Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
:/ that sucks

I ordered the Pokémon edition lite would be willing to get the double pack but I’d like a steelbook

Yep. It's a severe corporate culture problem starting from the very top all the way down through district management.

Gamestop almost went bankrupt last year dude, wake up. They lost $673 million in 2018 and could shutter their doors at any moment. They failed to secure several rounds of funding and were hung out high and dry in multiple instances of potentially being bought out. They are currently running on fumes. THE ENTIRE CHAIN could have been purchased, owned, and rebranded by multiple entities by now EXCEPT NO ONE WANTS TO BUY IT.
They’re going to be around for a few years. Nowhere have I said they have a sustainable business plan that will keep them around long term. You’re putting words in my mouth.

It’s tiresome to see this same conversation pop up from a bunch of armchair analysts every couple days. Even worse are the ones that want to post some YouTube video or Kotaku article thinking they’ve got the new hot-take on the situation. These are usually accompanied by some gripe they have with GameStop and that they feel they should just go out of business.

That seemed kinda shocking but after looking at their financials, that's not true. They didn't lose $673m, they had a book loss of $673m after an impairment write down (basically a loss in value assets, not necessary physical loss) of $964m- likely a one time hit though it's likely they'll have another in 2019 (doubt it'll be as big). Their actual operations are still profitable, believe it not, though going down. Even if you factor out investment (money ownership put in), they pulled in cash in 2018 rather than burn through it.

In short, GS isn't gonna die over night... but might in a few years. At their low point, some investment bank or lender will come in scoop them up and it'll likely survive for another year or two. I mean, look how long Sears survived.
It's funny how the people that always mention this write off loss don't delve into the details. They picked up that number from some sensationalistic headline or article, and then begin spouting it out, to buttress another 'Gamestop is dying, here's why' rant.

Not a single one, claiming their impeding doom, has looked at their yearly financials. Maybe they don't know how to read them.

As for relating to this particular CE topic, you support physical, you get physical. All those repeating the same BS "digital is the future" -- the future is what you make it. Support physical -- if not at GS, then elsewhere, and it will remain alive. Those that reserve themselves to a particular fate as if it is beyond their power to change are quite the pathetic bunch.

They’re going to be around for a few years. Nowhere have I said they have a sustainable business plan that will keep them around long term. You’re putting words in my mouth.
It’s tiresome to see this same conversation pop up from a bunch of armchair analysts every couple days. Even worse are the ones that want to post some YouTube video or Kotaku article thinking they’ve got the new hot-take on the situation. These are usually accompanied by some gripe they have with GameStop and that they feel they should just go out of business.
People are discussing their opinions of the future of GameStop on a discussion board. If that is tiresome to you, that’s your problem, no one else’s. You didn’t have to join in the conversation, but you felt compelled to do so. You don’t have to watch YouTube videos on it either. No one has been proven right on this matter yet, that will be decided in time. Your or my opinion aren’t better than anyone else’s. And I really don’t know when they will shut down. I think it’s possible they could be done by the end of 2020 but that’s no certainty, anything can happen. But you seemed really eager to jump in and tell me and others how we’re wrong because you know for sure and your opinion is the right one.

People are discussing their opinions of the future of GameStop on a discussion board. If that is tiresome to you, that’s your problem, no one else’s. You didn’t have to join in the conversation, but you felt compelled to do so. You don’t have to watch YouTube videos on it either. No one has been proven right on this matter yet, that will be decided in time. Your or my opinion aren’t better than anyone else’s. And I really don’t know when they will shut down. I think it’s possible they could be done by the end of 2020 but that’s no certainty, anything can happen. But you seemed really eager to jump in and tell me and others how we’re wrong because you know for sure and your opinion is the right one.
Came here expecting CE news and instead was told I should cancel any preorders with GS.

Check out the GS thread. You’ll get the same conversation this weekend.

Good thing that I read more than one news article during the last couple of years. You can sure tell who has read zero. I guess we'll just completely ignore the FACT that GS stock has lost 90% of its valuation over the previous five years. It sure is something when we have the ignoramuses calling other people "armchair analysts".

I want you to remember this little back and forth we had here today when GS inevitably goes out of business or gets bought out within the next year or two.

I’m glad GameStop stocks so much shit nobody buys. They do those huge sales and my daughter scores lots of cool lounge fly stuff.

Came here expecting CE news and instead was told I should cancel any preorders with GS.

Check out the GS thread. You’ll get the same conversation this weekend.
I suggested it as potential advice should people choose to take it.

Take some Xanax or something FFS, you are way too fired up about simple innocuous conversation.

goddamn it, at least take the discussion over to the gamestop thread. I'm only here to find out who still hasn't secured a preorder for the EU link's awakening so I can judge their steelbook-less ass

Has Gearbox actually shown what their BL3 Loot Chest Edition looks like and the crap inside of it I cant seem to find any info just like a list of what is inside but no images??

I'm honestly shocked nobody wants a near mint Fire Emblem CE for GCU price after reading all the stories of people's coming smashed to shit.  Whoever gets it after I return it is gonna be a lucky person lol

I'm honestly shocked nobody wants a near mint Fire Emblem CE for GCU price after reading all the stories of people's coming smashed to shit. Whoever gets it after I return it is gonna be a lucky person lol
Where are these stories of damaged FE CE's? Ive only read ones where people received good ones.

I read a few. Then I see reviews or some people posting on here in this forum that theirs came smashed or didn't even show up.
Yeah, there's def been a few stories of damage and mine arrived scuffed up, somewhat badly. I'd be interested in your copy but I can't imagine it'd be much of a discount over the copy I already have after shipping. Thing's pretty heavy.

Tbh I see the firings as less of a doomsday sign and more that upper management realized how useless the DMs actually are. When I worked there the only thing they ever did was set insane goals and harass managers who were already overworked. The dude in my district wanted us to get preorders and GPGs on 50% of our transactions and sign 20 people up for the credit card every day. Basically encouraging that scummy GS behavior.
Lol I can only hope that, if he still even works for the company, my old dipshit DM got canned. Dude had me fired for walking across the street to buy lunch when I was the only Key working, a policy that was never explained to me and was told "the workaround was to send another employee there". Oh right, I'm gonna trust a teenager with my credit card who wasn't exactly the most trustworthy to begin with. My AsM was literally in tears over it because they loved me as an employee.

fuck that guy, right in the ass. /salt

More places to buy physical games should be a good thing--for those of us that collect or prefer it over digital. But most of Gamestop's policies are so incredibly shit that I'm conflicted as to whether that is actually true or not in their case.
They did knock it out of the park on that Division 2 sale. Granted I got it PM'd at BB BUT STILL. :lol:

I read a few. Then I see reviews or some people posting on here in this forum that theirs came smashed or didn't even show up.
Id kill for it, but I had to do a unexpected water heater replacement and it drained all my fun money but like 60 bucks. Otherwise if I could buy it from you I would in a heartbeat.

The one thing I wonder is if/when the gaming industry goes almost exclusively digital(aside from companies like LRG, etc) will they implement a policy that no digital games will ever be taken off their servers?

Imagine buying a game for full price, and them taking it off their servers a few years later for some stupid reason and maybe your HDD gets fried or something and you are unable to download it again. That's my biggest concern. I know this only happens to a small % of games anyway, but it does happen from time to time.

I like owning physical media, and prefer it, but as long as by the time things go fully digital, they figure out a way to hold an entire game collection on your console at once without having to delete and redownload the full game, then admittedly, it would make life easier. Less clutter, less storage. Don't have to worry about scratched discs(most don't anyway, but it's still an advantage). It does have its benefits, though I'd really miss collecting.

Noticed if you scroll further into the description on game.uk, it also comes with a glow-in-the-dark polterpup keyring, in addition to the steelbook!

Ok so I finally got it to work by searching fake UK mobile numbers. Then using incognito to allow payment to go through. I used PayPal.

To help everyone order off Game.uk if your payments aren't going through from the US, when entering a phone number you can use 07911123456 as a placeholder. Then when you are entering your delivery address on the part where it says county (I think its the last little bubble to fill in) enter in your state and it should work. That's how I've gotten all my orders to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back