2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up: I got an email from Capcom saying I would be charged for RE3 CE early, on the 18th. Not as bad as SE but just incase anyone wasn't expecting to be charged for it this early.

Got Nioh 2 CE today and finally the Tifa theme lol
Nice. The theme is really cool- I love how Tifa stays in front of it and how when you go to the top end menu, it zooms out to better show the sky.

Maybe there’s a soundtrack or Steelbook or something else also?
That's a no:

Daymare-1998-Black-Edition-Only-at-GameStop.jpg

Hmm is there a separate link listing for the Doom Eternal Steelbook at Best Buy? Or do I have to order the game and then cancel if I just want the steel

hmmm I have my Persona 5 Royal CE ordered for pickup @ BB, with no way to change to shipping.

Anyone think theyll be open, or what would even happen to my order if they werent?

hmmm I have my Persona 5 Royal CE ordered for pickup @ BB, with no way to change to shipping.

Anyone think theyll be open, or what would even happen to my order if they werent?
If you never pick it up, the system will eventually cancel the order and refund your money automatically.

I pre-ordered One Hero's Justice 2 CE at Best Buy, which was supposed to arrive on the 13th of March, but wasn't able to pick it up until Monday. I know because of the Corona Virus it was unlikely I would receive my CE on time but I decided to call Best Buy just to check the status. After being on hold for 5 minutes, I finally spoke to a rep that had confirmed that my order was ready for pick up. So I got ready, took an Uber there, went to order pick up and when the rep checked for my order she could not find my item. Once AGAIN, Best Buy could not find an order I had placed months ago. The last time I ordered a CE was for Zombie Army 4 and they told me to wait 10 days after, after 10 days I went to the store but they still could not find my item until they saw it on the sales floor. When they DID find Zombie Army 4 , they had told me I was supposed to pick it up a week ago, even though they had told me otherwise -_- . Anyway, after waiting for almost half an hour, I asked to speak to a manager as I was getting tired of hearing the reps say that my CE was in store but supposedly someone may have stolen or that because it was the CE that my order was suppose to arrive on another date. The reps were saying these things as if I wasn't there and it all sounded like excuses to cover up their negligence. So  I finally got a manager who went to try looking for my item, after a while he then tells me that supposedly my order arrived on the 4th but was told from the manufacturer to send it back, he said he could try ordering it for me but there was no guarantee. I had told them that this was the second time that this has happened and that this was inconvenience for me. He then said he had another store looking for a copy and that he will try to have it transferred to his store and would sell it to me for 50% off. I had then asked if he could not have one transferred what then, he then offered me a $20 gift card. I was really annoyed by all this because this was the second time that this has happened but when I asked if for sure another store is checking, he then said he just got a text from the other store saying they found a copy and will be sending it to his store soon. The manager gave me his card, he took my info and said he would call me as soon as it arrives.

I honestly don't believe they have copy waiting to be delivered to me and all he wanted to do was get me out of the store. This is ridiculous, I like shopping at Best Buy but what is the point of pre-ordering if they can't guarantee me a copy AGAIN? Granted, in this situation I would understand if it was the Corona Virus that kept my item from being shipped but the fact that a rep CONFIRMED my order was ready for pick up is what annoys me the most. The manager didn't have to offer me either but I though the $20 GC offer was a bit insulting as this was the second time that order had gone missing in HIS store. There are worse things going on right now and not getting my hand on CE is not the worst thing in the world right now but I am just really annoyed with this terrible customer service. Has anybody had this sorta luck when pre-ordering at the Store? I also don't get any confirmations when my items arrive now, I had pre-ordered the Yakuza Collection and didn't get any notification even after going to the store.

I recall Best Buy being held in high regard around here. All these horrors stories lately seems likely to change that. Hopefully it is not a bad omen. 

I pre-ordered One Hero's Justice 2 CE at Best Buy, which was supposed to arrive on the 13th of March, but wasn't able to pick it up until Monday. I know because of the Corona Virus it was unlikely I would receive my CE on time but I decided to call Best Buy just to check the status. After being on hold for 5 minutes, I finally spoke to a rep that had confirmed that my order was ready for pick up. So I got ready, took an Uber there, went to order pick up and when the rep checked for my order she could not find my item. Once AGAIN, Best Buy could not find an order I had placed months ago. The last time I ordered a CE was for Zombie Army 4 and they told me to wait 10 days after, after 10 days I went to the store but they still could not find my item until they saw it on the sales floor. When they DID find Zombie Army 4 , they had told me I was supposed to pick it up a week ago, even though they had told me otherwise -_- . Anyway, after waiting for almost half an hour, I asked to speak to a manager as I was getting tired of hearing the reps say that my CE was in store but supposedly someone may have stolen or that because it was the CE that my order was suppose to arrive on another date. The reps were saying these things as if I wasn't there and it all sounded like excuses to cover up their negligence. So I finally got a manager who went to try looking for my item, after a while he then tells me that supposedly my order arrived on the 4th but was told from the manufacturer to send it back, he said he could try ordering it for me but there was no guarantee. I had told them that this was the second time that this has happened and that this was inconvenience for me. He then said he had another store looking for a copy and that he will try to have it transferred to his store and would sell it to me for 50% off. I had then asked if he could not have one transferred what then, he then offered me a $20 gift card. I was really annoyed by all this because this was the second time that this has happened but when I asked if for sure another store is checking, he then said he just got a text from the other store saying they found a copy and will be sending it to his store soon. The manager gave me his card, he took my info and said he would call me as soon as it arrives.

I honestly don't believe they have copy waiting to be delivered to me and all he wanted to do was get me out of the store. This is ridiculous, I like shopping at Best Buy but what is the point of pre-ordering if they can't guarantee me a copy AGAIN? Granted, in this situation I would understand if it was the Corona Virus that kept my item from being shipped but the fact that a rep CONFIRMED my order was ready for pick up is what annoys me the most. The manager didn't have to offer me either but I though the $20 GC offer was a bit insulting as this was the second time that order had gone missing in HIS store. There are worse things going on right now and not getting my hand on CE is not the worst thing in the world right now but I am just really annoyed with this terrible customer service. Has anybody had this sorta luck when pre-ordering at the Store? I also don't get any confirmations when my items arrive now, I had pre-ordered the Yakuza Collection and didn't get any notification even after going to the store.

kefka_laugh_giant.gif

I pre-ordered One Hero's Justice 2 CE at Best Buy, which was supposed to arrive on the 13th of March, but wasn't able to pick it up until Monday. I know because of the Corona Virus it was unlikely I would receive my CE on time but I decided to call Best Buy just to check the status. After being on hold for 5 minutes, I finally spoke to a rep that had confirmed that my order was ready for pick up. So I got ready, took an Uber there, went to order pick up and when the rep checked for my order she could not find my item. Once AGAIN, Best Buy could not find an order I had placed months ago. The last time I ordered a CE was for Zombie Army 4 and they told me to wait 10 days after, after 10 days I went to the store but they still could not find my item until they saw it on the sales floor. When they DID find Zombie Army 4 , they had told me I was supposed to pick it up a week ago, even though they had told me otherwise -_- . Anyway, after waiting for almost half an hour, I asked to speak to a manager as I was getting tired of hearing the reps say that my CE was in store but supposedly someone may have stolen or that because it was the CE that my order was suppose to arrive on another date. The reps were saying these things as if I wasn't there and it all sounded like excuses to cover up their negligence. So I finally got a manager who went to try looking for my item, after a while he then tells me that supposedly my order arrived on the 4th but was told from the manufacturer to send it back, he said he could try ordering it for me but there was no guarantee. I had told them that this was the second time that this has happened and that this was inconvenience for me. He then said he had another store looking for a copy and that he will try to have it transferred to his store and would sell it to me for 50% off. I had then asked if he could not have one transferred what then, he then offered me a $20 gift card. I was really annoyed by all this because this was the second time that this has happened but when I asked if for sure another store is checking, he then said he just got a text from the other store saying they found a copy and will be sending it to his store soon. The manager gave me his card, he took my info and said he would call me as soon as it arrives.

Thanks for the complete breakdown lol

Update today Prizelogic sent me my FFVII code. 

After my receipt was initially rejected I put in a request here: https://prizelogic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

After hearing nothing for five days I sent an email here: https://prizelogic.com/contact/

I also complained to Square Enix Online Store Support   in a separate inquiry about my FFVII preorder. 

As they instructed a day later, I sent an email here: https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=18731&la=1

Two days later Butterfinger sent the code. Patience is a virtue I guess. There are some stipulations but I honestly did not see any problem with my receipt so if you feel like you were rejected in error (and you do not wanna buy more awful butterfingers) just keep reaching out. 

I recall Best Buy being held in high regard around here. All these horrors stories lately seems likely to change that. Hopefully it is not a bad omen.
Bestbuy was never great for me (messed up orders, delays, cancelled CEs) but I was the outlier for a long time. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably regional - despite the GCU shenanigans on their site being widespread, a lot of people still have good experiences in-store. My orders at this point are just my GCU leftovers and the occasional exclusive steelbook.

Damn lol changed the credit card on my Doom Eternal CE at best buy and lost my gcu discount. Had to change it anyways since i had to get a new card a few months ago due to fraud charges..

SE announced that FFVIIRemake will have some kind of a shortage on physical copies come launch because of the coronavirus. Didn't specify, just that "some of you won't get your game on release day"

To early to tell.. Must have reviews in first

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I agree, and would suggest it had some things going for it:

Developer is (somewhat) acclaimed/celebrated

Last hurrah of the PS4

Sekiro/Nioh recently bringing that aesthetic back into mainstream

All footage so far seems pretty interesting

It just might be a hit.

Anyone return a steelbook to Amazon.de before?  My Ni-oh 2 SB came crushed to death on one side and wondering what cheap options there are to ship this back. Or is it better to just order a new one instead of returning for a replacement?

Anyone return a steelbook to Amazon.de before? My Ni-oh 2 SB came crushed to death on one side and wondering what cheap options there are to ship this back. Or is it better to just order a new one instead of returning for a replacement?
They'll reimburse you for shipping if they want it back. They sent me the Hobbit boxed set steelbook by slapping a shipping label directly on it. Shipping was like $40ish and they paid me back for it.

Both my Doom CE and Steelbook shipped this morning,  Sadly, I couldn't edit the address and had to contact Best Buy to do a package intercept and redirect to my home address.  Hopefully its a quick change and there won't be too much of a delay getting to me.

Both my Doom CE and Steelbook shipped this morning, Sadly, I couldn't edit the address and had to contact Best Buy to do a package intercept and redirect to my home address. Hopefully its a quick change and there won't be too much of a delay getting to me.
I thought you went fully digital?

Maybe you couldn't resist the wearable Doom Helmet? LOL

I thought you went fully digital?

Maybe you couldn't resist the wearable Doom Helmet? LOL
I had ordered it last year before my transition to digital. Because of the delay I couldn't cancel/change the order so I had to get it. I might try and flip it or I may keep it and wear the helmet when the world inevitably ends lol

They'll reimburse you for shipping if they want it back. They sent me the Hobbit boxed set steelbook by slapping a shipping label directly on it. Shipping was like $40ish and they paid me back for it.
When I was processing the return, it said they would reimburse up to 8.40 euros worth of shipping. Thought it was weird so figured I'd check with folks here on their experience.

Edit: the few results I got from google seemed to indicate they reimburse fully, but none of them were from US. The wording of it made me skeptical whether they'd reimburse the full cost of return shipping.

I’ve never heard a good thing about BB in regards to preordering CE’s or exclusive game items.

In my own experience I remember it hook a half hour for them to find the Metalpaks for Arkham Origins b/c I wouldn’t leave and then on the following Monday I get a call about how they found them & I was like yeah I’m the customer that wouldn’t leave until you found them.

Getting Best Buy CE with GCU was great. Nothing beats the 20% off discount. Most of the CE today are over priced. That 20% off really made a difference between buying a CE or not, even a regular game at release too.

When I was processing the return, it said they would reimburse up to 8.40 euros worth of shipping. Thought it was weird so figured I'd check with folks here on their experience.

Edit: the few results I got from google seemed to indicate they reimburse fully, but none of them were from US. The wording of it made me skeptical whether they'd reimburse the full cost of return shipping.
Chat with customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting Best Buy CE with GCU was great. Nothing beats the 20% off discount. Most of the CE today are over priced. That 20% off really made a difference between buying a CE or not, even a regular game at release too.
Yep, unfortunately now that it's over, I am going to have to force myself not to buy most new games on release and keep it only for the really big ones. As far as CE's go it's going to be really hard to justify buying them now since I'm used to getting them cheaper for 2 years lol so I dunno if I will continue buying those or not. I have noticed over the years that many CE's do drop a lot in price, while others don't and only go up, really depends on the game. Like I waited and grabbed Rage 2 CE for $20, and I saw that God of War CE dropped to like $30 at some point when I paid well over $100 for it, same with Soul Calibur 6. I dunno, it's gonna be rough now :)

As far as the CE's went, i used my GCU to cover TLOU 2, and Cyberpunk. It's expired now, but I have the 25% off in my back pocket for anything down the road, be it Ghost of Tsushima coming back in stock, or something not yet announced.

As far as the CE's went, i used my GCU to cover TLOU 2, and Cyberpunk. It's expired now, but I have the 25% off in my back pocket for anything down the road, be it Ghost of Tsushima coming back in stock, or something not yet announced.
I ended up reordering TLOU 2 CE using the coupon + GCU so it came to $111 shipped. I also went through and preordered any game I thought I may want through the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back