2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
What I don't understand is Bungie breaks from Activision, but then they're still doing the "full expansion" once every year thing anyways. Plus expansion pass. It ALL feels like carved content too; carrot on the stick and save some for later. Last year I transferred my save over to PC and then never started up again. They wanted me to buy all the previous DLC a second time and I said nope. Frankly, they need to get their shit together. I want to play it again but I'm not going to buy Shadowkeep or whatever in addition whatever new hot mess they are selling in the fall. Their cross-save is bullshit because your DLC purchases don't transfer over.

Sorry but not all of us are going to buy your game all over again every single year for $100-120. You lost your credibility when some people bought Destiny 2 for $60 on PC but then you started giving the base game away for free. Not my fault you guys devalue your own IP. L2P. I can just start playing everything a year later for $20; everyone I know has quit the game by now anyways.

They make things up as they go along and paywall everything new once you finally buy into that year's $60 version yet again. It's a constant reshuffling of disguised paid content and I finally lost patience. They can't even get their Eververse shit straight.

People don't appreciate being fooled, or baited and switched.
  • Name one game that lets you play their expansions on ALL platforms for the cost of the purchase of that expansion on ONE platform. While to think Bungie should give away their yearly expansions for free is laughable (Stadia and "Battle.net to Steam" transfer notwithstanding), they do allow you to access the Season Pass content for each season on any linked platform with a single Season Pass purchase.
  • Paying full price for a game on day one and then being surprised that the game is cheaper in the future (and maybe even free) and then being pissed off about that cheaper price is just ridiculous.
  • Your opinions on their monetization are indeed 9 months (or more) old. Starting with this season they are making changes to Eververse now and more in the future.
  • Also, what is disguised paid content? This "Bungie Defender" is confused by this.

Got an email from Amazon UK that my Xenoblade CE order was canceled for some reason.
This is really rough. If it's any minor consolation the NA Works Set is in stock for now and I have been fairly impressed with the one I purchased.

• Name one game that lets you play their expansions on ALL platforms for the cost of the purchase of that expansion on ONE platform.
I played a lot of D1 and D2 (yr1) but dropped it cold once they introduced the season pass in addition to the paid expansions. As much as hearing D1 content coming back makes me want to play the RoI raid again (and on pc), I still am just incompatible with that kind of dlc model. Multiplatform doesn't matter as there's no reason for me to play D2 anywhere but pc.

The positive side is that I've been able to dispatch massive chunks of my unplayed collection since then.. so in a way, thanks activision?

No, just dispatch and delays.

Yes, probably should have mentioned that lol (edited now). I had a pending charge when I was told it was being dispatched, but that's as far as it got
Hmmm my charge actually went past pending, its been an official charge on my card since Saturday

I played a lot of D1 and D2 (yr1) but dropped it cold once they introduced the season pass in addition to the paid expansions. As much as hearing D1 content coming back makes me want to play the RoI raid again (and on pc), I still am just incompatible with that kind of dlc model. Multiplatform doesn't matter as there's no reason for me to play D2 anywhere but pc.

The positive side is that I've been able to dispatch massive chunks of my unplayed collection since then.. so in a way, thanks activision?
I am VERY curious to see how they implement D1 content into the game. While this last season was mostly lackluster I am excited for the future.

Did you all see this? 
D2-Stranger-Statue-01.jpg

So I was supposed to get my Ys Celceta from Best Buy today. I was tracking the live map delivery, and the item was said to be on my street when the UPS guy was out there. He dropped off something got something else I ordered from Best Buy today, but not Ys. According to the tracking they were on the same truck. I told the delivery guy to check the truck for it, he ended up just driving away.

Anyone ever have something like that before and did it usually just come the next day? I'm not sure if he couldn't find it on the truck and it got lost or if he just blew me off. It was scanned the same times as my other item and followed the same tracking path, I just got one but not the other.

So I was supposed to get my Ys Celceta from Best Buy today. I was tracking the live map delivery, and the item was said to be on my street when the UPS guy was out there. He dropped off something got something else I ordered from Best Buy today, but not Ys. According to the tracking they were on the same truck. I told the delivery guy to check the truck for it, he ended up just driving away.

Anyone ever have something like that before and did it usually just come the next day? I'm not sure if he couldn't find it on the truck and it got lost or if he just blew me off. It was scanned the same times as my other item and followed the same tracking path, I just got one but not the other.
I've had this happen a lot and most of the time it gets delivered next day. Once though for 5 days straight it was out for delivery each day but never got delivered. Ended up calling UPS when it wasn't delivered on the 5th day and they reached out to the driver, it ended up being delivered an hour or so after my call....ended up the package was small and the guy said it was forgotten each day.

A few days ago, I received an email from Best buy that my TLOU2 collector edition got delayed. I pre-ordered it last September. Does anyone else experience the same issue?

A few days ago, I received an email from Best buy that my TLOU2 collector edition got delayed. I pre-ordered it last September. Does anyone else experience the same issue?
Yes, it's an automated message since ND/Sony delayed the release. You're fine, they sent emails afterwards stating to disregard.

I actually am experiencing this with an order for Sakura Wars. It was out for delivery back at the end of May, but never got delivered with my other packages. Since then it's just been "in transit" with no updates and I have no clue what to do from here that would actually make matter.

I actually am experiencing this with an order for Sakura Wars. It was out for delivery back at the end of May, but never got delivered with my other packages. Since then it's just been "in transit" with no updates and I have no clue what to do from here that would actually make matter.
I'd call and see if they can find it. If not, request a replacement from the retailer you ordered it from or a refund.

This is really rough. If it's any minor consolation the NA Works Set is in stock for now and I have been fairly impressed with the one I purchased.
Thanks! I actually got it already just in case something like this happened :/ The Japan CE is still up, so just deciding if I should get that or just forget about it.

Hmmm my charge actually went past pending, its been an official charge on my card since Saturday
That's good, hopefully that means you're already past the point where you have to worry =)

Mine was cancelled. No one is safe, even if you got an email saying yours was fine.
Damm that sucks. Mine said it would be cancelled on the 5th if it didn't ship but then I got the email saying it was fixed and now it just says delayed without a date it will be cancelled by. Same thing happened with cyberpunk. Luckily neither of mine have been cancelled but I know a lot of people did still have theirs cancelled.

Odd... I think we all received that delayed email. But I don't think anyone has had it actually canceled. It shows up as being canceled if you log into your BestBuy account order status too?
yeah it does, I've seen other people getting theirs cancelled too a lot of people are pissed

The TLoU 2 LE Pro bundle was up for about 8 seconds on BB, but I was too slow. Same with earlier direct from Sony.

A huge bummer to hear people are getting their Ellie edition/CE's cancelled at BB, I ordered mine no later than like 5 minutes after they put them up (thanks Wario64 on twitter)  so I'm really hoping mine gets spared. 

My Ellie Edition from BB is still good but has no date. Only said shipping delayed.

Glad to see this is still coming out. Seems like we haven't heard much about it.

Is it a straight remake of the original (complete with cliffhanger ending)? Or are they adding an epilogue? Would love to actually get a complete story
We'll see the first trailer later today: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/xiii-remake-launches-november-10

A new trailer for XIII will debut during the IGN Summer of Gaming 2020 live stream later today, which begins at 11:30 a.m. PT / 2:30 p.m. ET.

Got my Cyberpunk One X all setup yesterday afternoon.  Spent the entire day cleaning out my entertainment center, untangling wires and working on some wire management, and dusting everything.  My glutes are sore today!  Anyhoo it's up and running and I downloaded and played Phantasy Star Online 2 last night.  The character creator on it is bonkers! I queued up some more new gamepass games like Untitled Goose Game, Outer Wilds, and Nier goty.  I'm pretty excited.   :D/

Put the OG XB1 bundle up on Craigslist.  I hope these things are as in-demand as people say they are, and that the retailers demonstrate. 

Got my Cyberpunk One X all setup yesterday afternoon. Spent the entire day cleaning out my entertainment center, untangling wires and working on some wire management, and dusting everything. My glutes are sore today! Anyhoo it's up and running and I downloaded and played Phantasy Star Online 2 last night. The character creator on it is bonkers! I queued up some more new gamepass games like Untitled Goose Game, Outer Wilds, and Nier goty. I'm pretty excited. :D/

Put the OG XB1 bundle up on Craigslist. I hope these things are as in-demand as people say they are, and that the retailers demonstrate.
i want one but i have the xbox one s and rarely play it. its in excellent condition and with box.

My first order from Teepublic just came in too.  We'll have to wait and see how they look after two washes first.  Teepublic is that custom art T-shirt printing shop that CAG is always advertising on the front page feed.  I put in an order for 7 shirts (bulk is better, because you have to pay for shipping) on May 14 and they were delivered on June 11 so it takes about one month.  It's a great deal when you can order them during one of their frequent sales for only $13/shirt.  I'm very pleased with the results. (this seemed like the most appropriate and applicable place to make this post).

Teepublbic-may-14th-order-june-11.jpg

Those shirts are great! I love the FF, persona and cat ones.

I looked through the site very little once, and didn't find any that cool.

Ellie Edition popped up on Best Buy just now.  I wasn't gonna, but had 10% for my birthday month and decided to jump on it.  I have a CE in store at gamestop and one online since covid popped up.  Guess those will be cancelled/returned.

My first order from Teepublic just came in too. We'll have to wait and see how they look after two washes first. Teepublic is that custom art T-shirt printing shop that CAG is always advertising on the front page feed. I put in an order for 7 shirts (bulk is better, because you have to pay for shipping) on May 14 and they were delivered on June 11 so it takes about one month. It's a great deal when you can order them during one of their frequent sales for only $13/shirt. I'm very pleased with the results. (this seemed like the most appropriate and applicable place to make this post).
I'm curious to see how they last, so please let us know. I like that Mr Sparkle shirt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back