2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
FF7R 1st Class Ed shipped... 

I'm somewhat at a loss right now. This is a game that means so much to my childhood nostalgia. 

And I never finished Bloodborne (fucking Blood Starved Beast) so I really don't want to start it until I finish BB since I know if I put BB down now, I'll never beat it. Well, not like I can beat it now I guess. 

TLOU Part 2 has been delayed indefinitely.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Sounds like the game is nearly done and this is because of the virus. They said they wanted everyone to be able to play. Must be they don't want to divide the digital/physical costumers. Wonder if the PS5/XSX get delayed next.

Sounds like the game is nearly done and this is because of the virus. They said they wanted everyone to be able to play. Must be they don't want to divide the digital/physical costumers. Wonder if the PS5/XSX get delayed next.
It's the virus. They didn't want to rush an unpolished game. ND are super bad about crunch time as it is.

FF7R 1st Class Ed shipped...

I'm somewhat at a loss right now. This is a game that means so much to my childhood nostalgia.

And I never finished Bloodborne (fucking Blood Starved Beast) so I really don't want to start it until I finish BB since I know if I put BB down now, I'll never beat it. Well, not like I can beat it now I guess.
yeah, I'm being nostalgia sucker for this too.

I put down bloodborne around 2 years ago for a similar reason. Pretty sure I handled blood starved beast okay. Got stuck on the boss that you fight on the rooftop of the hidden/optional area. Never went back to it. Regret letting it sit for this long i guess, but at this point I would probably just start over.

If you’re having trouble with BB just grind like hell. The forest area was a good early place.

I could never figure out why I loved dark souls 3 but just could not get the rhythm of BB. I even like nioh and surge 1/2. I’ve yet to play sekiro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My RE3 CE arrived... was hoping it would be the same size as RE2 CE but it's not. Bah..

It's the virus. They didn't want to rush an unpolished game. ND are super bad about crunch time as it is.
Part of me is happy this happened but I'm sure most people are furious... one less thing to do while being locked in bc of the virus. And it's prob safe to assume Ghost of Tsushima is prob delayed.

If you’re having trouble with BB just grind like hell. The forest area was a good early place.
Forest area? I think I know what you're talking about but not sure... I also hate going back to areas because those hunters show up (melee one is fine but the one with the gun is fucking brutal). I might just try to grind some but I'm still not even at the half-way point of the game so not sure it's worth picking back up.

not sure if everyone has seen - but 

Naughty Dog has delayed Last of Us 2 indefinitely due to coronavirus.

theres no new release date for it yet.

:cry:

edit: ah posted above.

I could never figure out why I loved dark souls 3 but just could not get the rhythm of BB. I even like nioh and surge 1/2. I’ve yet to play sekiro.

BB is more fast paced than DS. You need to use your gun to stagger, which leads to grapple attack, and be more aggressive with attacks since you can gain back some life after getting hit. I would say Sekiro is more like BB than DS in pace though.

I feel kind of dumb for not realizing the EU Xenoblade had a vinyl lol I kind of wish I pre-ordered the JP version now. I know vinyls are cool and all but I don't see that surviving international shipping. 

Can't decide if I should pre-order this too just in case I'm unable to get the EU version.
If your not sure, the answer is always yes. You can cancel later and they don’t charge until they ship. Just set a reminder

My RE3 CE arrived... was hoping it would be the same size as RE2 CE but it's not. Bah..

Part of me is happy this happened but I'm sure most people are furious... one less thing to do while being locked in bc of the virus. And it's prob safe to assume Ghost of Tsushima is prob delayed.

Forest area? I think I know what you're talking about but not sure... I also hate going back to areas because those hunters show up (melee one is fine but the one with the gun is fucking brutal). I might just try to grind some but I'm still not even at the half-way point of the game so not sure it's worth picking back up.
Probably safe to assume the PS5 and the next Xbox as well.

Oh really? Awesome, thanks- I thought they were random.
There are a couple types of “invaders”: ones that are built into the game and spawn at specific points; and ones from other people playing online. The built-in ones only appear once. The online ones can be turned off by playing offline

Probably safe to assume the PS5 and the next Xbox as well.
I think work from home impacts the consoles a lot less and they are still on track for release. Many planned launch titles may not make it though. At least with xbox everything is backwards compatible, so it can still be enjoyed on release.

I think work from home impacts the consoles a lot less and they are still on track for release. Many planned launch titles may not make it though. At least with xbox everything is backwards compatible, so it can still be enjoyed on release.
It still have to be manufactured which require a workforce for many different components. An outbreak at any one of those companies can throw a curve to the logistic of everything.

So annoyed I got my RE3 standard + free steelbook from Best Buy today and of course the steebook has a good dent on the front and the top front is creased.  I'd submit for return but it looks like the only option is a refund but it's $0 so obviously don't want to do that lol.  This is the 2nd one in a row I got from them banged up.  Last one was I bought the Fallout 76 steelbook only for $8 and it arrived with scratched paint all over the front and greasy fingerprints on it but I didn't have time to take it back in time so I just trashed it.  This will be the last time I order a game + steelbook for delivery from them after my preorders that have my GCU discount still on them are done.  

Yes. Just start at first bonfire and go all the way through, rinse repeat. The pimp cane / chain is prolly best weapon to do this. It’s pretty mindless and you git good doing it.

Level asap and get your attack up so you can two hit most mobs.

If you’re not to that point yet just pick a heavily infested area and repeatedly kill mobs.

Don't get the broken token insert , just get a foam one for like 50 bucks cheaper.
Oh I know, I could make my own but I've never purchased a BT before and since it's part of the campaign for at least a modest discount -- I'm splurging. They even announced a cross-over with Return to Dark Tower this morning which is my other hotly anticipated game that I've backed all-in. I don't mind dropping the cash on these since I know I'll get hours of entertainment out of them vs the paltry offerings that VG CE's provide for the same cost at times.

That said I'm still trying to get through all the content from Zombicide Black Plague and now they're releasing free campaigns weekly I think making it a worse backlog than my gaming collection lol. On the plus side, having to be at home has helped me catch up on painting minis. . .

Have you guys received preorder DLCs from Square Enix yet? I got email with shipping info but no mentioning of the DLCs

Have you guys received preorder DLCs from Square Enix yet? I got email with shipping info but no mentioning of the DLCs

You won't get the dlc codes until official release date April 10th

In my experience SE doesn’t email the DLCs. You need to go to their store and go to the order history and click on a button in your order to reveal it. They did that with Dragon Quest and another game I ordered from them recently.

I had no issue with the RE3 CE at my local gamestop. They took my gift card over the phone for the remaining balance ($15) and passed it through the door.  Art book is nice and big but half of it is for the MP mode.  Soundtrack is digital and the statue is nice.   The BB steelbook is nice too.

Not much to look forward to here for a while now. 

In my experience SE doesn’t email the DLCs. You need to go to their store and go to the order history and click on a button in your order to reveal it. They did that with Dragon Quest and another game I ordered from them recently.
Yes this is true, and I heard SE will not load the DLC to the site until April 10th, regardless when they shipped out your game.

My RE3 CEs are limbo, since I pre ordered in store (CA) and just put the $50 down. GS emailed me saying they can send me a egift card and I can just order RE3 online, however CE is sold out. I think I'mma just cancel it completely after see Jill face on the statue. 

My FF7 Deluxe from amazon has 4/14 delivery date for me :(.  

My RE3 CEs are limbo, since I pre ordered in store (CA) and just put the $50 down. GS emailed me saying they can send me a egift card and I can just order RE3 online, however CE is sold out. I think I'mma just cancel it completely after see Jill face on the statue.

My FF7 Deluxe from amazon has 4/14 delivery date for me :(.
I took the gift card option but still haven’t received it yet. Did you go that route? If so how long did it take to receive it.

Just ordered the Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Works Set tonight at Gamestop ($79), so it's still available there. Unfortunately, I'll have to hunt for a Steelbook on eBay.

FFVII Remake First Class Edition unboxing.

https://youtu.be/p8RLqEria_o

Btw looks like this thing actually sold out again. Heck even Deluxe Edition is sold out everywhere. Guess people are panick buying that essential video game during the Coronavirus Pandemic.

FFVII Remake First Class Edition unboxing.

https://youtu.be/p8RLqEria_o

Btw looks like this thing actually sold out again. Heck even Deluxe Edition is sold out everywhere. Guess people are panick buying that essential video game during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
I've never been a huge from of Play Arts figures- felt they were too expensive and even this, was way too much but I only bought it because I'm a fan of the game. But I gotta say, that bike actually looks pretty solid and I wasn't expecting it to be articulate and so detailed but the figure, I don't really like... they just look off.

With Last of Us II delayed and Ghost of Tsushima likely delayed, FFVIIR is prob gonna be the game of the summer for PS4 owners.

I think it's the Bike thats exclusive to the First Class Edition. The Cloud figure can be purchased separately by anyone.

I think it's the Bike thats exclusive to the First Class Edition. The Cloud figure can be purchased separately by anyone.
I don't even think the bike is exclusive either. I think the exclusive part is that you get the bike and Cloud together in one package.

I thought both were exclusive to the 1st class edition but now I'm not sure.. I looked it up, and it seems like the figure/bike were previously released years back. 

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Play_Arts_Action_Figures

And got updated for the Remake. And I do see the figure being sold separately but don't see the bike separate in teh store. 

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Hardy-Daytona

Honestly though, I'm not sure what's what with all the merchandise SE releases. 

From the Square Enix store product page:

"This limited-quantity, large-format action figure set is the only way you can get both Cloud and the Hardy-Daytona together."

Pretty sure they are planning to release the bike separately at some point.

I thought both were exclusive to the 1st class edition but now I'm not sure.. I looked it up, and it seems like the figure/bike were previously released years back.
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Play_Arts_Action_Figures

And got updated for the Remake. And I do see the figure being sold separately but don't see the bike separate in teh store.
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Hardy-Daytona

Honestly though, I'm not sure what's what with all the merchandise SE releases.
The Hardy Daytona showed in your link is the original Play Arts line that came out a long time ago, not the newer Play Arts Kai line. The original were much smaller and not as detailed. They were much cheaper msrp too

From the Square Enix store product page:

"This limited-quantity, large-format action figure set is the only way you can get both Cloud and the Hardy-Daytona together."

Pretty sure they are planning to release the bike separately at some point.
I think SE actually meant this is the only way you can get Hardy Daytona. I collect Play Arts Kai and they never announced the Hardy Daytona to be sold separately or even have any preorders available anywhere else. The Cloud has been for sale for awhile now. Also SE did end up making the Noctis exclusive weapon exclusive and never released it again elsewhere. Come to think of it, I don't recall SE ever selling the vehicle separate for Play Arts Kai. The Advent Children Fenrir bike also came with Advent Children Cloud figure. The Odin came with both the Horse and Odin etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back