2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it! I kept telling myself since I just bought the GOW5 LE X1X console a few months ago, I wouldn't buy this one. But reading this thread and looking at that console and controller, it won me over especially at $299. It will probably stay sealed for the next few years as I am using the GOW5 one. Just another system to add to my sealed/new console collection.

Damn it! I kept telling myself since I just bought the GOW5 LE X1X console a few months ago, I wouldn't buy this one. But reading this thread and looking at that console and controller, it won me over especially at $299. It will probably stay sealed for the next few years as I am using the GOW5 one. Just another system to add to my sealed/new console collection.
You can probably still get close to $300 for the used Gear X1X

Hmmmm how do we feel about these?

I do want one but $50 seems pretty pricey for something with 4 games.
Honestly seems like a horrible gimmick... $50 for a system that looks WAY too small to be held/play comfortably. I think it would have been cooler if they released a standard size handheld that could effectively work like a classic game gear/iOS or Android game system.

You can probably still get close to $300 for the used Gear X1X
True, but I do like that one too. If money was an issue, I wouldn't have bought the Cyberpunk one in the first place. I wanted to tell myself I shouldn't spend more money now. But the excitement got the better part of me. lol

Hmmmm how do we feel about these?

I do want one but $50 seems pretty pricey for something with 4 games.
50 bucks for 4 old games that have been released on a bunch of Sega collections and on a 1x1 screen? Ugh. This is more or less just for hardcore Sega fans that collect everything Sega. I wouldn't pay 10 bucks for it myself.

50 bucks for 4 old games that have been released on a bunch of Sega collections and on a 1x1 screen? Ugh. This is more or less just for hardcore Sega fans that collect everything Sega. I wouldn't pay 10 bucks for it myself.
Yeah, even I am not buying it and I'm a game whore. Unless they go down to $20, I can do without it.

I was in the same exact situation. The way I ended up looking at it is I’ve spent $200+ on many collectors editions and these contents are far better lol

Cyberpunk LE console is sold out at both Amazon and Target.  Which means its currently sold out at every major retailer now. 

Frankly I'm amazed at how widely available it was this entire morning.  Stinks for anyone who didn't check their sites during the previous 12 hours though. 

Cyberpunk LE console is sold out at both Amazon and Target. Which means its currently sold out at every major retailer now.

Frankly I'm amazed at how widely available it was this entire morning. Stinks for anyone who didn't check their sites during the previous 12 hours though.
Well it helps that retailers basically put it up overnight and did not announce it beforehand. It also wasn't put up right after it was announced and many had kinda forgotten about it. You literally had to be online following these sites overnight or this morning just to know it was put up for preorder

$300 for the most powerful console (until the end of the year), a 4k BD player, a LE controller, the game, and it's DLC...  is a great fucking deal.

I had no intentions of buying this until I saw the deal on IGN.

Well it helps that retailers basically put it up overnight and did not announce it beforehand. It also wasn't put up right after it was announced and many had kinda forgotten about it. You literally had to be online following these sites overnight or this morning just to know it was put up for preorder
Which is a good thing. It kept all the professional sellers and their bots at bay while most people who were paying attention to their fan forums were able to score one. It was handled ideally. Anyone who has been following gaming sites and saw the teaser video or the 11min in-depth dive on the making of the console knew that it had to be put up for pre-order very soon.

They did a good job of getting this one into the hands of the collectors.

Which is a good thing. It kept all the professional sellers and their bots at bay while most people who were paying attention to their fan forums were able to score one. It was handled ideally. Anyone who has been following gaming sites and saw the teaser video or the 11min in-depth dive on the making of the console knew that it had to be put up for pre-order very soon.

Yea this was like the opposite of the Sony Playstation 500 million LE console, they announced the exact time it was gonna go up at all retailers and gave the resellers a chance to set up all the bots ahead of time.I only was able to get one cause Gamestop sold theirs bundled with other stuff. Everywhere else sold out almost instantly. And there's actually 5000 more (50k total produced) of those than this Xbox One console

I still can't get over the fact that they launched it at $299, and on multiple sites, when this was easily looking like it was going to have a $399 price tag and they could have sold them all for that much. 

At the very least, it's a modern Xbox and a 4K UHD blu-ray player.  We're also in pandemic, stay-at-home times where all of the major retailers can't keep any consoles in stock; they could have gouged us for $450+ if they wanted. 

Yeah once I saw $300 I completely changed my view on this thing.  Bought mine mainly for the controller and game.  

The design just isn't for me.  There's just too much gaudy yellow for it to look respectable next to my Million Pro.  I might change my mind when I have it in person.  If not I will just sell the unit alone.

There are a gajillion on ebay already

There are a gajillion on ebay already
There's currently 76 Cyberpunk Xbox One X consoles listed, which isn't that many, compared to the PS4 500 million LE, I remembered there being 800+ listed on Ebay immediately after everything sold out.

$300 for the most powerful console (until the end of the year), a 4k BD player, a LE controller, the game, and it's DLC... is a great fucking deal.

I had no intentions of buying this until I saw the deal on IGN.
Well really being the most powerful hasn't done anything for it's sales as it's still killed by the PS4 because at the end of the day a console is only as good as it's games and it's exclusive library is terrible. Few good exclusives it has are mostly in pc as well which can be even more powerful. Every PlayStation has trounced every Xbox because they have the games. Well except PS3 to start with it because it's cost was too high but mid gen it overtook the 360.

And technically it plays 4k discs but it's also the worst 4k player on the market according to pretty much every credible tech site that deals with home theater. Plus playing movies on it uses 4x as much electric as a standalone player and puts wear and tear on the system since it's constantly accessing the disc.

My Xbox one s is the last Xbox I'll buy. Everytime I own one it's my least played system and spends it's last 2 or 3 just sitting there collecting dust and then put in the store room meanwhile my PC and PlayStation get most of the attention since they have the best exclusives and Nintendo is for the occasional game.

Well really being the most powerful hasn't done anything for it's sales as it's still killed by the PS4 because at the end of the day a console is only as good as it's games and it's exclusive library is terrible. Few good exclusives it has are mostly in pc as well which can be even more powerful. Every PlayStation has trounced every Xbox because they have the games. Well except PS3 to start with it because it's cost was too high but mid gen it overtook the 360.

And technically it plays 4k discs but it's also the worst 4k player on the market according to pretty much every credible tech site that deals with home theater. Plus playing movies on it uses 4x as much electric as a standalone player and puts wear and tear on the system since it's constantly accessing the disc.

My Xbox one s is the last Xbox I'll buy. Everytime I own one it's my least played system and spends it's last 2 or 3 just sitting there collecting dust and then put in the store room meanwhile my PC and PlayStation get most of the attention since they have the best exclusives and Nintendo is for the occasional game.
Ya don't be "that guy". It's an amazing console, the Cyberbunk LE is amazing, clearly better than any other LE PS4 released especially at this price point & value factor.

Don't try to rain on this parade. You're literally not going to convince one person thrilled to land one of these to be disappointed about their purchase.

Holy crap that’s wild I was just thinking the other day I was hoping there’d be a Kingdoms of Amalur remaster. Not sure if it’s been announced for a while, today is the first I’ve heard of it.

Kinda of an older CE, but I finally got my hands on Jurassic Park The Game Deluxe Edition.  It was a PC only run and I was poorer and had left PC gaming when it came out.  It's one of the more pricier games when it comes to filling out my re-acquisition of Jurassic Park games I had owned/rented/missed out on.

Ya don't be "that guy". It's an amazing console, the Cyberbunk LE is amazing, clearly better than any other LE PS4 released especially at this price point & value factor.

Don't try to rain on this parade. You're literally not going to convince one person thrilled to land one of these to be disappointed about their purchase.
Lol, I never asked for his advice anyway, I know what I was getting myself into since, you know... I already own an X1X, along with a decent gaming PC, PS4 Pro, Switch, and damn near every single console before it.

Unreal, my Target order shipped for the Cyberpunk console.   Cards are getting charged and they're shipping out already.

EDIT: hoooooo boy, I just realized that the digital copy of this game should have Xbox Play Anywhere included.  I was planning on buying a Windows version of the game to play on PC.  But this console should have that covered too with the digital version of Cyberpunk that's included.

EDIT 2: apparently I'm wrong about the digital version of Cyberpunk being 'Play Anywhere'.  The BB listing is ambiguous and is likely just advertising for the console itself.  The game should still have 'Smart Delivery' (will give the best XSX version) but Play Anywhere is unknown, and unlikely, because it's typically only first party games. 

More updates to follow. 

My UK Xeno CE arrived... and they shipped it in a box but it's like... not really a box. I mean, it's the shape of a box, it folds like a box, but it's made with a material that's like- why even bother to be a box? You know? 

Time to complain to Amazon UK I guess. 

My UK Xeno CE arrived... and they shipped it in a box but it's like... not really a box. I mean, it's the shape of a box, it folds like a box, but it's made with a material that's like- why even bother to be a box? You know?

Time to complain to Amazon UK I guess.
Did you receive a tracking number?

Holy crap that’s wild I was just thinking the other day I was hoping there’d be a Kingdoms of Amalur remaster. Not sure if it’s been announced for a while, today is the first I’ve heard of it.
So somebody in the Giant Bomb Facebook group was complaining they wouldn't buy it b/c of Curt Schilling, but to my recollection THQ Nordic owns the IP fully now, correct? Schilling and Rhode Island are no longer a factor?

So somebody in the Giant Bomb Facebook group was complaining they wouldn't buy it b/c of Curt Schilling, but to my recollection THQ Nordic owns the IP fully now, correct? Schilling and Rhode Island are no longer a factor?
I think so otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell it, I think Schilling's company went bankrupt.

Yeah, UPS- and in case I wasn't clear, the item arrived, but in terrible shape because Amazon UK used some joke of a box.
Was it one of those folding “burrito” boxes?

Thats what mine came in and mine wasn’t in good shape either. Amazon UK sucks. Several items I’ve ordered from there, the boxes are actually partially opened, not because someone tampered with it, but because the boxes are so low quality, as is the cardboard itself that it just can’t stay in tact and even the tape and stuff they use to seal it seems a lot flimsier.

If I have a choice I’m not ordering from them anymore. They did the same with Astral Chain, it came in one of those awful burrito boxes.

I’ve only used UK and DE though. In my experience DE uses better quality boxes and packaging. I’m curious as to what their Italy and Spain branches use and if anyone here can compare their experiences, because for importing CEs, UK is definitely gonna be last on my list from now on, too many games from them arrived damaged and with boxes that look like they got run over by a tank.

Thats what mine came in and mine wasn’t in good shape either. Amazon UK sucks. Several items I’ve ordered from there, the boxes are actually partially opened, not because someone tampered with it, but because the boxes are so low quality, as is the cardboard itself that it just can’t stay in tact and even the tape and stuff they use to seal it seems a lot flimsier.

If I have a choice I’m not ordering from them anymore. They did the same with Astral Chain, it came in one of those awful burrito boxes.

I’ve only used UK and DE though. In my experience DE uses better quality boxes and packaging. I’m curious as to what their Italy and Spain branches use and if anyone here can compare their experiences, because for importing CEs, UK is definitely gonna be last on my list from now on, too many games from them arrived damaged and with boxes that look like they got run over by a tank.
Amazon Spain uses the same box. That's how my astral chain arrived.

Surprisingly no, not a burrito box- that's how I usually get my stuff from Amazon in Europe but this one came in an actual box. But the material used to make said box seems worse than the burrito cardboard though.

Surprisingly no, not a burrito box- that's how I usually get my stuff from Amazon in Europe but this one came in an actual box. But the material used to make said box seems worse than the burrito cardboard though.
What about GAME? Do they ship their stuff in better quality boxes?

I'm thinking ordering from them via forwarding service may be the way to go from now on, if so. It's not worth having to go through returns to another damn country, that's more of a hassle, I'd rather just spend the extra cash to forward my stuff from a better retailer.

What about GAME? Do they ship their stuff in better quality boxes?

I'm thinking ordering from them via forwarding service may be the way to go from now on, if so. It's not worth having to go through returns to another damn country, that's more of a hassle, I'd rather just spend the extra cash to forward my stuff from a better retailer.
I got a copy from GAME and a copy from Amazon UK. The copy from GAME was packed better and arrived in better condition, no creases or dents. My Amazon UK copy wasn’t packed as well, but only had a crease in the front. IMO based on the condition of these two, it’s not worth the extra money to use a forwarding service.

Is there a list somewhere of what video game publishers block non-Pro sellers on Amazon from selling there? NewEgg has the Death Stranding CE on EBay for $90 shipped so I got that and was looking to sell my Deluxe copy I bought preowned from GS with no codes and Amazon blocks the selling option. Went and checked God of War Stone Mason and same thing.

And technically it plays 4k discs but it's also the worst 4k player on the market according to pretty much every credible tech site that deals with home theater.
Receipts? I remember the Xbox One S/X being one of the best 4k players for the price range when it came out on the market.

Receipts? I remember the Xbox One S/X being one of the best 4k players for the price range when it came out on the market.
For some reason it doesn’t play 4K discs in Dolby Vision. Does streaming in Dolby Vision but not physical movies. Lazy on Microsoft’s part, I just don’t think they ever coded it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back