Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my bag but apparently there's a fancy NFS Heat Edition Coming

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scanavo-nfs-heat-ultimate-collection/6379968.p?skuId=6379968

81zaOTVBqFL._SL1500_.jpg

Note: Doesn't include the game according to the Best Buy listing and price.
And they've done a terrible job marketing it IMO. I still don't know what type of game it's going to be; underground vs rivals for example. I just want Rivals 2 FFS.

It has been pretty active I think though mostly just waiting on my Zelda LE from Amazon.de myself. We had Best Buy listings for Deadly Premonition LE, Rune Factory 4 LE, and Death Stranding in the last few weeks. A lot of recent things I have cared about has been more limited standard editions than Collector's sets too like LRG stuff, FF7/8, DQ1-3, and physical Crystal Chronicles collections. I think there have been more NISA stuff too though I usually avoid those. 

FYI, Amazon France delivered my links awakening LE. Was faster than expected. They stated October 14th and is in mint condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got my Link's awakening LE from amazon Italy and it was resealed from the looks of it. They put a new upc over the old one and didn't even line up the paper so it's off.

[attachment=32838:20191002_190814.jpg]
Amazon spain delivered way expected from the promise date. But it's in perfect condition and still waiting for Amazon Italy

So I was thinking about selling my Code Vein Revenant bundle and after seeing eBay prices, I think I might just do that. But I'm wondering why people are paying so much for them... reviews haven't been all that great. 

So I was thinking about selling my Code Vein Revenant bundle and after seeing eBay prices, I think I might just do that. But I'm wondering why people are paying so much for them... reviews haven't been all that great.
Collector OCD, and FOMO after they flat out deleted the page off the website.

If you dont ship anything and just send someone a code on Ebay. You will get screwed over. The person will just wait a few weeks and file a claim on PayPal and sense you never ship anything you will lose.

Collector OCD, and FOMO after they flat out deleted the page off the website.
Yeah but... the statue (really statuette) sucks... and the page is still up.

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/product/565873/code-vein-the-revenant-bundle-playstation-4

Guess I should have known after that Sword Art Online bundle.

If you dont ship anything and just send someone a code on Ebay. You will get screwed over. The person will just wait a few weeks and file a claim on PayPal and sense you never ship anything you will lose.
It's not an actual code... the name of the game is "Code Vein".

Speaking of that code vein bundle that I never received , bamco continues to ignore my emails and is non communicative through PayPal resolution center. What a bunch of crooks. Their is no way they are confused or making a mistake. I've sent them my invoices and even showed them their packing slip that shows the weight of the shipment at .22lbs. Now they killed the listing for the bundle? Lol
Never mind I see it's still up
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Or people don't post because of douchebags.

But really the topic is missing a lot.

Death Stranding

Link's Awakening

Last of Us (now bumped to next year, but was suppose to be november)

And those are just major titles.
That's funny cuz in just two posts you're a bigger dbag than anyone else who posts in here. :boxing:

The cumulative knowledge in this thread is in the posts between users and not the front page. That's how it's currently working. We are posting things worth looking at, but there's no summary.

Just a heads up that the Nintendo Switch Dragon Quest console is back in stock and sold by Amazon.co.jp. Just picked one up since I missed out on preordering it.
Thanks! I ordered one just now because I saw it’s the longer battery version and that sealed the deal.

Question - I’ve never ordered from amazon JP before - do I have to pay some sort of import / customs taxes?

Thanks! I ordered one just now because I saw it’s the longer battery version and that sealed the deal.

Question - I’ve never ordered from amazon JP before - do I have to pay some sort of import / customs taxes?
Not sure. First time ordering from Amazon.co.jp. I paid with capital one credit card which waves international transaction fees.

well easy come, easy go. My amazon japan account is now suspended until I 'verify my billing info'. 

No idea why, but it says they will get back to me in 24 hours. I cant see my switch order anymore, so they may have auto cancelled it. I didnt do anything strange, just paid with my credit card.

oh well.

well easy come, easy go. My amazon japan account is now suspended until I 'verify my billing info'.

No idea why, but it says they will get back to me in 24 hours. I cant see my switch order anymore, so they may have auto cancelled it. I didnt do anything strange, just paid with my credit card.

oh well.
That’s strange. I got an email notifying me that it was trying to get authorization from my cc company - although I had called the cc company earlier and the rep said everything was good. Then I got a text from my cc company asking if my purchase was legit. Once I approved it, I logged back into my amazon Japan account, accessed my order and confirmed I was paying with the same cc. I finally got a confirmation email that the purchase was approved.

Normally I dont do this but god damn 100 for that junk? That should have been like 80 at the absolute most. The steelbook is the only decent thing in it and even that isn't really too cool looking. Rest is garbage. Some cards? Pins? A light up box?

What I find the most interesting is that Disney signature on the spine of the steelbook. Also, let's be honest here.. the majority of what we receive in a collectors edition is not high quality or expensive to make. I'm not necessarily defending the price of this collectors edition but I will say that the presentation and overall design is appealing. If this item is somewhat uncommon and the game turns out to be good, this is not a bad piece of memorabilia. Would I like it to be cheaper? Of course!
Edit: granted the materials arent paper thin and have some standards on the quality
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got my LA steelbook in from nintendosoup store.  It was in a bubble mailer and had no special packaging.  Just a steelbook and retail version of the game.  Everything was in good shape though!  The steelbook looks wider than other switch steels, but it's the same size.

Marvel's Avengers "Earth's Mightiest Edition" was announced at NYCC.  Looks like it comes with a Steelbook.  No word on price or if it's exclusive to certain retailers. 

egekwkfu8aaexyw_8367993.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back