2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I'm pretty late to the "Change my UK Xeno address" party (I flew to close to the sun Saturday night...needed a 12 hour nap to recover) so I'm currently trying it out on UK to no luck. I'm just gonna keep trying it out every 30-60 minutes and see what happens.

And just to get clarification, people are just trying to change their address until it sticks right? Currently trying and this is the screen I get.

CAG.png
people are trying to change the address if they already have an order set to ship to a forwarder like I was able to do during a short window when it came back in stock but others have also just been able to order it with their USA address right at checkout when its in stock

does anyone know the answer to this. if i buy a UK or JP version of the game and play it on my NA Switch, this will play in English. But what happens if there is DLC i want to buy? Can i buy from NA eshop or do i have to buy from overseas eshop?
I cant speak on eshop DLC but I have been able to use dlc codes that have come packaged in EU editions on the NA eshop. I guess Ill find out if I buy the pokemon DLC since I grabbed EU combo pack for the steelbook before it got announced at target

people are trying to change the address if they already have an order set to ship to a forwarder like I was able to do during a short window when it came back in stock but others have also just been able to order it with their USA address right at checkout when its in stock
Lol just as you responded I got through and currently sitting at the "Select new shipping option" screen with 3 new prices for shipping. Only problem is when I do select one it refreshes the page and says,

"

We're sorry. An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Please try again in a few minutes.

So yeah it IS working, just need to keep plugging away until it sticks.

UPDATE: It kicked me back out of the screen and is now doing the whole "no ship to the US" thing again. Just gonna keep trying I guess. If I can save $30 on not using a forwarder dammit Im gonna try.

Lol just as you responded I got through and currently sitting at the "Select new shipping option" screen with 3 new prices for shipping. Only problem is when I do select one it refreshes the page and says,

"

We're sorry. An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Please try again in a few minutes.

So yeah it IS working, just need to keep plugging away until it sticks.

UPDATE: It kicked me back out of the screen and is now doing the whole "no ship to the US" thing again. Just gonna keep trying I guess. If I can save $30 on not using a forwarder dammit Im gonna try.
keep trying! not only will you not have to pay a forwarder but the VAT will drop so after shipping it will still be regular price roughly

Anyone else got an email from Amazon es regarding Xenoblade stating they can't get product from supplier, thus its being cancelled? Good thing I have Amazon UK ordered as well.

I noticed it at the time I got my cancellation email, as I went and checked my orders on the website. Just before my reply here. Seems to be gone now.

Are you asking about Xenoblade specifically? Pretty sure the UK version is in english since thats their main language also. I also don't think Xenoblade DE will have any dlcs since its the definitive edition lol. Otherwise I think you have to match the dlc region with the region of the cartridge.
oh im saying in general. if i buy a japanese game like lets say Smash Bros, can i buy DLC from the NA eshop for it?

oh im saying in general. if i buy a japanese game like lets say Smash Bros, can i buy DLC from the NA eshop for it?
Nintendo's website says no, the DLC and game have to be from the same region.

You can change the region of the eShop, but before you do, you have to use up your entire balance. Sounds like a lot of work...

probably good it got cancelled; giving them CE money for a shit port is insane
What makes you say it's a shit port? Most of the video comparisons I've seen make it look like a pretty good upgrade... outside of the generic anime character makeover all the characters got.

Nintendo's website says no, the DLC and game have to be from the same region.

You can change the region of the eShop, but before you do, you have to use up your entire balance. Sounds like a lot of work...

What makes you say it's a shit port? Most of the video comparisons I've seen make it look like a pretty good upgrade... outside of the generic anime character makeover all the characters got.
Horrible resolution docked and undocked; looking to be a rushed cash grab again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/gq9ii8/xenoblade_chronicles_de_dynamic_resolution/

I don't play my Switch for top tier graphics.  Keep the jrpgs and good games comin'!  I really like what Nintendo has been doing this generation, and all of their efforts that were previously handheld-only are now playable on the big screen. 

Horrible resolution docked and undocked; looking to be a rushed cash grab again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/gq9ii8/xenoblade_chronicles_de_dynamic_resolution/
I don't really have an issue with that, pretty standard for NS games. I mean, the original game ran at 480p, this version has improved textures (and possibly higher poly count?) so the resolution doesn't bother me. I just hope it can hold a steady 30 fps... the original held a steady 30 fps I think but pretty sure XC2 had a lot of slowdown issues.

The acceptance of mediocrity x.x because it's nintendo; i'll still get it, but it's ridiculous that it's 2020 and devs dont strive for improving quality.  $60 is ridiculous

How is it not improved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c29yzUlWEEc

It's not just a simple upscale. It's obviously reworked.

The acceptance of mediocrity x.x because it's nintendo; i'll still get it, but it's ridiculous that it's 2020 and devs dont strive for improving quality. $60 is ridiculous
I think it's even more ridiculous how some are scrambling on here to spend up to $120(!!!) for a port with a vinyl and art book. Now that's insane. I've recently started getting into collecting and collecting CE's, but only when they're clearanced. Spending $120 on one game, especially a port, is absurd.

How is it not improved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c29yzUlWEEc

It's not just a simple upscale. It's obviously reworked.
Don't get me wrong, it is improved, but hitting under 720p in this day and age is sad; anyone saying otherwise is stunted by their love for a developer/publisher that refuses to get with the times.

because it's nintendo; i'll still get it
I'll get it because it's a really good game that I'd like to revisit on handheld. Thankfully I skipped the 3ds release.

Presently having trouble deciding between a $50 SE or the $89 US Works edition. I know it's a frustratingly inferior CE. I just couldn't pull the trigger on $117 (uk store) out of my bank account when I have us amz credit to burn.

Don't get me wrong, it is improved, but hitting under 720p in this day and age is sad; anyone saying otherwise is stunted by their love for a developer/publisher that refuses to get with the times.
The acceptance of mediocrity x.x because it's nintendo; i'll still get it, but it's ridiculous that it's 2020 and devs dont strive for improving quality. $60 is ridiculous
I mean, while I get it, you're being way too harsh here. Let's say it's $40 for a remaster, like it typically is. Then add $5-10 surcharge for being on an expensive cart. Then add $15-20 for epilogue DLC. That... ends up being $60+.

And I get most multiplatforms on other systems, sure. Even simple stuff like Children of Morta and Enter the Gungeon run much better on PS4. But there's not really a choice here, is there?

FWIW, I didn't play it on the Wii (didn't like how it looked, or how it ran), and didn't play it on the 3DS (similar reasons). But this one at least looks playable, and looks much better.

*Flashback to The Last Story's single-digit frame rates*

LOLOL yep ok.

It's not a hardware limitation, it's a bad engine the developers refuse to move away from.
The Nintendo Switch hardware does play a role in what you can achieve. If hardware doesn't play a role then why does the PS4 version of the Witcher runs at 1080p but the Switch does not, even though they are using the same game engine? Did the developers just got lazy for the Switch port too?

Nintendo hardware always runs behind everything else in power compared to the generation its released against. Developers will never get it to run as optimal as on other systems with ocassional exceptions.

The bigger question for FissFiss is, why does it bother you so much that other people enjoy having a Xenoblade Chronicles Remake or wanting the CE for it, they're not spending your money to get it.

*Flashback to The Last Story's single-digit frame rates*
Oh man, I remember that game... that and Pandora's Tower. Xenoblade got a lot of love but those other two games were solid. I remember trying to get Last Story to run on Dolphin for the visual upgrade. Though it ran worse, it was nice have the sharp visuals.

Oh man, I remember that game... that and Pandora's Tower. Xenoblade got a lot of love but those other two games were solid. I remember trying to get Last Story to run on Dolphin for the visual upgrade. Though it ran worse, it was nice have the sharp visuals.
It's the reason I hacked my Wii. My launch Wii's disc drive combined to make it run at like 8 fps on some fights. Ripping it to USB and running it off that got me to double digit frame rates at least.

Man the last story was an awesome game, Pandora’s tower too! Although Xenoblade topped it for me, it’s personally one of my favorite JRPGs of all time

Man what a pain in the ass it is to get this. I received the email saying my xenoblade was canceled from amazon.es, and now they put more up for order? Hilarious, and I can't even get it to go through. Click buy now and nothing goes in the cart, and now it's unavailable again. What is it with these companies. Nintendo is the worst offender here in always shafting the NA market. How hard is it to just offer the same damn editions worldwide. It's plain stupid and I'm just going to call it a loss on this.

Man what a pain in the ass it is to get this. I received the email saying my xenoblade was canceled from amazon.es, and now they put more up for order? Hilarious, and I can't even get it to go through. Click buy now and nothing goes in the cart, and now it's unavailable again. What is it with these companies. Nintendo is the worst offender here in always shafting the NA market. How hard is it to just offer the same damn editions worldwide. It's plain stupid and I'm just going to call it a loss on this.
Set up text alerts for NowInStock.com, the only way you'll have a chance outside of living at your computer and hitting F5 all day. Make sure you check NIS' carrier restrictions, some carries like mine (T-mo) blocked them as they saw their text messages or spam or something. But there is a workout for that on their website.

I was finally able to change it to my address, but I had to use Amazon Global Priority.
Hm... I wonder if you could just go back and change the shipping speed now that your address is set.

EDIT* just noticed that they have a keyring/poster bundle with the standard game. Wish they'd just give you those items with the CE...

Hm... I wonder if you could just go back and change the shipping speed now that your address is set.

EDIT* just noticed that they have a keyring/poster bundle with the standard game. Wish they'd just give you those items with the CE...
Honestly after all this, if it gets here in the amount of time it says it will, I'm fine leaving it.

I was finally able to change it to my address, but I had to use Amazon Global Priority.
Luckily (and finally) same. Don't need the speed, but probably still less than a forward service and I'd rather get it direct anyway, so it's not too big of an issue for me.

I've tried to change it a few times and just get errors. Maybe it will work if it's in stock, but considering how often I missed it by <30 minutes, I'm not going to go crazy. I'll post here if it works though.

I've tried to change it a few times and just get errors. Maybe it will work if it's in stock, but considering how often I missed it by <30 minutes, I'm not going to go crazy. I'll post here if it works though.
That's not what I was talking about, I was saying he/she already changed the address to their US address but had to settle for more expensive shipping. But since the shipping address is correct, could they now reduce it to a slower ship speed.

And you can only change the shipping address to a US address when they have it in stock and are shipping it to the US. There's only a set number they can ship to the US so as orders are canceled or they get more updated stock numbers, I believe they can allocate more to us shipping addresses... it has something to do with VAT from what I understand.

That's not what I was talking about, I was saying he/she already changed the address to their US address but had to settle for more expensive shipping. But since the shipping address is correct, could they now reduce it to a slower ship speed.

And you can only change the shipping address to a US address when they have it in stock and are shipping it to the US. There's only a set number they can ship to the US so as orders are canceled or they get more updated stock numbers, I believe they can allocate more to us shipping addresses... it has something to do with VAT from what I understand.
Please re-read what I said to ShadowAssassin, I was able to change to my address, but also got stuck w/ priority and hope to be able to change it and was referring to the difficulty in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back