Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think the COD Dark Edition is worth it? Haven't gotten into a COD game since modern warfare 2 but this latest one has me interested
I'm not sure that we can answer that. Do you generally enjoy the FPS genre? Do you like the CoD approach to it? Do you care more about zombies (not in this one) or single player (which is back in this one)? Do you mind it being short? Do you replay for higher difficulty and achievements/trophies? Is it something that you'll spend some time with online? Do you typically buy CEs? Do you like and value the contents of this one? Would you be just as happy with a standard edition copy for a $20-$30 off (BF is coming, let's be real)?

We could all give an opinion, but we're all going to have different answers to the questions I posed, and that's not even an exhaustive list, so I'd say our input isn't very relevant or useful for you.

I'm not sure that we can answer that. Do you generally enjoy the FPS genre? Do you like the CoD approach to it? Do you care more about zombies (not in this one) or single player (which is back in this one)? Do you mind it being short? Do you replay for higher difficulty and achievements/trophies? Is it something that you'll spend some time with online? Do you typically buy CEs? Do you like and value the contents of this one? Would you be just as happy with a standard edition copy for a $20-$30 off (BF is coming, let's be real)?

We could all give an opinion, but we're all going to have different answers to the questions I posed, and that's not even an exhaustive list, so I'd say our input isn't very relevant or useful for you.
Yeah I understand haha my question was very open ended...I don't mind short games/no zombies, just looking for an experience similar to MW2. I'm more so wondering about the quality of the Dark Edition and if it was under or exceeded expectations. Any chance you think the Dark edition will be in stock and on sale for BF? I don't have a good feel for how quickly these editions tend to run out

Yeah I understand haha my question was very open ended...I don't mind short games/no zombies, just looking for an experience similar to MW2. I'm more so wondering about the quality of the Dark Edition and if it was under or exceeded expectations. Any chance you think the Dark edition will be in stock and on sale for BF? I don't have a good feel for how quickly these editions tend to run out
NVGs are made of plastic and the straps are a little annoying to adjust. They work ok. About 50ft range or so. They fit kinda odd on my big head. Steelbook isn't super special but ok. For the game it lasts about 8 hours on veteran, the spec ops missions are not in the game yet, and multiplayer turns the xbox one off. I played the story in one sitting without issue. It's an ok CE. It's something you can use instead of collecting dust, so that's a plus.

This Death Stranding Steelbook available in Japan on 11/18 is actually a novel in a steelbook case. Not sure if the US is getting this too. Not sure if it can be shipped to the US (never bought anything from Japan)

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201911/01186188.html

attachicon.gif
EIQCsuvWsAAB-_a.jpg
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4103530812?ie=UTF8&tag=shinchosha0e-22&linkCode=as2&camp=247&creative=1211&creativeASIN=4103530812

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Its been in and out of stock sporadically over the last few months at BB. They probably got their final stock numbers in. I'm still debating canceling mine...guess I should decide soon.
Me too. Lackluster reviews, and it's a steep premium for a weird baby lamp I'll probably never display.

Its been in and out of stock sporadically over the last few months at BB. They probably got their final stock numbers in. I'm still debating canceling mine...guess I should decide soon.
I cancelled mine. It was a tough call as it was on GCU. In the end, it was still 170 bucks and I really didn't care for the contents tbh. The SE is the way I should have gone from the get go so I could have used GCU on that. Oh well. Still save myself 100 bucks. I could have pieced out but I don't have time for that really.

Couple of questions for the pros here:

1. I had my wallet stolen and cancelled my cards recently. When my Amazon.de order of Luigi's Mansion was shipping payment bounced and I switched but haven't been charged. Since the item is OOS is it just going to sit there forever? At this point I may just get digital.

2. Thinking of cancelling Death Stranding after bad reviews but noticed I had $30 in certs as part of payment. I know they release if you cancel within a certain amount of time but is there a time limit on that as I preordered months ago when the game was announced. I'm not interested in bugging a CSR if I don't have to.

1. I had my wallet stolen and cancelled my cards recently. When my Amazon.de order of Luigi's Mansion was shipping payment bounced and I switched but haven't been charged. Since the item is OOS is it just going to sit there forever? At this point I may just get digital.

2. Thinking of cancelling Death Stranding after bad reviews but noticed I had $30 in certs as part of payment. I know they release if you cancel within a certain amount of time but is there a time limit on that as I preordered months ago when the game was announced. I'm not interested in bugging a CSR if I don't have to.
Death stranding bad reviews? I saw GameSpot giving a 9 (superb) score

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I honestly don't think you can trust any reviews on this game at all. There is way too much hatred and love for this and too much conversation and debating going on. It's like people discussing politics honestly. A lot seem to be way too happy to over the hype the game and practically suck hideos dick, then the other side are eager to bash him to bits and pray he is a failure. Seems to be a vast emotional divide on this for some reason.

Seems to come from a very public and ugly konami breakup that damaged mgs5 which was beloved and cost PT which many were greatly excited for. So after that hideo got a lot of support from fans, which in turn created a lot of contrarians who wanted to hate him just for getting attention which made the pro hideo guys even more steadfast.

I don't know. I am excited for the game. Even if it isn't like masterpiece 10 out of 10 for me I know at the very least I am going to get to play a unique game that will be interesting and different. Even if it isn't perfect I know it will be fun. And that is exactly what I want. I'd rather play a unique and different games that's 7 out of 10, than play a boring familiar 10 out of 10 franchise game that is just like a dozen other games exactly like it.

In my experience if you cancel a preorder that has reward certificates on it, the reward certs get placed back in your account almost right away. Hopefully that is still the case.

I honestly don't think you can trust any reviews on this game at all. There is way too much hatred and love for this and too much conversation and debating going on. It's like people discussing politics honestly. A lot seem to be way too happy to over the hype the game and practically suck hideos dick, then the other side are eager to bash him to bits and pray he is a failure. Seems to be a vast emotional divide on this for some reason.

Seems to come from a very public and ugly konami breakup that damaged mgs5 which was beloved and cost PT which many were greatly excited for. So after that hideo got a lot of support from fans, which in turn created a lot of contrarians who wanted to hate him just for getting attention which made the pro hideo guys even more steadfast.

I don't know. I am excited for the game. Even if it isn't like masterpiece 10 out of 10 for me I know at the very least I am going to get to play a unique game that will be interesting and different. Even if it isn't perfect I know it will be fun. And that is exactly what I want. I'd rather play a unique and different games that's 7 out of 10, than play a boring familiar 10 out of 10 franchise game that is just like a dozen other games exactly like it.
I will keep my CE order and will think about the PS4 LE

Cant decide if I want to keep my Death Stranding CE. Really hoping an unboxing comes out before Amazon charges me. Because I'm also getting dinged for the Pokemon Sword/Shield Switch Lite console on the same day, and $400+ in one day just seems silly to me.

I think the best headline I've read this morning was "Death Stranding: Very Silent Hills". I mean, anyone who didn't see this coming was chugging the kool-aid hard. I've never seen anything that got me particularly excited or that would define the game for me. I figured it was Hideo just being weird and it is. Apparently, it doesn't seem to make for good gameplay in the end.

I think the best headline I've read this morning was "Death Stranding: Very Silent Hills". I mean, anyone who didn't see this coming was chugging the kool-aid hard. I've never seen anything that got me particularly excited or that would define the game for me. I figured it was Hideo just being weird and it is. Apparently, it doesn't seem to make for good gameplay in the end.
I'm going to play it and decide for myself if I like it. No kool aid required :)

Cant decide if I want to keep my Death Stranding CE. Really hoping an unboxing comes out before Amazon charges me. Because I'm also getting dinged for the Pokemon Sword/Shield Switch Lite console on the same day, and $400+ in one day just seems silly to me.
You just made me realize I have my Lite, LE PRO, and the CE to pick up that day. $800 is going to be painful af.

Let's be on the lookout for a diablo IV CE. Blizzard is a son of a bitch but damn that game looks good

The reviews of Death Standing are kinda nuts... usually seems like mainstream websites are pretty consistent but this one is all over the place. 

Now that I know more about the game, I'm really struggling with whether I want to keep my Death Stranding PS4 Pro or not. I absolutely love Kojima, and I do believe that I will appreciate the game. I just don't really know if I'm going to love it or not. Hmmm. HMMM...

I'm reading that the game is 100% fetch quests, which doesn't sound particularly fun even if it does look good...

Death Stranding sounds like the opposite of what I look for in games. I hate fetch quests, I hate annoying inventory management, I hate restrictions in traversal, and I hate open world games with restrictions in fast travel. I'm still gonna try it and if I dislike it, oh well, NBD

That Death Stranding PS4 is hideous.  Take away the branding and ask yourself if you'd still care if it simply looked the way it looked.

Cancelled my Death Stranding CE order.  There are too many other important sales to contend with this month.   Plus it's really hard to get on-board with 30fps, non-VRR, new release PS4 game pricing with the new consoles just around the corner. 

I really need to hear how PS4 game discs and save files are going to work on the PS5.   If there is no upscaling or  unlocked refresh rate on the old discs then its a bad time to start new games right now.  This is going to be an ongoing issue until the summer, apparently. 

Yeah..after seeing that unboxing I cancelled mine. Seems really lackluster for the price. I'm looking forward to the game, but not $200 for a CE I'm already iffy on level

I'm still torn on Death Standing... I actually can't figure out what the fuck the game is about. Some people are calling it a masterpiece and others are calling it a fetch-quest game. 

I canceled my CE and went with the Special Edition that came back up on Amazon. Collecting Steelbooks takes up way less space and $140 is a big difference.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

I am considering doing this as well since I cancelled my CE two days ago.
It was a no-brainer for me, I had $215 in amazon gc applied to the DS CE. Switched to the special edition and also paid off my FF remake DE that I got for $56 back when there was a coupon glitch. Gonna save the rest for black Friday or apply it to my Cyberpunk CE.

I'm still trying to decide if I even want to keep my SE. Like steelbooks, but this one isn't even that cool.

Decided to cancel my CE as well, but I think I will pick up the console. The previous LE consoles have been pretty rare iirc.

Darksiders III Apocalypse Edition is on clearance at gamestop for $119.97 and the CE is $59.97. Only have CE's around me no apocalypse edition...

Oh ffs! I just bought this with $100 in certs not long ago! What a waste! There are a bunch of em around me too.

Decided to get the SE from day one but thought about getting the CE, however I need money for Black Friday so never pre ordered the CE. Based on reviews, it’s not for everyone and you have to be open minded. It’s different. It picks up and can eventually blow you away at the end according to yongyea’s review

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back