2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the Deluxe Editions sold out? I ordered one from Amazon just to get the theme, and it hasn't even shipped yet and I already got the theme, and was going to cancel. If not, I will slang it to someone who needs one.
I haven't gotten a theme and my copy is now showing a delivery date of April 17th. And I ordered early August... it was supposed to be here on the 10th, then got pushed back to the 14-16th, and now says 17-20th.

Gamestop does not have any customer service. Their phone lines have ridiculously long hold times. Their email will rarely if ever respond to you or marked your issue as resolved without ever having contacted you. An email I sent in to their CS in Nov was followed up on a weeks ago asking me how I enjoyed the email CS experience, I replied that they never helped with my issue and of course, nothing since then. The one time I got hold of a rep after 74 minutes or something, they said they created a replacement order for me but I never received anything after 5 months. Going into the store will only result in them telling you to call their CS line.

You're better off cancelling the preorder so that you don't get charged for something that'll likely be sent to the wrong address. Or you could wait it out and just pay for a the UPS premium service (assuming it'll ship via UPS due to it being a large item) to see if they forward to your new addy. But UPS' logistics are awful with this kind of stuff. I paid for UPS premium for a period when I needed my packages held for a few days and they held all of them. When I went to the pick up location, they couldn't find them and ultimately found out the packages were returned to sender after 2 days (said they hold them for a week).
Jeez thanks vinnie. I guess I’ll try calling,

Jeez thanks vinnie. I guess I’ll try calling,
LOL Sorry man, I didn't meant to blow up. But I've had way too many problems with them over the last few months.

If it helps: from the numerous times I've called, I've found that Sunday AM seems to be the best time, usually takes around 30-35 minutes. They outsource their CS BTW so even when you call them just when they open, your call is just forwarded to a CS center that's already behind on other stores.

Ordered mine last week and it’s arriving next week Thursday. Just saw it restock today and it showed free 2 day shipping, arrives 4/12 tf?

My deluxe is still unshipped as well.  Kinda annoying to see it get slowlisted "because we can" and then have them promise faster shipping for new orders.

I did however get both preorder dlc codes last night at exactly 12:00am pst.

Mine still hasn't shipped either. Pretty annoying, especially considering I've ordered other things from them lately that came in typical time. Feels like they are purposely sitting on them.

Got my FF7 Deluxe from BB. Came in a bubble mailer, but the box was in excellent condition. The artbook inside was a bit worse for wear on the corners though, so I guess that's a factory issue =/

What the fuck, do you guys have Prime or something? I still haven't received a shipping notice or the DLC...
Got my dlc codes 2 days ago and it shipped yesterday so I should have it today.

But yeah I have prime. Prime shipping aside I love it for the included movies and TV shows I can stream on my firestick. Jesus I watch so many 70s and 80s movies on there. Plus all the other shit you get with prime, only a fool wouldn't have it.

Got my copy of FF7R from BB and it was it a box so it was well protected. Can’t wait to play a remake of one of my favorite games of all time.

I got my codes but won’t have the game until Tuesday. Through Amazon, have prime. Ordered when it was first available and I live like an hour from a distribution center. I’ll keep playing red dead on pc until then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still preparing for shipment lmao. On the upside atleast all this downtime has forced me to be productive, finally assembled most of an Arcade1Up I've been sitting on for ages

Still nothing. I doubt it's due to my location, I live near 2 huge Amazon warehouses (and they're building a third, possibly a forth), and they have tons of Amazon delivery vans out every day... I think Amazon is shuffling my shipments around to minimize their delivery person's commute- some of my later shipments for cleaning supplies moved up and my FF7R moved back. So I'll get a copy in the same box as 2x 32oz bottles of bleach cleaner and oyster crackers. 

I was just going to say fuck it and buy a regular copy but EVERYBODY is sold out. 

Still nothing. I doubt it's due to my location, I live near 2 huge Amazon warehouses (and they're building a third, possibly a forth), and they have tons of Amazon delivery vans out every day... I think Amazon is shuffling my shipments around to minimize their delivery person's commute- some of my later shipments for cleaning supplies moved up and my FF7R moved back. So I'll get a copy in the same box as 2x 32oz bottles of bleach cleaner and oyster crackers.

I was just going to say fuck it and buy a regular copy but EVERYBODY is sold out.
FF7 and Bleach have a commonality: they both have giant swords.

Does anyone with the First Class Edition know if the Cloud figure is the version 1 or version 2?

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/605352/final-fantasy-vii-remake-play-arts-kai-cloud-strife-ver-2-action-figure

The version 2 has the updated face sculpt. 

These official polygon figures also look pretty cool. I am going to try and pick these up if I can find cheaper:

962c4f5e53b9f8078a7b1204051d7a0d_KR_350.jpg

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/605031/final-fantasy-vii-polygon-figure-display-blind-box-of-8-figurine

Does anyone with the First Class Edition know if the Cloud figure is the version 1 or version 2?

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/605352/final-fantasy-vii-remake-play-arts-kai-cloud-strife-ver-2-action-figure

These official polygon figures also look pretty cool. I am going to try and pick these up if I can find cheaper:

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/605031/final-fantasy-vii-polygon-figure-display-blind-box-of-8-figurine
I was gonna order them until I saw apparently it’s a blind box? What in the hell is that? Just make a set with one of each and sell it, it’s just a wormy way to get people to buy more than one.

Its version 1 unfortunately. Version 2 hasn't really been released yet.

I was gonna order them until I saw apparently it’s a blind box? What in the hell is that? Just make a set with one of each and sell it, it’s just a wormy way to get people to buy more than one.
I heard that if you buy it as a set you will at least get all 7 different figures, but the 8th figure could be a duplicate or the rare chase figure. I don't know how true this is, but worst case we can setup a thread in the trading figure to swap out duplicates with other members.

Will get I'm sorry I'm weak
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I guarantee you, GUARANTEE YOU, the figures are not evenly distributed and the Sephiroth ones are rare. Because they’ll know everyone will buy one for sephiroth, not get him, and then OCD buyers will order more to try and get him.

They pulled this same crap with the Dissidia steelbooks. The Sephiroth ones were much less frequent than the others.

Not playing their BS games, they can release a full set or don’t bother screwing your own fans.

I heard that if you buy it as a set you will at least get all 7 different figures, but the 8th figure could be a duplicate or the rare chase figure. I don't know how true this is, but worst case we can setup a thread in the trading figure to swap out duplicates with other members.
I’ll stand corrected if I’m wrong, but unless they just poorly word it on the site it says each purchase gets one figure from the set. I don’t see why they’d give you 8 figures in every box with most being a random duplicate, that wouldn’t make any sense. I think each contains one of the 7 major characters or the Chaser figure, being 1 of 8. But who knows, could be wrong I guess.

So I think you’re paying $64.99 for one figure.

Actually I take that back, maybe you’re right. It mentions buying the set, so who knows. Confusing lol.

Imagine getting four Reno figures, yuck. But I am willing to get it and report what I do get. Just trying to find an import shop that is better than the Square Enix Store.

Imagine getting four Reno figures, yuck. But I am willing to get it and report what I do get. Just trying to find an import shop that is better than the Square Enix Store.
I'd for sure buy it if I could at least guarantee the full set but this is just strait up bullshit on SE's part, making it a blind box. Additionally, they're offering a SE store exclusive FF7R litho if you purchase select merchandise... and most of the select merch isn't even FF7R related from what I can tell, outside of the cheap fodder (rings, chains, prints, etc.).

Can anyone think of any other logical reason to do a blind box with those figures other than wanting people to OCD buy more than one order? Just doesn't make sense to me otherwise(not that it's excusable).

Especially when all 8 in a pack are random. If they sold them as individual blind boxes, I'd understand, but selling it in a way where a customer could pay for a full price set and get multiple duplicates is very shady business practicing.

It was a Japanese lottery prize where you will buy a ticket and get a chance to redeem it for FFVII merchandise. I am not for the blind box either.

Still nothing. I doubt it's due to my location, I live near 2 huge Amazon warehouses (and they're building a third, possibly a forth), and they have tons of Amazon delivery vans out every day... I think Amazon is shuffling my shipments around to minimize their delivery person's commute- some of my later shipments for cleaning supplies moved up and my FF7R moved back. So I'll get a copy in the same box as 2x 32oz bottles of bleach cleaner and oyster crackers.

I just think Amazon is shuffling names in a hat. Friend and I ordered same day June 28th and mine shipped his didn't when we live two miles apart.

Mine shifted back from Preparing to Ship to not yet shipped. I swear if this thing doesn't ship by Monday I'm cancelling my order, keeping this DLC and grabbing a $50 copy at Walmart.

Mine shifted back from Preparing to Ship to not yet shipped. I swear if this thing doesn't ship by Monday I'm cancelling my order, keeping this DLC and grabbing a $50 copy at Walmart.
WM is doing in store only and a lot of stores are already sold out. The first two stores I tried both canceled my order. And the third one I tried was pretty far away and in a less than safe area.

I received ffvii deluxe from amazon today, a day earlier than what they were saying. Went from Tuesday to tomorrow then delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that Amazon is still going to send the preorder DLC to people who preordered. Concerning that some folks already got it (even though their game hasn’t shipped) while others didn’t.

That's how it usually works if you buy a case. I have the set with Terra and it was like that. All the Sailor Moon ones the missus bought over the years were like that.

Figures... Those idiots at Amazon dropped the game off in the ground in front of my house in a bubble mailer. It sat out for a while because they didn't bother to knock or ring just, drop and run and send an email notification. The bubble mailer was soaking wet and had a hole in it, so naturally, it's water damaged. I'm waiting on thier chat trying to get an exchange instead of a straight return, so I don't lose my sale price. Sigh...

I hope that Amazon is still going to send the preorder DLC to people who preordered. Concerning that some folks already got it (even though their game hasn’t shipped) while others didn’t.
I wish they would ship my copy so I could email them asking for my code. But at this point, I'm guessing they're sold out and just pushing it off in hopes that someone returns their copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back