game version and hope it makes it one piece in a bubble mailer, which is basically the trench run of international shipping.
Never ordered from game, I assume you're saying that they have a horrible history of damaged cases with shipping?

Never ordered from game, I assume you're saying that they have a horrible history of damaged cases with shipping?
Game has a horrible history of everything. Shit packaging. Sending you opened games when you ordered new ones. Orders being cancelled or not going through because reasons. The website is broken half the time--when it comes to entering billing details especially. And their CS is a prime example of everything wrong with the modern CS approach. They make Gamestop seem amazing in nearly every way.

Game has a horrible history of everything. Shit packaging. Sending you opened games when you ordered new ones. Orders being cancelled or not going through because reasons. The website is broken half the time--when it comes to entering billing details especially. And their CS is a prime example of everything wrong with the modern CS approach. They make Gamestop seem amazing in nearly every way.
I've gotten a ding here and there but one time I received a totally smashed case. Game.co.uk told me to take it up with UK customs department. I though by the time I figured out how to navigate the process I would have a system that wasn't compatible with the replacement game in the first place. I only order from there because I don't want to admit I have a steelbook problem.

You literally just described Gamestop and their website. Hard to believe someone else can be as inept as them.

Dragon Star Varnir LE is up for preorder on Iffystore for $75.
99bc3a56536f5908148047fe19222640.jpg

Dragon Star Varnir LE is up for preorder on Iffystore for $75.
99bc3a56536f5908148047fe19222640.jpg

Looks like the preorder doesn't start until May 14th. Some nice things included though including a hardcover art book and soundtrack. I'm guessing the steel case is not an actual steelbook, though. Standard edition is $59.99 so the price is decent for what you are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back