2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit I was irked to find out this isn't really FF7, which was what the public was led to believe. This should have been titled FF7 part 1, or something of a different name. This is not a remake, just a portion of a game.

I had the same stance when Assassin's Creed Odyssey came out. I'm a long time mega fan of the series, spent thousands in merch, art, clothing, collectibles. Then AC: Odyssey came out and it was a bastardization of the series. I refuse to acknowledge it as an AC canon game, as you play as a mercenary, literally not even an assassin. Is it a fun game? It should be, I played 30 hours and quit. Yet is it a real AC game? Not even close.

I disgres... is this current FF7 a good 'real' game? It could be. Just don't call it what it isn't, a remake of the original game.
Just because its in different parts doesn't mean this isn't a remake because it definitely is and the "part 1" is almost as long as the original FF7. Also by that logic you could also say Resident Evil 2 wasn't a remake either as its more or less a different game. I think you might be getting remakes mixed up with remasters as remakes are supposed to be a little different to improve or to modernize existing games which this clearly does.

Just because its in different parts doesn't mean this isn't a remake because it definitely is and the "part 1" is almost as long as the original FF7. Also by that logic you could also say Resident Evil 2 wasn't a remake either as its more or less a different game. I think you might be getting remakes mixed up with remasters as remakes are supposed to be a little different to improve or to modernize existing games which this clearly does.

I do see your point. I was hyped for this games for years, and when learning last year it was just a chapter was a big let down for me. It’s a bit disingenuous to title it “FF7 remake” when in fact it’s just a portion of the original, albeit expanded within that portion. Just not a fan of calling something that it truly isn’t.

As I said previously, I am excited to play it at some point. I played the game during my childhood, read the guide front to back several times. Great memories looking back, so much that when I had a chance a preordered the deluxe edition a year ago. Ultimately I’m just waiting for proper patches/updates to fixed some of the issues I’ve read about. Plus I just finished FFXV at 95 hours last week, and don’t want to deep dive into another RPG. Considering Star Wars: Fallen Order next.

I do see your point. I was hyped for this games for years, and when learning last year it was just a chapter was a big let down for me. It’s a bit disingenuous to title it “FF7 remake” when in fact it’s just a portion of the original, albeit expanded within that portion. Just not a fan of calling something that it truly isn’t.

As I said previously, I am excited to play it at some point. I played the game during my childhood, read the guide front to back several times. Great memories looking back, so much that when I had a chance a preordered the deluxe edition a year ago. Ultimately I’m just waiting for proper patches/updates to fixed some of the issues I’ve read about. Plus I just finished FFXV at 95 hours last week, and don’t want to deep dive into another RPG. Considering Star Wars: Fallen Order next.
Lol if you're willing to put in 95 hours into FF XV then you'll probably enjoy FF VII remake whenever you get to it. It's better than XV in every way imo.

Lol if you're willing to put in 95 hours into FF XV then you'll probably enjoy FF VII remake whenever you get to it. It's better than XV in every way imo.
I don’t doubt that at all! I thoroughly enjoyed the story though there was a lot of filler. At times I appreciate a game like that... we all love a good grind right? Now that I’m in post game, I’m a bit burned out and forcing myself to finish the last bit of content for the platinum. Still have all of the DLC though I may put that off for another year...

I don’t doubt that at all! I thoroughly enjoyed the story though there was a lot of filler. At times I appreciate a game like that... we all love a good grind right? Now that I’m in post game, I’m a bit burned out and forcing myself to finish the last bit of content for the platinum. Still have all of the DLC though I may put that off for another year...
If you need more encouragement for whenever you play FF7 Remake:

image0.png

I'm personally not bothered by the textures at all.

FFXV had so many good things going for it but also, so many bad things... but I think SE prob learned a lot from that game and I can see those improvements applied to FF7R. So if they had to fuck up one game, I'm glad it was XV and not 7R.

If you need more encouragement for whenever you play FF7 Remake:

I'm personally not bothered by the textures at all.
I think the graphical issues are being overblown. Yes they're noticeable but it's usually during less important aspects of the game... when you're wandering around, you'll notice them sure.

Thank you! I can now cancel my GS pre-order.

Though I don't know if I should be giving Amazon any business seeing as how they STILL haven't shipped my FF7R Deluxe...

Ah they have had posted on their main page for a while now there will be delays as they prioritize items people need for the virus situation like food and medicines. They also are taking social distancing and sanitizing measures which will slow things more. Considering most of the world is in lockdown I'd say Amazon can be forgiven for not getting your video game to you very quickly.

Delayed Items
You'll Receive Your Item(s) Soon
•    If the delay(s) are OK, we'll make sure you receive your item(s) as soon as possible
•    If you paid with a credit card, your funds have been pre-authorized, but you won't be charged until your order is fulfilled
•    As soon as your order ships, we'll send a separate e-mail with tracking details
•    We will keep your order open and continue to work on getting your item(s) to you until Wednesday, April 22, 2020. If your item(s) are still not available by this date, we'll cancel the item(s) and notify you via email.
The new official release date is, Sept 17, 2020

I'm sure best buy will fix this.

Delayed Items
• If the delay(s) are OK, we'll make sure you receive your item(s) as soon as possible
• If you paid with a credit card, your funds have been pre-authorized, but you won't be charged until your order is fulfilled
• As soon as your order ships, we'll send a separate e-mail with tracking details
• We will keep your order open and continue to work on getting your item(s) to you until Wednesday, April 22, 2020. If your item(s) are still not available by this date, we'll cancel the item(s) and notify you via email.

Sometimes Best Buy fixes this (like with Last of Us 2 CE recently), sometimes they don't (recent Story of Seasons CE comes to mind). It does seem that they tend to fix it for the bigger titles so there's a good chance they do correct the release date and don't cancel on people.

Nope. It's still 2 years away and practically guaranteed to get a "mainstream" release in stores by then.
I backed it on KS and noticed that date too which is honest but super conservative and it's got 1 million in funding. It looks great but also looks like a game that will hit the typical 3-6 month sales cycle when it gets released at Best Buy.

Delayed Items
• If the delay(s) are OK, we'll make sure you receive your item(s) as soon as possible
• If you paid with a credit card, your funds have been pre-authorized, but you won't be charged until your order is fulfilled
• As soon as your order ships, we'll send a separate e-mail with tracking details
• We will keep your order open and continue to work on getting your item(s) to you until Wednesday, April 22, 2020. If your item(s) are still not available by this date, we'll cancel the item(s) and notify you via email.

It shows the bonus steelbook is to be released on 9-17. I hope they fix that soon. I didn't preorder say one with a giftcard so it would get cancelled.

Is anyone here ordering the Limited Run Games version of Sea of Stars on kickstarter?
I'm honestly tired of KS for games that look really pretty and end up being trash. There's been a few good ones but a lot of mediocre or bad ones. Plus, there's no way this is coming out in 2 years... seems like the KS games have a minimum of 3 years or some reason or another. On the other hand, these guys already released a game and it was solid so, I'm kind of tempted.

Anyone get an email about cyberpunk from bestbuy? It said there is a delay and if they cant ship by april 22 it will be cancelled.
I didn't get any such email. Wasn't the game already officially delayed until Sept already...? That makes no sense...

I didn't get any such email. Wasn't the game already officially delayed until Sept already...? That makes no sense...
Sometimes they don't get all the dates fixed in the system when stuff gets delayed and then emails go out automatically when no stock shows up.

Nothing from Best Buy is solid at this point. They’ll be lucky to exist in 2-3 months.

Nothing from Best Buy is solid at this point. They’ll be lucky to exist in 2-3 months.
On the plus side, they don't charge until the item is about to ship. So you're really not out anything except rewards points and gift cards.

I'd hesitate to do preorders for companies that do charge the full amount upfront though.

Anyone get an email about cyberpunk from bestbuy? It said there is a delay and if they cant ship by april 22 it will be cancelled.
I did. I received a few emails about my pre orders from them.

Ghosts of Tsushima and Cyber punk. Both said there is a delay and they may be canceled. Ominous imho.

I did. I received a few emails about my pre orders from them.

Ghosts of Tsushima and Cyber punk. Both said there is a delay and they may be canceled. Ominous imho.
Just received:

Thank you for your recent purchase of the Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition PlayStation 4. We noticed that the last email we sent to you regarding this order was sent in error. Please note that your product will be available September 17, 2020. This is the date that Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition PlayStation 4 is available to all customers. We'll send a separate email with further instructions when your item ships.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you as a Best Buy customer.

Sincerely,

Your Best Buy Customer Care Team

For anyone that pre-orderd FF7R at Amazon, did anyone NOT get the Sephiroth theme code? If not, were you guys able to contact help and get one? I got my Deluxe Edition today but no email and when I reached out to Amazon, they told me there's no bonus theme. 

For anyone that pre-orderd FF7R at Amazon, did anyone NOT get the Sephiroth theme code? If not, were you guys able to contact help and get one? I got my Deluxe Edition today but no email and when I reached out to Amazon, they told me there's no bonus theme.
I know your asking for anyone who did NOT but I just want to assure you that their was indeed a code and I received the emails (separate email for each code)(sephiroth dynamic theme and chocobo chick materia) Every preorder from any retailer got you the materia whereas the theme was exclusive pre order bonus from amazon. Does your order show a purchase date prior to release date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they told you there is no bonus theme, they’re most likely looking at the page as it is now. You need to tell them it was a preorder promotion and that it was taken off the page after the game’s release. I contacted Amazon today via chat about the theme or the Chocobo Chick DLC. They bounced me around until I reached someone who told me they were going to contact the Marketing and Promotions theme. A few hours later, I got an email from them with the codes. Good luck!

So does MS expect that to sell at $500 5 months before Series X releases when all the other XB1X systems are $300 or less?
Yeah. I'd really like one of these but wtf...

How you gonna spend $400-500 on this when the new console comes out for $500 a couple months later.

Yeah. I'd really like one of these but wtf...

How you gonna spend $400-500 on this when the new console comes out for $500 a couple months later.
Same here. I’m expecting it to hang around and get heavily discounted. Microsoft has been abnormally pro consumer on a lot of things lately though so maybe they won’t ask previous msrp of $500. Wishful thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have no need for another 1X especially with the X1X coming so soon, but I can't lie, it's cool, and if the prices hit low enough I might still get one.

Anyway I preorder the Xenoblade CE from Amazon.  Hope I actually play it this time, wish I sold my Wii version when it was still worth something.

Did the No Straight Roads CE (PS4) go up anywhere besides Best Buy?  I slept on it for a few hours and it sold out there (at least for now).

If they told you there is no bonus theme, they’re most likely looking at the page as it is now. You need to tell them it was a preorder promotion and that it was taken off the page after the game’s release. I contacted Amazon today via chat about the theme or the Chocobo Chick DLC. They bounced me around until I reached someone who told me they were going to contact the Marketing and Promotions theme. A few hours later, I got an email from them with the codes. Good luck!
I contacted them lastnight, explained it's been a week since release and haven't received the DLC promo code. Same deal, they would put me in touch with the Marketing and Promotions team, and it would take 48 hours, but I had a code from them after about two hours.

Now that we have the first part of FFVII Remake out, do you think future parts will feature a figure for different characters for the CE? I can't imagine them doing 6 separate Cloud figures.

Now that we have the first part of FFVII Remake out, do you think future parts will feature a figure for different characters for the CE? I can't imagine them doing 6 separate Cloud figures.
Probably, but right now we're not even sure whst future installments will be like.

It's not just limited to Cloud.
If Square is sticking to the trilogy idea (Reminder that the first game is a "standalone" game so most likely no save/item transfers) which will be interesting considering how it's up in the air right now then I could see them not just having Cloud as the CE figure.

Picture this..and you KNOW something like this will happen:

Part 2: 3 different CEs - one with a Tifa figure, one with an Aerith figure, one with both.

Part 3: Sephiroth Figure.

Probably, but right now we're not even sure whst future installments will be like.
I can't see there being any other vehicles but I wonder if they do something like a character + summon (Tifa + Ifrit or Aerith + Shiva) or multiple main characters.

So other parts will be a separate physical release? Thought they’d be digital dlc
I can't see it being DLC. They took the first 6 hrs of the game and turned it into a 30-35 hr game (I'm on track to hit way more). Prob more profitable and easier to just make separate games. And you know, the original game was about 40 hrs, if they take 6 hr cuts of the original and make them into stand alone games- you'll have roughly 7 parts to this remake.

I can't see there being any other vehicles but I wonder if they do something like a character + summon (Tifa + Ifrit or Aerith + Shiva) or multiple main characters.

I can't see it being DLC. They took the first 6 hrs of the game and turned it into a 30-35 hr game (I'm on track to hit way more). Prob more profitable and easier to just make separate games. And you know, the original game was about 40 hrs, if they take 6 hr cuts of the original and make them into stand alone games- you'll have roughly 7 parts to this remake.
After all the separate episodes, SE will then make an ultimate CE with all 7 games and a life-size replica of Cloud's sword. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back