Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw a huge stack of Shenmue 3 steelbooks at BB today. Should be able to get one of these for cheaper later on. They're $19.99 atm w/o game purchase.
How do you just buy the SB? I ordered the game for in store pick up and the SB is getting shipped to me separately. I was going to sell teh game but if I can just buy the SB for $20, would rather do that.

Warning
Anybody else get this nonsense?
Got a text from Bestbuy about my Doom CE that releases in March.....
I'm gonna get screwed out of my order.

We're sorry, we're working on getting it to you soon. If we can't ship it by Sun, December 22, we'll let you know and cancel the order
I got an email about it.

How do you just buy the SB? I ordered the game for in store pick up and the SB is getting shipped to me separately. I was going to sell teh game but if I can just buy the SB for $20, would rather do that.
If you return the game you should receive a full refund, then a separate charge for the steelbook.

Alternatively, just don't pick up the game in store. It will accomplish the same thing.

Thank you for your recent purchase of the DOOM Eternal Collectors Edition Xbox One. We noticed that the last email we sent to you regarding this order was sent in error. Please note that your product will be available Friday, March 20 2020. This is the date that DOOM Eternal Collectors Edition Xbox One is available to all customers. We'll send a separate email with further instructions when your item ships.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you as a Best Buy customer.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

I doubt it'll get cancelled, they have a month to straighten it out in their systems.
They had the same issue with Owlboy CE for Switch and they never straightened it out. A bunch of people (including myself) lost their preorders for that because of it. It looks like they corrected the issue with Doom though.

SE will be charging for the FF VII Remake CE next week. Already shitty that they’re charging for this 3-4 months in advance, but then sending the email on Thanksgiving morning is even worse. Seems like they wanted to sneak the email in with all the spam from other sales so people miss it.

SE will be charging for the FF VII Remake CE next week. Already shitty that they’re charging for this 3-4 months in advance, but then sending the email on Thanksgiving morning is even worse. Seems like they wanted to sneak the email in with all the spam from other sales so people miss it.
It also said that if your payment gets rejected or if there is an error they will try again a couple other times leading up to release.

I got the email days ago. It is weird to charge so early tho I didnt really read the whole email.
basically they want to make sure they can take your money or offer it to somebody else who can give them money when everything's ready to ship so you can't change your mind.

basically they want to make sure they can take your money or offer it to somebody else who can give them money when everything's ready to ship so you can't change your mind.
Honestly, they could have waited until Jan... it's the fucking holidays, people are spending a lot of money as is. Now there's going to be another $300+ gone for everyone on something that they won't have for another 3 months.

SE basically just wants to collect the money now to make their financials look better and earn interest on that money.

Thanks for this. Didn't even get the email, but now I can cancel and not feel bad!

Honestly, they could have waited until Jan... it's the fucking holidays, people are spending a lot of money as is. Now there's going to be another $300+ gone for everyone on something that they won't have for another 3 months.

SE basically just wants to collect the money now to make their financials look better and earn interest on that money.
That's fucked up TBH. Wonder if they're violating their own TOS with that horseshit. They really have become a shitheel company. :???:

Had already pretty much decided to cancel my FFVII CE preorder anyway (sure I want that figure, but not $250 levels of want it, and especially when it's not even an actual package with the game...), but them charging for it so early, and during the most money-strapped time of the year no less, made it a lot easier to just go hit that cancel button and get it done with. What a shame. Looking forward to the game itself, and I'll be happy with the deluxe edition instead, but the CE really does feel like just a giant money grab, even more than what most CE's are. Wish they'd have some more respect for their customers and product.

Had already pretty much decided to cancel my FFVII CE preorder anyway (sure I want that figure, but not $250 levels of want it, and especially when it's not even an actual package with the game...), but them charging for it so early, and during the most money-strapped time of the year no less, made it a lot easier to just go hit that cancel button and get it done with. What a shame. Looking forward to the game itself, and I'll be happy with the deluxe edition instead, but the CE really does feel like just a giant money grab, even more than what most CE's are. Wish they'd have some more respect for their customers and product.
So dumb that they went the route on separating the game from the bike and figure.

I'll be canceling as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Makes me wonder if the issues they had with the FFXV CE missing discs made them separate the game and goods with FF7R and KH3 LE sets. 

You can buy the figure separately without the bike. I bought it before the CE was announced. Now I’m selling it to offset the cost of the CE (because I want the bike).

I ended up just getting the deluxe of FF7. Steelbooks are cool and the figure isn't worth $250. It was one of my last GCU pre-orders.

If they did something similar for FF8 I'd just be indiscriminately throwing money at them, though. I understand how some people still want the FF7R CE

It's actually $330 which I totally forgot. This is a $360 buy. I'm gonna keep this one because FFVII is my favorite game ever and I want this as a collector's item, but I'm sorry I draw the line if they try and churn out $330 CEs for every episodic release. Not paying a thousand dollars for the whole set of any CE unless I get total "F you money" in my future.

It's actually $330 which I totally forgot. This is a $360 buy. I'm gonna keep this one because FFVII is my favorite game ever and I want this as a collector's item, but I'm sorry I draw the line if they try and churn out $330 CEs for every episodic release. Not paying a thousand dollars for the whole set of any CE unless I get total "F you money" in my future.
Oh you well and we know it, I wanted to cancel but I love FF7 and I can't [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LMAO

The SquareEnix store has become even more of a shitshow and funnier.  Their solution to their CE debacle is to charge hundreds of dollars months in advance in order to prevent people from cancelling.  These guys are a joke.  :rofl:

LMAO

The SquareEnix store has become even more of a shitshow and funnier. Their solution to their CE debacle is to charge hundreds of dollars months in advance in order to prevent people from cancelling. These guys are a joke. :rofl:
Can't people still cancel? I thought it was possible to cancel up to a few days before the item ships?

LMAO

The SquareEnix store has become even more of a shitshow and funnier. Their solution to their CE debacle is to charge hundreds of dollars months in advance in order to prevent people from cancelling. These guys are a joke. :rofl:
people can still cancel, they're probably doing this to gauge on how many of these preorders are from serious buyers and not wait till the last minute to find out how many orders are bad orders.

people can still cancel, they're probably doing this to gauge on how many of these preorders are from serious buyers and not wait till the last minute to find out how many orders are bad orders.
Given this dick move by them, I might still cancel at the last minute to counter-dick them.

For now though, the game looks promising and FFVII is probably the most memorable game I ever played (it's the game that made me fall in love with RPGs) so I do want it.

Definitely promoted me to cancel. Although it’s not as nasty as the companies like LRG that obviously grab cash and earn off of it for months before intending to deliver.

I was considering the cost of the figure/bike as the $250 difference between the CE and Deluxe edition, which I'm buying instead. But you're right that it was actually more, when I went to cancel my order I think it was like $370-something after taxes and shipping. Yikes.

An easy way to make the decision for me was to frame it as, would I spend $250+ for the figure/bike separate from the game (which it already sort of is anyway)? And the answer for me was a resounding no. There's been plenty of expensive FFVII figures out there for years already which I've passed on for costing too much, and I figure if I've been living without all those all this time, I don't need this one either, especially when half of it isn't even unique to the CE.

And yeah, they probably will churn out $330 (or more!) CE's for the rest of the parts of the game, I can't imagine they'd throw away that opportunity to milk it even harder. I'm sure it'll be an Aerith or Sephiroth figure or something for the next one. And my OCD would kill me if I ordered the first one but not the rest. Definitely don't want to fall into that trap.

I was gone for a week so naturally I was a little worried.  But everything came in just fine from shop4megastore.com.   The international package required signature upon delivery.  So they had it waiting for me at the post office.  The total was $101.98 for the steelbook collection.  Would definitely order from them again.

Pokemon-sword-and-shield.jpg

I was considering the cost of the figure/bike as the $250 difference between the CE and Deluxe edition, which I'm buying instead. But you're right that it was actually more, when I went to cancel my order I think it was like $370-something after taxes and shipping. Yikes.

An easy way to make the decision for me was to frame it as, would I spend $250+ for the figure/bike separate from the game (which it already sort of is anyway)? And the answer for me was a resounding no. There's been plenty of expensive FFVII figures out there for years already which I've passed on for costing too much, and I figure if I've been living without all those all this time, I don't need this one either, especially when half of it isn't even unique to the CE.

And yeah, they probably will churn out $330 (or more!) CE's for the rest of the parts of the game, I can't imagine they'd throw away that opportunity to milk it even harder. I'm sure it'll be an Aerith or Sephiroth figure or something for the next one. And my OCD would kill me if I ordered the first one but not the rest. Definitely don't want to fall into that trap.
It's harder for me to justify the CE when I got the premium on amazon for $50ish a while back.

Translation: "Where are you guys going??? Come back! Keep your pre-orders!"
We'll know how many canceled in the next few weeks when SE has that inevitable restock. Regardless I'll be keeping mine, I actually collect Final Fantasy PlayArts Kai figures to begin with. So it was actually a perfect CE inclusion for me.

The retro packaging for Aladdin and The Lion King collection is pretty nice in person but not $50 nice. Would have made more sense to introduce these at $30 whenever the regular version gets an official price drop to $20.

The retro packaging for Aladdin and The Lion King collection is pretty nice in person but not $50 nice. Would have made more sense to introduce these at $30 whenever the regular version gets an official price drop to $20.
Any pics?

Also, I ended up preordering the new Persona 5 CE at Best Buy. Totally missed that announcement yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back