2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think I'll be getting my Genesis from BB on time. I didn't get the "check your payment info" email from them. But unlike those here who already got charged or shipped, I didn't order it from BB when it originally went live. It went back in stock for about 15 minutes a couple months ago after being OOS for weeks and I ordered it then. So maybe I'm last in the pecking order.

Why are people paying $60 for this?!?!? Just for an ugly steelbook? This will be $20 on Black Friday. Why are people so obsessed with Marvel that they throw away all their money?
What? I actually don't give 2 cents about superhero stuff but randomly love them like the Spiderman game for PS4, and this wasn't on my radar but that steelbook is one of the sexiest ones I've ever seen so now I'm thinking about preordering it, gameplay looks good too.

Why are people paying $60 for this?!?!? Just for an ugly steelbook? This will be $20 on Black Friday. Why are people so obsessed with Marvel that they throw away all their money?
It wouldn't have been $20 on Black Friday anyway even if it came out in May like it was supposed to...

Highly doubtful unless the game is a huge bomb. The Avengers license is far too expensive for it to drop that quick. Spider-Man was a September game 2 years ago and was $40 on Black Friday.

Highly doubtful unless the game is a huge bomb. The Avengers license is far too expensive for it to drop that quick. Spider-Man was a September game 2 years ago and was $40 on Black Friday.
A little off topic of games, but do you know if Best Buy will ever get the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood steelbook editions back in stock? Been sold out for a while.

A little off topic of games, but do you know if Best Buy will ever get the Once Upon a Time in Hollywood steelbook editions back in stock? Been sold out for a while.
No idea. It no longer has a spot on the shelves in stores so it would be online only if it does happen.

Sideman was 15 and it was complete with all the DLC

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Walmart still has it up for preorders

Edit: nevermind sold out now, it was up earlier this afternoon. I placed an preorder.
This is very unexpected to me. After earning plat in P5, I was on the fence about the game as a whole, the CE was out of the question. I wonder if buyers are mostly new players or coming from vanilla. I think that they probably manufactured fewer of these than P5 CEs.

This is very unexpected to me. After earning plat in P5, I was on the fence about the game as a whole, the CE was out of the question. I wonder if buyers are mostly new players or coming from vanilla. I think that they probably manufactured fewer of these than P5 CEs.
2 friends and I all ordered the CE when it was first announced after having played the original because we love the game so much we wanted the CE contents and can’t wait to play it again, I imagine it’s a lot of hardcore fans

^Yowza, I was thinking of skipping or waiting on Avengers after seeing that depressing box art, but the steelbook looks so superior that it might be a day-one buy for me now. :shock:
Yea, pretty much zero interest in the game, but it's a nice Steelbook. Helps that I'm a minor fan of Ms. Marvel.

Yea, pretty much zero interest in the game, but it's a nice Steelbook. Helps that I'm a minor fan of Ms. Marvel.
Yep I didn't even know this game was coming up, and I have yet to watch any superhero movies outside the first Spider-Man and a couple of the original Batmans yet I preordered it just for that sexy steelbook lol. I did really enjoy Spider-Man on PS4 though and looking at the gameplay vids of this it looks fun, and now I kinda wanna watch the Avengers movies so think I'll do that to get acquainted.

Same. As a huge fan of the series I don’t understand the wowgasm over 5. It’s basically 4 with slightly dif toons and story- almost lazily similar- and 4 was 3 reworked. There was not as much love for 3 but it’s definitely my fave. No way I’d consider that 5 plat grind again.

Same. As a huge fan of the series I don’t understand the wowgasm over 5. It’s basically 4 with slightly dif toons and story- almost lazily similar- and 4 was 3 reworked. There was not as much love for 3 but it’s definitely my fave. No way I’d consider that 5 plat grind again.
What's P5, Persona 5? Also toons, really?

The more and more I think about it I want to cancel FF7 1st class edition and just buy the ol regular deluxe. 

I dont need the figures, and I've got the deluxe copy on Amazon for $60

The more and more I think about it I want to cancel FF7 1st class edition and just buy the ol regular deluxe.

Doit, especially since it's not even complete. I didn't realize until today they were planning on completing this game over like 3 releases so I decided against getting it at all until it's all out.

I cancelled mine also because it is episodic. On top of that the future releases will be on a newer gen console so it wouldn't be a matching set technically.

Anyone else get the Bayonetta & Vanquish Launch Edition today? The Steelbook has to be one of my favorites so far. The pictures on Amazon don't due any justice, it's one of the best embossed steelbooks I've seen.

Anyone else get the Bayonetta & Vanquish Launch Edition today? The Steelbook has to be one of my favorites so far. The pictures on Amazon don't due any justice, it's one of the best embossed steelbooks I've seen.
My package arrived right as I was leaving home. About to head back now. Excited to replay Bayonetta, try Vanquish for the first time, and stare at the steelbook

Damn you're really selling me. I really only buy steels for my PS4 games since I consider Xbox game discs to be at this point essentially useless license discs, and was planning on skipping this due to having both games through back compat.... But maybe I will pick this up and give it a spin. Could use a replay of vanquish and if the steel is that nice... Now do I go PS4 pro or xbone ... Hmm

Do ittttt

But I'm keeping mine [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Damn you're really selling me. I really only buy steels for my PS4 games since I consider Xbox game discs to be at this point essentially useless license discs, and was planning on skipping this due to having both games through back compat.... But maybe I will pick this up and give it a spin. Could use a replay of vanquish and if the steel is that nice... Now do I go PS4 pro or xbone ... Hmm
Slightly OT but why do you think xbox discs in particular are basically just license disks? Seems that way with PS4 to me too.

omg P3 is my favorite as well! The newer games have QoL improvements and some new stuff ofc but the story/characters of P3 were a lot more memorable overall for me than P4 or P5, though they are all great games.

P5 was a lot of fun (the soundtrack is incredible) but it was long as all get out and dragged on in the final hours. Only a true expansion or some really meaningful, plentiful new content would have brought me back, but from all I've seen and heard of P5R it seems to by and large be the same game with a smattering of new or changed elements. Not for me, but I hope everyone looking forward to it haves fun!

So I just got home... The steelbook is beautiful! I agree 100% the pictures don't do it justice.

Slightly OT but why do you think xbox discs in particular are basically just license disks? Seems that way with PS4 to me too.
The way I see it, and to my understanding on Xbox from disc you must install the entire game to console plus any updates or dlc. The disc is essentially just the license to play. On PS4 at least I can play games right from the disc. Yes it installs the game somewhat but to my understanding it's not the entirety of the game (maybe game dependant tho, unsure how multi disc games get handled) + dlc/updates. Gives the disc a purpose I this way. With Xbox installing the entirety of the disc contents it really just kinda removes the point of the disc. But at this point the Xbox really just is a gaming PC where as I still kind of see PS4 as more of a traditional console? Not to say either is better I love both my consoles.

I'm pretty sure both consoles install the whole game from the disc, but I know it's very easy to refuse patches, updates, etc. on ps4...not sure how easy or even possible that is on x1 if the console is online

From what I remember, you can't play online if you refuse to update, but that's where the limitation ends. Game should still launch just fine.  I believe there is no difference between PS4 and Xbox in that regard. 

I'm pretty sure both consoles install the whole game from the disc, but I know it's very easy to refuse patches, updates, etc. on ps4...not sure how easy or even possible that is on x1 if the console is online
Yes they both install the whole game from disc, not sure what that bloke is going on about

am i the only one still deciding on wither or not to cancel last of us 2 collectors edition with gcu, cause i know they will port this to the ps5 and i don't need another statue 

Anyone get their Rune Factory 4 SE canceled by Best Buy?

Doesn't make any sense. The email said this item is still delayed so we're cancelling your order.

I received my CE of Zombie Army 4 after 10 days of release. It was a bit annoying, I never received a "order ready" pick up notification, on release day they had said my order would then arrive 10 days later and finally on that date they couldn't find my item for 20 mins. When they finally found my item it was apparently out on the sales floor because apparently I never "picked up" my item after release date -_- These things happen but Best Buy keeps messing up with my orders these days.

Even if they port last of us to PS5 it won’t be right away. There might not even be a CE for the port. I’d at least keep it or sell it if u change ur mind

Anyone get their Rune Factory 4 SE canceled by Best Buy?

Doesn't make any sense. The email said this item is still delayed so we're cancelling your order.
Yup, they canceled mine, as well. Thankfully it was still available to preorder, so I just re-placed my order.

My package arrived right as I was leaving home. About to head back now. Excited to replay Bayonetta, try Vanquish for the first time, and stare at the steelbook
Thank god you guys started talking about this. I thought I had it preordered, but picked mine up last night.

You should definitely play Vanquish first. It's honestly one of the best, if not the best, under the radar gems of the PS3 era.

Future Press just announcement their next guide: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

https://www.future-press.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons

87259115_10157969928616163_1880131928212897792_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back