2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess its eBay for me :/ Thanks for the quick response though :)
No problem, but I would wait until after release before heading to eBay. Generally, around a week or so before release stores "restock" orders that failed due to payment issues, people having second thoughts, etc. If you use a site like NowInStock to get alerts when stuff pops back up you may be able to snag one of those "restock" orders without paying the scalper premium.

It's doubtful. They didn't reprint the Take Your Heart edition from the original Persona 5, Persona 4's Solid Gold edition, etc.
I don't think I've ever seen an actual reprint of a CE outside of Nintendo, who reprinted the Super Mario All-Stars LE for the Wii- as in the actual LE, not standalone the Nintendo Selects release. I only remember this because I searched high and low for a copy, and found one like 40 something miles a way and then a month later they announced a reprint.

Can't think of any other time a CE was reprinted. I know sometimes they're issue a larger production run before release but I don't really count that as a reprint.

Another CE that rose is price after the fact is Nier Automata Black Box. That one rose in price. I didn't even know The Witcher 3 did, that's interesting. It was readily available for so long upon release.

But most don't rise in value anymore. Reselling CEs isn't nearly as lucrative as it once was.

Just some pics of the Animal Crossing Switch and case.

nGlX68K.jpg

ITGY9hJ.jpg

qNCfaSz.jpg

Q0T8XAu.jpg

dLvlLM0.jpg

4mbN88v.jpg

I just went to Walmart to buy some candy for the FF7R DLC and wow, what a shitshow... all this damn talk about stores running out of TP on the news, and nobody covering the real story: not a single damn Crunch bar or BabyRuth. Had to settle for 2x Butterfingers and whatever this new recipe is, is disgusting. Cannot believe they can legally call this "peanut buttery", it's like chalk. 

In all seriousness, this theme better be worth it. 

I ate one of the butterfinger bars, the new formula definitely isn't as good. Not sure what it is, it's drier and less flavorful.

Didn't get my email yet did it on Thursday, probably by Monday.

Wow, I have all those but seeing them all out in the open like that is so cool. I do have the Dragon Age Inquisition CE somewhere but thought it wasn't worth much because of all the QC issues and that EA never replaced the damaged items (even though they said they would). But maybe I just bought too many CEs because most of mine aren't worth jack (at least, as far as I know).
Project Triforce did replace the broken items right before they closed, about 3 years ago. Go find the old CE thread from late 2016/early 2017. The reason it held its value despite the issues was it was GameStop exclusive.

I got my 25% off email from best buy. So many CE's sold out though. I was hoping that Cyberpunk wild be in stock so that I could cancel my preorder and replace it, but no dice. I'll dig around, but if nothing else, I'll use it on Nioh 2.

Is trading or buying pre orders of collections editions still a thing here? I’m not seeing any other way to get the Ellie Edition unless I’m going to ebay route.

I got my FFVII email theme after 3 days. I uploaded a receipt with 10 Butterfinger bars and it said, "You have now earned the maximum amount of DLC in the promotion".

I got my FFVII email theme after 3 days. I uploaded a receipt with 10 Butterfinger bars and it said, "You have now earned the maximum amount of DLC in the promotion".
I missed it when it went live and then just watched Bestbuy, Amazon, etc. like a hawk and missed it tons of times until Bestbuy only day had it up for like 15 minutes when I was able to snag one. I'd set up alerts on Nowinstock and try that route first and then wait until release when there's often a post-release stock available due to failed charges and whatnot.

Is trading or buying pre orders of collections editions still a thing here? I’m not seeing any other way to get the Ellie Edition unless I’m going to ebay route.
Nice. I finished the demo last night and even with all the good things said about the demo, it actually lived up to the hype. I'm now thinking about going back to get more Butterfingers for the other DLC... but I really don't want to go into a WM again.

Just got email saying my Butterfinger receipt has been approved. The theme was given for now, the rest will come in 3-5 days later. I entered the promotion on Thursday, wasn't expect it going to process through the weekend.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Didn’t get my email yet, my receipt has done streaks in it like it was running out of ink, wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Who the hell are they to reject people’s receipts? I’ve seen a lot of people say theirs got rejected. It’s a freaking theme, not the Mona fucking Lisa, what the hell is wrong with them? Bottom line: don't start a promotion if you can't live up to it and waste people's time and money to buy nasty ass "new and improved" Butterfingers.

It didn't occur to me how hard it was to buy Nestle bars by themselves... everything is in a multi pack or they only carry Hershey brand bars.

I saw Nestle Crunch bars at Best Buy while I was checking out but figured I could get them for cheaper elsewhere.

Wegmans only carried solo Hershey bars

Target only carried solo Hershey Bars

Walmart only carried Butterfinger (I wasn't buying 10 Butterfingers, ew)

I ended up going to 7-11 and buying 10x 3.3oz Baby Ruths.  I submitted my receipt on Sunday at 2:15pm, received a "we got your receipt please wait" at 2:23pm, and woke up this morning to a 5:58am e-mail with my approval/Theme DLC Code.

My receipts say "Nestle BbyRthKS3.3z" on them if that matters to anyone concerning the description of the item.

I'll post when the DLC comes in.  I'm hoping it says "you got the maximum" because of doing 10 bars at once.

Any pics or video of the ori ce?

Found one...it’s very plain especially the steel book. Just canceled

https://youtu.be/HY0BTydyHUU

I’m actually a big fan of these minimal special/collectors editions. It’s only $50 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea it was only $50 but I just don’t dig the all black packaging/black steel book. Ori is a game with beautiful colors.

Got my Tifa theme... it's pretty nice. 

Also, kind of surprised Ghost of Tsushima CE sold out. It seems like that game, as amazing as it looks, doesn't seem to have much hype around it. 

Glad I'm not the only one. My ori is still waiting to be shipped but said it will arrive tomorrow still. Bestbuy has been really bad lately. Dont know what's going on.

And there it is... got the delayed email from Best Buy. Literally second item in a row I got from them delayed. The last order I had from them was Darksiders: Genesis. Also delayed. And also my Rune Factory was just randomly cancelled not too long before as well.

Tough year for BB.

My GCU expired sometime in February. I don't think the code and GCU stack.
GCU and the GCU expiring coupon stack, there’s plenty of posts attesting to that.
His actual problem is also something commonly posted about; which is that GCU stops working well before the end of the day on your expiration date; some people actually reported it expiring a day early for them.

I sent a customer service ticket to the Butterfinger promotion and didn't hear back from that either. Maybe they all just bailed lol.

I did a chat with best buy and even showed them when I paid for it, and they still refused to restore my benefits for my last day. Best I could get was told to open a chat with them when I get home from work.

I had done a bunch of last minute purchases, but i still needed to do my preorders plus my 25% off, so I'm a little pissed

And there it is... got the delayed email from Best Buy. Literally second item in a row I got from them delayed. The last order I had from them was Darksiders: Genesis. Also delayed. And also my Rune Factory was just randomly cancelled not too long before as well.

Tough year for BB.
Same here. Ori delayed.

In the meantime, just got a shipping notice for Nioh 2 standard edition, but nothing for Nioh 2 Special Edition. Wonder if that will get delayed too.

I sent a customer service ticket to the Butterfinger promotion and didn't hear back from that either. Maybe they all just bailed lol.
I got a response last night but it does not explain why my image was rejected:

"Hello ***,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To qualify for this promotion, your receipt must clearly show a participating product purchase made between 12PM Eastern Time on 3/3/2020 and 11:59PM ET on 5/14/2020. All receipts that are illegible, digital, reprinted, altered in any way, showing a purchase made outside of the qualifying times/dates or have failed to meet the product purchase requirement will be rejected.

You may upload one receipt per day, between 12:00AM ET and 11:59PM ET. More information regarding receipt upload requirements may be found in the Terms and Conditions here: https://butterfingerff7r.com/en-us/Rules

Updates regarding your receipt approval status will be sent to you from [email protected]

Please note that you may resubmit a rejected receipt to be reviewed a second time; however, you MUST take a new picture of your receipt. If you upload the same image a second time it will be rejected automatically.

We greatly appreciate your participation in this promotion! Please let us know should you have any questions.

Thank you,
PrizeLogic Support"

I looked at the picture I sent them again and nothing they said applies to the picture of my receipt, so I am once again asking them what the problem is specifically with my submission. Hopefully I do not get another stock response.

GCU and the GCU expiring coupon stack, there’s plenty of posts attesting to that.
His actual problem is also something commonly posted about; which is that GCU stops working well before the end of the day on your expiration date; some people actually reported it expiring a day early for them.
Oh wow that's good to know. That's unfortunate that error occurs. He would have gotten a nice price with both codes stacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back