2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Last of Us 2 got a 10/10 from IGN. No surprise on that really.

I’m hyped for this week. Problem is I haven’t received a game on time from Best Buy for a Friday release in a longggg time; they are always late and because they mostly ship ups, I don’t get it until the following Monday.

So looks like I’ll have to buy this digital as well to actually play it on release.

Last of Us 2 got a 10/10 from IGN. No surprise on that really.

I’m hyped for this week. Problem is I haven’t received a game on time from Best Buy for a Friday release in a longggg time; they are always late and because they mostly ship ups, I don’t get it until the following Monday.

So looks like I’ll have to buy this digital as well to actually play it on release.
Metacritic is at 96 currently.

Metacritic is at 96 currently.
The reviews are so... odd. A large number of high scores and a handful of good, but the non-numbered scores seem split between good/bad.

I'm exited but also not sure I want to play the game, not just due to the current circumstances but also because it sounds like an it'll drain you mentally more than the original.

EDIT* I just got a "verify your info" email from BBY on the Last of Us Part II Collectors Edition and the PS4... but did not get the same email on the Ellie Edition. Now I'm worried.

EDIT* I just got a "verify your info" email from BBY on the Last of Us Part II Collectors Edition and the PS4... but did not get the same email on the Ellie Edition. Now I'm worried.
Same for me except I only got an email to verify the special edition. My Ellie order still shows "Get it by Fri, June 19" so I'm not going to panic yet.

Same for me except I only got an email to verify the special edition. My Ellie order still shows "Get it by Fri, June 19" so I'm not going to panic yet.
Crap my ellie edition still shows delayed with no date, but not canceled either. However there was one instance in the past with an amiibo order where it showed delayed forever online, still showing that today, but I got the shipment on release day. This was like 2 years ago.

Destiny 2 Beyond Light:  The Stranger Edition is now up for grabs at game.co.uk:

:ps4:  https://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-2-beyond-light-the-stranger-edition-game-exclusive-2763176
:xb1:  https://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-2-beyond-light-the-stranger-edition-game-exclusive-2763214
:pc:  https://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-2-beyond-light-the-stranger-edition-game-exclusive-2763215

It basically just comes with the Destiny 2 Beyond LIght Deluxe Edition and the statue.  Since this is a digital code available from a European website, will it work on US accounts?

FYI - If you intend to buy more than one copy of the Deluxe Edition of the game, just know that the extra season passes are redundant and you only need to buy them once and they work for any platform.

The reviews are so... odd. A large number of high scores and a handful of good, but the non-numbered scores seem split between good/bad.

I'm exited but also not sure I want to play the game, not just due to the current circumstances but also because it sounds like an it'll drain you mentally more than the original.

I should be more of a CAGer and wait for BF deals on AAA games and this will be one for all those reasons I wait on this one. I really enjoyed the first one but I'm getting tired of viciously murdering tons of people regardless of whether that's woven into the game's message.

Curiously, non numbered reviews heavily lean in this area almost as if being non-numbered let the site off the hook for putting a decent score on a huge AAA game.

Can't blame the game for "staying on brand" but a story about endless failure instead of redemption isn't my cup of tea these days.

This will likely be removed since the last time I leaked something (still in progress Walmart BF Ad 2019), it was removed but either way.

Was on Target.com looking for more PS5 information. Came across this listing. Take a screenshot immediately. I was looking to see if I can add to cart but refreshed the page and got an item not found page instead. The price is likely a placeholder since no price has been announced though. As I said before with the Walmart ad leak, this doesn't really mean anything. The console was already announced, the price likely is a placeholder and there really isn't much to see until official information is out.

BCdFscp.png

I know it’s a price holder - but would Sony dare release the PS5 at 699.99?

I feel like history has proved consoles do extremely poorly when released at those price points.

This will likely be removed since the last time I leaked something (still in progress Walmart BF Ad 2019), it was removed but either way.

Was on Target.com looking for more PS5 information. Came across this listing. Take a screenshot immediately. I was looking to see if I can add to cart but refreshed the page and got an item not found page instead. The price is likely a placeholder since no price has been announced though. As I said before with the Walmart ad leak, this doesn't really mean anything. The console was already announced, the price likely is a placeholder and there really isn't much to see until official information is out.

BCdFscp.png
That price would mean what $499 for the disc version? Also the 2tb is weird when Sony said they are the same and just one has no disc drive. They said in the deep dive that the drive was 825gb or something didn't they?

Destiny 2 Beyond Light: The Stranger Edition is now up for grabs at game.co.uk:
:ps4: https://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-2-beyond-light-the-stranger-edition-game-exclusive-2763176 :xb1: https://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-2-beyond-light-the-stranger-edition-game-exclusive-2763214 :pc: https://www.game.co.uk/en/destiny-2-beyond-light-the-stranger-edition-game-exclusive-2763215

It basically just comes with the Destiny 2 Beyond LIght Deluxe Edition and the statue. Since this is a digital code available from a European website, will it work on US accounts?

FYI - If you intend to buy more than one copy of the Deluxe Edition of the game, just know that the extra season passes are redundant and you only need to buy them once and they work for any platform.
I must have missed the cross platform upgrade info? I thought console upgrade (PS4 to PS5 and Xbo to XBsX) was a given, but didn’t hear about cross platform. That’s awesome.

I've thought about this long and hard over the last year.   What do you call the opposite of an "arms race"?  Sony and Microsoft are both doing that;  playing a game of chicken, waiting to see who will flinch first.   They are slow playing their pricing plan.  But a 1TB NVMe SSD is $100 and a 5700 XT gpu equivalent runs ~$400.  A repeat of the "Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars" fiasco from the PS3 launch seems incredibly unlikely.  I have a really hard time envisioning either of these disc systems selling for anything more or less than $499.99.

I believe that Sony is going to make Xbox go first and announce an msrp of $499 so that they can nnounce their disc-based system for $449.   That, or else those will be the prices of the digital-only systems because the ones with UHD drives are going to have to cost at least $100 more. 

The main point is that the whole reason the digital systems exist is for Sony and MS to tout their entry level pricing.  Cutting out a UHD drive is going to save them what, maybe $40-60 per system total, and it's going to allow them to hit their target pricing in advertisements.

It's going to be: "Playstation 5: starting at $399/$449" (digital) and likely 50 bucks cheaper than what MS is offering. 

There is no conceivable way that these machines are going to retail for $499 (digital) and $599 (UHD disc) respectively.  It has been proven time and time again that pricing matters the most with consumer perception; more than the best quality graphics matter.  Just look at Nintendo's strategy.  And I think that Sony made a concession with their graphics in order to hit their targeted price point.  Also "expandable solid state drive storage space available and sold separately".  They're not giving enough storage space.  Xbox is again going to pay the price for having this massive "12 teraflops" graphical compute.  Unless they are simply lying, with the inflated AMD calculation formula. 

For comparision's sake, an RTX 2080 Super provides raytracing capabilities, they start at $699,  and provide 11.1 tflops of graphical compute.  So you do the math comparison. 

These companies are offering the moon and one way or another they are going to under-deliver, or else take a massive hit on pricing.   hint: they aren't going to lose 100s of dollars per machine. 

They are promising upwards of $900-1000 in hardware components.  Around October we are going to start finding out where they were lying to us and exaggerating.  The math simply doesn't add up.  Even the most conservative, bare bones estimate puts the price of components at about $700 and that's considering they get specially made, cutdown parts and good wholesale bulk pricing. 

• $100 processor (the 6C/12T Ryzen 3600 still retails for $160 at the most favorably priced outlets and this one is 8C/16T).
  • $400 graphics  (an AMD 5700 XT successor, but cut-down)
  • $100 SSD  (faster than ANY 1 TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe that retails for $129 and below, with 3500 gb/s read and 3000 write)
  • $100 UHD disc drive + plastic and steel materials, and packaging. 
This doesn't even account for the cost of RAM, the power supply, or any cheap cooling.

It's just a matter of time when we find out where they've been lying, and when do they try to sneak it in.  It's that or else we're getting $699 msrp consoles, and that ain't happening. 

One thing to keep in mind is the Sony won’t have to share profits with retail with the Digital Edition, so they could sell it at an even bigger loss knowing that they’ll get a higher margin on the software. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was around $400.

I still want to know more about backwards compatibility, especially since I have so many physical PS4 games. If the PS5 will read those discs, I’m definitely paying the premium for the disc drive.

All fair thoughts above.  I just don't think we can really draw = signs from the consumer prices we see to the kind of contractual purchasing power Sony would have in sourcing its hardware. 

One thing to keep in mind is the Sony won’t have to share profits with retail with the Digital Edition, so they could sell it at an even bigger loss knowing that they’ll get a higher margin on the software. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was around $400.
That's what I'm thinking. $399 digital and $499 UHD disc systems for Playstation makes the most sense.

But these companies are also both determined to not lose to the other on the pricing front.

All fair thoughts above. I just don't think we can really draw = signs from the consumer prices we see to the kind of contractual purchasing power Sony would have in sourcing its hardware.
The point is that they are 100% losing money on what they've promised. It's going to turn out to be a shit processor that runs at low clockspeeds, and bullshit inflated graphical estimations. Over-promise, and Under-deliver™

People simply aren't getting better than RTX 2080 Supers inside their Series X's. That ain't happening. Even the RTX 3070 (coming Sept.) is scheduled to be around ~$500 and outperform that. The RTX 3000s are guaranteed to outperform consoles bc Nvidia and AMD have to position themselves that way. It's also why they're rushing to market by September.

That's what I'm thinking. $399 digital and $499 UHD disc systems for Playstation makes the most sense.

But these companies are also both determined to not lose to the other on the pricing front.

The point is that they are 100% losing money on what they've promised. It's going to turn out to be a shit processor that runs at low clockspeeds, and bullshit inflated graphical estimations. Over-promise, and Under-deliver™

People simply aren't getting better than RTX 2080 Supers inside their Series X's. That ain't happening. Even the RTX 3070 (coming Sept.) is scheduled to be around ~$500 and outperform that. The RTX 3000s are guaranteed to outperform consoles bc Nvidia and AMD have to position themselves that way. It's also why they're rushing to market by September.
Could Horizon ZD being bundled with AMD be Sony making a deal with them to get better pricing?

Could Horizon ZD being bundled with AMD be Sony making a deal with them to get better pricing?
Horizon ZD on PC is happening in order to make people consider buying a PS5 to play the sequel.

Same with Bloodborne for PC which is rumored to be announced any day now.

Persona 4 Golden for PC is also reportedly getting announced tomorrow on June 13. P3 is supposedly in the works too.

It's a pretty landmark occasion that Sony is suddenly entering the PC market space with their exclusives. They are branching out for new brand recognition with PC gamers. They're doing it all for a reason. (Not) Coincidentally, a few months before the new consoles.

I'm expecting Sony to drop a giant Bloodborne 2 bomb (announcement) right before the new console drops. To solidify their position. The show from yesterday was severely lacking imo; they playing it close to the vest.

I think we should all stop trying to estimate what the next gen prices will be. It's pointless, MS/Sony lock in the production/pricing of components well in advance since most everything is custom fabricated in some way. You can't really use off the shelf parts to guess prices honestly- since those off the shelf parts incur different costs (their own heatsinks, their own packaging, their own testing across diff PC set ups, etc) that the components in consoles don't. 

What we should talk about is how the two next gen consoles look super different- you got a fat rectangle vs tree trunk. I just hope the tree trunk comes in uniform colors... not digging the two-tone. 

I think we should all stop trying to estimate what the next gen prices will be. It's pointless, MS/Sony lock in the production/pricing of components well in advance since most everything is custom fabricated in some way. You can't really use off the shelf parts to guess prices honestly- since those off the shelf parts incur different costs (their own heatsinks, their own packaging, their own testing across diff PC set ups, etc) that the components in consoles don't.

What we should talk about is how the two next gen consoles look super different- you got a fat rectangle vs tree trunk. I just hope the tree trunk comes in uniform colors... not digging the two-tone.
I'm sure some crazy limited edition ones come out for both when the bigger games come out. Gonna be cool seeing what they come up with. I will get the launch PS5 (hopefully) and trade/sell when a custom one releases.

This gen I had a minecraft one s, gears red xbox, scorpio and now the Gears 5 X. Also had launch PS4, Vader PS4, GOW pro and now 500 million pro. Some went to my kids and some I sold/traded.

I'm generally apprehensive about buying consoles on launch (forever scarred by the RROD) and the value proposition they've put forth isn't enough to make me reconsider that stance. I'll almost undoubtedly pick up a PS5 eventually but there's no game or feature they've shown that I can't wait for or that won't inevitably be cheaper. I'm still pretty happy with the consoles I have and the backlog that I'll probably never get through. Just my two cents.

I've thought about this long and hard over the last year. What do you call the opposite of an "arms race"? Sony and Microsoft are both doing that; playing a game of chicken, waiting to see who will flinch first. They are slow playing their pricing plan. But a 1TB NVMe SSD is $100 and a 5700 XT gpu equivalent runs ~$400. A repeat of the "Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars" fiasco from the PS3 launch seems incredibly unlikely. I have a really hard time envisioning either of these disc systems selling for anything more or less than $499.99.

I believe that Sony is going to make Xbox go first and announce an msrp of $499 so that they can nnounce their disc-based system for $449. That, or else those will be the prices of the digital-only systems because the ones with UHD drives are going to have to cost at least $100 more.

The main point is that the whole reason the digital systems exist is for Sony and MS to tout their entry level pricing. Cutting out a UHD drive is going to save them what, maybe $40-60 per system total, and it's going to allow them to hit their target pricing in advertisements.

It's going to be: "Playstation 5: starting at $399/$449" (digital) and likely 50 bucks cheaper than what MS is offering.

There is no conceivable way that these machines are going to retail for $499 (digital) and $599 (UHD disc) respectively. It has been proven time and time again that pricing matters the most with consumer perception; more than the best quality graphics matter. Just look at Nintendo's strategy. And I think that Sony made a concession with their graphics in order to hit their targeted price point. Also "expandable solid state drive storage space available and sold separately". They're not giving enough storage space. Xbox is again going to pay the price for having this massive "12 teraflops" graphical compute. Unless they are simply lying, with the inflated AMD calculation formula.
I don't think so. I think Sony will match whatever price Microsoft offers because they know they are in a better position right now and if people are left with the choice of either console at the same price they expect the consumer to side with Sony.

Anyone with the Last of Us II Ellie Ed PO'd at Bestbuy have their order status say anything other than delayed or canceled? I'm actually kind of nervous. 

I got a notification for 2 pending charges my credit card for the Last of Us II PS4 Pro and the CE, but nothing yet for the Ellie Edition. Said pending charges are now gone. 

Anyone with the Last of Us II Ellie Ed PO'd at Bestbuy have their order status say anything other than delayed or canceled? I'm actually kind of nervous.

I got a notification for 2 pending charges my credit card for the Last of Us II PS4 Pro and the CE, but nothing yet for the Ellie Edition. Said pending charges are now gone.
Mine just says “preordered”. I ordered mine as soon as it went live (before they lowered the price)

Same here. Mine is in delayed status but the bestbuy forum support said it will arrive Friday still. Not sure how much I trust them but at least its not cancelled.

Delayed status for me. I ordered during the "2nd wave" on February 13th.

So this is probably old news, but I got the Death Stranding CE for $90 on NewEgg's EBay store, and man was I disappointed. Glad I didn't spend $180 on that.

So this is probably old news, but I got the Death Stranding CE for $90 on NewEgg's EBay store, and man was I disappointed. Glad I didn't spend $180 on that.
I can't stand the thought of buying a CE and throwing away the box. But that's exactly what I'd have to do with that monstrosity. Just going to get the pc version.

I'm starting to think that the main appeal of Ellie edition for many people is how the first CE on PS3 skyrocketed in value after it sold out. I can't believe I was thinking about ordering this thing for $229 for a backpack and a 7" vinyl. Even the CE is ludicrously priced.

Need to go cancel my BB pre-orders.

But I'm sure there are other people much more excited about this game than me.

I'm starting to think that the main appeal of Ellie edition for many people is how the first CE on PS3 skyrocketed in value after it sold out. I can't believe I'm thinking about ordering this thing for $229 for a backpack and a 7" vinyl. Even the CE is ludicrously priced.

Need to go cancel my BB pre-orders.

But I'm sure there are other people much more excited about this game than me.
That's definitely a major reason.

Another is the fact that after all the BS, non-sense, hype, criticism about work conditions, etc. the game's sitting at 96 on Metacritic. Sure reviews aren't everything but you gotta give ND credit, sounds like they delivered a solid game.

Seems like the game is also a bit longer than the first one. Every reviewer said 25 to 30 hrs long which is quite long for a game of this genre.

TLOU1 was cool when it played it. I also think it was one of the most over-hyped games of all time. Solid 'A-' game (for me). It was very competent, and well-acted. But I don't understand how it reached it's level of reception and praise. It clearly did a lot more for other players than it did for me. Then again I've heard far worse from numerous other people...

Anytime I see something in the price range I now think, "I just bought a LE console & game for 299"
Yeah it's insane. I've tried to completely stop doing that except for seminal JRPGs and important games to own and collect like Xenoblade. But even that was a similar package to the TLOU2 CE and was only $112.

I don't really see how $229 is such a shocking price this day and age... I feel like $200 is average for a CE these days.

TLOU1 was cool when it played it. I also think it was one of the most over-hyped games of all time. Solid 'A-' game (for me). It was very competent, and well-acted. But I don't understand how it reached it's level of reception and praise. It clearly did a lot more for other players than it did for me. Then again I've heard far worse from numerous other people...

Yeah it's insane. I've tried to completely stop doing that except for seminal JRPGs and important games to own and collect like Xenoblade. But even that was a similar package to the TLOU2 CE and was only $112.
Everyone has their "I don't get why this game is so praised" and I can def concede people's points on this game over-rated. For me though, easily a top ten game of all time. The gameplay was solid with a few new mechanics and the audio/video were amazing. But what really hit it home for me was how the story was delivered and the impact it left. The story was nothing new (28 Days/Walking Dead) but to see a story told in such a way in a video game was pretty damn amazing, from the opening until the ending. That final scene is still burned in my memory- at face value, it was one word and might not seem like anything meaningful but the way it was delivered and knowing what you (as the player) knew, it was such a "jesus christ, what have I done" type of thing. I've said this before but after beating the game, I was mentally drained- never felt that way about a game. And then a few days later I started my month long quest on the platinum for the game and had a blast.LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back